Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you show me your super DULL sims 3 pics? ;)

Comments

• CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @CravenLestat , I'llMAYBE admit it if I live through getting my teeth yanked this morning.... ;) . But then again, I may not.... :p
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Xorzhaan Hey! That's my sweet baby Jonah, he's not downloadable at this time. BUT I do have a bevy of other sims that are available with CC lists (none of them are sims3pack, so they won't have any CC riding on the DL). HERE.

Rory is probably the closest to Jonah (being his genetic sort of son) and has a list of CC and sliders in the DL if you do want him to show up as pictured. Feel free to DL and change anything about any of the sims I have up for grabs. IF your sliders aren't working I'd check all that troubleshooting stuff to get them going.

30266065124_67afbd6d2d_o.jpg
    Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio
  • WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    These pictures are all so beautifully dull!
    Also, I thought, I had decent graphics, but now that I see what is possible, I´m beginning to think about an upgrade. B)

Here´s one dull full "moon" at Lunar Lakes.
    Screenshot-x1787_zpsejdgl8fa.jpg

And a little bit of China
    Screenshot-x1273_zpsvgzhwafi.jpg

My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    These pictures are all so beautifully dull!
    Also, I thought, I had decent graphics, but now that I see what is possible, I´m beginning to think about an upgrade. B)

Here´s one dull full "moon" at Lunar Lakes.
    Screenshot-x1787_zpsejdgl8fa.jpg

And a little bit of China
    Screenshot-x1273_zpsvgzhwafi.jpg

Wow that looks amazing! I love the view of China. Can't wait for my sim to not be poor so he can go to one of the worlds.
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    These pictures are all fantastic, and if the sims in sims 3 all looked like this I would love playing it, but they don't, not without loads of CC. Even with my graphics set on the highest settings my sims in 3 don't look this good, they never do. sims 3 is a great game but it only looks as good you re making out because most of you have a ton of cc on your sims. Without cc sims in 3 are pretty ugly, it's still a great game though.
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited February 2017
    @brackencat31

My sims in general have...A cc skin and eyes. That's it. Two small items, not loads of it ;) for a while, even without default eyes.
    And it made sims like this:
    tumblr_o26qakCZOx1u9j3yao2_1280.jpg
    800826741.jpg
    (Those two and just their whole generation is still my favourite sims couple eveeeeeeeeer)

And nowadays my sims are this:
    tumblr_okplhqbghU1vewlvzo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_okp88xAE8y1vewlvzo2_1280.jpg
    The girl has exactly 5 cc items(lipstick for which I put the opacity slider a lot to the left, eyelashes, blush, skin and eyes) and the boy 2.(skin and eyes)
    So...Loads of cc?

Then there are still these, made by the wonderful @JoAnne65. All the pictures I show are 100% cc free, she only had no moisac mod at that time (until I persuaded her in downloading a skin, and when she had to download certain mods for performance issues. And since then she kept on downloading. (But I guess you still have less than 30 items in total?) )
    612086_orig.png
    1379460916.jpg
    2190895_orig.png
    6324830_orig.png
    1584380_orig.png
    246183_orig.png

All right, tastes differ. But I think we can officially conclude sims officially don't need five hundred cc items to look somehow acceptable. Or in Joanne's case, they need none of it.

Post edited by GITTE2001 on
  • jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    Dull...dull...dull!!! :)

Screenshot-124_zpslfc4a6sg.jpg

Screenshot-27_zpsqwtct7y5.jpg

Screenshot-16_zpsyzasb3lo.jpg

Screenshot-26_zpsvjlgz71y.jpg

Screenshot-15_zpszptu1svh.jpg

Screenshot-7_zpsmjeokpcw.jpg

Screenshot-215_zpsivetlcxg.jpg

• jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Charlottesmom, what world is your 3rd pic from? It's so beautiful!!
    edited February 2017
    @brackencat31 what I forgot to say: next to, of course, just liking the game's style and having a good graphics card. You also have to put a bit of work on your sims - if you already spend two hours in CAS perfecting a sim, I'm sorry. But in that case combined with a good graphics card your sims just should look some kind of good. If you don't, then...Avoid that EA SV-townie and/or pudding stule and play with the CAS sliders. Like you may have already discovered, it can have very nice results. If you don't know where to start, I know @JoAnne65 (yeah, her again) (Sorry Joanne I know you're sick right now) has 'base slider values' written down somewhere. Hope it can help you.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    jordand wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom, what world is your 3rd pic from? It's so beautiful!!

Oasis Landing,Into The Future
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat, I don't want to argue with anyone, I play sims 3 a lot still, it's a good game and I enjoy it, but the sims in your pictures, they have different hair and outfits but their faces are all the same, they don't look as good as the cc sims. That's all I wanted to say really, there is nothing wrong with my graphics card, i just think it's amusing that you re all posting fantastic pictures of how great sims 3 looks yet most of you are (not all) are using lighting mods, sliders, plenty of custom skins. Your sims look lifeless, the Cc ones are wonderful however but that's due to the wonderfully talented people out there who make Cc not sims 3 itself.
    edited February 2017
    @brackencat31 have you seen my post...?

