The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @LadyLobster: "Orlando Denies Paternity" is my fave sequel/prequel (?) idea. Or the twins making a discovery. :grimace:

Also Jesus what kind of people do you and @WagonFruit remember a bunch of teenage Axels, pass-
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    It’s interesting — we’ve all been so focused on worrying about Ellie and Lani. But this chapter has got me worried about Ellie and Caspian too. She seemed to actually like him (and part of me really wants to believe she at least kind of liked Anders in a friendly sort of way, but I’m probably fooling myself :joy:)

I’m hoping this doesn’t lead to isolation for poor Ellie after all this. She’s potentially losing the only three friends she ever had! Though perhaps there could still be hope for her and Lani once her dad calms down. I’m sure she will never see Caspian or Anders again after this. Well, as long as she’s under her dad’s roof, at least :grimace:

I look forward to the next time we have an update on how Ellie’s doing!
    snvAF3B.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    LOL!
    Phew, good to know I wasn't the worst obsessive teenager to have ever been born :#

Luckily I'm now too full of contempt for such shenanigans ;)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    At first Caspian is so smitten with Ham I was worried for him. Now I hope he will be able to move on a bit easier. Hopefully with someone his age. I love how he is so close to his brother and despite how he acts Anders real field is not being a butler. Maybe that's more Caspian's style.

Great update! <3
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @haswh Don't meet your heroes, as they say! Especially if your heroes are also your friend's dad and also your crush? Benny was pretty obsessive over "Leonidas," his first crush, too. But Caspian is much more realistic, fortunately. I'm glad you like the Lyons brothers' relationship!!
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Aww...well one teen crush crushed. :bawling:

Cute rainbows, Daisy! #1 Mom Award!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Agreed @pammiechick ! And Leopold is a really wonderful and supportive dad too! :heart: I’m certain he’d understand if Anders tried opening up to him!

Can they please adopt me? Anders and Caspian have totally always wanted a sister, right? ;):joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    @pammiechick Being a teenager ain't great sometimes. I had fun cc-shopping for Daisy though! <3

@CitizenErased14 LOL, Daisy wanted all the kids. I can't believe Anders was almost an only child. :scream: I would've given them 8 if it wouldn't have broken my game and my story...
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    FYI I'm still mad you didn't give them 8; Pili face rn: :|
    True story.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    Okay, taking that as a “yes” to the adoption request then! *packs up a suitcase and Gilly* (would she get gourmet dog food now? :scream: )
    snvAF3B.png
    @WagonFruit I'm sorry, pls don't hurt me. <3<3

@CitizenErased14 Oh man, I kind of really wanted Daisy to adopt a greyhound and constantly overfeed it because she thinks it's too skinny.
    uduVcAP.png
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Ahh Daisy and Leo <3 I want Daisy to adopt me, with those kind of meals my inner Jabba could become an outer reality! Loved this chapter with the teen crushes and reading through the comments about others crushes lol. I may have been an odd kid (no! really?) I just remember crushing massively on Wharf from Star Trek (What can I say I was such a nerd...am such a nerd...) Like Caspian though you come to realize that your hero's just don't measure up in real life no matter how bendy and colourful they are. Loving the piggy placement on the nekkid Hamlet, I always get a kick out of the censorship lol. I reckon though Caspian would forgive him anything once he'd cooled down, though someone should give him a show and tell on how a body ages, I mean even if you take care of it and pump up every day of your life, you get to a certain age, your skin tone isn't the same and you look like a bag of walnuts. That'd pretty much cure that... As for Anders, I just want to take him to one side and give him a lesson on how to stand up for yourself, I like the fact he didn't fight back, but the lad needs boundaries... Incidentally Caspian is gorgeous with those green eyes...how could any man in his right mind resist?
    @Bloosmoo ROFL, Daisy would be happy to oblige. <3 I'm pretty sure she cooks for 800. LOL, most of my crushes were fictional too, I was also a very odd kid (SURPRISE) so I get it. Glad you enjoy the fine art of Fangs censorship. ;)

Aww, Caspian probably would forgive Hamlet in time, but it doesn't seem like he'll interact with him for the foreseeable future. "Bag of walnuts," omg. Well, Leo seems like the type to love Daisy no matter how old and wrinkly she gets, so maybe walnut texture wouldn't bother Caspian so much either, rofl. Anders absolutely does need to stand up for himself though, in multiple ways...maybe it's the butler in him? Well, the butler he doesn't want to be...
    uduVcAP.png
    edited August 2018
    Velvet gets into trouble...

