September 20 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.

What Storylines Are You Playing?

Comments

  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 431 Member
    I've been playing the city of SimMeapolis. It's a custom world I found on My Sim Realty. It was an empty world, but I filled it up with Sims. I don't really have a main family yet. I like them all!

  • LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    I have a story, 4 generations in! Most of the family lives in the city, but my most recent generation lives in a mansion.. So yeah, that's it xD
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 47,366 Member
    I sent my sim, Jensen, to uni for a week to meet as many sims as possible so that I could send him home to produce babies with them :p
    So far Jensen has had 18 kids, 9 male and 9 female, the eldest of whom is several days over the lifespan of elders in my save. I am playing this save to gratify my need to play large sim families and to test the genetics of the university world sims.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,875 Member
    I've got several games in limbo. The latest one of those that I plan to return to is my female singer and her male genie acrobat fiance who live in Starlight Shores and are suspended on their trip to China.

    Since then I have been exploring different CC worlds. I tried Rflong7's small Isolation Island. I had fun making some rabbit hole lots using the rugs. I will play in this world again especially if it is one of those "marooned on a tropical island" challenges. It would also be great to vacation on. Currently I am exploring Salmon Woods by mysimrealty and am altering many of the lots there. I am thinking of playing an entertainer sim there, maybe a singer, acrobat or exotic dancer.
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    I sent my sim, Jensen, to uni for a week to meet as many sims as possible so that I could send him home to produce babies with them :p
    So far Jensen has had 18 kids, 9 male and 9 female, the eldest of whom is several days over the lifespan of elders in my save. I am playing this save to gratify my need to play large sim families and to test the genetics of the university world sims.

    Nice! You know you can just use "Play with Genetics" too xD
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    I'm on generation two and 2/3 of the kids are at university right now. One of them is my heir (Cassidy) and the other is her younger brother Cassian. The heir's boyfriend is also at college with them. I'm really excited for when they all get to leave university finally! It's currently Wednesday and they leave on Saturday. I have many plans for them when they return home. Cassidy's going into journalism and will also horseback ride (it's her LTW) in her free time. The husband will be a chef and also a nectar maker. They live in Riverview and they're going to live on a farm and have three boys who I've already picked out names for! The oldest will be named Bradley, middle boy will be Stephen, youngest boy will be Elijah. No clue about their interests yet, really. I know one of them will be going into the military but that's it.
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    I'm on generation two and 2/3 of the kids are at university right now. One of them is my heir (Cassidy) and the other is her younger brother Cassian. The heir's boyfriend is also at college with them. I'm really excited for when they all get to leave university finally! It's currently Wednesday and they leave on Saturday. I have many plans for them when they return home. Cassidy's going into journalism and will also horseback ride (it's her LTW) in her free time. The husband will be a chef and also a nectar maker. They live in Riverview and they're going to live on a farm and have three boys who I've already picked out names for! The oldest will be named Bradley, middle boy will be Stephen, youngest boy will be Elijah. No clue about their interests yet, really. I know one of them will be going into the military but that's it.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 673 Member
    Decided to build aurora skies from "scratch" so I would have a world with every expansion that I have. Not done yet, but my sim that I plan on using is named Rani. She's from Al Simhara, but fled from an aranged marriage using all of her savings. So now she's got no friends, no college fund, and a small little dingy apartment in the bad part of town. Gunna have her fight her way up the journalism career path, and see what happens!
    My Blog More to come in the future
    My Wishlist :)
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Decided to build aurora skies from "scratch" so I would have a world with every expansion that I have. Not done yet, but my sim that I plan on using is named Rani. She's from Al Simhara, but fled from an aranged marriage using all of her savings. So now she's got no friends, no college fund, and a small little dingy apartment in the bad part of town. Gunna have her fight her way up the journalism career path, and see what happens!

    Hey we're both playing with journalists right now! How do you write articles? Do you rummage through neighbors' trash or do you talk to the people?
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 673 Member
    Parka12 wrote: »
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Decided to build aurora skies from "scratch" so I would have a world with every expansion that I have. Not done yet, but my sim that I plan on using is named Rani. She's from Al Simhara, but fled from an aranged marriage using all of her savings. So now she's got no friends, no college fund, and a small little dingy apartment in the bad part of town. Gunna have her fight her way up the journalism career path, and see what happens!

