Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    This story keeps getting better and better! You have a great talent for weaving humour into your writing. I enjoyed the whole conversation between Byron and Penny in the basement.

Byron is so adorably awkward! :) I laughed when I saw his green flip-flops.

I wonder why Lysander keeps staring at Penny! Either he has a crush on her or he's suspicious of her. Bianca doesn't look happy at all.

Are we going to hear from Lysander's POV in the future?
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @pammiechick What should that ship be called? Penron? I don't think Penny has any idea she's got a shiny new boarding pass for that ship herself. And she doesn't even know he's a vampire yet...

@Marmalade27 Thank you! I try to balance humor and heart. Originally, I was going to try to write a more serious story, but my innate goofiness got the best of me. Or maybe it's the goofiness of the characters. Either way, I'm enjoying how it's unfolding!

And yes, you will hear from Lysander's POV in the future, though it might be a little while. It's hard to get much of a read on him when he keeps everything to himself...
    uduVcAP.png
    edited February 2017
    And the next chapter is...
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @LadyLobster
    @pammiechick What should that ship be called? Penron?

Byry...the spelling is horrendously awkward but it sounds like Barry when you say it out loud :D

FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2017
    Graham...another great character! I can't get enough! There was a lot of sexual tension there...Ship!!

(I don't know why but I still think Isla and Darius are vampires. But poor ones. And Graham doesnt recognize her because she's not from Forgotten Hollow and she's great at disguises.)

As for the PennyByron ship, that's a toughie...I don't like Penron because it sounds like Enron, a hated oil company. Penby? Bypen? Bynny...that looks cute. Sort of like bunny!

@WagonFruit Another ship name...the spelling is like a fairy! Ha!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Graham and Daya never going to be a dull moment with these two :D
  • TaraIris94TaraIris94 Posts: 552 Member
    This has quickly become one of my new favorite stories! It's hard to believe that this is your first simlit- you're really great at writing! I love that you update it so often :) I think you have the perfect mix of drama and humor. Keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more updates.
    I love all those ship names, you two! Penron was mostly a joke, since it does sound so sinister. It's almost appropriate, because vampires, but no. ;)

And I won't confirm or deny your guesses, @pammiechick. But there could be something going on there...
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Graham and Daya never going to be a dull moment with these two :D

Despite Daya's seemingly boring personality, she's never dull when she's around Graham. >:)

@TaraIris94 I'm so happy to hear that! I was really worried at first, since I was like, Oh, am I doing this right? Is there a right way to do SimLit? But I love that there are seemingly infinite ways to approach it, and that no one approach is considered the "correct" one. I'm grateful for all the feedback I've received so far, so thank you to everyone who's taken the time to post in this thread or on WordPress!

It's funny, I got the itch to try my hand at SimLit after reading pammiechick's when I first started using the forums, but I wasn't really sure what I wanted to write about. I know a lot of people want their Sims games to be as realistic as possible, but I need me some supernaturals when I'm playing. I'll start a generation that's completely normal, and it inevitably devolves into genie-mermaid-fairy relations a generation or two later.

And then came the vampire pack... When I was trying to climb out of New Member Plumland, I'd jokingly posted in a "what kind of jobs will your vampire have?" thread and said that my vampire would be a comedian who exclusively told vampire puns in his act. I'd thought to myself, ha, yeah right, like I'd ever actually get around to playing that.

And then Fangs for the Memories was born...
    uduVcAP.png
    Here's the next chapter:
    The next update probably won't be until next week, but I hope you enjoy this one!
    uduVcAP.png
    edited February 2017
    Ohhh...my poor baby, Byron. Darn-it-all those thieves, Isla and Darius...but then, I wonder if Lysander was saving Penny...

And sorry, I'll take Byron's goofiness over Lysander's smolder any day...

Gah! Can't wait for the next chapter!
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Oh wow another update! *glee*
    Things are getting very messy very quickly! Poor sweet Byron; you hang in there boo, I'm pretty sure Penny and her face-spots like you more!

Bianca was rather darling, wasn't she.

Random thought: You know what we'd never see coming? Darius ends up with Count Vlad. :o (whaaaat?!)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Penny don't get on the bad side they can eat you! I think Lysander maybe on to Penny!
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Penny don't get on the bad side they can eat you! I think Lysander maybe on to Penny!

Hmm..I didn't think of that...I just thought he was protecting her, but you're probably right. He loves Bianca and as a human, he can detect a thief. **claps** I'm so in awe of your intuition!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    A new chapter!

There might be a couple of visual continuity errors. Shhh.
    uduVcAP.png
    Oh my Bianca! She looks so sad closet eating sucking that plasma pack in the kitchen...my heart breaks for her just a little!
    I loved hearing her wax poetic about her support of Lysander and "Benny"; Bianca really is a big sweetheart in her own way <3 (so long as it doesn't threaten her, lol).
    But poor Byron! *hugs Byron* Don't be bleary eyed! You'll make me bleary eyed!
    Can't wait for the next one! *pins and needles*
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Benny! Ha! That's definitely the new ship name! (For Byron and Penny). Now I really can't wait for the next chapter...ugh...waiting is so hard!

Trying to think...Lysander probably caught the thieves somehow, but I have no clue what might happen to him when he's faced with them. Eek!

Bianca's interest in Lysander and his "Benny" was too cute. :p
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    I loved hearing her wax poetic about her support of Lysander and "Benny"; Bianca really is a big sweetheart in her own way <3 (so long as it doesn't threaten her, lol).

"So long as it doesn't threaten her" being the operative words. ;)
    Trying to think...Lysander probably caught the thieves somehow, but I have no clue what might happen to him when he's faced with them. Eek!

I love reading everyone's speculation, though it's so hard not to post and confirm/deny! All will be revealed next chapter...this is officially the last of the unbirthday party chapters. And now I guess Benny has to be the new ship name!

I'd actually considered skipping right ahead to the next chapter, forgoing my usual Byron-Bianca order, but I decided to be patient and backtrack a little bit. Bianca needs her own chapter of silliness before the plot advances! And advance it will. >:)

I'll definitely have a new post up tomorrow, barring some kind of disaster.
    uduVcAP.png
    What happened to Penny and Lysander? Find out in...

Enjoy!
    uduVcAP.png
    What! Well I did nit see Penny being Lysander's little sister that's for sure :D cool twist! Oh I hope they're not going to just forget about him because he left under mysterious circumstances!
    @LadyLobster
    Whaaat! I did not see that coming! I can't wait to see Penny's reaction.
    Isla and Darius...the humanity is looking more and more unlikely; either way, what's their game?
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Ahhh...I called it!
    ! Isla and Darius are vampires!

But the bigger twist! Penny is Lysander's sister! Yay! What a trip!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    Wow, that was an unexpected twist!! :o They do share some common facial features but none of us readers noticed the similarities before! You had me convinced Lysander was interested in Penny romantically!

I can't wait to see Bianca's reaction when she finds out the truth!
    I'm so glad I caught people by surprise with that twist! I was sure at least one of you had figured it out already...I couldn't wait to post this last chapter.

And you'll all get more information about Isla and Darius soon-ish! The next chapter is from a never-before-seen point-of-view and will be posted tomorrow, so that should be interesting. You all can probably guess whose it is!
    uduVcAP.png
    For the first time in the history of Fangs for the Memories...

I bring you...

Tonally, it's pretty different from previous chapters, but I hope it still fits!
    uduVcAP.png