Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you allow your sims to have Unnatural hair/eye/skin colors?

Comments

• CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    With ordinary sims, I usually keep natural colors. Genetic unnatural colors are a way to show that the sim is an occult or has some occult ancestry. But I always try to make hair colors look great with skin colors. So even then, sometimes the sim ends up with plain black hair.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Since you guys play with unnatural hair color, I hope you don't mind me asking. But are they genetic? Or do they just get some random color hair when they are born if the parents have unnatural hair?
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm happy being a more natural/realistic player. I wouldn't say my style is vanilla though. Sometimes I edit my townies for realism as well. I might use hair dye in certain cases but I probably wouldn't try to pass that color on genetically.

I don't mind if other people play with lots of supernatural stuff. I do like the vampires in some ways but they would mess up the game I am playing. I would have to be able to completely keep them out of this one in order to go for it. Anyway, I don't mind what other people do but I tend to make some ... really attractive ... more natural-looking Sims. If it were to fit a certain character, I would make them less natural.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Since the game threats the unnatural hair colors as just dyed; No.
    I hope they change it at some point and add some more different hairs which are inherited. I liked it in ts3 when pink hair was given as a normal genetic trait to the kids.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have one Sim with pink hair and one with blue hair. All the rest either have red, black, or brown hair with a few blondes sprinkled it.
  • I don't use that sort of stuff. It makes sims look gothic and dangerous.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited February 2017
    In my games those hair colours are reserved for more eccentric sims, usually artists or rebellious teens. However, I like the Cany Behr hairstyle, that one can look good on most of my sims :D
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I make it genetic so kids without the natural-haired parent's color get colored hair as a teen. Once I had 2 colored-hair sims have kids and I still haven't figured out what to do.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I sometimes get my sims to have a unnatural hair colour (because as you said, people die their hair) and sometimes an unnatural eye colour but rarely. I personally dont like my sims having an unnatural skin colour because I prefer things to be more realistic :)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Most of my aliens have fun colors but it feels wrong when their children cannot inherit that color as children. It really dampens my mood. It feels wrong to have a child go from brown hair to suddenly have genetically purple hair as his father and mother when he is a teen, so that means that it is only the first generation of aliens that have fun colors and the rest have the usual ones.

Now I have started to keep children who will have purple or fun hair as their natural haircolor bald as children. I miss having hairstyles but it feels more conistent.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    A little bit. I'm less inclined to it since the kids don't inherit the unnatural hair and it irks me to hell and back. I have a few pink, blues, and greens running around, however. Sometimes the half/half colors.
  • PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    I love coloured hair, though it doesn't show in my sims; mostly because a lot of them are characters from various shows and stories. However, my aliens always get coloured hair to go with their skin, and I have a race of platinum blonde and grey-haired young sims on my gallery that I made. I don't like the way the unnatural colours look on some hairs, so I haven't used them much, but after playing with aliens I'm more open to it.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    I only play with supernatural sims (aliens and vamp) I do have unnatural eyes and skin tones on them. However in there disguises they have "normal" hair and eye colors. FYI did you know that two sims with unnatural hair colors child will have a completely random hair color? I love the unexpected >:)
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have a sim with pink hair and another with green hair. I had one with blue hair but she passed. It just seemed to be what they would do it fit with their personality.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• ibaeshaCibaeshaC Posts: 679 Member
    Outside of the family I created/played when TS4 was first released, I generally play standard hair/skin color sims. However, I put many different types of sims in my game that I don't play. I got some fairies of different colors and Shrek/Fiona, and stuff like that. I like fun characters to be the background of my 'normal' sim life. Even my Vampire is very normal looking especially when not in her dark form.
    Gallery: ibaeshaC
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I only ever had one sim and her wife as colourful sims, Katya and Rae. Like, I like the game, but it's missing so much colour. The build objects look kinda bland and beige so I wanted some colour in the game and hair and makeup was the only way to go for me.
    20_24.png
    1a_2.png
    6_114.png
    4_131.png
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    I actually quite like using unique skintone and hair colors in my game. Unfortunately, the preponderance of townie sims randomly generating that same skin or hair color makes it far less unique. :(
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
  • StrawberryHolidayStrawberryHoliday Posts: 34 Member
    In sims 3, my sims were a lot wackier because there was so much more control over hair color. Now it's hard, and many of the hairstyles that have highlights or some such.. just don't work with all outfits. I find it too disconcerting to have a sim with blue highlights in her everyday hair, then just turn blonde when she puts it up to go out :(.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I've never did for any of my sims. I prefer realistic nature to my Sims 4 game, but I probably wouldn't mind to ever try out unnatural hair colors.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    I frequently do because it fits with the lore of my sim world.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    I really like using the hairs that come with highlights, but the clay hair makes the colors too bold and so unnatural that I rarely use them. In the sims 3 my sims would always have fun highlights or have a more dark colored hair. But I just don't like how the fun color hair looks in this game.
    Happy Simming!
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I pretty much only use unnatural features. I have many normal sims in my gallery, but most of my actually played sims are either occults or weird-colored humans.
    jr73Y.gif

• EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    I love playing with unique hair colors for sims. I prefer pink, green, white and lavender. In my mind, the characters I create are not natives of the sim world but usually happen upon the world or have to travel there. Since I have this background for them, it does not make much sense for them to have the same hair colors as those who already live in the Sim Lands. I usually give them skintones and eye colors that are too bold for one or the other. They are not aliens (in the form of a type of creature) but different race of people altogether.
    I do also play normal families with normal skin, hair and eyes. When I want my whimsy and fantasy, I just load those saves with more bold looks.
  • Samagirl478Samagirl478 Posts: 51 Member
    I typically use natural colors. I really only use crazy colors if I feel it works with the sim's personality, usually teens and young adults. Other than that, it's typically natural colors.
  • Samagirl478Samagirl478 Posts: 51 Member
    I typically use natural colors. I really only use crazy colors if I feel it works with the sim's personality, usually teens and young adults. Other than that, it's typically natural colors.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top