    Hey we're both playing with journalists right now! How do you write articles? Do you rummage through neighbors' trash or do you talk to the people?

    Depends on the article I want to write lol. If it's positive, I just interview them. If I want it negative I rummage through the trash. How do you do them?
    My Blog More to come in the future
    My Wishlist :)
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Parka12 wrote: »
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Decided to build aurora skies from "scratch" so I would have a world with every expansion that I have. Not done yet, but my sim that I plan on using is named Rani. She's from Al Simhara, but fled from an aranged marriage using all of her savings. So now she's got no friends, no college fund, and a small little dingy apartment in the bad part of town. Gunna have her fight her way up the journalism career path, and see what happens!

    Hey we're both playing with journalists right now! How do you write articles? Do you rummage through neighbors' trash or do you talk to the people?

    Depends on the article I want to write lol. If it's positive, I just interview them. If I want it negative I rummage through the trash. How do you do them?

    I hate when my sims have enemies so I've been trying to just interview the people now. It makes me feel so bad when they write a negative review about someone, but my sim's work is suffering for it! Ah, I might just cheat and have them write a negative review and then drag up their friendship so they don't hate each other.
  • ButtersimsButtersims Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2017
    I just started off with Alexandria Salisbury (totally random name!) in Riverview - I used the random legacy guidelines and rolled for single with room mate, two children, profession only. Her story is that she can't get married or work until she's an elder, but she has Trigger Broke as a room mate. Trigger came into the household by accident because I wanted Alex to be a single mom but I figured it wouldn't hurt to have Trigger around - plus he's very hot all grown up and slightly redone - he actually aged up at a huge party she was having, after his dad drowned and I felt bad for him, tbh. We'll see where they go :)
    Post edited by Buttersims on
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    Buttersims wrote: »
    I just started off with Alexandria Salisbury (totally random name!) in Riverview - I used the random legacy guidelines and rolled for single with room mate, two children, profession only. Her story is that she can't get married or work until she's an elder, but she has Trigger Broke as a room mate. Trigger came into the household by accident because I wanted Alex to be a single mom but I figured it wouldn't hurt to have Trigger around - plus he's very hot all grown up and slightly redone - he actually aged up at a huge party she was having, after his dad drowned and I felt bad for him, tbh. We'll see where they go :)

    Yay another Riverview player! I love that neighborhood, it's so cozy.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 10,833 Member
    Parka12 wrote: »
    Yay another Riverview player! I love that neighborhood, it's so cozy.
    Riverview is a big favourite of mine.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,766 Member
    edited February 2017
    Your games sound really fun.

    Unfortunately my cousin has lost my Seasons disk so I have to wait to find it by looking myself or ordering a new one. So I can't play yet. :angry:
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,766 Member
    Wow, I just found a Seasons disk (second hand) on eBay for £9.50. It's at least £18 everywhere else so I went ahead and ordered one. Hopefully I can get back to TS3 soon!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 10,833 Member
    Yay @Simanite - d'you know, after playing ts4 it still always surprises me in ts3 when it starts to rain! I was playing a new game today, so it was Summer, but a couple of days in it started raining and I was, like, oh yeah! We have weather in this version! Lol.

    Well, I started my new storyline in Appaloosa Plains today. A couple with their teenage daughter who is mad on horses and country and western music. They are very poor and only have a bed in each of the bedrooms, no other furniture upstairs. The parents got a job and were able to afford a dresser and a guitar for the daughter. They can't afford a horse yet, so she goes to the library to read up on learning to ride.

    When she ages up, she is going to be a country and western singer. She will sing and play guitar on stage.

    I don't play the Showtime careers very often so it will make a nice change. It was @GITTE2001 talking about the magician horserider that made me think of it :)
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,766 Member
    I know, weather is so fantastic. I couldn't play without it in 2 or 3 now. It's such a rush when it rains or snows!

    Your game sounds fantastic. I love Appaloosa Plains but never got around to playing a proper game in it. Maybe I will this time. :smile: I do love horses and the singer career. There are so many choices in 3!
  • Parka12Parka12 Posts: 239 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I know, weather is so fantastic. I couldn't play without it in 2 or 3 now. It's such a rush when it rains or snows!

