Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The vampires are pretty much perfect.

2...Next

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Maybe if they're really hungry, their fangs start to show or they do a surprise attack.

Actually, when they get really thirsty, they DO in fact start doing some extra animations that pretty much imply that there's a monster within them trying to take control. Fun.
    If you let their thirst bar drop to zero, they'll involuntarily attack any random sim nearby, which is also pretty fun.

I agree though, it would be pretty interesting if there was some kind of discovery mechanic, a "known vampire" status thing like with the aliens, but I see just one problem with that: Not all vampires have a dark form.

A vampire's normal form has the potential to look rather obviously vampiric, as is the case with mine. I don't give my guys the option to disguise themselves and blend in with humanity. They might have kept that in mind, as the vampire discovery thing isn't a thing that would suit every potential vampire sim.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    Maybe if they're really hungry, their fangs start to show or they do a surprise attack.

Actually, when they get really thirsty, they DO in fact start doing some extra animations that pretty much imply that there's a monster within them trying to take control. Fun.
    If you let their thirst bar drop to zero, they'll involuntarily attack any random sim nearby, which is also pretty fun.

I agree though, it would be pretty interesting if there was some kind of discovery mechanic, a "known vampire" status thing like with the aliens, but I see just one problem with that: Not all vampires have a dark form.

A vampire's normal form has the potential to look rather obviously vampiric, as is the case with mine. I don't give my guys the option to disguise themselves and blend in with humanity. They might have kept that in mind, as the vampire discovery thing isn't a thing that would suit every potential vampire sim.

Oh I'll have to try letting my vampire sims get really thirsty, (I tend to play mixed human vampire family so I tend to keep the husband and or wife well fed) sounds like some terrifying fun XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    As much as I love and praise the Vampires Pack, there are a few things that bother me.
    I find it pretty annoying that you instantly know who is vampire and who isn't in the game, I mean from a meta standpoint it makes sense, but for sims, I don't think they should know right away, something to give it away like the uncontrollable hissing weakness could have been a sign to human sims that there's something not quite right with X sim like an uncomfortable or tense moodlet "Why is he/she hissing?", "Weird teeth" or "Visitors...at night?"
    or maybe even a moodlet as a reaction to "debate/discuss the existence of vampires" or "confess fear of vampires", like I noticed that vampire sims tend to get a little huffy if you "debate/discuss existence" with them, like maybe an anger or sad moodlet "Why are they angry/sad about vampires?" heck even the vampire sims could get an angry, sad or happy moodlet accordingly (to their taits and what) Angry "Why do they doubt my existence?", "Why don't they believe that vampires are real?", "Phew, my secret is safe." kind of deal.
    I guess I'm just bothered about is that the devs don't use the emotion system as much as they advertised they were going to when they were teasing The Sims 4, so much potential to make the sims come to life with the emotion system, only for it to take a backseat and only be there give sims whims and thoughts.
    Anyway, I am looking forward to the next occult-life state, and I only hope they do it as much justice as they have done to the vampires. :)
    Happy Simming everyone :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I found this pack to be extremely weak in the area I would want a Vampire pack to be strong. For me the biggest part of vampires is those who hunt them be it Van Helsing or Buffy for me hunting and vampires go together cant have one without the other and this pack failed in this aspect.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I found this pack to be extremely weak in the area I would want a Vampire pack to be strong. For me the biggest part of vampires is those who hunt them be it Van Helsing or Buffy for me hunting and vampires go together cant have one without the other and this pack failed in this aspect.

I guess stakes were not pg13..... Or pg5 in TS4's case xD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I guess stakes were not pg13..... Or pg5 in TS4's case xD
    I doubt previous games would've had this either as that would be considered murder, and the sims have never included murder as an interaction (and probably never will). So it's not like it's unique to ts4 or anything.

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member

You can hunt them down and throw the vampire cure on them against their will (and if you are okay with mods, I would bet five simoleans there's one out there that makes it lethal :D )
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    I wonder if they watched Twilight for vampire ideas.

Those poor people.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

Those poor people.
    If you're referring to The Sims 3's vampires, then you'd most likely be correct.
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    I really wish TS3 vampires were like TS4. i don't play TS4 yet but from what I see the vampires are much more fun to play and the powers/weakness system is genius.
    giphy.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I find Vladimir very funny. He turns up everywhere. In my game he likes going to the Gym, ogling the trainer who gives him funny looks and goes jogging in a red jogging outfit. I only got the pack for the building and furniture objects though and never let him in my houses but this is an amusing bonus. >:)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited January 2019
    MMX wrote: »

Those poor people.
    If you're referring to The Sims 3's vampires, then you'd most likely be correct.

Yeah, TS3 was popular around the same time as Twilight. And I do remember the devs describing Sims 3 vamps as "modern vampires", unlike the "archaic Sims 2 ones".

Not to mention TS3 had a... lifetime reward? for vampires, that would make them sparkle in the sun instead of frying. I.. think the vampiric sunscreen did that too? I don't remember the exact thing that made them sparkle, but they were definitely referencing Twilight here.

I am so glad Sims 4 gave us the freedom to choose exactly how our vampires function... as well as removing the Twilight garbage. Vamps with full sun resistance won't sparkle anymore.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Almost all my game have Vampires. It's my favorite and it's darn near perfect. I want them to do Witches just as well to compliment them.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

Those poor people.

Sims 4 vamps are a lot less Twilight inspired as Sims 3 -- at least Sims 4 vamps don't sparkle.

I think they went with a variety of sources -- classic Dracula, Vampire Diaries, and the like.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)