Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any Sims 3 Store Purchases you regret...?

I kinda wish I had passed on the cow milking thing, never use it, though it was cute for one time. I wish the cow could actually roam around a bit. Love the chicken coop though!

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Several haircuts...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    @joanne65 which?

I don't know. I don't have that much stuff (still a lot...) and didn't use most of it yet. Just didn't have the opportunity to use it yet.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    There's a few hairstyles I regret purchasing. I couldn't really see them with the pictures on the Store and took a chance which backfired. I totally regretted installing the cosmic cosmetics registration reward in my game.
  • Options
    taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Midnight Hollow basic. There's no way to get the Golden Ticket Toy Shop venue other than buying gold version. If I ever buy it it will be the last item after I own everything else.
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    The deep fryer. I don't like it. just makes a lot of noise and it's not useful to me at all. also a few stuff that I purchased from the store and only later discovered there are the same items in some expansion pack.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Seconded on the basic version of Midnight Hollow, and to some extent Midnight Hollow altogether because I've never actually played it. I also sort of regret Lucky Palms. Nothing interesting or useful to my gameplay came with the world and I don't like deserts, so it was a foolish splurge for me.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,656 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, I'm with the hairstyles. Some of them just look like painted wigs!
    Some other objects looked like a good idea at the time, but totally useless.
    Post edited by February11 on
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
    edited February 2017
    There was a one piece black and white sleeveless jumpsuit that from the thumbnail looked really crazysexycool. But then I actually saw it in-game and thought it was the weirdest, stupidest thing I had ever seen. To this day I regret getting it.
    Post edited by ts1depot on
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member

Roaring Heights. Oh man...that was the worst world. so many routing issues. And the sad part was....I was so excited to have a bustling city and a beach all in one.

When I reinstalled my sims3 game, it was one of the only things I didn't download back into the game.
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    thevogel wrote: »
    Roaring Heights. Oh man...that was the worst world. so many routing issues. And the sad part was....I was so excited to have a bustling city and a beach all in one.

When I reinstalled my sims3 game, it was one of the only things I didn't download back into the game.

Wow, really? I was really looking forwards to getting it for the same reasons you did.

Also, the stiff as a board, light as a feather set contained in the skylight studio. I didn't get it, and I refuse to, because I watched a video on it before buying. No wonder it's called stiff as a board, the animations are terrible. A cute idea, but it's almost offensive to sell such a poor job at such a high price. That chicken dance was like a big f-u to people that buy stuff from the store.
  • Options

Yeah...I was so bummed about Roaring Heights. I had built a little beach house on a small strand of beach just outside the city... and when the carpool would arrive to take my sim to work....my sim would go for a walk around the entire house or go down to this park area before coming back up the street and then get in the car to go to work... Most of the time she would miss the carpool and be late for work. and the same thing would happen if I just had them take their own car. it was crazy. Routing issues everywhere.

I would suggest if you want a beach type world of any kind...Sunlit Tides. That world is really fun.
  • Options
    nakkitattinakkitatti Posts: 2 New Member
    When I first got my 1000(?) SimPoints from installing I became a victim of the daily deals and bought things I didn't actually need just because they were on sale instead of buying things that were actually to my taste. I especially regret getting the StoryBook Living Room set and the Acceptance Speech Gown, since I haven't used them that much (if at all). Other purchases I wish I hadn't made were the Scene Too Much hair (it looks ridiculous in CAS so I haven't used it on any sim) and The Flute Forward Vintage dress for elders as it's not working the way it should (it should have three recolorable parts, but instead there's only one and it changes the pattern of the entire dress).
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    @taratownie I didn't know that. That's unfortunate :( I assumed it was like Sunlit Tides, Aurora Skies and Lucky Palms.

Anyways, I regret getting the Indulgent Bakery, The Boardwalk, World of Wonder Carousel Collection. I bought those all for FULL price, not knowing about the Daily Deals. Also, as I played them, they weren't all that. I thought The Boardwalk came with carousels but those were just tents that looked like carousels and the Carousel Collection literally only offers the carousel, cotton candy, and popcorn. The little performance stage is just kinda there. I thought acrobatics would perform there or something. lol
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    @taratownie I didn't know that. That's unfortunate :( I assumed it was like Sunlit Tides, Aurora Skies and Lucky Palms.

Anyways, I regret getting the Indulgent Bakery, The Boardwalk, World of Wonder Carousel Collection. I bought those all for FULL price, not knowing about the Daily Deals. Also, as I played them, they weren't all that. I thought The Boardwalk came with carousels but those were just tents that looked like carousels and the Carousel Collection literally only offers the carousel, cotton candy, and popcorn. The little performance stage is just kinda there. I thought acrobatics would perform there or something. lol

I tried to place a carousel in the boardwalk venue... did not manage to do that yet... no place.:(
    Probably will try to renovate the hole venue so I could combine stuff from both venues... but that's gonna be challenging because they are very big (60*60) to begin with.
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    The "Now and Then Century Manor". I love the broken windows, doors, about everything that comes with it (and I use it often for building my poor sims homes). But when I place the Manor in my game, it crashes every time. Debugging it doesn't help, so I never place it in my worlds. I would not have purchased that if I had known the house would be bugging and crash my game!

