Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

And They Lived | UPDATE: 10-01

SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
Update: 1-9-18: In all honesty, I have lost interest in this legacy and focused more on my other one. I apologize to anyone who is reading and waiting for updates. Until further notice, the story is on a permanent hiatus.

The following will be a story driven legacy based on the Disney Princess Challenge. You can view the challenge if you choose since majority of you will know the stories already (the Disney and/or Grim versions).

The following links will be to where the story is posted on wordpress. I will not be posting the forum links, although I will post each chapter here.
No longer posting on the forums. It's easier to simply post them on the blog.
Note: This story will contain mature content (although not in every chapter), please be aware of this and read at your own discretion.
snow-white1.png
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8 *slight NSFW
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Post edited by Sarahkay on

Comments

• Options
    blakrayvonblakrayvon Posts: 15 New Member
    How evil. I am intrigued. Can't wait for the next part!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Prologue

2.png

"Honey, I'm headed to work. I'll meet you at the company party later tonight."
    "Alright darling." The woman pursed her lips when she sees her husband. "Are you sure you don't want to come home and change first? What will the board members think if they see you in the same suite?"

1.png

The man chuckled before kissing his wife. He had come to love how she was so concerned for his image. "Don't worry. I have a suite at the dry cleaners I have to pick up on the way to work. I'll change before I meet you. No I have to get going, I love you."
    Satisfied, the woman gracefully sank down into the nearest chair to finish her breakfast. "I love you too, dear husband."

3.png

She ate in silence until she was absolutely sure her husband was gone. Then, reaching across the table to where he sat earlier, she grabbed the newspaper and snapped it into form.
    "Yesterday, the populous of San Myshuno was astonished to hear about
    the engagement of local millionaire, Cyrus Persson, to the foreign model,
    Kyra Masters. The couple has only been dating for a few months, but
    has set the date to be in only a months time. We sat down wi-"

5.png

The woman wadded the paper into a ball and hurled it across the room, seething in anger. After a few moments, she forced herself into a calmer state of mind. This was no time to lose control, after all, and it was only a minor set back from her original plan.

4.png

With the ever forced note of friendliness in her voice, she dialed her sister-in-law. "Elizabeth, how are you love? Good, good." She let a depressed tone enter her voice to get Elizabeth to follow her lead. "Look, your brother is dragging me off to another company party and I have absolutely nothing to wear! Oh you will? Oh you're such a wonderful friend, always letting me drag you out of the house on such short notice. Alright, I'll see you in an hour then. Ta ta!"

6.png

Smiling to herself, the woman rose to her feet and drifted into the bedroom, seating herself before a mirror. Staring lovingly at her reflection, she brushed her hair until it was soft as silk, re-pinned it so not a single hair was out of place, and touched up her makeup. One corner of her mouth turned up slightly as she looked upon herself when she finally finished. Eyes gleaming with fiendish glee.

7.png

"Yes, simply a minor set back. That fool of a girl will give me the alibi I seek, and as an extra measure of caution, she'll be there to comfort me when I give her the news of the 'accident'. Then I can collect the insurance and proceed to phase two." She laughed gleefully, "Who knows, maybe the pretty bride-to-be will suffer a similar accident and my poor dear Cyrus will need someone to comfort him."

8.png

Gliding out to the hallway com-system to held the button and in the sweetest voice she could muster, "Beau, bring my car around front. I'll be down promptly."
    "Very good ma'am." Beau said in a slightly irritated voice.
    As sweet as she made her voice, she never seemed to be able to fool the servants, but they held their tongues and that was all that mattered.
    Soon, she reminded herself, soon I won't need false smiles and sweet words just to make the servants do their job . Soon, they will all treat me like royalty or I'll crush them like the insects they are.

9.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Chapter 1

10.png

A small child sits on the floor, wrinkling her newly tailored dress, playing void critters. The afternoon sunlight was streaming in through her windows, the only good thing that had come out of this whole ordeal.

111.png

"Ivory, baby, what are you doing? You're wrinkling your new dress, not to mention you'll be red as a tomato in a few more minuets."
    The child glared up from the floor at her father. "No I won't. Lucille made sure the servants smothered me in sunblock, you can't tell by looking because it's the same color as I am, basically, but it smells so bad."
    He sighed and squatted next to her, "And what's your excuse for the dress?"
    "I hate this dress! It's to tight and it matches her. I don't want to match her."

12.png

"Now Ivory," He chided gently, "please try to behave yourself. I know you two have your differences, but in a few hours she'll be your step-mother and you have to try to get along. For my sake."
    After losing yet another battle, her frustration bubbled over. "But it's not fair!"
    He ran a hand through his hair and, again sighing, pulled her to him. "You're right, it's not fair. It's not fair that you're mother was taken from you so suddenly and with you being so young. It's not fair that your skin is so fair that you can't be like other children and play outside without burning. It's not fair that you had to learn this lesson before you were ready, but that's life, Ivory. It's not fair, but if you keep striding forward it gets better. Plus, you never know what someone went through to get where they are. Maybe, she just needs to know you believe in her and show her the kindness you want her to show you."

13.png

She didn't believe him, but nodded anyway. Her life couldn't possibly get better, being stuck inside day after day with her. Her father may be blind to the icy look in his future brides eyes, but she saw, and so did the servants. But her father was finally happy, so did she really want to make it harder for him by fighting with Lucille?
    She sighed, knowing in her heart what the answer was. "Alright father, I'll be on my best behavior. I promise.
    "Good, now get up before Nan catches you on the floor. Then you'll really think life's not fair.

14.png

Ivory giggled but did as she was told. Nan was the live in nanny her father had hired when her mother died. In a way, she was more of a mother to her than Lucille ever even tried to be, so the promise of a scolding was not taken lightly.

81.png
    71.png
    61.png
    51.png
    41.png
    31.png
    21.png
    11.png
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Great start so far! I'm really enjoying it, and my familiarity with Disney princess movies only enhances that enjoyment. Looking forward to future posts and princesses!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Chapter 2

15.png

"Lucille, I don't understand why you're angry with me."
    "Because, Cyrus, bringing legal matters into this is just so...final. Did you ever think that maybe I would have some input in this matter?"

22.png

"She is not your child, Lucille! She's mine, therefore I will do as I see fit for her future." He immediately regretted his words, but would stand by them no matter what.
    "You're right, Cyrus. She is yours and yours alone. But don't think for one second I'll sit by this and be happy."

32.png

"But Lucille, I-"
    "No, Cyrus...don't even bother."

42.png

"Lucille, dear heart, don't be angry with me."
    The door slammed in Cyrus's face as a response. Sighing and rubbing his neck in what could only be growing frustration, he sulked over to his favorite chair and sank into it gratefully.

52.png

The two shadowy figures who had been passing by the room when the arguing began retreated to the far end of the condo.
    "I don't understand." Billie said hotly, but knowing she was in the safety of a closed room, "Why is she so mad. He's your dad so he can give you money if he wants to."

62.png

"Lucille doesn't like being denied what she thinks is hers, especially money."
    "Yeah, but you're dad has a bazillion dollars and he lets her spend it on whatever she wants!"
    Ivory shrugged and then, rather tentatively, because admitting she didn't know something was rather difficult, "Hey, Billie...what's a 'will'?"
    "Um...well, when my grandpa died he gave us all of his stuff. Then man reading it said a lot of big words...but 'will' was one of them so, I guess it's when dead people give you stuff." Billie said matter-of-factually.

72.png

"But my dad isn't dead yet."
    Billie sighed dramatically, "I don't know then. But what was your step-mom wearing. She's such a loser."
    Ivory squirmed uncomfortably before mumbling, "My dad doesn't want me to talk bad about others...especially Lucille."
    "You're to nice. If you went to my school, the kids would have ate you alive."

82.png

"That's why father won't let me go." Ivory snapped, "But oh well, because while I do have a tutor at least I don't have to sit in a smelly building all day long."
    "Ms. Ivory, Ms. Billie, dinner is ready at your pleasure."
    Billie jumped to her feet, "Whoop! You're lucky to have a butler too so you'll never had to eat gross food."
    Following her friend at a slower pace, Ivory followed to where dinner had been laid out on the table.

121.png

"Is there anything else you shall need?"
    "Marvin, aren't you hungry? There's plenty of food here for you too."
    "No, ma'am. I have other matters to attend."
    "Oh, well, no. That's good then." Ivory said, a little crest fallen at being denied again. She liked the butler, he had a very good sense of humor and, of course, it also helped that he spoke with a funny accent.
    "Very good, ma'am."

