Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about banned words in the gallery

13...Next

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    May be d-a-g in diamomdagent pushing things to the limit. :D It is more likely to be used on websites because it is a common derogatory term for someone in Australia but not particularly so as you might call yourself one.
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Well apparently writing lv6 is not allowed either... Took me a while to figure that out. level6 is fine but not lv6. I'm guessing it's something sexual again XD
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Probably the best example of Unjustified Banned Words is:

(Dina and Nina Caliente's REAL mother's name from Sims2)

You can't make her for your game or gallery! I think EA doesn't want y'all to know who was their REAL mother!

I completely forgot about it! They gave the Caliente sisters a fake mother for TS4 :D
    Do you think it was because of her name?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

You can't make her for your game or gallery! I think EA doesn't want y'all to know who was their REAL mother!

I completely forgot about it! They gave the Caliente sisters a fake mother for TS4 :D

I no understand the logic of word censorship
    It allow the name Mina (best example Mina Caliente, spanish version of Dina Caliente) when Mina is (in spanish) a despective word for woman
    I mean.... there are words than are censored and are more inocent than this example
  • rahxefin11rahxefin11 Posts: 1 New Member
    Okay so I've made some Greek Gods and I'm trying to post them but I can't figure out why it won't accept my description (disallowed words). Any ideas? I thought maybe "god" was the problem so I changed the o to zeros (in Olympia as well), and originally I'd said "desires" instead of wants so I switched those. I have absolutely no idea what's "disallowed".... I tried changing the god's name spellings but that didn't do anything either.

My version of the 0LYMPIC G0DS #1: Zeus is the youngest but also the most hot-headed and stubborn--he'll get his way by right or might. Poseidon's erratic emotions (like the sea itself) make him a dangerous enemy and an unpredictable friend. Hades is the oldest, but he's always being overshadowed by his younger stronger more handsome brothers, so he's turned to mischief to get the attention he wants. (Theos is Greek for G0D)
  • ScottrealbauerScottrealbauer Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello guys plz help me get the message out to the sim gurus and maxis. I hope they release more occult sims "supernatural" Dlc or like a magic dlc like they have had in the past. I really miss genies, werewolves, witches.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Shadowagent is the culprit, because it has dowage(r) in it which is banned for a tertiary meaning that refers to a woohoo practice.
    That is ridiculous.
    A dowager is a widow with a title or property derived from her late husband.
    Such as Downton Abbeys Dowager Countess.

Simburian wrote: »
    May be d-a-g in diamomdagent pushing things to the limit. :D It is more likely to be used on websites because it is a common derogatory term for someone in Australia but not particularly so as you might call yourself one.
    Dag isn't derogatory, its endearing.
    Shazza, you're such a dag can mean badly dressed, but we love you anyway, or socially inept, but we love you anyway.

@rahxefin11 It could be Hades, or Zeus, try switching them to the Roman version: Pluto and Jupiter.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2018
    It's a flirty woman who likes dressing in clothes you might actually associate with vampires - reds, slick blacks, tight... in fact most of the clothes with the vampire pack would be 'vamp' clothes. She's deliberately out to get a man, but being really upper-class about it. So it's a shame it's forbidden. Considering its age rating is T for Teen, EA needs to get a hold of the words it does and doesn't allow.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    So,I named my sim Valentina Vamp and for some reason I can't have her in the gallery because of her name.I am assuming it is "Vamp" that is the reason for it not being allowed but I don't get why.She's a vampire so I named her and her parent with Vamp as their surname.Hopefully the name will show up on here and someone will have an answer to this question though I'm not expecting a clear answer as to why it is banned.Also,I wasn't sure which category on the forums to put this in and that is why it's in the general discussion section.

Be happy that you're not from a country with another language. Because the banning obviously goes for something bad in English, even if I think it is totally ok in Danish. :wink:
  • minimouetteminimouette Posts: 75 Member
    well, they banned the word black... like seriously? I can't make a sirius black apparently -.-'
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited October 2018
    @irishgurl2978 Just in case you don't know this (I didn't at first)... You can just go into the editor (not in the gallery but her household in the game), click to edit her (where you edit features), and change her name. Then you can upload her to the gallery and share her. Sorry to pipe up with something that's probably not at all the point of why you posted and that you know, but I thought I'd mention it - just in case.

Yes... I've been surprised at some of the words that get 'plumbed'. Guess they have a pretty thorough list, hey?! Have a look at my signature. Had to get creative to give the author credit... ;)
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    well one of Pongo's and Perdita's offspring (the one with the tail partly black) can't be used in the gallery nor can the James Earl Jone's character's name from The Lion King

the former is because it means a person who is lacks common sense. And the latter means a male's baby-making device
    6adMCGP.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member

It gets censored because of the first three letters :/
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I get that they don't want people to be rude but people will be rude anyway.

It's a T game. Get over yourselves, EA.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Now explain me, why EA no filter complete words instead ban words because sound similar or include part of offensive words?
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,224 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Now explain me, why EA no filter complete words instead ban words because sound similar or include part of offensive words?

Like perfectly oridinary contractions. It wasn't even in a description, but a comment referring to a male sim. Can't contract he will apparently.
    image.png