"Mother Russia" is another store bought item I literally never use. It doesn't even appeal to me. Not sure why I had to have it.

The "World of Wonder" doesn't even make it in my DL's. I do have the popcorn and cotton candy machine though. Did that come with Seasons also? They are in my Festivals, if not, then I DL'd them two items separately.

The "Boardwalk" never gets DL'd either. I used it once and that was it. Seemed so cluttered together I had to move the camera all different ways just to see what was in there. Nothing in that set gets DL'd into my game.

There is so much I have and don't use. Its ridiculous :D

• Options
    The "Now and Then Century Manor". I love the broken windows, doors, about everything that comes with it (and I use it often for building my poor sims homes). But when I place the Manor in my game, it crashes every time. Debugging it doesn't help, so I never place it in my worlds. I would not have purchased that if I had known the house would be bugging and crash my game!

Oh I'm glad I know this..... I was thinking about getting the Now and Than Century Manor. I'll pass on that one. Thanks for the info.

• Options
    karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    A hairstyle. But honestly what I regret the most is not finding any of thos free simpoints ads. I know I need to check if I have adblocker on but orz :/ I regret not looking at the daily deals sooner as well
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    thevogel wrote: »

Oh I'm glad I know this..... I was thinking about getting the Now and Than Century Manor. I'll pass on that one. Thanks for the info.

(this is late) but the Now and Then Century Manor has some good stuff in it. I have to have my broken windows and boarded windows and broken door, LOL. I just can't play the whole Manor in my game for some reason. But, even though I like some stuff in it, I still regret getting it because if I didn't get it, I wouldn't miss/need the items in it. Anything old, grungy, broken.....well, I am all for that :D
  • Options
    (this is late) but the Now and Then Century Manor has some good stuff in it. I have to have my broken windows and boarded windows and broken door, LOL. I just can't play the whole Manor in my game for some reason. But, even though I like some stuff in it, I still regret getting it because if I didn't get it, I wouldn't miss/need the items in it. Anything old, grungy, broken.....well, I am all for that :D

That's exactly why I was gonna get it. I thought it would be fun to build a run down old shack. I'm a builder...so I like to have a ton of build options when i play. I'll re-think it... gonna get a new computer soon, so that may be an extra treat that I gift myself Once i re-install everything.

• Options
    SillyhartluvSillyhartluv Posts: 73 Member
    I also regret the Boardwalk that goes with Roaring Heights. The lot is so busy that I get overwhelmed and send my sims somewhere else. I have failed miserably at building my own roller coasters, unless going around on a circle with maybe two hills counts as a roller coaster. :*
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I waited for sales, so there's not too much I disliked. The cows are dull compared to the chicken coop, which even the ghosts and zombies will autonomously fight with Charles. I found with NRAAS mods like "error trap" and "overwatch" a lot of the issues with store items go away.

I found all the world's playable if you google around enough and find where the issues are and fix them.

I like the deep fryer and ice cream machines but since they build both fun and hunger needs, my Sims get obsessed with them, just like some Sims are obsessed with the tractor. I even once had the two fireman show up to my lot to fight a fire and instead they insisted on taking a hayride in the tractor first.
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    There are a bunch of hairstyles I bought and ended up not liking since you really can't see the style in other directions or the length.
  • Options
    lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    I regret buying something for the full price and then having it on the DD page! (that's why now I stalk the DD List) and also I've bought some hairstyles or clothes that did not count for CYS without noticing :'( .
    But as for quality and stuff like others have mentioned I'm not really sure... maybe what I regret it is having bought something and then not using it because "The perfect sim for that haven't been born/created" xD
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • Options
    FourteenFourteen Posts: 257 Member
    I kinda regret Dragon Valley World because I only want dragons. I jut wish they're separated items rather than a whole set. Oh well...

But! Also, I really wish all store items and complete sets are fully repaired and polished. Seriously.
    Playing TS3 since June 2009.
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
    NOTE: I have trouble with receiving gifts from people. Please visit a single item instead of my wishlist. Thank you!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I also regret the Boardwalk that goes with Roaring Heights. The lot is so busy that I get overwhelmed and send my sims somewhere else. I have failed miserably at building my own roller coasters, unless going around on a circle with maybe two hills counts as a roller coaster. :*

There are lots of roller coaster lots for download in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/729564/roller-coaster-carnival-amore-builds-please-post-your-pics#latest