131.png

They ate in silence, like usual. Billie was shoveling the food into her mouth as fast as she possibly could. She always insisted it was because the food was delicious, but sometimes Ivory couldn't help but wonder if her parents even fed her.
    "Hey Billie. Why do you always want to come here so much? Don't you miss your parents?"

141.png

Billie swallowed her food, "Because you have all this cool stuff and I don't. Duh!"
    Ivory didn't really think it was true, but seeing no other reason to think her friend was lying she let it drop.
    "I guess it's a good thing I do, since I can't leave the house very much."

Later that night, after a very stern Cyrus bid them to do so, the girls were almost ready for bed. Ivory was becoming impatient for her turn in the bathroom. After several minuets she opened the door, ready to tell Billie to hurry up. Instead, before she even spoke the first word, a brush came hurtling through the air. She ducked, narrowly avoiding it.

16.png

"O-oh, sorry Ivy. You scared me." Billie said rapidly before quickly fleeing the bathroom, jumping into the bed, dirty clothes and all, and pulled the covers up over her head. Ivory, who had followed almost immediately out of concern, felt a great weight settle on her heart.
    She obviously doesn't want to talk about it, but I'm sure I saw bruises on her back. Maybe it's those mean kids at her school...oh well, father says it's rude to pry, and I don't want to be rude.

151.png

92.png

"Are the girls in bed?" Lucille asked as she came out of the closet in their bedroom.
    "Yes, finally. I will never understand their aversion to sleep."

101.png

"Good, because we need to talk."
    "Lucille." Cyrus groaned, "It's late, can't this wait until morning?"
    "No, I-I need to get this off my chest. It's a good thing." She said defensively after seeing his face harden at her words. She took a deep breath to steady herself, now that she was telling Cyrus it was like making the issue real instead of imaginary.
    "Cyrus, I'm pregnant."

112.png
  • Options
    Woo! Chapter two!
    Don't fall for her manipulation Cyrus! Just look at her dead eyes! And poor Billie. I just want to hug her.
  • Options
    blakrayvon wrote: »
    Woo! Chapter two!
    Don't fall for her manipulation Cyrus! Just look at her dead eyes! And poor Billie. I just want to hug her.
    I wouldn't be surprised if you were punched for the hug, haha. Billie is not much of a touchy-feely kind of girl.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Chapter 3

17.png

"Hey Ivy!" The cheerful voice on the other end of the line said, "Guess what? There's no school today!"
    Ivory snorted in disbelief. "Oh, how come?"
    "It's a holiday, that's why."
    "Huh! Yeah right."
    Billie laughed, "Ok maybe not, but I'm still not there."

23.png

"Where are you then?"
    "Downstairs! I'll be up in a few. Pack like you're going to the pool. I have somewhere cool to take you!"

33.png

Before she could protest, the phone call ended. Biting her lip, trying to decide if going out was worth the risk of Lucille's wrath, she didn't notice she was being watched.
    "I do believe," The butler said gloomily, "that you are suppose to be finishing your lesson for the day."
    "Uh, yeah, well, Billie just called and well...she has the day off from school. Holiday. So she's here."

43.png

He raised one eyebrow in disbelief, but didn't say a word.
    "Oh please, Jenson." She cast around for her step-mother before continuing in a whisper, "She says she has somewhere cool to take me."
    "And you're parents would skin me alive for letting you leave the complex."
    "I know." Ivory said and sadly hung her head. "But father is never home anymore and Lucille never lets me go out when he isn't here. As much as it hates me, I love the sunshine."

53.png

"Well," He said stroking his chin, "Maybe we can think of something."

After several hours of train hopping and hiking through the grubby, and yet oddly fascinating, streets of San Myshuno, Ivory was beginning to lag behind Billie. Never being one to complain, she pressed on even though her feet ached and her breath came in wheezes. She held every confidence that their goal was as wonderful as Billie claimed it was.

132.png

Finally, after what felt like years, they arrived at a small rock formation just inside the cities main park. Billie glanced around as if what she was doing would get them both into trouble and then grinned at her friend. Before Ivory could even register that maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all, Billie slipped through the vines and greenery that covered the rocks. She  stared blankly ahead for several minuets before a hand darted out and pulled her through.
    "Jeeze are you trying to tell the entire world about this place? Come on, we're almost there."
    After a few minuets of walking in the dimly lit cave the girls rounded a corner and were blinded by sunlight a few feet in front of them.
    "Well, go on. I've already seen it so you go first." Billie said, pushing Ivory towards the caves mouth.

63.png

"T-this is amazing!" Ivory said, mouth hanging open in wonder.
    Billie shrugged but smiled anyway at her friends enjoyment, "I guess. It's just some area the city people forgot about. I think they tired to make it a pool or something."

83.png

Laughing she spun around excitedly, "How did you find this place?"
    "My jerk brother pushed me one day and I fell into the cave. He brings his idiot friends here but I never see anyone else around. It's like my secret hideout when I need to get away."
    "Get away? From what?"

102.png

"Oh my gosh! I forgot to show you the best part!"
    Ivory frowned as Billie ran off, obviously avoiding the question. She never could get a straight answer out of her, but instead of pressing Ivory simply jogged after her friend.

73.png

Skidding to a halt, Ivory squealed with delight. Billie had been correct when she said it was fashioned as a pool, but years had gone by and it was no longer kept in good repair. Bush and clumps of grass had sprouted near the waters edge, breaking through the stones that framed it. Moss had settled into every nook and cranny it could find and, somehow, there were even fish in the water.
    After pointing this out, Billie grimaced. "My brothers work. He thought it would be 'fun' to have a big aquarium. Took me an hour to convince him an alligator was a bad idea."

93.png

"This is amazing, Billie. Thank you so much for showing me."
    "Yeah well," Billie said bashfully, "I figured you could use a get away spot of your own with the new baby and everything."
    "I wish we could stay longer but...it's been a long time since we left. Lucillie will get suspicious, especially if my sunscreen wears off."

113.png
    122.png

"Mistress Persson. A boy has arrived to fetch his sister, Billie, home. Should I tell him to return later?"
    "No. Have him wait in the parlor. The girls will return shortly, I'm sure. As you said earlier, they only went to the pool downstairs."
    The butler blinked once, attempting to give away no sign of distress. "The boy looks like a thieving hooligan, ma'am. Are you sure that is wise?"
    Lips curving up into a twisted grin, but never looking up from her book, she replied sweetly. "Yes, I'm quite sure. But if you are so worried, maybe I should keep him company."

142.png
  • Options
    Uh-oh. She's smiling. That can't be a good sign. On a different note, Billie and Ivory are such cute friends!
  • Options
    blakrayvon wrote: »
    Uh-oh. She's smiling. That can't be a good sign. On a different note, Billie and Ivory are such cute friends!
    Aren't they? I figured I would give her at least one good friend since she can't exactly have her animal friends.
  • Options

So sorry for the delay in updates. Breath of the Wild came out and I am addicted to that game! Hopefully I can have an update out within the next few days.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I like your story so far! I attempted to do the disney challenge when i played TS3 and I didn't get to far hehe. Makes me wanna try again!
  • Options
    Linzz wrote: »
    I like your story so far! I attempted to do the disney challenge when i played TS3 and I didn't get to far hehe. Makes me wanna try again!

Oh you should! Story or no, the challenge is pretty interesting since you can do either the Disney or grim brothers versions. :smile:
  • Options
    Chapter 4

1.png

Ivory had been mindlessly flipping through the channels when she noticed her father had walked into her room. Still peeved at him, though their fight was several days ago, she chose to ignore him.

2.png

"Ivory." Cyrus said sternly, "We need to talk."
    She sighed dramatically and, after pressing mute, tossed the remote on the couch. "About what? You and Lucille have already decided so that's that, right?"
    "There's no need for the attitude. We have our reasons for the decision and you should just accept them. We know better about some things then you do."
    Pouting she sank lower and turned away, "I made one bad decision 9 years ago and now you two won't let me do anything"

3.png

His voice rose in anger. "You snuck out with Billie and from your little adventure you got Sun Poisoning. You almost died, Ivory. I wouldn't even do it the injustice of calling it a 'bad decision'. He sat next to her on the couch, rubbing his face in thought. After calming down he sighed. "That's not what this is about anyway. Ivory," He took a deep breath before continuing, "I'm leaving in a few days on a business trip."

