The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    I love all the insite of Lysander's backstory it really fleshes him out as a character although there is nothing wrong with being eye candy ;)
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Loved that chapter. And to hear of Lysanders growing love of Bianca. But what happened to their father after he looked for Penny?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    I love all the insite of Lysander's backstory it really fleshes him out as a character although there is nothing wrong with being eye candy ;)

Bianca doesn't think there's anything wrong with Lysander being eye candy either. ;)
    Loved that chapter. And to hear of Lysanders growing love of Bianca. But what happened to their father after he looked for Penny?

I'm so glad to hear that, thank you! It's such an odd chapter comparatively that I was worried it'd stand out, but I felt it was necessary. And their father will come up again in a future chapter, so that should answer your question!

Behind-the-scenes notes: Mama and Papa Lyons are actually from my main family in another save file, but I temporarily abandoned it due to some really annoying toddler patch bugs. (I matched up the whole town--almost all of the characters in Fangs for the Memories are children of my families in that save--and the most annoying bug to me was everyone growing up with the "sweet" toddler voice. Even though you can change it later, I had too many kids in town to worry about!) Papa Lyons is also secretly an alien who scientist Mama Lyons hooked up with (for science!), and I had to edit the kids' skin tones so they wouldn't be, well, blue. And no, the alien DNA isn't going to come up in the story!

Here's Lysander's baby pic:
    hxyGINH.png

Papa Lyons was a game-generated townie who had the evil trait. I forgot about that and when I was taking screenshots for this last chapter I was like, OKAY, WHO SMASHED THE DOLLHOUSE? ...And then I remembered who I was dealing with.
    uduVcAP.png
    Lol! Great background info. No wonder Lysander and Papa have those cool shaped eyes. Glad you could use all those kids for your story. A great idea.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Just wanted to link to the lots I've been using in the story. The houses are all much prettier before I uglify them for story purposes.

Steeplehome, aka the Lyons home that my friend suppland made. It has the cutest little tower with a small bedroom that I used for mini-Penny.

Gothic Haunted House/the original version of the Blackwell estate, which I downloaded off the gallery before the vampire pack came out. It's really beautiful--the original has a hedge maze and all sorts of creepy things that make it feel haunted.

Another build by suppland that I haven't used yet but probably will soon, a really eerie chapel crypt that's perfect for a loner vampire. There's a coffin in the basement, and the main floor has a whole abandoned church theme going on, it's fantastic.

The Birdsong brothers' house with the facade and The Old Salt Warehouse that Byron "performed" at, both of which I linked to previously.

I'm responsible for Penny and the twins' awful apartment. At least it's supposed to be awful!

My next update might be a couple days away, since I'm in the midst of setting up my new PC and getting everything transferred and configured. I'm trying to slowly wean myself off of my old one, but it's like an old shoe! It's comfortable.
    uduVcAP.png
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    It was very interesting to see Lysander's story, thoughts and feelings. Can't wait to see what happens next!
    Thanks, @anaitapeva! After a number of technical difficulties that bizarrely had nothing to do with my computer, I've got a new chapter up:

I know, I know, everyone probably wanted a Penny or Lysander chapter instead, but I'm a cruel storyteller...
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Eee!! where do I even begin? (Squealing exclamations apparently)...I'm not at all disappointed it wasn't a Lysander or Penny chapter; Byron always delivers! (Or you always deliver a Byron? Idk where I was going with that.)
    Firstly, poor Bianca, clearly heartbroken, so sad to see her diminished. :'(
    Loving Daya's Byron obsession...and his obliviousness; sweet, sweet, naive Byron. “I don’t think it’s possible to like you any more than I already do, Master Blackwell.” D'awwe!
    Sorry though, Daya; you cannot have him! He is for Penny!
    And a surprise ship! Reed/Mina (Rina? Meed?...lol, I like Meed) it's always fun to see what getup they've got on...the doctor/patient combo was awesome; does this mean they are going to go off an 'play doctor'? ;)
    Well done you! <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @WagonFruit Yay, I'm glad you liked it! It's funny, I was tempted to skip ahead to Penny and follow that storyline...but no, Byron and Bianca have their own stuff going on that will matter later.

And
    Reed and Mina were fun to write about (and dress up). They may or may not be playing doctor sometime soon. ;)
    And if you look at screenshots from past chapters, some of them with Daya and Byron (especially at the party) have her lurking behind him. It's a shame that Byron's so oblivious and Daya is really not good at expressing emotions, or the past century might've gone differently for them.

Bianca will be next! And then Penny...but wow, I spent way too long trying to get my screenshots embedded into WordPress. I downloaded this free word processor (I was using Word on my old computer) and for some reason the formatting was interfering with the images posting properly, but I think I've gotten that hammered out. Phew, that was more of an ordeal than actually taking the screenshots!
    uduVcAP.png
    edited February 2017
    Oh Byron! Since he's my favorite character in this story, I was over the moon to read his perspective. Daya has a little crush on Byron and Bianca is literally crushed about Lysander.

I love how Byron is going about his research. Hmm...I wonder what he could possibly do that he thinks would impress Penny. I cannot wait for the next chapter as always!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    As anxious a we all are to see the fallout from The Revelation, I'm glad you resisted the urge to skip Byron/Bianca!
    Meed babies would be so beautiful ;) I wonder if Graham would agree?
    I have to say I missed the Daya lurking around Byron thing...gah! (I bet @pammiechick noticed; pammiechick notices everything. :p )
    I'm still #TeamBenny though; sorry Daya!
    Other than The Annoying Things to Figure Out, and Massive Amounts of Downloading of the Things that inevitably comes along with new computers, I hope you're loving the new machine!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Hello LadyLobster!
    I started reading your story today and I just wanted to let you know that I CANT WAIT FOR MORE!
    Really had some good laughs. I like Byron a lot but also all the other characters. :)
    The text he send to Penny was hilarious lol.
    @pammiechick You'll find out Byron's Grand Plan in the next chapter! And I'm happy to hear Byron is your favorite. I'm actually not sure who my favorite is, since they're all fun to write in different ways and I really have started to think of them as my kids (or at least weird but strangely lovable family members). Now I'm really curious as to who everyone else's favorite character is!

@WagonFruit I agree with you. ;) Graham probably would agree, at least until he was annoyed by the smells and sounds. And I am loving my new PC! It took a couple days to adjust to a 1440p monitor that's bigger than my last 1080p one, and then I spent a couple hours downloading TS4 and moving it back and forth from my SSD to my HDD, trying to decide if the load times were noticeably faster on the SSD. And then I had to mess with the anti-aliasing settings since with this new video card, black lines will appear around sims' mouths if you have edge-smoothing enabled in-game. I tried to get around that by messing with the Nvidia Control Panel and setting things up there, but I think too many jaggies are getting through. I'll keep messing with it.

@Keks_Milch I'm glad my story has been making you laugh! I tend to run jokes into the ground. Shamelessly. Thank you for reading!
    uduVcAP.png
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    I just got caught back up! Amazing writing as always! I'm super excited to see what happens next :)
  • MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    So much happened here! First I never expected Lysander and Penny to be siblings neither did I think that the models were vampires. I am so curious what is going on with them. Then Lysander's chapter was really making me like him more.
    Now I am a bit worried about Bianca. If she isn't attacking Graham something must be terrible wrong :/
    Thank you, @IchigoUsagi! I guess there was a lot to catch up on...and after I swore I'd space my posts out more... I'm going to try harder, I swear!

@Marialein You're right, something's definitely wrong with Bianca if she isn't absolutely murderous in Graham's presence. ;) Well, hopefully things will get better for everyone soon, right?
    uduVcAP.png
    Update tomorrow!

Has anyone else accidentally killed one of their sims after changing their moods for story purposes? "Oh, what's the Grim Reaper doing in the middle of this shot--oh." I accidentally offed a major character (don't worry, they made a full recovery...!) while taking screenshots for the chapter after this next one.

