Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Lyra is so innocent yet so knowledgeable. I really like her voice! Poor Anders still affected by what happened with Ham so long ago. Hopefully he will be able to help his Granddaughter.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @haswh It's a very different type of innocence from Velvet's somehow! She's very clever and quick to pick up on things, despite being a...fish out of water. (Sorry! LOL.)

Anders will definitely do his best. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    SassieSassie Posts: 293 Member
    edited September 2019
    @WagonFruit LOL, all in due time!
    In this case Anders has time on his side!

And Lyra's voice! <3 She reminds me a bit of a Spaniard speaking English with the 'yes?' at the end of her sentences.
    Currently playing the Abbott household (4th generation now: Theo).
  • Options
    @Sassie Sassie!

Anders may spend a lot of time dwelling on the negatives of being a vampire, but eternal youth has its positives too. ;)

Ha, I've heard various impressions as to what Lyra's accent could be closest to! I don't make any direct comparisons though--I like letting people "hear" whatever comes to mind naturally.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    "...like I'm coral in a bowl of kelp" :joy: I love Lyra's descriptions! :heart: Favorite character is a toss-up between her and Cosette this gen.

I am hooked here to see how things play out between Anders and Hamlet. Clearly still some baggage that Anders is carrying around there.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow Her descriptions make perfect sense! ...To another mer-person, anyway. Cosette has some stiff competition!

Anders will probably chill out a bit--eventually... :#
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    They make sense for sure :wink: They also make me laugh. Which is much needed for me right now. So, thank you for that. :smile:

Cosette still has time to get to the first place again, because we don't hear from Lyra very often. lol. Excited to see what's next.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow Aww, hope you're not going through too tough a time! <3

And Cosette acts prettttty immature next chapter, so Lyra may swim into first place without a problem. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Depends on how entertaining Cosette's immaturity is... :naughty:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Minty1992Minty1992 Posts: 616 Member
    Maybe Dr Anders needs to administer his "long and thick and cold like eel" to Lyra (when she is of age) >:)

I mean just look at when he administered it to her mother, she later became a mermaid. :D
    cropped-title-screen-1.png
    My Disney Legacy!

• Options
    @GlacierSnow I'll let you be the judge. ;)

@Minty1992 Hmm, Lyra's already a mermaid, so maybe she'll turn into something else--like a kraken or a shark. 🤔
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Now I really want a kraken mermaid. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Cosette and Xan are totally playing it cool...

K91Yeah.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    This love square is becoming so deliciously petty and fun :naughty: We’ve caught a glimpse of Cosette and Xan getting closer (while still being incredibly jealous hehe), hoping we will see the same Monday with Rosaline and Rowan... Then eager to see what events will unfold to push the opposite pairings back together (hehe we know it’s gotta happen sooner or later!) Let the shipping rollercoaster ride begin! :joy::naughty: (okay, it kinda already has, but I’m ready for more loops and twists :naughty: And hopefully it won’t crash and go off the rails by the end :grimace: )

PS: but on a serious note, it does make me really sad to see at the end there how much this has damaged Xan and Rowan’s relationship :( They seemed pretty close before (even talking about chest-fruits together, apparently? :joy:) That’s the part of the love square I’m dreading... how badly this is probably gonna ruin things between those two, and the sisters too... Can’t they all just join Xan’s harem together and call it good :bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    I just love all these kiddos SO MUCH :bawling:
    And I love watching them square (ehehe) off with one another.
    And I love that I can relate to all this teenagery behaviour LOL
    Ah, they'll be fine in the end! (WON'T THEY?? O..O)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Ahh, kids will be kids. I'm looking forward to Rosaline's chapter on Monday. But this is a roller coaster that will follow them into adulthood, for better or worse... Enjoy the carefree teen years while they last!

And yeah, Xan and Rowan were pretty close... Maybe they'll get over it--but maybe not...

@WagonFruit <3<3 I'm glad bb!

I'm having a lot of fun with the teenagery behavior, rofl. And I know plenty of adults who can be just as petty, but hopefully these kids will grow out of it~ They'll be fine! Probably.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::joy::naughty:

Very well executed, this chapter! The strutting up and down in front of the other couple, talking in loud voices about how awesome their own relationship is, is so very classically adolescent. :tongue: Made me laugh from start to finish, so Cosette got just an edge on Lyra in the GlacierSnow Favorites Contest this round. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    Ya, that's true, lots of petty attention seeking 'adults' out there too :(

CAN I JUST ADD

I love that Cosette n Xan both wear light up shoes :mrgreen:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow LOL, thank you!! <3 Glad you found Cosette's immaturity to be entertaining after all! ;) This was one of my favorite Cosette chapters, I think--it's just peak adolescence, like you said.

Lyra wouldn't begrudge Cosette first place, at least, LOL.

@WagonFruit OMG, I never would've found those shoes if not for Cement. I love them and the way they light up, LOL.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    edited September 2019
    Typical teenagers trying to make each other jealous! :D But I wonder if Cosette is really happy or any of them for that matter. This will be a fun ride to see how this all pans out! :)
    Edit to say I really enjoyed your perspective on this chapter @WagonFruit! :)
  • Options
    @haswh Hmm, yeah, Cosette doesn't seem super happy despite what she says, does she? 🤔 Glad you're enjoying the ride though. <3 The teen arc is probably my favorite this gen.

uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Aww, tyu @haswh :kissing_heart:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    I think the teen arc is coming out so well in this gen because you are more fully invested in it as its own story, instead of just as a step on the way to them becoming adults. I'm loving it! :heart:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • Options
    @GlacierSnow That makes me really happy to hear! The teen arc is already making me think about how I'll approach the beginning of next gen--if I do another gen, of course. :scream:
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    :smiley::heart::smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg