Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Detective Fix :-(

I really want to play the detective career. I downloaded a little jail from the gallery. So after the person is convicted I can actually put them in my jail. I made a warden and everything. But the detective career is still buggy!! My detective gets clues that don't fit any suspects. And I reported it the sims. When will this bug be fixed? :'(

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited February 2017
    Simming can sometimes be a cold, harsh, environment.

We have all been there and through it.

I often console myself with something from the fridge - a little treat - to stave off the enveloping misery caused by a nasty glitch or bug.

Or, I just pop around to Bella Goth's house.

Tip:
    Put a yoga mat in there and sit back and enjoy - it is like having a fishtank, you can watch for hours.
  • jessienebulousjessienebulous Posts: 108 Member
    Yeah, my current sim got to about level 5 of the detective career before I hit this bug. I issue an APB, go to the location, but nope, no matching suspect. I restarted the career, used cheat promotions to get back to where I was, and the bug happened again, so I gave up. She's still in the career, I just send her to work alone and use promotion cheats when appropriate. Very annoying.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i havent played in the detective career in a long time so thought id have one of my sims join cuz i remember it used to be a lot of fun along with the other 2 careers. it was fun the first few sim days but then i went to do an apb and couldnt find any sims that matched the discription. i checked several times. went back to the station and then back to find the criminal. and i would never find anyone that matched. since i was only on level 2 i quit the job cuz its no fun with bugs like this. it sucks that i cant enjoy gtw like i did 2 years ago when it first came out. it was buggy then too but at least the careers were playable. makes me wonder if the other 2 careers are unplayable too.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I started it too and issued an APB...and found a 100% matching suspect. Except that when I arrested her, she wasn't the culprit. Had to quit the career because it's been 3 days of this.
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    ...and the worst part, I issued an APB 3 times and she was there 3 times ahahahaha!
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I had the same bug in my game too, the clues don't match the actual suspect. Just go to the crime scene and get more evidences then get your sim to deduce new clues.

The Sims Game
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Can't believe this has been broken so long. Its really frustrating. Every single case has every single clue unmatched. Last one said redhead female adult wearing a jacket and slacks and is also a geek... The actual person was a male teen wearing a darth vader costume and is insane and creative... They've all been like this and the only way I can 'fix' it is to use the promotion cheat to get him past it or try arresting every person on the lot because the 'ask about suspect' interaction seems to be bugged too. They all say, "sorry I can't help you" or they don't say anything at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • faith4jesusfaith4jesus Posts: 95 Member
    It is sad it's still buggy. I was looking forward to this and I tried it out not to long again. Still had the same issues.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I never had this bug. But I always filled the five clue slots so I wouldn't be confused.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Felicia_QueensFelicia_Queens Posts: 69 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > I never had this bug. But I always filled the five clue slots so I wouldn't be confused.

Well this is happening to me with six clues, so it's still a bug.
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Yeah even with all of the clues it still turns out to be someone completely different sometimes. Some of the time, they match and sometimes they don't. Seems to be random. Sometimes it's even the police chief themselves which is really annoying to fix. I love this career, it's one of my favorites but I sure wish they'd fix it.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited May 2017
    So, I thought maybe it was some sort of mod or cc I didn't realize I had installed causing the problem and I deleted my entire sims folder from the 'my documents' area of my pc including save files (because I don't really mind starting over. Very few of my sims are beloved to me so those few are on my gallery anyway) anyway, still the issues persist. All 6 clues unlocked/opened all six clues completely wrong and in no way pointing towards the actual suspect. I'm guessing this is one of those bugs (like many we had in TS3) that EA has no intention of ever fixing seeing as its been a thing since like a month after GTW launched live and its still a problem. Makes me so sad because its starting to bleed into Science and Medical now too making all three of my active careers completely unplayable. Its to the point where the doctor one can't assign a bed to a patient. They all just stand around while the action is qued.

Maybe I'm being plum here but if the main attraction of the expansion is unplayable (ie...the title is get to WORK and the careers are borked) EA needs to consider refunding every single simmer who purchased this broken content. I don't want my money back, I want to be able to play the pack, but...
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.