Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are the vamps so tired every time they invite my human sims at night?

LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
Hi, started playing the pack with a new human sim households. I also created a neighboring household that is filled with vampires next door.

These two households are becoming friends, and the vamp household keeps inviting my human sims over to their house and cafes, etc. :)

However, I am noticing that the entire vamp household is always tired whenever my human sims accepts their invitation go over to their house. :lol:

The vamp mother even invited my human sim to the restaurant around 4 or 5:00, (which I thought was weird time because I saw one of my vamps start burning at that time, lol).

Am I missing something for my vamp household? Is there a reason why they're always tired? Do they need coffins instead of beds maybe?

The vamp teen usually invites my human sims over to their house around 10-11 at night, but he's always tired (or sometimes thirsty) whenever my human sims do accept his invitation and hang out at the destination. :lol:

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated. :)
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I think the vampires have their days and nights turned around, meaning, when they should be sleeping, they are doing other stuff. But then again, I'm not sure why they should be tired, because their energy bar works differently than a human sim. I just thought of something else, since their energy bar goes down when they are out in the sun, could be another reason.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this will help, but I think the vampires have their days and nights turned around, meaning, when they should be sleeping, they are doing other stuff. But then again, I'm not sure why they should be tired, because their energy bar works differently than a human sim. I just thought of something else, since their energy bar goes down when they are out in the sun, could be another reason.

Hmm... Maybe I got that weird bug where my vamps have human needs, or something, lol?

I'll repair my game, and then see if it starts happening again. :smile:
    (She/her)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe it's because unplayed households take care of themselves but they only do the minimal to keep average, so they are not taking as good care of themselves as you would if you were playing them.
    edited February 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe it's because unplayed households take care of themselves but they only do the minimal to keep average, so they are not taking as good care of themselves as you would if you were playing them.

Oooooh! :smiley: Maybe this is what it is, lol. :smile:

I totally forgot that my vamp household was all filled with so-called "fledging vamps", and I had forgotten I had given all of them the "Good" trait... so maybe they're not feeding because of the good trait, which leads to energy going low and so on, perhaps? I totally forgot that Good vamps may not feed on humans, lol.

This vamp family doesn't have any plasma packs or plasma anything, since I just plopped down them into the neighborhood straight from CAS. Maybe that's it?

I have repaired my game, and I will use a cheat to get rid of the "Good" trait, and then play my vamp family and level them up, so they can get stronger and have better powers and stuff. :smile: (And finally feed on humans if they get thirsty.)
    (She/her)
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    This is happening to me in my vamp households, my vampires seem to be tired a lot all of a sudden and I don't know why.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Have you made sure the neighbor households have coffins, because if they don't NPC's will have low Dark Energy which is vampire version of humans energy pool. Uusually tired and etc sims often tied with them being homeless therefore always have their needs low when they arrive to a plot, which can be very annoying at times especially for get to work or dine out. But since you say you placed them as neightbors it would not be the case here then, so my guess is the coffins if you have not added them to their apartments instead of beds.
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2017
    Have you made sure the neighbor households have coffins, because if they don't NPC's will have low Dark Energy which is vampire version of humans energy pool. Uusually tired and etc sims often tied with them being homeless therefore always have their needs low when they arrive to a plot, which can be very annoying at times especially for get to work or dine out. But since you say you placed them as neightbors it would not be the case here then, so my guess is the coffins if you have not added them to their apartments instead of beds.

vampires should never be tired since they dont need sleep.. they dont need a coffin or a bed since they can refill their energy with meditation... its because of a bug where vampires are getting human needs for some reason and they dont take care of those needs because they dont exist.

on top of that there is no difference between coffin or bed outside of the new hibernate option which puts them to bed forever and pauses their needs until you tell them to stop.

the only time you would need a coffin is if they have that negative trait that makes it so they cannot use beds.. and even then they have meditation so its still not even important.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Sometimes vampires have human needs. It's a bug. Here is a proposed bug fix: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589619
    edited February 2017
    I have repaired my game, used the Full CAS Edit cheat to take off the Good trait and replace it with a different trait, and played with the vamp family for a long while and level their lore a bit, so they can have some plasma packs.

I switched back to the human sim household, and invited the vamp teen to various places with my human teen, and even visited that household, and so far, the vamp family doesn't seem not as tired anymore. Must have been a brief glitch/bug.

I have went back and forth between the households, and it seems okay so far.

Lol, but now I have to laugh as my teen vamp and his vamp mother are constantly inviting the human sims to the restaurants--at 5 pm, when it's still considered daytime, so they would sometimes just stand outside on the pavement getting a bit, er, uncomfortable and starting to light up. :lol:

Luckily, I still have some time to get them inside, or to quickly form a group and have them go inside together asap. :smile:

I'm glad that I can get my vamps inside in time, so my vamps only get somewhat uncomfortable and burn slightly when first arriving at a place.

Haven't seen any vamp townies get entirely burnt...yet. :tongue:
    (She/her)
    Does anyone know if there is a consistent time when the most non-played vamps in FH go to sleep?

I tried calling one of the vamps in my unplayed family, and I got a message saying the vamp was sleeping.
    (She/her)
  • Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a consistent time when the most non-played vamps in FH go to sleep?

I tried calling one of the vamps in my unplayed family, and I got a message saying the vamp was sleeping.

vamps sleep during the day or at least they are supposed to.. their day hours are supposed to be their sleeping hours.. the opposite of normal human sims.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm not sure why they say they are sleeping, when clearly they are not. In one game, my vampire was at a night club, and so was another vampire. After the party my sim went home, and called up the other vampire, for them to say something about they were sleeping. When I sent my sim over to their home, they were not sleeping, but fully awake. I do hope that this is something that EA will deal with in the future, as far as those vampires being fully awake and ready to respond at night. They are suppose to slumber during the day, not night.
    edited February 2017
    My vamps are not sleeping in the day, either.

My love-struck teen vamp was constantly asking his human love interest on a date at a Chez Llama restaurant in Newcrest around 5:00...

...Which is weird, because said vamp tends to start to burn up at that time in most places, so he was always getting a little singed on the sidewalk outside of the restaurant on every one of his date events, lol. :lol:

He is willing to die for TRUE LOVE! :heart:

(Sometimes he feels like total stalker, like a certain sparkly vamp from a certain movie franchise that I will not name. :tongue: )

My vamps are weirdos, I guess. :lol:
    (She/her)