Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you show me your super DULL sims 3 pics? ;)

Comments

• AlexPazAlexPaz Posts: 143 Member
    These beautiful DULL pictures are very bad, i cant believe all the content in this game, SHAME ON EVERYBODY.
    anyway here are some of my dull pics, love all of yours! :p
    11av1xj.jpg
    5aotch.jpg
    111nrky.jpg
    i3ukw5.jpg
    34iqm40.jpg
    Ohh yea, you gotta get schwifty
    33y1gk1.jpg
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Back to the topic at hand, here's a dull screenshot in Hidden Springs. My fireman had an emergency happening at the hospital. :)

26591658823_f93f582e93_c.jpg

Wow that's amazing! I just LOVE the firefighter career (and Hidden Springs).
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom Who watches Walking Dead anyway :smirk:

@JoAnne65 That sims 2 sim in your comparrison pics :D Joe Dirt ?? And I agree male sims in 4 are goofy with overly broad shoulders.They look like Johhny Bravo when muscular.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Beautiful pictures everyone but I refuse to use the dull word they are awesome.

Sure would be nice though if all the comparisons stopped and we all just appreciated what each game brings to us personally and could share
    without criticizing. And note: I am not referring to feedback.

I know there i go, dreaming... must be the cold meds kicking in. Is this flu bug universal?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    edited February 2017
    @JoAnne65 I understand what you and everyone else are trying to say and yes your sims are gorgeous even without CC! But I can never create sims like that, I ve been trying since 2009, and over the years I ve mainly played the pre made sims as even they look better than the ones I make. Maybe I m just not very creative, I play sims 4 a lot because I find it easier to create sims that I think look nice but I still love sims 3 and I play it a lot, the scenery is beautiful and definitely not dull. I commented originally out of sheer frustration of trying to create an original, unique looking sim in sims 3 and failing miserably. I see that some people can create nice looking sims though without any CC, which makes me feel even worse I ve been playing sims 3 for years and I still can't do it properly.

Can I just say though there is no need for you all to be so aggressive, I m not attacking the game as such, just commenting that vanilla sims don't look as good as CC ones and it's frustrating if like me, you can't or don't understand how to download and use CC. I love sims 3 and despite not loving the appearance of my sims I still enjoy the gameplay a lot. It took me years to pluck up courage to start posting on this forum, I won't do it again, it's pretty easy to be rude when you can hide behind your computer. I ll just go back to sims 4 and SIMS 3 and enjoy playing I guess.

• GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited February 2017
    @brackencat31 We weren't trying to be mean - your first message just really sounded as you were attacking the sims a bit. (We already know you weren't but @JoAnne65 only read your first message when she made her post. She's very nice actually) And, like most of us already said: practise. Everyone's sims look like garbage if you don't try.

By the way, I don't know if you would be interested, but here and here are some sim-making guides.

Really, none of us wants you to feel bad, and I really like it you still enjoy your game no matter what. It's just...It has to be possible. For everyone. I know lots of things in this community can be discouraging at times, believe me, I experienced it too and still do.

By the way, if you don't know hwo to install cc, click here.

And maybe this google search can help.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have more dull Pics to share :) Been having a lot of fun today ahah
    I love rain in this game sooo much
    Screenshot-181_zpskl0pgirz.jpgScreenshot-188_zpscicap3sd.jpgScreenshot-185_zpsx1yio7bd.jpgScreenshot-187_zpskvsgywmq.jpg

Lmao that face when he is holding the baby XD I was just trying to take care of an unfortunate town born baby
    Screenshot-184_zpsv24tnnqo.jpg
    Screenshot-183_zpsuykoopt5.jpg

Kinda random ones I just happend to pause at XD And of course face paint !!
    Screenshot-182_zpsrreeoxev.jpgScreenshot-189_zpskeucqk5h.jpgScreenshot-192_zpsusfnnng9.jpg

• GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    @brackencat31 I agree with Gitte I think that your tone was misconstrued in your original comment. Just the sort of fatalistic "they only look good with CC" sort of thing (which isn't true because everyone has their tastes). Mine run towards semi-realistic ISH, I have a certain taste and its definitely not for everyone. But I started a new thread to show that you can definitely do it without TONS of CC. And I agree for a lot of people TS4 is easier to create sims (I don't find it so, but I'm picky and set in my ways). You can always DL sims that you find LOOK like ones you wanted and then pick them apart to see what makes them... look like they do. OR if someone has sims that look a certain way and you like it, ask them! That's what I did when I "neeeeded" the skin that my sims use now. I think you do need to be sensitive to the fact that a lot of people like their CC-free sims and games, and that's cool too. You might prefer a certain look and that's ok, but other people don't have to agree to your preferences. Just like I know that MY sims aren't to everyones tastes and I would never say that they were 'better' than anyone elses.

There are tons of people willing to help you out if you ask, no need to feel attacked. If you don't know how to make a mods folder or use them or place packages there are tons of tutorials or I'm sure people would be willing to walk you through the process.
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Charlottesmom Who watches Walking Dead anyway :smirk:

@JoAnne65 That sims 2 sim in your comparrison pics :D Joe Dirt ?? And I agree male sims in 4 are goofy with overly broad shoulders.They look like Johhny Bravo when muscular.
    Joe Dirt :D ? That is my sim dear man :#
    @JoAnne65 I understand what you and everyone else are trying to say and yes your sims are gorgeous even without CC! But I can never create sims like that, I ve been trying since 2009, and over the years I ve mainly played the pre made sims as even they look better than the ones I make. Maybe I m just not very creative, I play sims 4 a lot because I find it easier to create sims that I think look nice but I still love sims 3 and I play it a lot, the scenery is beautiful and definitely not dull. I commented originally out of sheer frustration of trying to create an original, unique looking sim in sims 3 and failing miserably. I see that some people can create nice looking sims though without any CC, which makes me feel even worse I ve been playing sims 3 for years and I still can't do it properly.

