Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you show me your super DULL sims 3 pics? ;)

Comments

• KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    Well I decided to download some CC skin, fingers crossed it helps. I m excited x

Let us know how it turns out, or if you need any help! And come back and share pics when you can. :)
    giphy.gif

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    edited February 2017
    Good luck @brackencat31. It took me awhile to get used to some cc, but, I love it now. I still want to find some of those lower lashes I see in some pics.

PS: Thank you moderators.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited February 2017
    Well I decided to download some CC skin, fingers crossed it helps. I m excited x

Let us know how it turns out, or if you need any help! And come back and share pics when you can. :)

Oops! Double post, sorry! :D
    Post edited by KATENESS on
    giphy.gif

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Not her most glamorous look

Screenshot-196_zpszkcyjdhf.jpg
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    edited February 2017
    @TreyNutz , Your first one, Oasis Landing Utopia is beyond beautiful!! Utopia can be annoying but it really is pretty... ;)
    Post edited by Charlottesmom on
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    @TreyNutz , Your fist one, Oasis Landing Utopia is beyond beautiful!! Utopia can be annoying but it really is pretty... ;)

I love the Utopia version too. I get a lot of lag when my sims collect insects, but otherwise it plays pretty well for me. I like the Dystopia version too.
    TreyNutz wrote: »
    @TreyNutz , Your fist one, Oasis Landing Utopia is beyond beautiful!! Utopia can be annoying but it really is pretty... ;)

I love the Utopia version too. I get a lot of lag when my sims collect insects, but otherwise it plays pretty well for me. I like the Dystopia version too.

It looks so happy
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

Gorgeous! Luuuuurve them! I'm sure I've asked before but do you have a lighting mod?

I do and I love it.

PERFECT DAY

I find, especially in the islands that it brightens up the entire outdoors, which IMO is one of the weaknesses of TS3 (the lighting).

It's stunning! <3
    Does it have shadows? I think there was a thread that people were discussing lighting shadows.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 The brntwaffles ones are just .package files. Super easy. If you don't like the outcome you just take it out like any other mod. Its things like Sweet FX that you have to fool around in the Bin files. I could never really get it to work for me though. I feel ya on the messing with files stuff. I always hold my breath when I have to do it (mostly for my graphics card recognition).
    Yes, that sounds like the way I'd want it ;) I have tried a lighting mod like that once by the way, but it only worked in worlds where I don't play so that was pretty useless (and it basically turned everything very green and very blue in the worlds where it did work). I don't think that was brntwaffles though.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Still loving <3 all of the super dull and boring pictures of TS3... :) Can't wait to see more of these pictures in this thread... :smiley:
    I've never seen a mummy. Once I thought there was one and I had a heart attack but there wasn't one.

Love the green horse XD

I have tons of screenshots of all three, it was fun to explore them all, Dystopia with it meteor strikes was interesting but it was depressing after awhile.
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Oasis Landing Utopia. Just the normal dull lighting:

UtopiaOL_zpslhnsvonf.jpg~original

Moon over university. I think the season here is "dull":

UniMoon_zps8ekr5fgj.jpg~original

Mech Gnome always wins!

MechGnomeWins_zpsrnwerzii.jpg~original

Thank goodness EA doesn't make real computers.

EAComputer_zpssb5ftmze.jpg~original

Theyre all awesome, but that first shot is postcard worthy. Great capture!
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    aricarai wrote: »
    =

It's stunning! <3
    Does it have shadows? I think there was a thread that people were discussing lighting shadows.

It uses this ddfender’s dynamic shadows. I personally think it looks better than what I WAS using.... buuuuut I could also just be making that up. I feel like it is better.

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Yes, that sounds like the way I'd want it ;) I have tried a lighting mod like that once by the way, but it only worked in worlds where I don't play so that was pretty useless (and it basically turned everything very green and very blue in the worlds where it did work). I don't think that was brntwaffles though.

Yeah you definitely need to make sure you get the best "water" for whatever you might be playing. My Bridgeport for a long time had tropical water LOL, but I wasn't playing it a ton so it didn't bother me. She does have a few different "flavours" for water colour, keep in mind though this has longer days which might be no good if you do vampire stuff.

There are so many lighting mods out there, and its super easy to just find the one that you like and suits your gameplay. I mostly just like them for being brighter than EA standard, and having more colour at times. It makes taking screens easier because then I have minimal editing.

@Charlottesmom The seagull!!!!! And I love her shocked expression. Mwahahaha hilarious.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017

Yeah you definitely need to make sure you get the best "water" for whatever you might be playing. My Bridgeport for a long time had tropical water LOL, but I wasn't playing it a ton so it didn't bother me. She does have a few different "flavours" for water colour, keep in mind though this has longer days which might be no good if you do vampire stuff.

There are so many lighting mods out there, and its super easy to just find the one that you like and suits your gameplay. I mostly just like them for being brighter than EA standard, and having more colour at times. It makes taking screens easier because then I have minimal editing.
    Oh, speaking of that (off topic, sorry, but you remind me), I've heard there's a mod that makes sim days last longer? Or rather, it gets dark later? In Sims 3 it gets dark at six and I don't quite understand why. I'd love it if it would get dark around... nine or so? Is there a mod available for that or would that mean having to change the code?

@TreyNutz Wow, that Oasis Landing picture is <3 !
    5JZ57S6.png
  • TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Oh, speaking of that (off topic, sorry, but you remind me), I've heard there's a mod that makes sim days last longer? Or rather, it gets dark later? In Sims 3 it gets dark at six and I don't quite understand why. I'd love it if it would get dark around... nine or so? Is there a mod available for that or would that mean having to change the code?

@TreyNutz Wow, that Oasis Landing picture is <3 !

Thanks, everyone for the comments on the OL picture. I've had that in a pictures folder for a while, lol.

@JoAnne65 , I tried a few of BrntWaffles' lighting mods and several had longer days. Sunset was around 9 pm. It affected vampires, that is vampires burnt up outside during those extra hours. Anyways, as stated earlier, it was easy to try them out. They are just package based CC.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2017

LOL I love seeing someone get all excited on their using CC skins and stuff.
    I hope you enjoy it, but please be warned - once you enjoy it, you'll become its slave.....

muahahahahahha *cough*
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
    Pary wrote: »

LOL I love seeing someone get all excited on their using CC skins and stuff.
    I hope you enjoy it, but please be warned - once you enjoy it, you'll become its slave.....

muahahahahahha *cough*

I am there now :( went to get an Asian skin ended up with a ton amid make up :(
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @GITTE2001 I am having a hard time deciding which is best,the lavender haired girl at the wedding in powder blue,or the angry raven haired beauty in the rain in the black gown :love: Going to have to flip a coin.They are pretty <3

@Charlottesmom That mummy is trying to rip her head off :# Did she win??
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member

THAT is a good question. I'm not sure if there is just one that uses the regular EA lighting. I believe that most of the brntwaffles (or a lot of them) have the 'longer days'. Which get dark around 9. Sorry that's not more helpful.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top