Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Good Vampire asperation

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
I am trying to do this but I can't get the "go 5 days without deep drinking" to start. Do you have to take a deep drink first and then stop? My Sim has never taken a deep drink so maybe the timer doesn't know when to start.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    iGotNoiPadiGotNoiPad Posts: 12 New Member
    I think the aspiration just wants you to not have your sims drink from others without their permission. For me, I basically stopped having them drink from anybody and fed them plasma salad and plasma drinks. The game just count everyday my sims doesn't drink from someone.
  • Options
    Well I have done that. I have been living for days on plasma fruit and the counter is stuck on zero.
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Good Vampire Aspiration
    Milestone II: Don't Drink Deeply for 5 Days in a Row

Alternatives to drinking deeply would be to eat Plasma Fruit or drink Plasma Packs.
    You could try doing this for 5 days to complete this step.
  • Options
    iGotNoiPadiGotNoiPad Posts: 12 New Member
    The game has a counter for each day you don't drink deeply, it doesn't record all at once. My sim that completed this was asked to moved in and the counter started one day after she moved in. It could be a bug but maybe you can try drinking deeply to reset the counter.
  • Options
    I'll try a deep drink and see if that starts the counter.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2017
    Okay, this is a weird one. I've noticed if you fill your thirst meter completely, no matter how you do it, it resets the counter. Even if you drink plasma packs, plasma janes, and/or eat plasma fruit, it will reset.

The solution is to just not fill it. Stick with keeping your thirst bar at no more than 3/4 full but make sure it doesn't go into the red.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Interesting. I'll watch it. Normally I like to keep it full.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    I am trying to do this but I can't get the "go 5 days without deep drinking" to start. Do you have to take a deep drink first and then stop? My Sim has never taken a deep drink so maybe the timer doesn't know when to start.

Super Easy drop sucking on sims, you can fish and make fish into plasma and plant plasma trees. You will have and excess of things to consume. Think i have well over 100plasma fruits now and 40 plasma packs from fish.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    iGotNoiPad wrote: »
    I think the aspiration just wants you to not have your sims drink from others without their permission. For me, I basically stopped having them drink from anybody and fed them plasma salad and plasma drinks. The game just count everyday my sims doesn't drink from someone.

Yeah almost forgot that one Plasma Jane from bar are amazing way to get dark energy up again too, usually tend to always have some in fridge for vampire guest to drink. Same with a couple of plasma packs from fish on a small table pick up and drink.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I haven't tried that aspiration yet but all of the tips here are helpful, I'll have to keep this stuff in mind if I try to go for it at some point. My vampires are jerks who love drinking deeply, I have screenshots of piles of passed out Sims on the sidewalk in Forgotten Hollow because my vampires grab up every passerby, lol.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Thanks to all. It seems I can starve my Sim for days and live off nothing but plasma fruit etc, but nothing starts the timer. I can easily live without Sim plasma. That's not the problem. The problem is that the timer does not start. I could not drink from a Sim for 20 weeks and the timer does not start.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    That sounds like a bug -- you might want to report it over at AnswerHQ: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/bd-p/The-Sims-4

Try deleting the localthumbcache file from the Sims 4 folder, then repair the game, and see if that helps solve the issue. If that's the only step you can't seem to fulfill for that step of the aspiration, I'd go ahead and use the cheat
    aspirations.complete_current_milestone

after keeping track manually.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    I haven't had this problem, but I'm wondering if it's related to the problems with the "evolve 10 plants" counter in the gardening aspiration. For some Sims it works fine and for others the counter goes up and down endlessly making it hard to complete that milestone. @stilljustme2 's suggestion to cheat may be the only way to fulfill this. - I'm not big on cheating but sometimes it's necessary.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited February 2017
    Felicity wrote: »
    Okay, this is a weird one. I've noticed if you fill your thirst meter completely, no matter how you do it, it resets the counter. Even if you drink plasma packs, plasma janes, and/or eat plasma fruit, it will reset.

The solution is to just not fill it. Stick with keeping your thirst bar at no more than 3/4 full but make sure it doesn't go into the red.

Quoting myself because this is the problem (I know the OP has seen it already). Hopefully it will be fixed by EA soon. Once I quit filling my thirst meter, I was able to complete the aspiration. It's annoying and it shouldn't be this way, but drinking anything until the thirst bar is full causes the reset.

Edit: At least, that's how it worked for me. Though just keeping track yourself and finishing the milestone via cheat is also a good solution until/if it's fixed.
  • Options
    Well one thing I was doing was switching aspirations. I played a new game and used this aspiration from the start and it worked fine. The time started and I got the full five days. So I must have done something in the old game to disable the timer. I did use the aspiration milestone cheat to move the game along.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top