Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you show me your super DULL sims 3 pics? ;)

Comments

• xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    coco wrote: »
    Well I caught this one of Elvira yesterday. She looks like she's staring right at me plotting my untimely death.. or something like that. No poses, that's just what she looks like waking up from a nap :mrgreen:
    Screenshot-595.jpg

This picture is amazing.

@TreyNutz that picture of Utopian Oasis Landing is beautiful! I completely forgot about that. Reminds me there's still so much in this game I haven't even touched yet.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited February 2017
    @CravenLestat haha, thank you! The 'powder blue' is actually already in her early forties by the way, and was the mother of the blonde groom ;) and her name is Scarlett.
    'Black' is...A sim. I won't say anytying else because it would mean spoilers for @JoAnne65

I already used lightning mods too by the way, but try to keep away from it. It should be another one in every world which would mean I always have to change it with two saves and sims that often travel and knowing me I would forget that. I can fix that easily with S3PE, but nahh. EA's lightning is beautiful already. The only moment I really used it for a while was for story purpose and actually had to be everywhere my sim was.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Palmarrow Your Al Simhara pic is so dull I thought it was a real life postcard. :rage:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Oh, speaking of that (off topic, sorry, but you remind me), I've heard there's a mod that makes sim days last longer? Or rather, it gets dark later? In Sims 3 it gets dark at six and I don't quite understand why. I'd love it if it would get dark around... nine or so? Is there a mod available for that or would that mean having to change the code?

@TreyNutz Wow, that Oasis Landing picture is <3 !

Thanks, everyone for the comments on the OL picture. I've had that in a pictures folder for a while, lol.

@JoAnne65 , I tried a few of BrntWaffles' lighting mods and several had longer days. Sunset was around 9 pm. It affected vampires, that is vampires burnt up outside during those extra hours. Anyways, as stated earlier, it was easy to try them out. They are just package based CC.
    Thanks :) I googled 'brntwaffles' but there are so many that I can't see the wood for the trees... How do you guys decide and know which one to choose...?

Edit: @GaiaHypothesis I wouldn't mind some change (especially if it means for the better ;)). I do value a world's atmosphere to be maintained though. Like, I want my MH to be dark or green or red, not having IP skies ;) I'm not very familiar with how those mods work though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Oh, speaking of that (off topic, sorry, but you remind me), I've heard there's a mod that makes sim days last longer? Or rather, it gets dark later? In Sims 3 it gets dark at six and I don't quite understand why. I'd love it if it would get dark around... nine or so? Is there a mod available for that or would that mean having to change the code?

Thanks, everyone for the comments on the OL picture. I've had that in a pictures folder for a while, lol.

@JoAnne65 , I tried a few of BrntWaffles' lighting mods and several had longer days. Sunset was around 9 pm. It affected vampires, that is vampires burnt up outside during those extra hours. Anyways, as stated earlier, it was easy to try them out. They are just package based CC.
    Thanks :) I googled 'brntwaffles' but there are so many that I can't see the wood for the trees... How do you guys decide and know which one to choose...?

Edit: @GaiaHypothesis I wouldn't mind some change (especially if it means for the better ;)). I do value a world's atmosphere to be maintained though. Like, I want my MH to be dark or green or red, not having IP skies ;) I'm not very familiar with how those mods work though.

I think most of them work on the world without special lighting. If you want to add the lighting to world with special lighting you have to follow a tutorial and so which I can't be bothered to do since I'll probably mess up something lol.

I believe special lighting worlds would me MH, sunlight tides, monte vista and Aurora skies.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've never ventured into putting light mods into any of my worlds yet. I have downloaded a few but I like the light I see in my worlds as it is. Having said that I always liked my vanilla sims and never wanted to put skins on them - until I tried it and got totally addicted to skins and hair. Both of which are things I always assured myself I'd never want to touch.

Anyway - here's a few more pictures I found. I have posted them before somewhere but someone may enjoy seeing them here who hasn't seen them before. They aren't old pictures, I probably got them a little before Christmas when I was playing in Dragon Valley.

I better put them in a spoiler - I got a bit carried away - sorry :#
    The airship and spooky trees are custom content made by lunar.
    Air_Ship019.jpg

AirShip014.jpg

Air_Ship001.jpg

This is my witches village - I'll be making a YouTube video about this place soon.
    Air_Ship028.jpg

They needed a glow fly for an elixir so I put a spawner on their lot that would let them find a glow fly.