Also, I disagree about the 'same face' you said about @CravenLestat 's sims.
    I mean:
    Screenshot-6739_zpsiwvylhqe.jpg
    Screenshot-6002_zpsyy0iqp8a.jpg
    The bottom one has a more pointy nose, the top one a broader nose. The top one has thicker eyebrows, the bottom one thinner etc.

@GITTE2001 I ve never spent 2hrs making a sim, I make a sim who I think looks great, go into the game and they look completely different to cas. It's really frustrating, I wish my sims looked as good as all of yours do. The pictures you showed though look pretty good, so maybe I m not taking enough time to make them. I m a bit rubbish with the sliders unfortunately, having said that, I do think sims 3 is a great game and I still play a lot despite the look of my sims in it.
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @GITTE2001 <3 Several of those pics are the same sim so hope some look alike. :D

@brackencat31 Not arguing but saying my sims are lifeless :( All those shots they are just walking except the girl who just got in the hot tub.

And for the record mine took no time to make they were made by EA they are premade townies. :D The first two pics are Tammie Opali from Isla Paradiso for example.Hope it looks like the same sim and her default outfit is the same too just recolored.
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    @brackencat31 I have that issue too, where my sims look different in game versus in CAS. It's a bummer, but I'm sure it's my graphics and my computer. So I just shrug it off and enjoy my game anyway. I'm glad you're still enjoying yours too. :)
    giphy.gif

@brackencat31 Allright, I understand. That's why I talked about Joanne's base slider settings, they could help you starting. I have to admit: it takes some practise. I remember the time I just took the first of the premade nose, the second of the premade eyes...Without even giving the look at the sliders. Then I started touching the sliders. Know what? I have to vomit when I see those sims again. Just practise.
    Also, it's a fact the sims can look slightly different in the game because of the lightning and other stuff. After making them and seeing them in game IN GOOD LIGHTNING (daylight with their face to the sun is good enough) you could take them in cas again with testingcheatseneabled or MC.
    @GITTE2001 thanks, I ll give it a go, I ve spent every day this week trying to start a new game but every time I make my witch in cas and go into the game I m so disappointed, probably why I was so frustrated and a bit jealous looking at all your fantastic sims. Recently I ve started giving up and just playing sims 4 but I want to play sims 3 too, I love seasons.
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    These pictures are all fantastic, and if the sims in sims 3 all looked like this I would love playing it, but they don't, not without loads of CC. Even with my graphics set on the highest settings my sims in 3 don't look this good, they never do. sims 3 is a great game but it only looks as good you re making out because most of you have a ton of cc on your sims. Without cc sims in 3 are pretty ugly, it's still a great game though.

@brackencat31 , I have absolutely NO CC or Mods including lighting Mods in my game, my pictures are fresh out of game not altered in any way. I don't think my Sims look all the same or horrible. People have different taste...I see you like Sims 4, I have played it for months on end in the past, and can't get into it and think those Sims are too cartoony and semi ugly for my taste, but that is my opinion, you have yours.

More pictures.......

Screenshot-12178_zpsqtik8wii.jpg

Screenshot-12169_zpsyweroapy.jpg

Screenshot-259_zpssnrtsffj.jpg

Screenshot-257_zpswhnqbut3.jpg

Screenshot-247_zpsx3jchns9.jpg

Screenshot-252_zpsxjrdmezc.jpg

Screenshot-256_zpszhamvgar.jpg

• WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    @brackencat31 - I don´t use any CC on my sims (well, apart from some female clothing for male sims :p ).
    I like them, just like they are.
    Screenshot1586_zpslyywuj5r.jpg

Screenshot-2773_zpsr7qzbxct.jpg

Screenshot2392_zpsqvakozng.jpg

But that´s just a question of personal preference, I guess.

My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
    @Charlottesmom, you re quite right, we all do have different tastes, but I enjoy both games most of the time.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @CravenLestat, I don't want to argue with anyone, I play sims 3 a lot still, it's a good game and I enjoy it, but the sims in your pictures, they have different hair and outfits but their faces are all the same, they don't look as good as the cc sims. That's all I wanted to say really, there is nothing wrong with my graphics card, i just think it's amusing that you re all posting fantastic pictures of how great sims 3 looks yet most of you are (not all) are using lighting mods, sliders, plenty of custom skins. Your sims look lifeless, the Cc ones are wonderful however but that's due to the wonderfully talented people out there who make Cc not sims 3 itself.

I think @CravenLestat 's sims all have the same look because that is the look he likes. It is possible to have different looking sims in Sims 3 without using cc.

Having said that, since Sims 4 was released I have started using CC and have discovered skins and am now addicted to them as they give my sims even more variety in their looks.
  • GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member

Mmmm not really. It might LOOK like a lot of CC, but it doesn't have to be. My laptop game (base game only) has less than 400MB of CC, there are 3 makeup bits of CC, and default eyes, skin, brows and a handful of CC hairs. NO CC sliders.

So I reject that a simple game can't have specific types of sims (ones that have a non-maxis match style) without the big guns. The redhead female at the bottom has NO-CC sliders, and only 3 pieces of makeup (nose, eyebag, face shine). No special lighting, I just make sure that my houses have buydebug (base game cheat lights) in every room so that they get lit more evenly.

32253410422_3a1ab0acb7_o.jpg

32253403432_4edb05baf4_o.jpg

32511654551_8589cf4332_o.jpg

Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
    Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
    ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
    Studio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top