Can I just say though there is no need for you all to be so aggressive, I m not attacking the game as such, just commenting that vanilla sims don't look as good as CC ones and it's frustrating if like me, you can't or don't understand how to download and use CC. I love sims 3 and despite not loving the appearance of my sims I still enjoy the gameplay a lot. It took me years to pluck up courage to start posting on this forum, I won't do it again, it's pretty easy to be rude when you can hide behind your computer. I ll just go back to sims 4 and SIMS 3 and enjoy playing I guess.
    I think happysimmer worded it correctly when she said you kind of brought down the vibe of the thread and that's why people react a bit snarky. The more so because we get a lot of that here, it's the reason of this very topic. "Show me your dull Sims 3 pics", is triggered by someone who visited this section just to tell us that. So forgive us for acting a bit defensive (the opposite of agressive). Calling someone's sims - clearly shown with pride - lifeless didn't help either.

Downloading CC is quite easy and I'm sure everyone here is willing to help you not only install it but also present you different skins to choose from (because we all have different preferences in that respect, I'll stick to Maxis Match myself for my own game for instance).
    But even when you do have CC, you'll have to pull some sliders to get rid of the puffy cheeks ;) And as you can see many of us do like their sims vanilla.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think defensive is a good word, and actually much more accurate than 'attacking'. After all, the post sounded rather accusatory - sort of like; 'the caek is a lie because your sims are attractive only because you are using CC!' kind of thing. When your post sounds accusatory like that, of course people are going to get defensive even though I understand you phrased it that way out of frustration. But in addition some people like their sims just fine without CC and that post basically called them ugly. How on earth would you expect people to react to that? :D

But it's perfectly OK if someone doesn't want to learn to use CC - it's totally up to each player! One really nice thing about TS3 though, is that there are no more patches so we don't have to worry about them breaking our custom content any more! Hallelujah! :)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited February 2017
    The only thing I can tell people who think they can't make unique sims is -

1. Play with the sliders. Min / Max them, get a feel for them. There IS an undo button. I was once really afraid of going too far with the sliders in case I wrecked a sim, but the undo button is my safety harness :D

2. Each person seems to have their own "style" . I know I do, and many of my sims seem to look alike. I stopped worrying about that and just accepted that is the way I create my sims, and that there isn't anything wrong with that :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    More pictures please! :blush:
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,921 Member
    I love variety in my Sims and I found that no matter how hard I tried they all seemed to look similar to each other.

I worried about this for a while and gradually realised it was largely because I had a few basic ideas that made me assume everyone in real life shared certain characteristics. Once I recognised I had this basic misconception I worked against it by deliberately making Sims that consciously broke my selfimposed rules.

This helped me make Sims that looked less the same as every other sim I made but it didn't fully solve my problem.

Then I discovered skins and found how different skins made by different people help me achieve a variety of looks effortlessly.

Except for babies, I don't use default skins. I have a lot of non default skins in my game now and will probably add more. And a lot of skins in my game have yet to appear on one of my Sims because so far they haven't been right for the sim I was making at the time.
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited February 2017
    Pary wrote: »
    The only thing I can tell people who think they can't make unique sims is -

1. Play with the sliders. Min / Max them, get a feel for them. There IS an undo button. I was once really afraid of going too far with the sliders in case I wrecked a sim, but the undo button is my safety harness :D

2. Each person seems to have their own "style" . I know I do, and many of my sims seem to look alike. I stopped worrying about that and just accepted that is the way I create my sims, and that there isn't anything wrong with that :)

@Pary The undo button is my best friend!

It is also true that most people have their own style. I have been friends with a bunch of simmers for years now and I can generally tell a new sim by them the minute I lay eyes on them. I know there is a certain look that I find most appealing and I rarely stray from that.
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @TreyNutz I feel like my picture belongs in there with yours.

Getting abducted while only in a towel!
    Screenshot-110_zpsjdrw2tya.jpg
    giphy.gif

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Guys guys...

9822072.gif
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CororonCororon Posts: 4,276 Member
    Aw, your pics are so dull that I want to go back to bed. :wink:

MeRex_zpsznlff4vd.jpg
    cUrfGkA.gif
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Hi, just wanted to say thank you, I ve read all of your posts and the other thread about creating sims with little or no CC and it's really useful and interesting. I really want to keep playing sims 3 because I love the seasons, weather, swimming in the sea, magic etc but I ve been getting really frustrated with it. Think I m going to have a sims break for a while, sort out some real life stuff and come back with a fresh mind in a few months.

Some of the pics on here are fab by the way, and definitely not dull! Sorry, if I offended anyone x
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited February 2017
    Troll alert.

Is this really required? If you don't like sims3, go away and mind your own bussiness. Do I say all the time I don't like sims4 when my opinion isn't asked at all? No. So you, don't do it either.

Also, I know there can be some weird opinions around here, but seeing after all these gorgeous pics and still calling sims3 dull and boring without good arguments, you must be blind. Or just a very stupid troll.
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Don't feed the trolls! ;)

31844070764_f0307d8d24_o.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @JoAnne65 , that picture of birds flying in front of the rainbow is so beautiful!
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Don't feed the trolls! ;)

31844070764_f0307d8d24_o.jpg

But they look hungry :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top