Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @lisabee2 - Wanted to tell you that I so enjoyed your new chapter. I enjoyed it so much that I had to read it again! I love that your "speaker" was born in Murkland...it sounded almost like he was born in the bayou! lol And the names...love the French names... My favourite lines in your chapter are - in no particular order: that he was not going to share his "human" with the other cats (I love this line because my son used to say that his cats needed to be around their human)....to be quite honest, Lisabee may have needed more than 1 cat to protect her from herself. Next, I love " AAACK there is the “cat whisperer” doing her daily work out" (talking about Brennachan - love this!) - I bet @Brennachan smiled in rl when she read that line...hahahah and also the line about Jacques becoming an indoor cat, as he was always pretentious! lol There are so many great lines in this chapter...I had a good laugh reading it - what a great job! Bravo!
    @crissylp89 - Welcome to Murkland! Yes, this challenge is so addictive and all the stories are great, too! Just a fun bunch! Can't wait to read your adventures. Great idea turning the lot into a club, hadn't thought of that. Will go in-game and have a look. Have a murky day everyone!
    @Tinkerbelch26 - I just read your up-date and yes! she made it to the brambles! You have done so much in Murkland already! Great chapter and great job!
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited April 2017
    @Shizu9no1 -- I'll be more vigilant in posting here about the voting process. I think I was worried before because I do have a very obvious stance and I don't want to influence anyone before the voting. So, I will post when it opens and I will say nothing until the voting closes, even though you can probably guess my opinion!

Everyone, vote! It's such a wonderful opportunity to have a say in the development of a pack! Thank you @SimGuruGraham for that!
    Post edited by Brennachan on
    edited April 2017
    @SoulGal7 -- a special shout out to you! Not only are your stories wonderful but you answer many questions on here and I appreciate that so much! Big mutant raccoon hugs!
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    I think the eco b pack as an awesim potential of being very useful for Murkland, some things I'm hoping for would be that there is another use for our Flowers, that drying flower rack that was in the art looks cool, a vase we could put flowers in would be nice. I think Minky Rivers would love to make her little lot a little more homely with a pretty vase of flowers she picked herself, even if they wilted and needed to be replaced often... The possibility of laundry like in sims3 university could also create some interesting difficulties...
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Shizu9no1 Thanks so much for reading my chapter. I read your comments on my blog and I seriously didn't know that the Cursed lot trait could give you the voodoo doll and the dazed emotion! lol I was playing all the sims with high mischief and looking in their inventories, and thinking...geez....where is that voodoo doll? lol Now I know it was from the lot! ROFL! Oh my goodness, that is TOO funny! BTW, Kate did unearth a voodoo doll from digging a rock and it's in her inventory. That is how I got those pics! lol

@Soulgal7
    When I placed the Murkland Mercantile Co. lot, I played Mayor Epoch for a little while to have him buy the store, lock up the kitchen, and hire an employee. I noticed he had the Dazed from voodoo moodlet so I read up on all the lot traits again.
    I hadn't realized that you were unfamiliar with the Cursed lot trait, I was too busy being impressed at how you spun Kate's Dazed moodlet into a new suspenseful plot element that almost threw you into the arms of Mad Mud! Loving your story!
  • reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    Call me crazy, but know what I want most? COMPOST!

And @Brennachan, don't worry too much about influencing the vote. Most of us are probably drawn to Murkland because we like the aesthetic in addition to the game play.
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    I made my hubs into a Murklander. You can place him at any camp. He got separated from Brennachan during the apocalypse and is trying to find her. He has many skills but when I play tested him, he didn't seem to like Murkland very much! :)

Pookey of the Apocalypse

Before the apocalypse, Pookey was a musician and photographer who loved Bonsai gardening in his spare time. He’s a Serious Musician in the Entertainer Career Track and tries to continue this trade. He can be added to any post-apocalyptic camp, and from there he’ll continue searching for his Brennachan.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B91008FC1BE411E7883066AA568FC1CB

17799973_1887874674806307_6790690686265016118_n.jpg?oh=27c0ab3391a702dd4500662c7f7e915f&oe=5953E26F

OMG love him! Will add him to my town next time I'm in game :)
    @Brennachan ...ahhh....shucks...'tis nothing. This is what happens when you have a popular challenge! Ok, a very murky, popular challenge with crazed people in rl getting obsessed with it! hehehe.....oh, was I speaking out loud? lol Yep, yep, yep, I love this challenge...
    I have some Murky Sims to share. The Curious brothers ready to get their Murk on. The original creator is listed as GloamingMerle because I used my son's CAS demo to create these guys before the game came out. I can't post links yet, but if you are interested, you can search my user name on the gallery. I also did murky makeovers for Johnny Zest and Malcolm Landgraab, who are living in the Nukecrest squatters camp with Don in my game.

Here is my latest murky chapter. Not much happening with my sim, but everyone else seems to be very busy, hehe.
    Chapter 1.9 Climbing the Cliff

h5IyYq8.jpg

I've uploaded the 5-sim household appearing in this chapter (two of whom appear above) to the Gallery.
    Item name: Murky Men
    Hashtags: #Murkland, #MurklandChallenge, #NoCC, #oshizu
    @reggikko I'm posting the gallery links to the murky sims you described in your post above. I hope that's alright with you.

The Curious Brothers https://www.thesims.com/gallery/676AB4531FCF11E784495B67FFCC3B0F
    Mal and John https://www.thesims.com/gallery/B4C3A7B51FCF11E784F65B67FFCC3B0F
    Thanks, @Shizu9no1!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited April 2017
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 - Wanted to tell you that I so enjoyed your new chapter. I enjoyed it so much that I had to read it again! I love that your "speaker" was born in Murkland...it sounded almost like he was born in the bayou! lol And the names...love the French names... My favourite lines in your chapter are - in no particular order: that he was not going to share his "human" with the other cats (I love this line because my son used to say that his cats needed to be around their human)....to be quite honest, Lisabee may have needed more than 1 cat to protect her from herself. Next, I love " AAACK there is the “cat whisperer” doing her daily work out" (talking about Brennachan - love this!) - I bet @Brennachan smiled in rl when she read that line...hahahah and also the line about Jacques becoming an indoor cat, as he was always pretentious! lol There are so many great lines in this chapter...I had a good laugh reading it - what a great job! Bravo!

OH ty so much .. I am please you liked it LOL I have to share that there was a REAL Perot .. he was wicked mean but we loved him! TY again so much for reading <3

perot_zpstsg6xd8h.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    reggikko wrote: »
    Call me crazy, but know what I want most? COMPOST!

And @Brennachan, don't worry too much about influencing the vote. Most of us are probably drawn to Murkland because we like the aesthetic in addition to the game play.

MUCH agreed!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    crissylp89 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 I cannot wait for pets to come out (who knows when :/ ), your story from the cat's perspective would be even more epic! I love how creative everyone is here :)

Sorry guys, wasn't trying to spam!

LOL Yeah he is only deco but the good thing in a story that never matters .. I am tickled with today's add of plant sims .. my FAV alt sim life form (the gardener in me I guess) .. pets will be soon .. hope they include chickens but I am patient so we will soon see! (Lisabee is looking for some chickens LOL)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2017
    *waves hello

Just stopping in to say hello and greet the new murky folk. Hope all of you are well and happily (murkily) simming along.

A super congrats to all those who made maxi fav <3 awesome job!

I bring you a treat from FB .. a wonderful simmer named Freddy made a murky treat <3 ENJOY ( @SoulGal7 - you are in it I know )

https://vimeo.com/212967347
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2017
    @lisabee2 Thanks so much for sharing the video! It was hilarious! Well, except that shots of you and Ridge--they were steamy, lol.
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 Thanks so much for sharing the video! It was hilarious! Well, except that shots of you and Ridge--they were steamy, lol.

You are so welcome .. we have the most FAB talented simmers in Murkland HUH?

As for lisabee's conduct by the fire ... LOL well after all it was about being on fire .. and we all know how much Lisabee loves to play in the fire (she even does it in other peoples game ?? )

I stopped back in to mention how much I loved your story .. I was was rolling for parts of it .. oh my!! So cute <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @Tinkerbelch26 read/saw your update on Tumblr .. glad you made it to GF and next stop the Hermit! Lovely screenies :) following you on Tumblr now ( please let us know when you update so we can get to it faster .. at least for me .. Tumblr and I don't always understand one another :) )

OH and a quick BTW for @everyone .. are any of you on Twitter?? I have a few of you already :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • minkydpainminkydpain Posts: 92 Member
    @reggikko your compost idea sounds amazing! I still really, really want to be able to decorate with flower's my sim has picked, and do laundry, but compost is definitely right up there with my other top wishes now that you've made me think about it!
    I don't know if this is just me but be careful with the Plantsim thing. I turned my Sim and her water need went from nearly full to almost completely red when I traveled. She went back to her own lot and despite drinking numerous glasses of water from the cooler, the water need continued to drop. I wound up going back to a save I made just before she ate the fruit so she didn't die. It may be that the game only recognizes water from a sink, which we can't have. I still don't know why it dropped so fast in the first place, though. Anyway, you may want to do a "save as" before you try it.
    @reggikko and anyone else who wants to tackle the Spring Plantsim Challenge in Murkland. There are two water slides in Murkland. I call them slippery marshes. One at the Hot Springs and one at the Raccoon Hideout. I don't know if that will bring up a plantsims water needs or not. But, it's worth a try...
    Update on combining the Murkland Challenge with the Plantsim Challenge (for those of you who want to do it):

*the water slide WILL add water to your plantsim during the time that they are sliding on it (there's one at the Raccoon Hideout and one at the Hot Springs.

*the hot tub at the hot springs will NOT add water to your plantsim

*water from the cooler will NOT add water to your plantsim

*swimming in the murky pools and open sewers around Murkland WILL add water to your plantsim

17904342_1892097591050682_2030959886140060094_n.jpg?oh=d6bd97f84bba446a27de11a1533c8830&oe=598D0E30

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top