Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can we please get a Directx 11 upgrade?

I'm not asking for too much, just a Directx 11 update so we can take advantage of our monster gpus, those of us who have them. As far as I know the game is optimized for Directx 9, which came out in like 2006, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
hhHD2XB.png
My tumblr - A world of clutter and color

Comments

• LykkeLeafLykkeLeaf Posts: 214 Member
    edited February 2017
    DX9 was released in 2002 actually. But yeah I totally agree. I play games that use DX11 and I'm always impressed at how detailed the lighting, textures and everything are while running flawlessly. I can literally see my character reflection on the wet concrete along with the street lights on the highest settings with only an average gaming pc. They all run at a stable 60 FPS. I have a hard time playing the Sims 4 after that when the graphics are a lot less detailed yet I can barely keep the framerate from going under 20 and the DX9 draw call limit causes stuttering when zoomed out.

I'm not entirely sure if the blame is all on DX9, but the only games that ever had framerate issues for me were all on DX9 (TS4 being the absolute worst of the lot.)
    Performance aside, even cartonny games like Portal Knights look absolutely beautiful because of DX11, especially the lighting. I can't help but imagine how TS4 would've looked like with it.
    Post edited by LykkeLeaf on
  • UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    I agree it would be amazing if they gave us Directx 11 compatibility. It wouldn't affect players who do not have Directx 9 since they can just do two modes for players to use.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    @LykkeLeaf yup, forgot d9 was from 2002 and they just updated it in 2006. And I couldn't agree more. I was looking at side by side comparison of D9 vs D11 and not only was the frame rate improved but the detailing, like you said, was amazing. And I have the same exact issues you do, with both zoomed out stutter and camera rotation. It's very frustrating.

@UnrealRoot exactly! It's just a choice, like 32 but vs 64 bit. It wouldn't negatively impact anyone's pc, while greatly improving the game for others.
    hhHD2XB.png
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I would like it too but I feel lucky enough that they gave us 64-bit... Let's hope they will surprise us. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • chesterbigbirdchesterbigbird Posts: 8,581 Member
    Would be nice, However i don't think it will happen.
    I know rise of tomb raider come out with a directx12 support and so did Civilization VI.

i7 6700K
    16GB hyper X fury
    MSI GTX 1080
    MSI gaming M5 mobo
    Evga 750 supernova
    Corsair hydro h110i GT
    Corsair obsidian 750D
    500GB SSD
    6TB Seagate Barracuda Pro
    LG 34" ultra wide

• AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Would be nice, However i don't think it will happen.
    I know rise of tomb raider come out with a directx12 support and so did Civilization VI.

Yup, DirectX 12 would be even better, but id be happy with 11. I mean, they made 64 bit happen so im keeping my fingers crossed just in case.
    hhHD2XB.png