Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    @LadyLobster You can never have enough vampires! And, yeah, I need more life states!
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    Awesome chapter! I love the abandoned warehouse setting you have there :)
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    pronterus wrote: »
    Awesome chapter! I love the abandoned warehouse setting you have there :)

Thank you! I found that while searching for 30x30 nightclub lots for San Myshuno--here it is on the gallery. It's really neat inside, though I didn't get to show off much of it. Perfect for what I needed! All I added was the makeshift stage and the cinnamon roll poster, to make things more embarrassing for Byron.

I actually spent some time renovating and redecorating an apartment for use in a future chapter, which was fun. When it comes to building, I need to learn to start small! When I first got the game a month or so ago, instead of working on a reasonably sized starter home to get a feel for the tools and all the build/buy mode stuff, I decided I had to make an enormous penthouse:

vZVl0nD.png

What is it? Why is it? Needless to say, it's still sitting empty and I never finished it! Maybe someday, if I have too much time on my hands...but it doesn't look like the kind of place vampires would hang out in, ever. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2017
    Love the mysterious androgynous girl! Can't wait to see more of her. The banter between her and Byron made me laugh. But I worry how Bianca will react to her not to mention the mystery neighbor. Is it wise for a human to go to Forgotten Hollow?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @pammiechick I don't think any of my characters are really good at doing the whole wise, rational thing. But surely she and Bianca will be the best of friends, no matter their differences, right? Bianca's unbeating heart practically verflows with compassion for all the pitiful creatures of the world...
    uduVcAP.png
    edited March 2017
    Post edited by LadyLobster on
    uduVcAP.png
    Great chapter! Is it just me or is Graham hilarious? And Daya's monotone is great, as well :)
  • pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    My favorite character so far is probably Graham :lol:
    Great chapter! Is it just me or is Graham hilarious? And Daya's monotone is great, as well :)

Graham is incredibly fun to write--the chapter almost turned out to be much longer, but I figured that was a reasonable place to stop before Bianca burned down the entire house. There's plenty more time for his shenanigans! Daya is the sole (monotonous) voice of reason in his household, so she's a fun foil too.
    pronterus wrote: »
    My favorite character so far is probably Graham :lol:

Don't tell any of my other characters, but he might be my favorite too. I couldn't wait to finally introduce him!
    uduVcAP.png
    edited March 2017
    uduVcAP.png
    Uh oh, Penny's roommates seem like trouble! But in a good, on the edge of my seat kind of way.
    edited March 2017
    I'm going to be posting the rest of my chapters on WordPress alone, since it's more fun than a barrel of plums trying to outsmart the filter here and it's a bit less work to post them on just one site.

Without further ado, here's the next chapter:
    uduVcAP.png
    Should I have sent her tiny pictures of pants and cheeseburgers instead?

I love this. It's just one of the most beautiful sentences I've ever seen. It doesn't even need context to be hilarious.
    I love/adore Byron! And I truly ship him with Penny.
    That said, I have a prediction: it looks as if Isla and Darius could be vampires...just my suspicious mind.

Maybe I got lost in the chapters, but why did Bianca visit Graham? It seemed like she gave him fruitcake and left. Was she fulfilling an obligation because he just moved in?

I feel sorry for Lysander but I'm officially Team Bisander at this point...until another ship comes along. I'm not sure if Lysander is in love with Bianca too.

Your writing is so well done! Lots of fun lines--Byron should be jealous of you. Ha! :D
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Should I have sent her tiny pictures of pants and cheeseburgers instead?

I love this. It's just one of the most beautiful sentences I've ever seen. It doesn't even need context to be hilarious.

Haha, Byron's insecurities are so much fun to write. Poor, poor Byron...

Maybe I got lost in the chapters, but why did Bianca visit Graham? It seemed like she gave him fruitcake and left. Was she fulfilling an obligation because he just moved in?

I feel sorry for Lysander but I'm officially Team Bisander at this point...until another ship comes along. I'm not sure if Lysander is in love with Bianca too.

Your writing is so well done! Lots of fun lines--Byron should be jealous of you. Ha! :D

You're exactly right about Bianca fruit-caking and leaving! I was actually wondering if that would be confusing, but she was basically reluctantly playing the role of Welcome Wagon. She's big on appearances and doing everything "properly," regardless of her personal wishes. She also probablyyy secretly wanted to get a look at Graham and show him how well she aged over the centuries, and that she's totally better off without him.

And thank you so much for the compliments! I'm really enjoying my first stab at SimLit, and the community is so welcoming and supportive, even to new people. I never thought I'd be doing this, but I'm so glad I did! I've already met so many great people and am reading really amazing stories.
    uduVcAP.png
    edited February 2017
    Here's the link to the next chapter:
    uduVcAP.png
    Awesome chapter! Misunderstandings are great, aren't they? Sometimes painful to watch, but great. :)
  • Marmalade27Marmalade27 Posts: 625 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'm really enjoying your story! :)

It's so obvious that Bianca has feelings for Lysander. I love this line: "Ah, yes, Lysander’s lovely physique…the highlight of each year was when I’d catch him gardening shirtless in spring a little after dawn, when any respectable vampiress would be cold in her coffin." I'm not sure how he feels about her though! He acts so serious and obedient that it's hard to tell.

I laughed so hard at Penny's thoughts about Byron: "He was really pasty, like he had jaundice or anemia or whatever makes someone look like they live in a basement". I wonder what her reaction will be when she finds out he's actually a vampire!

Can't wait to see what happens at the party!
    Post edited by Marmalade27 on
    Awesome chapter! Misunderstandings are great, aren't they? Sometimes painful to watch, but great. :)

It's even more fun when you cause them... >:) And in this case, I'm honestly not sure who's more at fault, Bianca or Byron. That's the fun of it!

@Marmalade27 I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Yeah, the only one who doesn't seem to realize how obvious it is is Bianca herself. Lysander, on the other hand, is a bit of a mystery.

And Byron technically sleeps in a basement (that's where all the coffins are!), so I guess Penny wasn't too far off... I'm looking forward to the party too. I'm sure everyone will have a blast! o:)
    uduVcAP.png
    Oh nooooo! Poor Lysander! I'm not sure if he likes Bianca but heaven help the man who infuriates a woman. He's in trouble. As well as Byron's crush. Now I really can't wait for that unbirthday party!

By the way, both Bianca and Byron's personalities are really fun and unique! I'm really enjoying them more and more with each chapter! Great job as always!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    By the way, both Bianca and Byron's personalities are really fun and unique! I'm really enjoying them more and more with each chapter! Great job as always!

I feel like a proud parent, thank you! I swear I'm almost starting to think of them both as my own nooboos--and I have this urge to ask them when they're going to have nooboos of their own. I'm so used to playing through successive generations in Sims rather than sticking with one for a long time that it feels a bit strange sticking with one generation for so long. On the save I was playing before this one, I think 2/3 of my town was ghosts with a population of over 250...but I really, really wanted to preserve the family tree for everyone in town, not just my active family!

And the unbirthday party will require some redecorating of the house and juggling all the party-goers, so I'm not sure when my next post will be. I'm looking forward to it, though! And not just because I'm sliiightly evil.

uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    This is absolutely magnificent simlit! I'm hooked, smitten, and utterly invested, and I can't decide what was more wonderful; Byron's flip flops or Bianca's phone background.

Looking forward to many more updates :D
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @WagonFruit Wow, such high praise, thank you! I'm enjoying writing this far more than I ever expected to, so there will probably be many updates to come. They're a very fun, weird bunch to write about, who give me plenty of material to work with. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
    It begins...

Here's the next chapter!
    uduVcAP.png
    Byron is so cute and Penny can't help but be drawn to him. That's why she's not running away. But as soon as Bianca gets a hold of her...as it is Lysander LOOKS like he's enamored with her.

Love how Penny describes Byron as a big puppy. Cute! I ship them so much!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg