Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge House 024 - Rules

VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
GAME SET UP FOR THOSE CONTINUING THE FULL 24 HOUSE CHALLENGE
-Built Lots in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek worlds may be replaced (with the same lot type)
-You are free to evict and/or delete any Sims except The Heir from House 023
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

GAME SET UP FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN PLAYING JUST HOUSE 024
-Evict any Sims who are living on the Affluista Mansion Lot in Oasis Springs world
-Demolish the Affluista Mansion Lot
-Set the Affluista Mansion Lot to Residential
All other worlds and vacation destinations may be built upon or populated however you'd like
*Adding in unique Lot types from other packs is encouraged

MAKING THE DRIFTER
Create one Sim who is a:
-Young Adult
*Using Story Mode for creating The Drifter is not allowed
*If you download a Sim, you will need to make sure that they do not have any Skills or extra Traits gained as this could give unwanted advantages

REQUIRED GAME SETTINGS
Under Gameplay tab in the Game Options menu select the following:
-Autonomy - Full
-Auto Age (Played Sims) - Yes
-Sim Lifespan - Long
As an added level of challenge difficulty, this can be played on a Normal Sim Lifespan

WHERE TO START AND LAST MINUTE PREPARATIONS
-In Game Options set Season length as as well as rain/snow options (Seasons needed)
-In Game Options you may choose to opt out of Fame (Get Famous needed)
-Move The Drifter onto the Affluista Mansion Residential Lot in Oasis Springs
-You may select 1-3 Lot Traits in Build Mode (these can be changed at any time)
-Using the Calendar create/add any Holidays or Events you'd like (Seasons needed)
-Sell or Delete any objects that The Drifter has brought along in their inventory
*If you choose to keep any items, you must deduct the cost of the object(s) from the Active Household Funds before ANY other object(s) are allowed to be purchased
-Drop the Active Household Funds to $0 Simoleons (testingcheats on + Money 0)
-Save your game
-Make a backup save (start of House 024)
*I highly recommend that you make these separate game save files so that if you are unsatisfied with how things turn out or you experience a House Challenge fail, you will have the option to redo House 024 without losing all prior world progress

THE PLAYABLE SIMS THIS HOUSE CHALLENGE ARE:
-All Sims in the Active Household

REQUIRED GOALS OF HOUSE 024
1. Create your dream home or just be creative!

2. Complete the Successful Lineage Aspiration

3. Produce and raise The Heir to the Young Adult life stage
If you've been Drifting since House 001, you've completed The Drifter Challenge!!!
Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back and spread the word...you should be proud!

ALL ABOUT THE HEIR
-The Heir is the firstborn baby made between The Drifter and another Sim who is part of the Active Household at the time the WooHoo For Baby interaction is used

IT IS A HOUSE CHALLENGE FAIL IF:
-Any Required Goal is not completed
-The Heir dies or is otherwise removed from the Active Household

WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN TRAVEL
-There are absolutely no restrictions on any world or vacation destination locations!

ADDING SIMS TO THE ACTIVE HOUSEHOLD
-Sims that join the Active Household MUST be added using the Move In interaction except:
*Adopted Sims
*Created Clones (Get To Work needed)
*Whispering Wishing Well acquired Sims (Romantic Garden Stuff needed)
*Adopted Pets (Cats And Dogs needed)
*Duplicato Spell Created Clones (Realm Of Magic needed)
-If a Sim you are inviting to Move In has other Household Members attached, you may split their Household or Move In any number of them
-Check mark "Sell All Lot Furnishings" if the option is available
-Active Household Funds MUST be reset to the amount it was before the new Sim(s) Moved In

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
-Create or designate other Sims to fill the role of The Drifter or The Heir should either of them die or be removed from the Active Household
-Move any Sims OUT of the Active Household
-Host Club Gatherings on the Active Home Lot (Get Together needed)
-Designate the Active Home Lot as a Club Hangout destination (Get Together needed)

ADDITIONAL INFO
-Age altering and life prolonging items ARE allowed
*As an added level of challenge difficulty, disregard this opportunity
-You may select the Traits of the Sims in the Active Household (upon Age Up)
-At any time you may change the Aspiration of any Sim in the Active Household
-Any playable Sim in the Active Household may purchase and/or manage the following:
*Retail Lot (Get To Work needed)
*Restaurant (Get To Work needed)
*Vet Clinic (Cats And Dogs needed)
-Puppies or kittens born into the Active Household may be kept or sold (Cats and Dogs needed)
-The use of any Mods or Custom Content is at your discretion
rXyqmuX.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• VihishaVihisha Posts: 2,767 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank-u so much 4 being a part of this wonderful journey!! :)