4.png

I took her a moment to register what he said, and when she did it hit her hard. "What? You can't leave!" She screamed, leaping to her feet, "The doctor said you're suppose to stay home and let your business manager run the business for a while. The stress could kill you!"
    "This isn't your choice Ivory." He said gently, "I'll take it easy, I promise. This is not something that I can turn over to anyone else. We could lose everything if I don't go."
    "But you could lose you life instead and leave me here with them!" She cried, "And what about your treatments? How are you suppose to keep on your chemo treatments if you're away."
    "My doctor, who had your same reservations about this I assure you, has set up appointments with one of his colleges in the city I'll be in. I'll get my treatments. Don't worry so much Ivory, and don't be so cruel when it comes to your sisters and step-mother. I thought you had grown past this."

5.png

Flushed with embarrassment Ivory dropped her eyes. "I'm sorry father. Lea and Morgan aren't so bad when Lucille isn't around but when she is they're awful! You know she treats me different then them and they pick up on it to please her."
    "Maybe if you weren't so distant she wouldn't treat you differently. Sometimes you have to get over it and pretend to like someone you don't, because no you don't have to like her, but she is my wife, Ivory, and she isn't going anywhere."
    "I know." She mumbled meekly then smiled. "It's been ten years and two kids later. I think you're stuck with her."

6.png

Cyrus shook his head. "Well you're 'evil' step-mother and I talked it over and we both agree that you should be allowed to attend Billie's prom...but not as her date."

"Oh daddy!" She exclaimed excitedly, "Thank you so much! She'll be so happy to hear I get to go." She stopped her repetitive, twirling dance and glanced at her father. "You know she asked me only so I could go, right? I'm straight daddy, even if Billie isn't."

7.png

Cyrus shrugged, "Yeah well, it wouldn't be the first time she tried to pull this stunt."
    Hugging him again, she laughed. "Yes and I royally broke her heart for it too. But we have both grown and accepted that it's just a very deep friendship we have, nothing more. Not," She said raising her finger to scold him, "that being gay is a bad thing. And this doesn't get you off the hook either. I still cant believe you would go and put yourself at risk."

9.png

Raising his hands in defense, "I wasn't saying it was a bad thing. I like Billie...even if she is a bad influence sometimes. I just don't want you or her to hurt again." He pulled her into another hug, "And I didn't expect you to be okay with this. But I've made my decision and all I can say is that I'll be as careful as I possibly can. I wouldn't want to leave any of my girls before I'm an old man. Now go call her. I'm sure you're just bursting to the seams to let her know...and drain my bank account on an outfit."

"Everything is ready." The voice on the other end of the line said, "I shall await your signal."

Lucille clicked the phone shut without saying a word in response. Cyrus would leave in a few days, short enough time to prepare, but she would manage and then all would be as it should be. She rang for the butler, a man she had been grooming since she first discovered him.

8.png

"Ma'am?" He replied gloomily as he entered the doorway to her room.

"I want you to prepare a special meal in three days time. I left all of the ingredients you will need and the instructions for preparation" She tapped her chin thoughtfully, "But knowing your background, I'm sure you know this meal."
  • Options
    Nice update! Can't wait to see what Lucille does next, looks like something is up definitely...
  • Options
    Linzz wrote: »
    Nice update! Can't wait to see what Lucille does next, looks like something is up definitely...
    Really? What ever gives you that impression? >:)
  • Options
    Chapter 5

11.png

"I do know one other place." Billie said, pulling Ivory toward the subway. "It's not as fancy as you're use to, but they have some cute things there."

They had spent all day shopping for the perfect outfits but were not having much success. The day was starting into it's decline and Ivory was beginning to despair. She had been lucky when her father let her go shopping on a sunny day and it wasn't likely to happen again since he was now out of town. She would go to a thrift store if it meant she wouldn't have to get an online dress tailored. Having another person in her personal space was less than ideal in Ivory's book.

21.png

However, once they arrived she was pleasantly surprised. Granted, it wasn't the normal "high end" store she usually went to, but beggars can't be choosers and she firmly believed Billie wouldn't lead her to far out there...no matter how out dated her wardrobe is.

31.png

The store showed good promise upon entering, too. Instead of simply catering to the slim figures of most women in the city, like Billie, they also had plus sizes which thrilled Ivory to no end.

51.png

The excitement was short lived, though. As she began trying on her chosen outfits, she was distraught by the sight of how unflattering they were once they were on her. Not to mention how very large she had let herself get.

