September 20 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.

Loss of Club Points / Perks

«1
SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 219 SimQA
We are aware of an issue that may cause players to permanently lose their club points/perks.

We are working on a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by avoiding entering build mode on any lot through Manage Worlds (instead of from Live Mode).

If you do encounter the bug, do not save. If you do save after the bug occurs, you will have to either regain the points/perks manually, or revert to an older save (that has the club points/perks saved).

This post explains how to load older versions of save slots if you need to: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14302212#Comment_14302212

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Post edited by SimQARobo on

Comments

  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 2,891 Member
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,731 Member
    There's a free club perks mod that can help with restoring perks later. It's still working :)
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 1,996 Member
    Does unoccupied lots mean any community lot and unoccupied residental or only the latter. Thanks
  • TerminathanYTTerminathanYT Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks for posting :)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,385 Member
    Sooo this is supposed to convince people the clubs issue isn't as bad as it was the first time and it's ok to still go out and buy the new pack? I remember y'all came out with a fix for it last time right before Vintage came out. Why can't it be done this time?
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 1,995 Member
    I was gutted because I'd earned over 5000 perk points and was about to purge when the bug occurred. :'(
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Does unoccupied lots mean any community lot and unoccupied residental or only the latter. Thanks
    I would really like this clarified as well. With the new build mode items with the pack.. this bug is really disappointing
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sooo this is supposed to convince people the clubs issue isn't as bad as it was the first time and it's ok to still go out and buy the new pack? I remember y'all came out with a fix for it last time right before Vintage came out. Why can't it be done this time?
    I think because when VG came out, the clubs reset the moment you started the game. Which is why a lot of people avoided the game for a while
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

  • SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 219 SimQA
    @cherpar @CupcakeWitch

    It looks like the issue can occur when entering build mode of any lot through Manage Worlds (instead of from Live Mode) :(

    I've updated my original post.
  • elmo_gurl112elmo_gurl112 Posts: 776 Member
    This is so annoying, I didnt know there was a problem with this expansion if i had know I WOULD NOT have brought it when i did!! >.< I hope you can find a fix for this soon coz I want to play my game to the fullest
    74380e5da1dd5187bb2bc2f69eff1060.jpg
    MY ORIGIN ID: Midnight292
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    So basically we have to chose between sacrificing our clubs or not making new community lots? You can place new homes as long as you place a family on the lot first, but you can't make new community lots (but can update already placed ones, as long as you visit it with a family when entering build mode), right?

    There is no way to change the lot type from the standard residential to a community lot while in live mode, is there? At least you can change between the different community types while visiting.
  • nottinghillgatenottinghillgate Posts: 47 Member
    TriX0099 wrote: »
    So basically we have to chose between sacrificing our clubs or not making new community lots? You can place new homes as long as you place a family on the lot first, but you can't make new community lots (but can update already placed ones, as long as you visit it with a family when entering build mode), right?

    There is no way to change the lot type from the standard residential to a community lot while in live mode, is there? At least you can change between the different community types while visiting.

    The way I've been doing it is to start playing a family in live mode, visit a lot, then go into build mode to do whatever to it. If it is a residential lot, use the bb.enablefreebuild cheat and you'll be able to go into build mode and change it to a community lot.
    5ycao1.png
  • nottinghillgatenottinghillgate Posts: 47 Member
    I'm glad that an official announcement has finally been made on the forum, but at the same time it does seem a little late and given the timing (coinciding with new pack coming out) a little disingenuous...just hope that it'll be fixed soon.
    5ycao1.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 52,594 Member
    cherpar wrote: »
    Does unoccupied lots mean any community lot and unoccupied residental or only the latter. Thanks

    Yes. It happens to any lot type, so just don't go to build on a lot via Manage Worlds.
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    qOoX1JV.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 31,731 Member
    This is so annoying, I didnt know there was a problem with this expansion if i had know I WOULD NOT have brought it when i did!! >.< I hope you can find a fix for this soon coz I want to play my game to the fullest

    FWIW, this isn't a GP issue; it's the patch before it.
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,385 Member
    I'm glad that an official announcement has finally been made on the forum, but at the same time it does seem a little late and given the timing (coinciding with new pack coming out) a little disingenuous...just hope that it'll be fixed soon.

    My thoughts exactly.
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    What about the sims not moving their mouths glitch and the CAS zoom out glitch? Are these getting fixed too?
    tenor.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 4,385 Member
    XopaxPax wrote: »
    What about the sims not moving their mouths glitch and the CAS zoom out glitch? Are these getting fixed too?

    "We are working on a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by not having your sims talk to each other and not using CAS at all. If you do these things and save your game, you will need to revert to an old save. Here are
    instructions on how to load an old saved game."

    :D
    Origin & Gallery : ChazzzyGOAT | Simblr : ChazzzyGOAT
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,340 Member
    SimQARobo wrote: »
    We are aware of an issue that may cause players to permanently lose their club points/perks.

    We are working on a fix to prevent this from occurring in the future. In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by avoiding entering build mode on any lot through Manage Worlds (instead of from Live Mode).

    If you do encounter the bug, do not save. If you do save after the bug occurs, you will have to either regain the points/perks manually, or revert to an older save (that has the club points/perks saved).

    This post explains how to load older versions of save slots if you need to: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14302212#Comment_14302212

    Apologies for the inconvenience.

    Wow! Good thing I hadn't finished testing my mods yet - I have two different saves for mod and custom content testing, and one save for no custom content in use (which I use after each patch when mods and cc are disabled, but before I turn mods back on). The other 9 save slots I haven't touched since November or so.
  • HydrowHydrow Posts: 1 New Member
    It's nice to see that you guys are constantly fixing the game! :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 9,825 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hydrow wrote: »
    It's nice to see that you guys are constantly fixing the game! :)

    ... and constantly breaking what it was fixed earlier :p
  • valJCP81valJCP81 Posts: 34 Member
    I have not experienced this issue, but I am glad to know to be aware of it. Thanks
    1Luv <3
  • freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 167 Member
    -_- So clubs was working great for me, then suddenly every time I re-open the game I lose all purchased club perks! It's really annoying having to repurchase everything. A warning in a patch would have been nice so that I'd know not to play clubs.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,264 Member
    edited January 2017
    Should this be stickied @SimGuruDrake * edit: Never mind..I see that you just did.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • peterskywalkerpeterskywalker Posts: 464 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hopefully Thursday patch fixes this as well as some of the other big issues like cas zoom out. Also hope they get to run more smoothly like pre City Living patch
    sims%202%20banner_zpsjg39mmya.jpg
    True Love
    Terrific Family Play
    Tiny Toddlers
    The sims 2 forever
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top