Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snappy Columns

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
bb.moveobjects on and holding down the alt key will not stop columns from snapping to grid. Is there another way?

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Nope. Just another example of restrictions on builders. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I really want this feature in game, but hey you can't always get what you want. (Actually tell that to the toddler crowd).
  • Options
    If your using the cheat code you should be able to do it. Doesn't make sense :s
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Same with windows. Even with MOO, you can't move them off the snap. I wanted to use columns to make it look like bunk beds weren't just floating, but you just can't. And you can't center windows in walls the way you want. I've scrapped entire builds simply because not being able to line things up correctly throws off the look of the build. :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    I really want this feature in game, but hey you can't always get what you want. (Actually tell that to the toddler crowd).

Maybe if you ask long enough you will also get what you want :)
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

I am part of the toddler crowd but I also love building. I would love some updates for builders in the near future. I also wouldn't mind an all builders pack at some point. All we can do is voice our wishes and hope they hear us. I am hopeful.

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    mmt3363mmt3363 Posts: 385 Member
    Can you adjust the height of columns with MOO? At least for household items, that's been my work around to the annoying snapping. Not sure if it would work for columns though. :/
  • Options
    What is MOO? At first I thought it was a typo for MOD lol...
  • Options
    JaciJadeJaciJade Posts: 1,078 Member
    MOO is moveobjects on..so you can place objects closer together than the normal grid allows. Also, you can angle things differently.

To use.. type testingcheatsenabled on... then bb.moveobjects on

Thank you EA and thank you Maxis..we got our babies back, Yay!
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It means the cheat code bb. Moveobjects on
  • Options
    Oh ok, yes I know that cheat code...I didn't know that was the abbrev.
  • Options
    sydneym2001sydneym2001 Posts: 1 New Member
    Didn’t know who didn’t know this yet but you can download custom content decoration pillars in the sims four and find them in roof decorations that can be placed anywhere on the grid with the alt key! Happy simming!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    It's great you're helping but considering this thread is quite old I'm going to go ahead and close it off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top