MEAxZji.png
    uduVcAP.png
    Congrats on getting your bone, Velvet! (oh god context matters nevermind this-)

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited August 2018
    @InfraGreen She likes various meat-flavored ones for birthdays and holidays.
    uduVcAP.png
    I love this child and her father so much :bawling: And I really love their relationship too. It obviously helps very much that Velvet is a dog-girl of course haha But it’s sweet to see how much she loves him (and how much he loves her in return!)

They have Primrose 2.0 now, but it was just the two of them for such a long time, and I feel like that created a really special bond between them :heart:

But, all that being said, I’m so glad he’s giving Velvet this opportunity! :heart: It further shows what a great dad he is.

HGR and Velvet offer an interesting sort of parallel to Ham and Ellie. Two very quirky and headstrong girls who have some kind of “condition” (for lack of a better word) that makes life a little harder for them... and a very loving and overprotective father taking care of them.

But where HGR is learning to let go, Ham still holds on tight. I really hope he can learn to do the same with Ellie someday.

Sorry for that weird and lengthy analysis. I haven’t had my coffee yet :joy:
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 Who doesn't like a dog-girl! (Cat people?) HGR has no regrets dognapping his own pup.

And LOL, HGR and Hamlet definitely have different approaches to single fatherhood--well, it's hard to say what HGR's situation is, exactly. And HGR is still leery of letting Velvet be around other witches in warlocks, but he still gives Velvet more independence.

We'll see how things go with Ham though...
    uduVcAP.png
    Ham just needs to let Ellie go to Magic Mermaid school. Problem solved! ;)

Oh and I forgot to mention how perfect it is that Dr. Puck, of all people, is the one behind this magic school. ;)
    snvAF3B.png
    @CitizenErased14 Dr. Puck has his fingers in a lot of pies...!
    uduVcAP.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Dr. Puck always helping people and in so many ways! Gotta love him! <3

I hope that Velvet gets to go to school soon she really does need to broaden her horizons a bit. Spending time trying to eat bones is not going to get her through real life. She is making progress toward not being as much of a dog-ter and moving towards being a bit more of a daughter although I don't think it will ever fully go away.

Mr. Ashes taking her home by the collar was great! She really annoys him. I don't think him flirting with Primrose will go over very well with HGR when he finds out! :scream:

Great chapter! <3<3 When is Lani's and or Ellie's chapter??? <3 I so love them, well Lani a bit more!! <3 But what is Lani without her sidekick?!?!
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Of course Valerian was one of THOSE students.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Razz has such a way with words, but I guess he can get by on his looks. I loved Velvet's broom lessons.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Razz has such a way with words, but I guess he can get by on his looks. I loved Velvet's broom lessons.

I never thought that the "flying vacuum cleaner" reward from TS3 was what I'd miss (it was fun though!) but what I'd give for actual dog Velvet to refuse to use one and bark at it. Granted, HGR is a traditionalist anyways. :p

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @haswh Dr. Puck is a very mysterious (and apparently helpful) dude!

And Velvet probably would make more progress if she had some better socialization, which she definitely would at the school. Will she be awkward among the other students? Almost definitely. But still, she should be around people her own age.

LOL, Rexx has zero patience for Velvet--possibly even less than Valerian does, since at least he tried to look out for her.

Hmm, Lani's chapter is Friday next week!

@SeaDragonSong Hope you still like him. ;)<3

@MVWdeZT His looks do him way, way more favors than his pick-up lines, that's for sure. Glad you enjoyed the broom lessons. <3
    uduVcAP.png