Any guesses as to who bit the dust? >:) I'll include that screenshot after the accompanying chapter is posted!
    uduVcAP.png
    edited February 2017
    Update tomorrow!

Has anyone else accidentally killed one of their sims after changing their moods for story purposes? "Oh, what's the Grim Reaper doing in the middle of this shot--oh." I accidentally offed a major character (don't worry, they made a full recovery...!) while taking screenshots for the chapter after this next one.

Any guesses as to who bit the dust? >:) I'll include that screenshot after the accompanying chapter is posted!

Yes...I've killed Antonio, Knight, and his brother Kyle. Not sure if you're using MCCC, but it's easy to put their emotions back to fine once you're done with the shot. That's what I'm doing. Haven't had a death in months.

I bet you killed Bianca! Snort! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hah! Not as yet...but I am very lazy and mostly just narrate what happens instead of creating situations!

My guess is also Bianca!

FzWOQ8X.jpg

Yes...I've killed Antonio, Knight, and his brother Kyle. Not sure if you're using MCCC, but it's easy to put their emotions back to fine once you're done with the shot. That's what I'm doing. Haven't had a death in months.

I bet you killed Bianca! Snort! :D

Well, at least I'm in good company! I'm somehow not surprised those three died. Was it anger? Because I can totally see that. And anger was what got my sim too... I am using MCCC (and couldn't live without it, seriously--especially for story progression), so I try to change the moods to fine as often as possible so everyone doesn't have those inappropriate smiles all the time. I thought I heard of a mod that gets rid of the well-decorated happiness buff, but I don't think it's been updated in a while and I hear it might conflict with recent patches.
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Hah! Not as yet...but I am very lazy and mostly just narrate what happens instead of creating situations!

I kind of miss doing game-driven stories, so I'm envious. It was fun! I'm still waiting for some bugs to be fixed before I really get back into playing the game again, though.

And it's funny that you both guessed Bianca. When I've made her mad in the past, she HULKED OUT and started draining random people of their plasma. She got Mina once and left her slumped on the floor...
    uduVcAP.png
    The next chapter arrives!

Next up...Penny!
    uduVcAP.png
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    I'm worried for Byron, but at the same time want to seee what he's capable of on his own.
    Glad Bianca isn't settling for Graham she moves out maybe find someone else for plot convenience and later drama :D
    So...both will be leaving. Wonder if Bianca will find Lysander? I hope so! I love the way Graham calls Bianca, "Bee". I'd ship them if it weren't for Lysander. ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    It was a great relief to get inside Bianca's head; things are not as bad as they seem from Byron's perspective!
    I love how she goes on and on about things she likes to minimize in her own mind...Lysander...her feelings...base human proclivities...I have to wonder if she's actively trying to convince herself, or if she's just shockingly lacking in self-awareness.
    I'm excited to see where this newfound independence will take the siblings! Bianca especially, I can't even fathom what a Bianca out in the world would look like. :#
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    I'm worried for Byron, but at the same time want to seee what he's capable of on his own.

I'm sure it won't be easy for him, but I hope that makes it more fun to watch. ;)
    So...both will be leaving. Wonder if Bianca will find Lysander? I hope so! I love the way Graham calls Bianca, "Bee". I'd ship them if it weren't for Lysander. ;)

Sometimes I almost ship them too. Almost. Bianca wouldn't appreciate it, but...
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    It was a great relief to get inside Bianca's head; things are not as bad as they seem from Byron's perspective!
    I love how she goes on and on about things she likes to minimize in her own mind...Lysander...her feelings...base human proclivities...I have to wonder if she's actively trying to convince herself, or if she's just shockingly lacking in self-awareness.

I think it's a little from column A, a little from column B. ;)

The next chapter is...well, it sure is a chapter. It's actually finished, but I'm not sure whether to post it Tuesday or Wednesday. I'm trying to space things out more!
    uduVcAP.png