Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

On A Dark Ley Line lot trait.

Has anyone used this trait on a house with all humans? Has any of them has vampire babies? I'm going to try it out and see if my two human sims can have a vampire baby lol.
C0gfE.gif

Comments

• Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    That's not how it works. In order to have a vampire baby one of the parents has to be a vampire.

That lot trait helps a vampire/human couple have more of a chance of their baby coming out as a vampire.
  • Options
    WingardimLeviosaWingardimLeviosa Posts: 204 Member
    My human/human couple has a vampire toddler from the lot trait. Lol.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    I'll post pics of them when I can, but they're vampire toddler twins with human parents. This is awesome.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    "Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side!"

• Options
    ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    If its not a bug, then its pretty awesome I must say o.O
  • Options
    Zafireria wrote: »
    If its not a bug, then its pretty awesome I must say o.O

I didn't think it would work, but I'm glad it did. They're cute too.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    LarLynJLarLynJ Posts: 353 Member
    Well that's awesome. Sounds like a bug.
    How does a human/human couple have a vamp baby!?

@SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm sure you could come up with some lore about how the dark ley lines' energy (not so?)subtly affects/mutates the unborn child and may even be the original cause of vampirism in the world. Of course, that doesn't rule out that it may indeed be a bug too.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I thought the Gurus made a reference to this in the twitch chat, implying that two human Sims could have a Vamp child with this lot trait?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    I really hope it isn't a bug.
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    ValmionValmion Posts: 89 Member
    Dark energy flowing through the child during the whole pregnancy period, I can easily believe that the magic made the vampire, not the parents, they are simply responsible for producing the host of said magic.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    edited February 2017
    LarLynJ wrote: »
    Well that's awesome. Sounds like a bug.
    How does a human/human couple have a vamp baby!?

@SimGuruDrake

The Dark lot trait makes you have a chance to have a vampire baby. It doesn't give you a higher chance to human/vampire couples to have a baby .It gives regular humans the chance to have a baby.(On A Dark Ley Line – The dark energy here has an impact on all nocturnal activities. You can expect babies conceived here to require extra care while teething.) So its not a bug
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    Dun dun duunnnnnnn
    Their parents better be ready to become victims
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    BatmanSimmerBatmanSimmer Posts: 248 Member
    It's not a bug...... why would they have a whole lot trait dedicated to increasing the 50/50 chance of one vampire and one human having a vampire baby.
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    Dun dun duunnnnnnn
    Their parents better be ready to become victims

They have no idea what they've gotten themselves into. >:)
    C0gfE.gif
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Yeah, I don't think it's a bug, the description for the lot trait implies it's meant to work that way. Pretty cool I think.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    It works. My normal sim couple just gave birth to a vampire baby.
    u6QerKt.png
    He's so cute though <3
  • Options
    lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    Great ! I think i'm gonna make a story about parents having a vampire baby because of a curse on the lot ^_^
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member

Here are a few of many toddlers I have that are born on a lot trait dark ley lines so adorable
    vampire_snipet.JPG
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    Simmie_bearSimmie_bear Posts: 3 New Member
    What the
  • Options
    Chizu93Chizu93 Posts: 15 Member
    I was testing this lot trait for the first time myself, didn't have any idea that the trait would give non-vampire parents also a rised chance to have vampire babies. Got triplets, 2/3 babies are vampires.
    For some reason I thought that it would just make the baby/toddler time harder, kids would be more unsatisfied, cry more etc. It was a total shock to get actual vampire babies. :'D
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yup, it totally works. My normal human couple got a vampire child thanks to it. I'd say he was quite confused about it as a child; he had absolutely no clue why his eyes were glowing pink and why his teeth were sharper than usual; maybe he just assumed this was normal but uncommon for a human child. Maybe he didn't think about it at all, it just really concerned the adults around him instead.

Then he grew up into a teenager, and realized he had a massive thirst for blood. Also that the sun suddenly hurts a lot, and mirrors don't work for him anymore... And then he met some more experienced vampires. Suddenly it all clicked for him. He's not a human. He never was.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    I hope this isn't a bug. This could make for some interesting storytelling.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I need to explore it more, it's a awesome lot trait. But the energized buff bothers me, I tried it once and my sim would walk around all excited and pumped during the whole freaking pregnancy because she tried for baby in a dark ley line :s I mean, girl, you're gonna breastfeed this baby and it's gonna have fangs, don't look so excited about it. I need to test if the trait still works if I get rid of the buff with cheats.
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I'm wondering if anyone has tried combining On a Ley Line with On a Dark Ley Line...? I've got that combo on the lot of the new game I just started and I'm very curious to see how it works out. 🤗