It's been both a pleasure and an honor having u Drift with me! *hugs times a million*

Give yourself a pat on the back..you've completed The Drifter Challenge!
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DRIFTING!!
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    edited September 2019
    SIMMERS WHO HAVE COMPLETED ALL 24 DRIFTER HOUSES (AKA THE WHOLE DRIFTER CHALLENGE)
    - @rsh2183
    - @dougsbaby12
    - @TheAmazingLee
    - @Karise
    Post edited by Vihisha on
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • DebraF63DebraF63 Posts: 230 Member
    Saved, printed and added to my notebook. Thanks @Vihisha
    DebraF63 wrote: »
    Saved, printed and added to my notebook. Thanks @Vihisha
    U betcha! *hugs times a million*
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Yay for a completed challenge! I'm still on House 007. I can't wait to get here. This one is awesome! (yes, I say that about them all) Happy Drifting! Thanks so much Vi! <3
    Rawla wrote: »
    Yay for a completed challenge! I'm still on House 007. I can't wait to get here. This one is awesome! (yes, I say that about them all) Happy Drifting! Thanks so much Vi! <3
    Yep..it's finished!! I'm sooooo pumped about that! U can say they r all awesome...it never gets old hearing that LOL
    rXyqmuX.jpg
    Rules have now been updated with City Living & Vampires packs =)
    rXyqmuX.jpg
  • KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    Oh fiddle! So close but not close enough. House fail for me. Got almost to the end but my teen didn't max out his career before aging up to YA. So we're trying again. :)
    Sooo close. You can do it this time! :)
    @Rawla Thanks
    My teen topped her career and all other goals were complete and I thought ... yay house finished but the aspiration wasn't showing as done so then I read it again and I realised it says the child/grandchild has to top the career - meaning when she's an adult. So we go on. Just hope I can do this whilst her dad's still alive, lol.
    And we have another fail. It would probably have helped if I'd read the aspiration properly so that I could make sure the heir picked a good career to top before her dad died! Next! lol
    Keep trying. You can do it! <3
    @rawla Thanks. Yep, back to the grindstone. Am determined not to fall at the last hurdle, lol.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,499 Member
    @Karise I'm so sorry that this attempt didn't work out but I am sure the next one will. Sending a lot of positive energy your way.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    @Karise, are you still playing or did you finish it?
    @IllusoryThrall I'm on semi sabbatical. :smiley: I'm trying out a couple of other challenges but have this in my rotation so will finish it at some point, lol. I think I got a little burnt out. :smiley:
    lol wrong username @karise :D A break is nice, you deserve it. Good luck with the other challenges! Which ones are you doing?
    @illusie Oops, haha. No doubt I confused illusoryThrall. I'm doing 100 baby; rosebud and a teen one so I've got my hands full! :smile: But I'm not rushing any of them.
    lol :D
    You sure have many challenges going on. The rosebud challenge is new to me. Sounds hard, but fun. Good luck with all of them!
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    @Karise I wasn't too confused, I figured you just linked the wrong one. :wink: And, you sound like me on the challenges. I have four, technically five that I'm working on.. my townie project, master simmer challenge, my ISBI, my drifters, and a settlers challenge I keep picking up occasionally to play - it's just hard to blog that one because each full generation is one post, and that's a LOT of playtime in between posts. Then I let myself read some challenges, and found one I can't seem to stop leaning towards.. so I may very well be adding another challenge to the list. I play them in a round robin for the most part, it helps to keep me excited for the next time I play that family, and keeps me from getting too bored of a single household. It's hard to wait, sometimes, though.. which is why my drifters just got three chapters in a row. :grin: What teen challenge are you doing? .. and a 100 baby?! That's one I've never even thought of attempting. I'm not sure my sanity would survive.. if I have any of that left... hehe.
    @illusie Thanks

@IllusoryThrall I'm playing them round robin too to keep myself interested. I've tried the 100 baby a few times and got so far then something's happened (usually a pc crash) and not got any further so I'm determined to get to the end, lol. The teen one is from boolprop - the 13th birthday; immortal teenager. It's quite fun and has a definite end in sight. I keep thinking about an ISBI as I'll have some experience of NTHs due to the drifters but I'll wait until I've done some of these other challenges first, lol.
    @karise @IllusoryThrall, I don't know how you do it. I have my hands full with your 1 challenge

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top