    Your game sounds fantastic. I love Appaloosa Plains but never got around to playing a proper game in it. Maybe I will this time. :smile: I do love horses and the singer career. There are so many choices in 3!

    Ahhh I hate when it rains! That means my sims have to stay indoors because I'm not letting them stay soaked for 2 hours xD. Plus I'm too lazy to buy them umbrellas. So I turned off the ability for my town to have rain. Maybe I should turn that back on xD
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,333 Member
    edited February 2017
    I sometimes disable rain because at times I have a feeling the creators are trying to imitate the Netherlands/Ireland/Scotland. A bit too much :p But I'll always enable it again at one point because I also like the reality of rainy weather. I do buy my sims umbrellas ;) (and make sure they are skilled enough to make them unbreakable)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
  • MMitchell93MMitchell93 Posts: 108 Member
    I've got two games going right now. I'm playing both games in Storybrook County, my favorite custom world.

    1. My "normal" family is Jason and Clarissa Davitt. They got married very young and then went to University together. They are both adults now (and with the way I set lifespans, I can know what their "ages" actually are). Jason is 35 years old and Clarissa is 33 years old. Jason is in the education career and just reached level 9 (Principal). Clarissa is in the medical career and is level 10 (World Renowned Surgeon). They just had their first baby, a son named Reid. I don't know if they'll have another child or not. If they do, it will probably be when Reid is older, and I might have them adopt. They live in a posh two bedroom, two bathroom apartment with two very large outdoor spaces.

    2. My "crazy" family is a fictional recreation of the real life Duggar family. I'm having too much fun with the Walker family. XD Haha John and Abigail Walker are young adults with only a year til they're adults (they're both 29). They got married when they were 18 and they already have ten children! Maggie is a "homemaker" (I have all NRAAS mods) and John is a religious self-help author. They are pretty poor and live in a tiny two bedroom, one bathroom house right now (though, they are working on expanding the commune to include another bedroom and bathroom. One bedroom for the boys and one for the girls).

    Their children are: Claudia (child- 10), Hannah (child- 9), Matthew (child- 8), Delilah (child- 6), James and Noah (twin children- 5), Lydia (toddler- 4), Benjamin (toddler- 3), Sarah (baby- 2), and Phoebe (newborn baby- 0). All of their children are home schooled so they don't get corrupted by the liberal agenda of public schools! XD So John has to go to the library to write so he doesn't have to worry about helping his 24/7 stir-crazy wife with any actual child rearing! John and Abigail frequently "fellowship" together so that they can have as many blessings as the good lord sees fit!

    I've also downloaded some custom content clothes so that all of the girls can wear "modest" clothing so as not to defraud any men. XD XD Hahaha
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,840 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I sometimes disable rain because at times I have a feeling the creators are trying to imitate the Netherlands/Ireland/Scotland. A bit too much :p But I'll always enable it again at one point because I also like the reality of rainy weather. I do buy my sims umbrellas ;) (and make sure they are skilled enough to make them unbreakable)
    I tend to turn rain off because I am sure I get enough living in Scotland...plus when I leave it on the sound makes me sleepy, being Scottish I grew to love the sound of rain to fall asleep to at an early age.

    I am currently playing Sunset Valley's self proclaimed paranormal expert: Phil Short, Phil has a temper (mean spirited), he is also insane and eccentric and pretty much prefers the dead to the living. Having reached level 10 in the ghost hunter career Phil feels he has built up enough of a connection with the spirit world to join his dream career; a fortune teller but whether he will go down the path of mystic or scam artist remains to be seen.

    When not busting ghosts Phil enjoys alchemy and is heavily invested in bringing Supernaturals back to Sunset Valley after they were cruelly vanquished by the Landgraabs, a misfit by nature he can relate to the outcast supernaturals. He also has a very on/off /on again relationship with Ayesha Ansari but Sunny Bakshi and Judy Bunch have both been hitting him up lately. Phil is in the process of restoring the old worship house and converting it to a home (if I ever finish it lol).

    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 10,833 Member
    That sounds like an awesome game @dothesmustle ! I can immediately picture Phil as a scam artist... o:)
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,840 Member
    That's probably what will happen but none of my mischievous erm I mean Phil's mischievous schemes ever work out lol x
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top