I had previously sent them to France but there weren't any to be found in France. I usually catch them in the tomb near the little fishing hole - but there were no insects of any kind in it.

After that failed trip to France I added the spawner and it didn't take long for them to spawn a glow fly for their elixir. The elixir they wanted to make is from a mod and the glow fly is an ingredient to make the elixir to turn a horse into a unicorn.
    Shirley001.jpg

Moon004.jpg

Sunset002.jpg

FishingForSalamander003.jpg

VinceAndStevie001.jpg

PoliceStation001.jpg

Sailing001.jpg

Anne018.jpg

Judy017.jpg

AbandonedMine001.jpg

WitchVillage005.jpg
    Post edited by Karritz on
    edited February 2017
    06Bon06 wrote: »

I think most of them work on the world without special lighting. If you want to add the lighting to world with special lighting you have to follow a tutorial and so which I can't be bothered to do since I'll probably mess up something lol.

I believe special lighting worlds would me MH, sunlight tides, monte vista and Aurora skies.
    Yeah, that's pretty much me :D If there wouldn't be a lighting effect but sunset at nine that would be perfect for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,918 Member

Yeah, that's pretty much me :D If there wouldn't be a lighting effect but sunset at nine that would be perfect for me.

Sunset at 9 pm is something I've never experienced. At the moment the days at my place are as long as they are going to get since it is the middle of Summer and it's dark just before 7 pm. In a few months it will be Winter and dark at around 5 pm. I'm not sure when sunset and sunrise actually happen.
    Karritz wrote: »

Sunset at 9 pm is something I've never experienced. At the moment the days at my place are as long as they are going to get since it is the middle of Summer and it's dark just before 7 pm. In a few months it will be Winter and dark at around 5 pm. I'm not sure when sunset and sunrise actually happen.
    In my country ;) In summertime it's even still light outside at ten.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @JoAnne65 Yeah I'm not sure how it will affect other places. The ones I've always tried have ended up applying to most worlds, but then I generally only play bright worlds. I found MH too dark (at that time). I did use the Alien skies one for a long time and meant to only use it for LL but it ended up going to Aurora Skies too sometimes (because I didn't switch it out).

I just picked whichever and tried them out. No rhyme of reason. Mostly I started because I wanted my Alien world to have bigger brighter skies, and I tried one out in MH because it was too dark.. BUT it ended up sticking for my other worlds.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
    @JoAnne65 Yeah I'm not sure how it will affect other places. The ones I've always tried have ended up applying to most worlds, but then I generally only play bright worlds. I found MH too dark (at that time). I did use the Alien skies one for a long time and meant to only use it for LL but it ended up going to Aurora Skies too sometimes (because I didn't switch it out).

I just picked whichever and tried them out. No rhyme of reason. Mostly I started because I wanted my Alien world to have bigger brighter skies, and I tried one out in MH because it was too dark.. BUT it ended up sticking for my other worlds.
    Yes, that's the good thing about CC you can just throw in there and simply remove it when you don't like it. I'm going to do some research, 'armed' with burned waffles ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member

I downloaded 3 or 4 which seemed interesting. I loaded up a game with standard lighting and picked a spot in the world with a nice view of the sky in the middle of the day, saved, and took a picture. Then I quit, installed one of the lighting mods, loaded up the game, checked out the difference with the lighting mod, took a picture of the same view, exited without saving. Removed the lighting mod, installed the next one, repeated. Then I compared the pictures. For the CC world I was using I stayed with the default lighting (I think the creator had customized lighting for the world). But it was really interesting to see the differences in the various choices. Basically I chose by trial and error.

I downloaded 3 or 4 which seemed interesting. I loaded up a game with standard lighting and picked a spot in the world with a nice view of the sky in the middle of the day, saved, and took a picture. Then I quit, installed one of the lighting mods, loaded up the game, checked out the difference with the lighting mod, took a picture of the same view, exited without saving. Removed the lighting mod, installed the next one, repeated. Then I compared the pictures. For the CC world I was using I stayed with the default lighting (I think the creator had customized lighting for the world). But it was really interesting to see the differences in the various choices. Basically I chose by trial and error.
    Great method, that's what I will do then. Thanks!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Made my sim a coward and well the events that followed were quite amusing.
    Screenshot-208_zpsdfeqirgj.jpg

The police couldn't go in the house because the door was locked? And so my sim continued to faint another 10 times.
    Screenshot-210_zpsld17gw0q.jpg
    Screenshot-211_zpskevijbwg.jpg
    Screenshot-213_zpsxzrlqjav.jpg

He really loves his rat and at some point sneaked him into his back pocket.