61.png

She had just sat down to pout when Billie barged into her dressing room.
    "Look at this dress! Ah!" There was a sharp intake of breath, "Doesn't it look just...fabulous!"
    "Yeah. Wonderful." Ivory responded sarcastically.
    "What's wrong with you?"

71.png

"Well let's see. We've been tromping around all day and I haven't found a single dress that doesn't make me look like a whale. But I have to pick something otherwise I'll be stuck at home with the devil and her minions instead of having fun with you. So when I do pick one, I'll wear it to the dance and everyone will laugh..."

81.png

"Jeeze, pity party for one in here. Look, don't play the victim for circumstances you created. Sure you've put on some weight over the last few years. So what? Trust me, most girls at my school are fat and you are not fat. You have another one here, try it on and stop being so hard on yourself."
    "Fine." Ivory muttered and watched her friend leave the room. Easy for her to say...she eats rolls instead of wearing them.

41.png

Dragging the current dress off and pulling the new one on, she took a deep break before closing her eyes and turning towards the mirror. Frowning, she tried to pick at the fabric around her waist. Some size 8 you turned out to be.

"Here," Billie said so suddenly that Ivory almost screamed, "I found this one in the wrong area. Try it on while I try out my newest find. Oh dear, how on earth will I choose."

10.png

"Well?" Ivory said meekly, watching Billie striking poses in front of the mirror.
    "Yes! Beautiful! Gorgeous! And slimming too." She said throwing a wink in at the end. Ivory blushed slightly, "Well, it'll do then." She glanced down at her phone, "And just in time too, the devil is requesting my presence."

111.png

"And you'll never guess what she did!" Ivory's sister, Lea, was saying. "Oooh, Ivory you're late!"
    "Now Lea, everyone can see she is late. No need to point out the obvious." Lucille said softly, reprimanding her daughter. "Girls, why don't you go eat in your rooms.

12.png

"Yes, mother." The girls chimed together before picking their plates up. In passing, Ivory heard Morgan snicker to Lea, "She's in big trouble now."
    Ivory signed inwardly and took her normal seat at the table. A plate had already been set and it smelled delicious, Jarrod had outdone himself this time.

13.png

"Nice of you to join us tonight, Ivory."
    "You knew I was out shopping with Billie. Father gave me permission right in front of you."
    "I did, but the courteous thing to do was to call and let us know you would be late."

14.png

"The food isn't even cold! I bet Jarrod just brought out the meal a few minuets before I walked through the door." She glanced over to where Jarrod stood.

15.png

"Don't talk back to me young lady!" Lucille snapped before regaining her composure. "It shows good manners to call, no matter how late you may be. I thought you're father would have taught you better than this. But I suppose I can't blame him, after all you didn't have a mother for the first seven years of your life and you were already a selfish thing by then."

Ivory opened her mouth to reply, but instead began coughing. She took a sip of her drink to clear her throat and glanced at Jarrod for reassurance. She received no such reassurance, only stony silence from his tense form.

17.png

"Jarrod, don't you have other things to attend to? I don't pay you to stand around."
    Warnings began blaring in Ivory's mind, but as soon as she formed them they seemed to slip away again. Jarrod always stood by just in case they needed something additional for the meal.

16.png

Ivory began coughing again. Breathing became more difficult as the seconds passed.
    "Really, Ivory. Must you always drag things out." Lucille said, twirling her fork in her hand. She was rewarded by a satisfactory thump as Ivory slipped from her chair. She enjoyed a few more savory bites of the untainted food before clearing her throat. "I'm sure the stubborn girl is still breathing. Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be long now. Just make sure you dispose of her properly. We don't want anyone tracing this back, now do we?

18.png
  • Options
    What?! A cliff hanger?! You monster! I need to know what happens!
  • Options
    Umm what just happened?! Lucille definitely reminders of the evil queen for sure! I will be waiting patiently for the next chapter. :)
  • Options
    sarahkaytsarahkayt Posts: 1 New Member
    @blakrayvon: Hopefully in a few days I can get an update out for you. ;)

@Linzz: So glad you can be patient. I know I never can when I read stories!!!
  • Options
    Apologies. That is a really old account that I have signed in on my phone for some reason. :D
  • Options
    Chapter 6

The first thing she was aware of was the constant pounding in her head. It was so loud that she curled farther into herself, refusing to feel that constant pain and then lapsing back into blissful silence.

