Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Cars and Bikes would work in The Sims 4

So recently I have been fantasising about how we would be able to have cars and bikes in the Sims 4, so I thought I would share these ideas with you.

Cars
So I would love to see The Sims 2 style cars return where we would attach a driveway onto the edge of our lot, and see them properly get in and out of their cars, and actually drive off and onto the road! And especially as The Sims 4 isn't an open world, I feel this would be a must - this however would only be able to happen in worlds where there are (of course) roads; this includes, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest and the new vampire worlds, Forgotten Hollow.

If however you don't want to have your cars at the front of your lot, and would much rather have them elsewhere then a Sims 3 style parking zone would be required. This would allow your sims to have them anywhere in their home, and the animation of them getting in and out of their cars would still be used... However they would fade from the parking zone and onto the road.

Both of these ways of parking your car have been seen before in the Sims series, so it would only be fitting if the Sims 4 included a new place to park your car. Mainly in towns (At least here in England anyway, I'm not to sure about elsewhere) where the houses tend to be terrace homes, they normally lack a proper driveway and or garage, so people tend to park their car onto the side of the pavement, how cool would it be to see our sim's cars look like this:

_87014575_blurred.jpg

That way we could still have cars on smaller lots, and they'd still be able to have an animation that included them getting into the car and driving onto the road.

The inclusion of cars would also then add carpools and school buses back into the game, as I feel that having our sims disappear off the edge of the lot breaks the realism and I just loved when carpools would come to pick our sims up for work!

In towns where cars aren't very suitable, like Windenberg and San Myshuno, you obviously would still be able to place cars if you like, however they would probably act like the Sims 3 way, however this leads me onto my second point:

Bikes!
In the centre of Windenberg, people have adapted to the lack of roads, and instead use bikes as their main mode of transport, it would be amazing if bikes could properly route from place to place, and sims could just cycle along paths instead of walking - this would also fit in San Myshuno as bikes tend to be quite common in cities, so basically bikes would now function more of a way to travel long distances across neighbourhoods.

Also this leads me onto my next new / returning feature: Newspaper Deliverers
Can you imagine seeing a child sim cycling along the pavement in Willow Creek chucking the newspaper in front of each house every morning! That would be such a cool feature!!

Even though it would be nice to have your bikes as a way to travel long distances across neighbourhoods instead of walking, it would still be nice to have sims cycle on the road. But if they do, they better not cycle right in the middle of the road, that doesn't seem safe... I would much rather have your sims cycle on the edge.

Sorry that was such a long post, I just feel that there is so much possibilities that could be incorporated with Cars and Bikes.

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    dansneller wrote: »
    So recently I have been fantasising about how we would be able to have cars and bikes in the Sims 4, so I thought I would share these ideas with you.

Cars
    So I would love to see The Sims 2 style cars return where we would attach a driveway onto the edge of our lot, and see them properly get in and out of their cars, and actually drive off and onto the road! And especially as The Sims 4 isn't an open world, I feel this would be a must - this however would only be able to happen in worlds where there are (of course) roads; this includes, Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Magnolia Promenade, Newcrest and the new vampire worlds, Forgotten Hollow.

If however you don't want to have your cars at the front of your lot, and would much rather have them elsewhere then a Sims 3 style parking zone would be required. This would allow your sims to have them anywhere in their home, and the animation of them getting in and out of their cars would still be used... However they would fade from the parking zone and onto the road.

Both of these ways of parking your car have been seen before in the Sims series, so it would only be fitting if the Sims 4 included a new place to park your car. Mainly in towns (At least here in England anyway, I'm not to sure about elsewhere) where the houses tend to be terrace homes, they normally lack a proper driveway and or garage, so people tend to park their car onto the side of the pavement, how cool would it be to see our sim's cars look like this:

_87014575_blurred.jpg

That way we could still have cars on smaller lots, and they'd still be able to have an animation that included them getting into the car and driving onto the road.

The inclusion of cars would also then add carpools and school buses back into the game, as I feel that having our sims disappear off the edge of the lot breaks the realism and I just loved when carpools would come to pick our sims up for work!

In towns where cars aren't very suitable, like Windenberg and San Myshuno, you obviously would still be able to place cars if you like, however they would probably act like the Sims 3 way, however this leads me onto my second point:

Bikes!
    In the centre of Windenberg, people have adapted to the lack of roads, and instead use bikes as their main mode of transport, it would be amazing if bikes could properly route from place to place, and sims could just cycle along paths instead of walking - this would also fit in San Myshuno as bikes tend to be quite common in cities, so basically bikes would now function more of a way to travel long distances across neighbourhoods.

Also this leads me onto my next new / returning feature: Newspaper Deliverers
    Can you imagine seeing a child sim cycling along the pavement in Willow Creek chucking the newspaper in front of each house every morning! That would be such a cool feature!!

Even though it would be nice to have your bikes as a way to travel long distances across neighbourhoods instead of walking, it would still be nice to have sims cycle on the road. But if they do, they better not cycle right in the middle of the road, that doesn't seem safe... I would much rather have your sims cycle on the edge.

Sorry that was such a long post, I just feel that there is so much possibilities that could be incorporated with Cars and Bikes.

So are you saying they should travel like how they jog and walk I mean we can still see them like I wish we can see them drive or ride their bikes around town but that's not going to happen so what if we see them drive to the edge of the street like in Sims 2 and instead of a loading screen we get a picture of our sim in the car like the Sims Bustin Out as our loading and than once we reach the destination they park on a parking spot like they do in Sims 3 but we actually see them park in the spot.