Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do the Sixam Mosquito Trap have any purpose?

I see it catching flies, and the description says it is related to the cowplant, and once in a while it does produce a seed. Besides those things is there anything else about the Sixam Mosquito Trap?

Comments

• Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    I believe its required to make the vampire potions ect and the cure to vampirism.. ive also heard a rumor that it reduces the need to spray for bugs in your garden as much (since it eats them) but im not 100% sure on that.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I believe its required to make the vampire potions ect and the cure to vampirism.. ive also heard a rumor that it reduces the need to spray for bugs in your garden as much (since it eats them) but im not 100% sure on that.

It's not required to make the cure, the cure potion only requires garlic, plasma fruit, and wolfsbane. I can't recall offhand if the mosquito trap seeds are used in any of the other vampire drinks or not, I'll have to check later. So far, I haven't found a purpose for the mosquito plant, but maybe it does indeed reduce the need to spray the garden. Will have to keep an eye on it since my Sim has like 3 of those planted in his garden right now.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • LokanyaLokanya Posts: 166 Member
    I find it weird when I need to spray it for bugs....
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I was curious if it had a purpose, too. It doesn't even look to be a part of any collections.
  • simloversimlover Posts: 106 Member
    My hope is that when they bring witches in, that the seed will be used for some of their potions
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    simlover wrote: »
    My hope is that when they bring witches in, that the seed will be used for some of their potions

Probably not since that would mean people would have to buy the vampire pack to get the mosquito plant.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    simlover wrote: »

Probably not since that would mean people would have to buy the vampire pack to get the mosquito plant.

Not necessarily, because in Sims 3, they had released vampires in Late Night, and then again in Supernatural. This way if a player wanted vampires, they didn't have to buy both just to get them. The same thing can be done with this plant, EA could release it in another pack, thus avoiding the problem for players who don't want to get the vampire pack.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think it's just supposed to be a mini cowplant kind of thing.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    It's for decoration. :grimace:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    This reminds me that I need to make the ultimate slob with a yard of trashplants
    IRJsECv.png
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    And what about its seed? Does it do anything or is needed for anything?
    I harvested one recently and got 1 seed. I didn't sell it yet in case its useful...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think it's just supposed to be creepy décor.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    I've had one in my Sims' garden for weeks now, and she's never had to spray for bugs. The buzzing sound is kind of annoying, but it's fun to watch.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    I think the plant is cool my goal is to evolve mine all the way I love the things :)
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Lokanya wrote: »
    I find it weird when I need to spray it for bugs....

I miss the good old days when we had raid. Sigh. Insects nightmare but a human's best friend.....#EABRINGRAIDTOTHESIMS4
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    It's for decoration. :grimace:

Yes that's what I think too. I really love it though. It's still a venus flytrap but Maxis gave it another name and said it was a cousin of the flytrap. Incidently I think I'm going to put some on Sixam.
  • ElkElk Posts: 14 New Member
    HOW TO GROW A SIXAM MOSQUITO PLANT INDOORS AND APARTMENTS!!!!!
    (Cheats Required, SORRY IT STILL CANNOT BE PLACED IN A PLANTER)

So, to make a super long story short, I wanted a Sixam Flytrap for my Runaway teen gang LP, where my teen botanist and drug cultivator harvests a cursed Flytrap from the Count Vlad and meets the ghost of a plant sim spellbound to the Sixam plant. (Cursed treestump from the Plantsim challenge gave me the idea).
    The ghost and the girl start a relationship (note my teen is insane and talks to plants constantly, so her other roomies just think she's completely lost it since they can't see the ghost but she can) and she tries to find ways to resurrect him.

After reading all of the posts about not being allowed Flytraps in planters or inside, I figured out a functioning work around the restrictions. It's lengthy, but do able. (Pictures provided as an aid. VAMPIRE GAME PACK REQUIRED)

STEP 1:
    Go to Forgotten Hollow (the venue doesn't matter, but a residential make it easier to replenish needs if you don't want to keep cheating them up) and turn on <testingcheats on>

Once there, go to the little park area and search for this particular flytrap. There is one at the top of the hill, near Vlad's estate but the rate in which it drops seeds is relatively slower for some reason. The one at the park dropped a seed, around 7 sim days of me being there where the one at the top of the hill took 15. I have no idea why, it may not drop at all.

STEP 2:
    Collect the seed and leave Forgotten Hollow and go to a lot near your apartment, and make sure the natural ground is exposed. If your taking the seed to a house, YOU DO NOT NEED TO FOLLOW STEP TWO AT ALL. For people in houses drop down to STEP 3 to continue. Apartment people, once you have the natural ground exposed on the non residential lot adjacent or near your apartment, plant the seed into the ground. Picking a non residential lot helped Steps 2-3 go much faster, and didn't mess with the neighbors and allowed me to take the plant without issue. (Issue 1: a vampire broke in a residential I tried it on and I couldn't cheat the plant home with me, Issue 2: the game thought I was stealing and wouldn't allow me to harvest from the plant or interact with it, Issue 3: The plant glitched out and grew twice it's size and didn't work once I got it home.)

STEP 3:
    FOR APARTMENT PEOPLE
    (FOR Apartment people: Once the seed is planted on the non residential lot, walk somewhere off the lot (YOU HAVE TO BE OFF THE LOT FOR THIS TO WORK, BUT DO NOT LEAVE THE LOT).

Once physically off lot (make sure you haven't left and gone through a loading screen), shift-click the dirt mound and click on the option that says 'set as head'.
    Now, if you'd like, walk off lot and pick a place where it won't look weird with a little plant growing out of the ground, because here's how it works.