Screenshot-219_zpswvnen3nk.jpg
    Screenshot-225_zps4r9nfqfd.jpg

Scenery!!
    Screenshot-223_zpsyfol8ilj.jpg
    Screenshot-216_zpso41hkgik.jpg
    Screenshot-224_zpsqavsiawu.jpg
    Screenshot-203_zpsmra6b5qf.jpg
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @Rflong7 Never seen a simmer take a pic from the food truck workers POV.And of course he is stalking a female sim :#

I like him already :smirk:
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    I finally got Roaring Heights and I decided to have my sims move there, but unfortunately, this didn't really matched with my plan on the next generation being all about pets so I ended up in Aurora Skies, but I forgot to take many pictures.
    fWijoI5.jpg
    Tkgu2dp.jpg
    Two from Roaring Heights
    IwmyTdt.jpg
    teyfo6z.jpg
    And one last Starlight Shores
    D3TcYhX.jpg
  • mattgstlmattgstl Posts: 1,714 Member
    dorcsyful wrote: »
    I finally got Roaring Heights and I decided to have my sims move there, but unfortunately, this didn't really matched with my plan on the next generation being all about pets so I ended up in Aurora Skies, but I forgot to take many pictures.
    fWijoI5.jpg
    Tkgu2dp.jpg
    Two from Roaring Heights
    IwmyTdt.jpg
    teyfo6z.jpg
    And one last Starlight Shores
    D3TcYhX.jpg
    Never got those store worlds, always thought they were a waste of money. These pics make me think otherwise!! Oh well I'm happy with my custom worlds :D
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yay! I've been wanting a place to post pics. The play thread is nice but huge.

I know. I'm over 700 posts behind. Very daunting.

I'm really enjoying this thread (I'm a visual person, often don't read the verbiage. Sorry :) ).

Some fantastic pictures here.

I've been playing in rflong7's Isolation Island and gotten some pictures of the wonderful scenery but haven't uploaded them to photobucket yet (I'm finding it harder and harder to use that site.)

Here are a few older pics from my game in Starlight Shores.

my genie, Ravan
    Screenshot-5sm_zpskc0w3z2h.jpg

At first I wasn't sure what the gnomes were carrying on about, gesturing to the sky.
    Screenshot-54sm_zpstoiqlqd0.jpg

It wasn't until I was going through my pics that I noticed the plane up in the sky.
    Screenshot-71sm_zpsf0qcuctw.jpg

• imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    <3 everyone's pics, sure are fun to look at such dull, boring pics :) Here are a few of my horseback ride to one of the equestrian way stations I made in Dragon Valley ( one of my favorite worlds )
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    A few more from my Animal Sims beach day.

32688096385_a63d7c2eeb_o.jpg

32309128430_4ae8ca3681_o.jpg

Just an example, it was super hard to get the RIGHT time of day so excuse that. But here is when my lighting mod wasn't working.
    32651026076_6421650cf8_o.jpg

And WITH lighting mod.
    31880684843_33b4f6c757_o.jpg

I think the main thing is that the "blue" tint is taken away which seems to me to make the image seem brighter.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited February 2017
    Some pics from my test game in Isolation Island

big house I built on the legacy lot for 4 female sims. One sim is a gardener, one is a fisherman, one is a painter and one is a writer.
    Screenshot-43sm_zpsytfbgnnu.jpg

my gardener sim harvesting produce on the fish spot lot across the street. I added some more produce plants to the lot.
    Screenshot-51sm_zpsl93hsaqn.jpg

my writer sim using the computers in the city hall hut I created
    Screenshot-54sm_zpsjonhodc3.jpg

sunset showing the hot tub hut I added to the simhenge lot
    Screenshot-58sm_zpsfrdhniiz.jpg

sunset from higher up
    Screenshot-59sm_zpsjrqmjjku.jpg

Post edited by cwaddell on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights