Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @ladyloial & @Mmdrgntobldrgn - Congrats! Congrats! on your Maxis favs! Woot! Woot!

@tammyjo329 - thanks so much for reading my story - yah Mad Mud got the flirty vibe when she came over to see him...lol...I know that's one of his traits, but he smiled when she was playing with his cowplant, too! I think he does secretly like her... lol
  • foldupgiraffefoldupgiraffe Posts: 15 Member
    @SoulGal7 thanks so much for the reply!

@Shizu9no1 thank you for the warm welcome, im not much of a story teller but i will be for sure giving it a shot! i just hope i can have a profile picture soon lol.
  • foldupgiraffefoldupgiraffe Posts: 15 Member
    @Brennachan congrats on getting a Maxis Fav!!

@ladyloial congrats on getting that Maxis Fav!!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • aureliaromaeaureliaromae Posts: 35 Member
    I am finally able to start playing again, my son was in the hospital for a couple of weeks. So...hopefully I will be back in there posting things soon!
    Omnia vincit amor et nos cedamus amori --vergil, 38 BC
    "Caesar was a salad dressing dude."--bill and ted's excellent adventure

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Hi Lisabee2 , just read your newest adventure in Murkland. What a character your cat is ... he actually reminds me of my old cat Rainy, who I had back in high school. She loved to bring home presents, especially when my mother would get angry and yell at her for doing so. LOL
  • reggikkoreggikko Posts: 76 Member
    I have a couple of questions. On MWF when you can shower or go to the springs, can you shower or soak more than once on the designated day? Examples: You wake up on Monday morning and do the brisk shower. That night, can you shower again? I thought it was in the spirit of the challenge that you could only shower once due to the water shortage. Similarly, could you visit the hot springs more than once on the designated days?

Concerning parsley. I know that my Sim cannot grow it on her home lot. Can you graft basil onto the Cliff Dwellers' sage (once you have access, of course) or would that be considered an exploit? Also, I assume we are free to plant trash plants anywhere in the world as long as the 16 we are growing in the planters at home come from trash?
  • ladyloialladyloial Posts: 537 Member
    Thank you everyone :)
    aaagXEr5xv_zps9aeuclrp.jpg
    @aureliaromae - I am so sorry to hear that your son was in the hospital. I hope that he is ok and that your family is alright as well. Hugs to you. If you need any help, we are all here to help you in the murky world of Murkland :smile:
    @reggikko - Hi there and welcome to Murkland! Do you have a shower on your lot? Unless you have "caught" a shower tarp in Granite Falls, you should not have a shower on your lot. The only area where you can shower is in Granite Falls at the campground area, and again that is only on M-W-F. If it's your designated shower day and you want to spend the whole day at the Hot Springs...by all means, do! lol I don't see anything in the rules that you can't go mult-times on your designated day to the hot springs, I just have not had the time to do that! lol However, the person who will give the "ultimate" answer to that burning question is, of course, our fearless leader and creator, Brennachan! lol

Since I haven't visited the Cliff Dwellers as yet, I cannot comment on the grafting part. That will have to come from @Brennachan.
    Yes, I meant if you had the tarp shower from fishing. Mainly, my question is if you are limited to one shower on MWF. Thanks!
  • solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    I think I'm gonna do this for my first let's play on my youtube! sounds like a lot of fun!
  • Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    @reggikko and @solvorsh Welcome to Murkland! Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

reggikko (and anyone else who's interested), if you keep exploring, you may discover that grafting the sage plant in Cliff City is unnecessary.

@aureliaromae I'm sorry to hear that your son was hospitalized but happy to hear that he's back home.
    Best wishes to you and your family for his speedy recovery!
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on
  • crissylp89crissylp89 Posts: 35 Member
    Just started this! OMG @Brennachan your builds are amazing!! I made the festival a nightclub so it would always have a DJ, Emilia Reinhardt was out partying with the Burner crew till 4 haha (I can't post pics yet :'( )

@solvorsh what is your youtube channel? I'm always looking for new LPs to watch :smiley:

Also, about the FB group, is an invite needed? I tried to look it up but couldn't find it...
    @solvorsh omg haha it was literally right under your post :D oops
    @lisabee2 I cannot wait for pets to come out (who knows when :/ ), your story from the cat's perspective would be even more epic! I love how creative everyone is here :)

Sorry guys, wasn't trying to spam!
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @lisabee2 -- you know this is my favorite story! Love the cat's point of view! Awesomeness!

@reggikko -- great questions! I've never had someone ask that about the showers/hot springs. When I played, I only had the sim visit the hot springs once on the designated days. As for the tarp, you can use it once with brisk shower option and then you cannot go to the hot springs on that day. So I am going to say one visit, but you can stay as long as you like at the hot springs. As for grafting, no grafting of any kind in Challenge 1 and you can only plant trashplants. As for planting trashplants in other locations, you can do that. There are trashplants all around Murkland and you will find some other plants hidden here and there too.

@aureliaromae -- I'm so sorry to hear your son was in the hospital! I hope he is ok! Big hugs!

@crissylp89 -- Welcome to Murkland! Have fun! I'm glad your sim had a good time at the festival! Prepare to get murky! Thank you for your kind words regarding my builds! XOXOXO

@solvorsh -- I can't wait to see your video. Please post the link to your YT channel here so we can all check it out!

@Brennachan I have to thank you for this project and challenge. It is the most immersive experience I've had with Sims 4 and it's really just awesome. I am actually excited about playing my game every day.
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Ok, so style B won for the Eco Pack...I think this is good for Murkland...Any thoughts?
    Oh my goodness! More Maxis favs for the Murkland group! Woot! Woot! Congrats to @Shizu9no1 and @jenny0786 for your Maxis favs! I have them as my neighbors in Nukecrest! Great job!
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Ok, so style B won for the Eco Pack...I think this is good for Murkland...Any thoughts?

I am so glad that pack and style won. I voted for the Eco pack, but missed the style vote. I think it will be awesome for Murkland.

• Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    edited April 2017
    @jenny0786 A big congrats to you on Ashlie Murdock!

@Brennachan and @Soulgal7 Thank you! :)

I agree with @reggikko that Style B will play nicely with Murkland. There will be an Objects & Clothing Vote that starts on May 18.
    That's still over a month away but it would be great if someone would post here when they notice that vote has opened.
    Post edited by Shizu9no1 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top