(APARTMENT PEOPLE ONLY: Once you shift-click the dirt mound on your head, it's worn as a hat. It cannot be worn through to other places because once you leave the loading screen, the item will either be slammed to the ground outside of the lot you traveled to, stuck forever, or be removed and vanish completely. This mound is the first of two mounds, and this way only applies if your taking this plant back to the apartment buildings. Once physically back on the lot of the apartment, the dirt mound and most other items you transport this way can be moved around freely in Buildmode. Now that you know, ask me about specific item placement and I'll test out how to get it, since almost anything can be worn as a hat in the Sims 4, excluding Sims themselves.)

Once the dirt mound is made a hat, you either walk to the place you want the first mound to go, or be standing there already and shift click it onto your head. Once at the location, simply shift-click your sim again and select the 'reset' button, and the dirt mound will slam to the floor, directly underneath you. After that you can go home.

Once your home, make sure testingcheats is still enabled. Head inside your apartment, go to the place you wish to place the plant, then find the dirt mound you just slammed to the ground (THIS IS THE ONE OFF THE LOT YOU JUST CAME FROM).

Shift-click on the dirt mound and click the option that says 'set as head' again. Next just reset the sim that's inside the apartment (DO NOT DO THIS IS THE LOBBY, THERE IS NO WAY TO CLICK AND DRAG THE PLANT INSIDE THE APARTMENT FROM THE LOBBY AND YOU HAVE TO REDO THE BEGINNING OF THIS STEP AGAIN). Once the dirt mound is slammed to the ground again just go into BUY AND BUILD mode and re-position the plant wherever you'd like once you enable bb.moveobjects on.

NOTE: Unfortunately, you cannot use this method to place the plant into a planter of any sort, but you will be able to use this if you'd like to have a greenhouse/sunroom for your Vampires without the risk of sizzling sunburn. Also, if you don't want to keep the plant, you can always sell it. You cannot clone it, however, if you just shift-clicking getting more and more from either the area you dumped the first mound or the one inside you can essentially make a indoor farm of flytraps, and other stuff. That's it, now onto the HOUSE PEOPLE)

STEP 3
    FOR HOUSE PEOPLE:
    Once the seed is planted on the section outside of the house you would like it to be on, walk to the area in the house you would like to have the plant and shift-click the the dirt mound outside, and select the button that says 'set it as head'. Once you your in the location you'd like, shift-click on your sim and select the button that says 'reset'. The dirt mound will slam to the ground, but don't worry, you can re-position it in BUY AND BUILD mode once you enable bb.moveobjects on.

That's it for the house people, yous guys have it much easier, so yea that's it.

That's all you gotta do, I hope this was informative and easy to understand. Again, you can essentially do this with any object in game, however here is a WARNING AND CAUTION:
    This method took an already active lot item and transferred it into a hat a normal size, I have used things like the Swan Lake Boats in Willow Creek to plates to wear as a hat, in order to transport it for scenery and backdrop. Sometimes things size up, like really big, other times they size down. The boat sized up by 3 times and the plat sized down by 1. A fireplace sized down by 1, and a bench sized up by 20! I\have no idea why, sometimes it works fine, and other times it just doesn't. So just a word of caution to you all.

P.S- I have pictures of everything, but don't know how to upload on here so, the link will show you the pics of stuff.

1: https://68.media.tumblr.com/b378fec8982cca7896ac50f897847396/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo1_1280.png

2:https://68.media.tumblr.com/d7420fe44b21edc5b592bb5ad5c8e428/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo2_1280.png

3:https://68.media.tumblr.com/36889d665d90218efbdcb65a70ff4495/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo3_1280.png

4:https://68.media.tumblr.com/a91a201d83ea406fc16ee815e8719ebc/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo4_1280.png

5:https://68.media.tumblr.com/e1c348697f965603bfedd168da8d3de8/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo5_1280.png

6:https://68.media.tumblr.com/6d17d02a528734bfbc826d506d810551/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo6_1280.png

7:https://68.media.tumblr.com/26f632c10b25191e7958db5a6636f4a0/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo7_1280.png

8:https://68.media.tumblr.com/ec3d2506a7c6270ba8de6551a1f6ba1b/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo8_1280.png

9:https://68.media.tumblr.com/17bd01fe0d72688ee1da3af80880e6de/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo9_1280.png

10:https://68.media.tumblr.com/392b3b3605bc4c0adbb2869aa941bada/tumblr_oog5m7X2TU1w4y0lmo10_1280.png

11:https://68.media.tumblr.com/cd8e6ed53a21d2a9e39f173e40a58e4b/tumblr_inline_oog5kx6jlD1ucvzgo_540.png

12:https://68.media.tumblr.com/803aa97d9db2bea6da288dfeec1452e4/tumblr_inline_oog5kmCZtz1ucvzgo_540.png

13:https://68.media.tumblr.com/af1b2325af5d40ab3267ce937d3ca7b9/tumblr_inline_oog5kwjidU1ucvzgo_540.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Other than looking cool in a garden, no. It's just a neat plant to have in the game. On top of it looking cool to me, I like hearing the crunching sound that the plant makes when devours a mosquito.
  • Suffice123Suffice123 Posts: 214 Member
    edited May 2017
    It does have a purpose. It is used in the Reconfiguration Potion. I think it might be used in a another potion as well having to do with vampires.

Guess I'm mistaken. Doesn't need to be used in it. I could of sworn I read that but its plasma fruit with the garlic and wolfsbane not the plant.
    Post edited by Suffice123 on

Origin ID: cherrylush
    srLMvZf.gif

• Kirt0013Kirt0013 Posts: 1 New Member
    you can use it as fishing bait
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Love these plants! They're so cute! I like to plant a bunch and watch them chomp flies in unison. XD
  • DeshiriDeshiri Posts: 26 Member
    I was able able to put it in a planter.