When she woke next, the pounding was still there but not as loud as it had been. She also realized that she could live with the pounding, because the pounding was her heart pumping blood and that meant she was alive.

19.png

Attempting to roll over proved to be a mistake. Her stomach revolted but before it was able to empty its contents, the sharp pain returned and rendered her into that blissfully pain free silence.

The pounding, when she came to next, had been reduced to the soft rolling sounds of waves on the beach. She groaned and rolled up into a sitting position, only remembering later the revolt her stomach had attempted.

22.png

"Well look who's finally awake. Sleeping beauty...well...sleeping, anyway."
    Ivory groaned and clutched her head until the spinning stopped. "What happened? Where am I?"
    "Oh you know, the usual. Evil stepmom, poisoned food, naïve idiot. Like in one of those idiotic books my sister reads when she thinks no one is watching." Shaking his head in disgust, he poked angrily at the fire.

42.png

"Oh God, you're Billie's idiot brother aren't you?" She managed to sit up completely with out passing out and praised herself this small success.
    "Nah, I'm the cunning one. The idiot fell into the well back in the old county."
    "My head feels like it's about to split at the seam and you're making jokes. Can't you just answer my question?"

"I did answer your question. You asked if I was the idiot brother."
    Ivory shot him the ugliest look she could manage. "Why am I here, Khari?"

72.png

"Ah, that question." He grinned as she gave him another evil look. "Look, you're here because your stepmom is a creep who tried to kill you off so your siblings didn't have to share the family money with you. Lucky for you, my sister grew up poor and untrusting and she has a brother with connections. Otherwise..." He shrugged. "She thinks you're dead, everyone else thinks you're a runaway. Only three people know the truth and it better stay that way."

32.png

"I'm surprised you care so much."
    "Don't flatter yourself. If it was my choice I would have let the crazy broad kill you. Now," he scoffed with annoyance, "I'm a fly caught in her web."

52.png

Feeling a little guilty, she kept silent and picked at the pebbles around her feet. "So...you said three people know?
    "People pity you, and you better be grateful they do too. Your butler, he's your stepmoms lackey. Did her dirty work, kept tabs on people, made that dish that poisoned you too." Seeing her shocked face he laughed, "What you thought he was your friend? Well, he's not. But luckily for you he did pity you, so he gave me the antidote to the poison once we came to an understanding. And then there's my bubble head sister." He eyed her critically, "Still don't see what she saw in you...but I'll be plumed if she cries over you again."

62.png

She ignored his comment and sunk further into her self pity. "So what am I suppose to do now?"
    "Don't know, don't care. So long as you stay dead and missing, do whatever you want. Now I'm outta here." He started to get up to leave, but her quiet voice startled him into a squatting position.
    "Thank you. I don't know how you got me here or even why you really bothered...but thank you."

He stared into the flames for a long while, thoughts darting through his head faster than he could shake them. He hadn't really thought of why he agreed to save her, he didn't really think much at all now that he thought about it. Mostly it was all action, and hoping everything played out better for him than the other guy. But he was not about to admit that to her and he definitely was not about to tell her about the process of getting her here. When he finally left, images he couldn't get rid of danced in his mind.

82.png
    91.png

"Is it done?" Lucille asked sweetly, picking at the last of her food. She had brought her daughters to the spice festival to get their minds off of Ivory running away -and to make sure everyone else was thinking of it. In reality, she came to confirm that the girl was dead. And what better way than publically so no one could accuse her of consorting. The boy was simply giving his condolences, after all, since his sister was the missing girls best friend.

101.png

"You really think I would show my face if it wasn't?" He shrugged and patted Lucille's shoulder for extra effect.
    "I think you're young and naïve enough to do something exactly like that. However, knowing the ramifications...I'm more inclined to believe that you speak the truth."

"Yeah well, you remember our deal. I do this and you leave my family alone."
    She laughed and gave a flick oh her hand before turning back to her plate. "Yes, yes. That beast you call a father can keep his job and I'll forget all about those little items that have gone missing over the years."

112.png

"Just remember," She said quietly as he rose to leave, "Betray me, and you'll wish you had never been born."
  • Options
    Chapter 7

Doing the best should could not to panic, Ivory kept herself busy. Khari left no blankets or food, no supplies to help her in any way, so she racked her brain for survival skills she knew nothing of.

