Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I HATE THIS SIGN!!

I have just finished decorating this apartment and it is looking great except for one thing whenever I look out my one window I SEE THE BACK OF THIS SIGN!!!. It's blocking what would be a great a view I simply don't get why it got put there since it isn't even showing anything since we can't go to the other side of it. I hate it so much I feel like crying because i'm so obsessive over these small things and I only have one window in the whole apartment and this is what I see when I lookout of it. I wish there was a cheat or mod to delete since it is SOOO UGLY.
2qkukq8.png

Comments

• Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Welcome to apartment living :D can't change those few things that bother you. At least they are trying to be realistic.

Yeah i'll give them that. :|
  • Options
    twisted_butterflytwisted_butterfly Posts: 11 New Member
    Can't you move the window?
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited January 2017
    Welcome to apartment living :D can't change those few things that bother you. At least they are trying to be realistic.

Hahaa, yeah I agree with this. I live in an apartment in real life too and just have to deal with things like this. I can't even see the stars or moon from here cuz all the other blocks of the apartments are blocking the view. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Can't you move the window?

No its an apartment.

@DeKay Personally I live in a unit but originally it was a very old large house and then got turned into 4 units. The view for me is trees and flowers so I'm pretty 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lucky and have yet to experience a real eye sore of a view.
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Gotta agree with everyone. This was a conscious decision with the developers that I hate to agree! I love that and hate it but agree with it.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    It's a love-hate relationship with the views outside any apartment, either in Real life or in game, you could put a large painting there to block the ugliness of that view or put some curtains there so it doesn't bother you as much!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I think you might have to move to a better area.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    It could be worse. Instead of the back of the sign, you could be stuck with an eternal view of Simgles potato chips ad. ;)
  • Options
    I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Obscurus wrote: »
    It could be worse. Instead of the back of the sign, you could be stuck with an eternal view of Simgles potato chips ad. ;)

Link to ad please.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • Options
    ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    ^^ There's no such ad, I just made it up for funsies. :p
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Lol I kind of love it cause it's realistic. Realistic things are annoying sometimes. Sorry for your sim though :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Just be thankful it's not a flashing Neon Sign and a tram going by your Sim's window rattling your Sim from his/her sleep. Come to think of it, I would like an apartment in a bad location in the game. But this one pretty much suffices for a very bad view. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    leahbeeleahbee Posts: 50 Member
    I kinda love that it's realistic. Cities usually have ugly views unless you're rich or hit the jackpot of cheap flats.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am so sorry for those who have to put up with such annoying things, I hope the OP can move to a better apartment soon so does not have to look at that sign much longer, :)
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Hahaa, yeah I agree with this. I live in an apartment in real life too and just have to deal with things like this. I can't even see the stars or moon from here cuz all the other blocks of the apartments are blocking the view. XD

Yep same for me. My apartment has a lovely parking lot view and kids screaming 24/7. My NEXT DOOR (behind our apartment but adjacent) neighbor has a beautiful field with a forest and wildlife for their view. I pay 1k a month and they pay 2.5k a month. Same size apartments lol. I'll take my parking lot thanks Obama. (Trump I guess now :D)
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    leahbee wrote: »
    I kinda love that it's realistic. Cities usually have ugly views unless you're rich or hit the jackpot of cheap flats.
    You are correct. My irl apartment balcony view is over a park. Sounds great right? Not. My view is homeless people, lots of barking dogs and screaming kids. Thats during the day. At night its police cars and ladies of the night. lol Rent is cheap and we have lots of security due to the police presence. :D
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2017
    Maybe it's a sign, you should move.
    Out of curiosity, what's on the front of the sign?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Selling kid stuff. I hate children now because of it.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Selling kid stuff. I hate children now because of it.

Understandable.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I have just finished decorating this apartment and it is looking great except for one thing whenever I look out my one window I SEE THE BACK OF THIS SIGN!!!. It's blocking what would be a great a view I simply don't get why it got put there since it isn't even showing anything since we can't go to the other side of it. I hate it so much I feel like crying because i'm so obsessive over these small things and I only have one window in the whole apartment and this is what I see when I lookout of it. I wish there was a cheat or mod to delete since it is SOOO UGLY.
    2qkukq8.png
    Could be worse, it could have been a brick wall. :D

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    All I see is the building on the next block from my apartment. I have to scoot waaay in a corner to get a view of the city skyline lol.
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Haha I would actually like an apartment with a 2 foot view of brick wall.
    What better way to motivate your Sim to move!
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison