Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't get it...please explain?

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
Ok so I haven't played much of The Sims 4 until more recently...One thing I don't get is the mood decor...
For example if something says focusing decor 9, how come my Sim gets a moodlet Focused +2? How come it doesn't say +9 and how come with having multiple decor items turned on they are not stacking? Shouldn't she be Very Focused or Extremely Focused? lol

I guess I just need some explanation on how mood decor works.

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    The item rating does not equal the aura strength in-game. The most you can normally expect is a +2 from one item. The in-game aura rating was changed in a patch some time ago but I guess the item rating in Build/Buy was never updated.

Also some emotion-aura items will also add to the 'Well Decorated' moodlet which is by default just a Happy emotion.

Emotion items will stack but it normally takes about a 13 rating to get a combined +3 in any one mood. Items have a 9 square radius zone too so they have to be all in that space and the sim, for the effect to happen.

Carl's got a guide here that covers the basics and if you search his forum there are many posts with quite in-depth info on the moods and auras etc .
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/emotions/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    Ok thank you, that makes sense.

To bad things cannot stack...would be nice to have all that focus when you are doing something with programming on the computer
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited January 2017
    ArilyBoo wrote: »

To bad things cannot stack...would be nice to have all that focus when you are doing something with programming on the computer

Sorry edited my 1st post. You can stack it just takes a bit of getting used to.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Ok thanks again!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    ArilyBoo wrote: »

If you have city living you can assign traits to all lots, and one of the traits is fast internet, which helps with work on the computer. I hope this helps.
    I already have that trait in the base game, I would like to get city living though.