Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Outdoorsy Vampire?

So I am musing on doing up a vampire challenge where they have the outdoor enthusiast aspiration, loves outdoors, vegetarian etc. They have to as soon as possible take the max thin skinned weakness and complete their aspiration without dying or feeding on humans or plasma made from humans or animals. They have to grow it themselves. What do ya think, doable? Fun?

Comments

• fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Not really since it takes time for the plasma fruit tree to bear fruit and you have to be pretty high up on lore skill to get seeds or have played in forotten hollow for some time before you'll get your first feeding.

You can do it if plasma packs using frogs or fish or buying from the computer is possible until a period of time, but from the start you'll probably go into the red for thirst feed on a sim before you have a fruit bearing tree. You'll need at least a few to sustain a vampire.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Fruit bearing trees can be found around in Forgotten Hollow however while they wait on theirs to grow.
    edited February 2017
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    Fruit bearing trees can be found around in Forgotten Hollow however while they wait on theirs to grow.

yeah except they don't bear any fruit for a few days on a new save. So you'd have to play a new save for 3-4 sim days without any feeding until they bear fruit if you were playing from a new save or play the new save for those amount of days then start the challenge. Just seems like something you'd have to bake in how to deal with otherwise you'd easily have a vampire going enraged within the first 26-28 hours or so. It takes awhile to get those trees to bear I am not sure why, but my experience in my save was 3-4 days before caleb could rely on them. Before that he had to cope with frogs and asking humans.
    well I suppose if you have dine out then you could just eat out until they start....though. I don't really use dine out so I didn't think about that, but yeah it'd be the other way to work that without feeding on someone. But on a new save trees and plants don't have any "produce" for a few days and you have to actively play the lot (or in this case forgotten hollow) until they begin to produce.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    It actually should be doable, but you're going to be spending your first day reading vampire lore as you'll have to get to level 3 in order to order plasma packs. They're expensive too.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I'll add that I really like the thin skin trait to force vampires to only prowl at night. I think just having that in a challenge will make the game really fun for you.