Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create your own CC question: What do people use?

I don't know if this is the right place but I'm wondering how people create their own clothing and hair for sims 3? Is it a programme they download or is it bought? I tried looking it up but it kept giving me mod the sims and other websites but nothing that's actually helpful.

Comments

• JoHolt177JoHolt177 Posts: 65 Member
    I found this tutorial really helpful! I only watched the first video on the playlist, but I would assume that the rest are just as useful!

I cannot post links so just get rid of the a in 'htatps'.

htatps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz3JIcsW7Vk&list=PLYm2E1GZq5olUHtbQcyIgSwvJFKU7aPKK
    I would also post this in the 'The sims 4 Modding and Costume Content' section. If you would like more advice on this.
  • emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    For TS3, there is TSRW from thesimsresource. It also works for TS4 methinks. You're best also having Photoshop for meshes.

What might be useful (but not necessary, it just will help you) is some 3d modelling software. It won't help you make the cc itself, but it will help you to get your head around meshing. Personally, I would reccomend Metasequoia because it has multiple modes, from tutorials and beginner tools to advanced modelling. So you can get one program and keep it from when you're a beginner to when you're good at it. And, you can get a free trial of it first so you know before paying for it if it is right for you. But when new versions come out, (not updates- those are free) they often have new features you'll want and will not be free. This one is just the one I think is good, but there are other ones that are awesome too. Like Blendr is free, but still absolutely awesome. Try both and see which you prefer. They're both quite cost effective.

I reccomend getting another opinion though, since you can't rely on just one. Also, moving this to CC and Modding section might help you get more results.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at everything and post in the Sims 4 bit when I can :)
    Thanks everyone, I'll have a look at everything and post in the Sims 4 bit when I can :)

Glad to help :) I hope you find what you need!