Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forgotten Hollow, what could be better?

I really love the vibe of Forgotten Hollow, the wolves are howling, crows are landing and flying everywhere etc. But there are a few things that I really am not happy about.

1. There are two fishing places and I literally never see ANY sim go fishing autonomously, this works beautifully in Willow Creek and Oasis Spring, why not in FH?
2. None of the townies plays at the chess boards
3. It would be so much nicer if there was something that you could actually do in the town center. Instead of making it an open place, why not add a lot in the center where the Vlad statue will be and also make it a Park so that sims actually do something there.

Is it just me who is missing those things in FH?

Comments

• kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I just realized I haven't played in FH much. I had my vampires live there for a couple of simdays, but then moved them into a penthouse in San Myshuno. They still sometimes visit Vlad or the other two premades, though.

But you know, you're probably right about the town center. I think I've had my vampires visit it once, and nothing much was happening, so they just left (I didn't even have time to notice the crows or hear the wolves). I wonder if there was a way to make the place more lively.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've had townies both fish and play chess in my game. And the park doesn't need normal park items because who wants little vampire kiddies bursting into flames while playing on the pirate ship? I think the openness allows for vampires to spar at night.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I've had townies both fish and play chess in my game. And the park doesn't need normal park items because who wants little vampire kiddies bursting into flames while playing on the pirate ship? I think the openness allows for vampires to spar at night.

Vampire children don't get hurt by the sun, it is only teen+ who are afflicted by sun. :> However if there was a park it might convince vampires to spend more time outside during the day, which would be bad. X)
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    Isn't that a good touch in that place though? I mean, forgotten hollow. They gotta be quiet and less people are doing things outside.But, well... I kinda wish the night is somewhat crowded and I also kinda want to build a haunted place in there too just so that the ghost came out and be the major crowd at night.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited February 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Now that is weird... I never, ever saw anyone except my sim fishing or playing chess.. The townies only play chess when I click on them and ask them to join, but they for whatever reason stay only 3 minutes or so and then say goodbye. It seems every single one of them is really bus with whatever they are doing, because it doesn't make any sense for them to jump right away after introduction... And this is what seems to be happening in my Forgotten Hollow :(

Edit: here a comparison:

a4c6a3bb3f104a589c85a20e4c35afa1.png

This is what happens on all fishing spots in this neighborhood! While the lake in FH is never being fished at...
  • Mikecp21Mikecp21 Posts: 5 New Member
    I like forgotten hollow! My sim self fell in love with Lillith Vatore and I spent a lot of time there the town is cool, just wish it was bigger way to small!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    This probably relates to vampire AI.

Let's assume that the game prioritizes Sims that are from that area to walk by. Well, the locals happen to be vampires, and they're disabled from appearing during the day. As such, the general traffic that it would probably use for those tasks just isn't coming.

It could also be a precaution on behalf of the devs. Let's say the game accidently spawns one of your vampires. There's two ways this could go:

A.) They walk through town and live
    B.) They stop to fish and die.

Clearly we'd all prefer A), so I imagine they willingly set Forgotten Hollow up to be empty as a precaution against existing traffic systems.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    The whole sun thing is pretty annoying. My sim died TWICE in the sun and I didn't even have him out for that long. I had to cheat and revive him with the wishing well :/
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • CosmolitoCosmolito Posts: 9 New Member
    edited October 2018
    I know this is pretty unrelated, but I discovered a way to put the statue of Vlad into a lot. First, open the cheat console (Ctrl + Shift + C). Next, enable cheats (by putting "testingcheats true" in the cheat console and pressing enter). Then, move one of your sims to one of your lots. Then, shift-click the statue of Vlad and clicking the button that replaces your head with an object. Finally, with the statue replacing your head, shift-click the statue and reset the object. You may resize the object by using the shortcut Shift + ]/[.

I made a park using this exploit and placed it in Forgotten Hollow.

By the way, sorry about posting on a thread made a year ago.

Feel free to spreading this neat feature, because it seems nobody knows about it...
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I, personally, LOVE Forgotten Hollow.

1. No other worlds have the sun set so early, which is PERFECT for Vampires.
    2. The townies are all quiet and don't come out at all, which is perfect because I decided to add a holiday during the summer called Vampire Extinction day, the day everybody else thinks Vampires went extinct.
    3. It's all dark and stuff. Perfect for mah vampire friends.
    4. I also like how visitors don't go fishing there because they're pretty much all just passing through and are in a rush because they know it used (still is, but they don't know it) a Vampire town and don't want to DIE.

But, if you don't like it, that's okay.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love Forgotten Hollow too.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have a mod that disables vampires from my game so I play with regular Sims in Forgotten Hollow and I love it. My only complaint is that I wish it had more lots. I also have no idea what to do with that big house up on the hill that looks like the Goths 2.0.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited March 2019
    Honestly, for Forgotten Hollow it does kinda make sense that townies don't stop to fish and play chess.
    Most of the FH townies I've seen are vampires.

So what happens if they stop to do any of those things? And suddenly the sun rises?

They die.

And the few human townies probably find this place a little too creepy to settle down and fish at. What if a vampire spots them? It's not exactly safe. Not to mention it's kinda meant to be a small, quiet, forgotten town anyway.

My only complaint is the small number of lots as well. It's such a pretty little place, I'd love to place more stuff in there!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    My only complaint is the small number of lots as well. It's such a pretty little place, I'd love to place more stuff in there!

This is my only complaint too with FH. I wish it were bigger, or that we'd get a free, empty town with the same theme to use to expand the existing area, if that makes sense.

It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am really really happy that they didn't park a kiddo playground pirateship right smack in the middle of my only dark world! That is where I take my vamps to battle, spar and feed on the Innocent. I really don't need a whole class of first-graders milling about. I have about 7 parks with swings and pirate ships in my save so I would rather see them there.

For my sake the world is great, mostly vamps walking around and a few walking plasma-bags. The vamps with sun-resistance gets first pick and the vamps without gets the unlucky stragglers.

My only complaint. That it is too small. That said, whenever I get too miffed at the size I think of Sixam and hug my dear little dark corner of the world oh so close.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    I also love Forgotten Hollow and feel it is just right for vampires. I also like adding the Moonlit Vampire Escape on the empty lot as a place for my vampires to hang out. I do wish it was slightly bigger, but for a GP it is still a really beautiful, dark and eerie world.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as other than one post last year it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top