110.png

The day Khari left, she struggled to keep the fire going, fearing that if it went out she would never get it going again. With no axe to split wood, not that she could physically accomplish that even if she had one, she was forced to feed the fire sticks and the few branches she could pull off the trees. Through trial and error she figured out quickly which ones would smoke, which ones gave off heat, and which ones tried to kill its new host.

23.png

Food was another problem she didn't even consider for the first 24 hours. When she awoke on the second day, her stomach rumbled in protest of its abuse. She had spent most of the previous day vomiting any lingering poison in her system, a few times from grabbing something slimy or squirmy, so her stomach was virtually empty. She considered her options.
    "There's bugs...plenty of bugs. I'd probably throw them back up before they even made it to my stomach." She pushed around some grass growing in the area she was in. "There's this, a mushroom I think and some berries. Oh God, I don't even know if they're poisonous." She glanced longingly at the pond that had once been a pool. "Thanks to Khari and his friends there's plenty of fish now, but no way of catching it...not that I know how to clean and cook it!" She groaned and clutched her stomach, which began cramping violently to remind her of its growing need.

33.png

She stumbled forward, figure tips were beginning to go numb creeping with surprising speed up her arms. Her was heart racing so fast she was sure it would burst. Her breathing was becoming labored, harder to get air into her lungs as her throat constricted.
    I'm going to die out here. She sniffled and tried desperately to suck air into her starving lungs. Die. Alone.

Something brushed on her face. She fumbled and grabbed at it, trying to latch onto anything that would keep her grounded. She sat clutching this thin hold on life for what felt like hours. When she finally pulled herself out of the fog, she released her grip and flexed her fingers. Her breath was still ragged and her head felt like it would split open at any second, but as she gulped in air she glanced at what had been her lifeline.

54.png

A vine? She thought as the wind blew it gently in her direction. Only the one...how did it get there?
    Possibilities bloomed in her mind as she stood to get a better look. Moving a few steps back she followed it up into the trees higher branches. It was caught on what looked to be a weak branch so without thinking she pulled. A shower of leaves and dirt and twigs followed her action, but in the end she got her vine off the tree. She grinned, daring to hope her idea would work. She scanned the ground quickly, looking for a sturdy looking limb that didn't have many extra smaller branches. She found one not far away and began stripping what she could off it before tying the vine to one end.
    Alright...now bait. They attach...worms...to hooks. Oh God...

43.png

Taking a deep breath, she grabbed a smaller twig from her pile of fire fuel and began rubbing it violently on a stone until she had a nice sharp point, then tied it to the opposite end of the vine. Finding a worm took longer than she expected. By the time she located one and stabbed it in place (her stomach only revolting once), the sun was beginning to sink. She hurried to the pond, tossed the baited line in...and waited.

73.png

She was beginning to doze in her seated position when the first tug began. She jolted to her feet and pulled, fearing she may have lost it already. But the fish proved to stubborn to give up its prize and she hauled it onto dry land soon after the first nibble.

63.png

Rejoicing over her prize she grinned, her hands defiantly on her hips and stared down at the fish that was now fluttering around helplessly. Her smiled vanished when she realized she would not only have to kill the fish, but clean and gut it as well. She swallowed the bile that tried to force its way out. In the end hunger won out. She would figure out how to eat this thing...somehow.

Ivory sat dozing next to the fire in the moonlight, to uncomfortable from the poison ivy to enjoy the tranquility of it but to worn out to really notice how uncomfortable she was. It had taken her most of the night to devise a way to eat the first fish she caught, but by the third she was pretty good at it. As sleep finally took hold of her body, she resolved to find a vine that wouldn't make her itchy tomorrow.

83.png

Hey eyes snapped open, heart racing. Instinct told her she had definitely heard something even if all she heard now were crickets and the waters soft lapping at the stone sides.

Her head snapped to the right as a twig broke off in the distance. Stumbling to the nearest bush she pushed her way in just as the first of the strangers entered the area. Silently, she cursed herself for letting the fire go out. Sure she would have been spotted, but now there was almost no chance of her getting it started again.
    92.png
  • Options

Sorry about the short chapter, I promise the next will be longer. Also, there are some *ahem* mature things in this chapter so I'll post the link for those who don't want to see mature things (it's not to bad I promise ;) ). Anyone who wants a summary of the chapter I can post one here.
  • Options
    Sorry about the wait, I really need to work on my posting time.