Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you turn off vampires in game?

2...Next

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    This is one of the reasons I have not bought the pack yet. I want just the CAS items but do not like vampires in my game.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited December 2018
    I feel like saying, "I wish I could turn off vampires in this pack" is like saying, "I wish I could turn off pets in Dogs and Cats." Yes, the items are cool, but there're really not the point of the pack. The latest patch fixed vampire break-ins on public lots, and there are ways to deter break-ins on private lots, as others have said. You can mostly ignore their existence if you choose to.

I didn't think I would like the pack at first either but I bought it as part of a set. Now it's my favorite pack by far.

Vampires are curable as well, so if you like the look of the pre-built characters, you can keep them around while still keeping the game realistic.

To each their own, of course. I know I'm probably in the minority. But it's easy to pass over the pack if it's not your thing. This is the only pack that's specifically focused on the supernatural. You still have tons of design options without it installed.

As for me, I'm avoiding Parenthood and Laundry Day because they're too realistic for me. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Kagome7650 wrote: »
    I love my vampire in my games even though some of npcs are vampires are my Sims doing actually lol.

Please check the dates on the posts before you comment. You’ve necro’d an old thread and it’s already been established that we’re not getting toggles for Occult Sims.

Accept it.

Somebody close this thread, thanks.

—T
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Kagome7650 wrote: »
    I love my vampire in my games even though some of npcs are vampires are my Sims doing actually lol.

Please check the dates on the posts before you comment. You’ve necro’d an old thread and it’s already been established that we’re not getting toggles for Occult Sims.

Accept it.

Somebody close this thread, thanks.

—T

Hmmm... Maybe someone with 5 posts under their belt does not know all the ins and outs of this forum but I do believe that the moderators can deal with that.

New person on the forum, hia, I love the vampires too. There are several really great threads with vamps, hope to see you around. Cheers!

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/946785/bare-your-fangs-vampire-pictures-stories-and-gameplay-advice-please/p1

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950430/justvampirethings#latest
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I don’t mind a few vampires, if they don’t attack the sims I am playing, I wish that could be turned off. Also like someone else mentioned vampire break ins on a commercial lot is very inconvenient. I bought the pack for the town of Forgotton Hollow, and the build and buy items. At some point I want to play Caleb and his sister, but, not to turn other sims, just to explore the powers and things. I moved the goths to Forgotten Hollow because I feel like that’s where they belong. Too bad they didn’t add a cemetery lot when they added Vampires.
  • AmyehAmyeh Posts: 61 Member
    If EA were smart, they would make this an option. I haven't bought this pack because I don't want my Sims to become vampires, but I do want the BB/CAS items. If there was an option to turn off vampires, I would buy this pack in a heartbeat. I keep checking the release notes of the patches to see if they include a switch, but until they do, they won't be getting my money for this pack.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Quick question @Larryad, and totally off topic, but where did your Sim get body hair from?

As for vampires, I didn't see a lot of them spawn until I visited Forgotten Hollow. So if you can stay away from there, it will minimize the number of vampires floating around.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    emere wrote: »
    Well now I want an option to Turn Off "realistic" game play...

mood

But yeah, we can't turn them off. Just don't buy the pack?

Or, you know, ignore their presence. Or even just use your imagination, folks. Even if a vampire does break in, they cannot turn your sim autonomously anyway; you really have nothing to worry about. Pretend it's just a burglar who knocked your sim off the bed; delete one of your items to pretend you got robbed. I don't know.

The game pack is called "Vampires" for a reason. You'd better expect you get vampires from it.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I had a mod to toggle vamps off but I don't think it works since the big update from a while back.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    @Larryad TwistedMexi's Vampire Toggle Mod might do what you ask. https://www.patreon.com/posts/python-patch-mod-22711619

I myself use the mod Vampire Stop Pestering Me by Vwaryloth: https://modthesims.info/d/603329/v1-1-vampires-stop-pestering-me-no-more-drama-amp-more.html and NPC Control by Paulson: http://modthesims.info/d/604590/npc-control-update-23-11-2018.html and I have no more vampires getting spawned or bothering me.

• Lizie0starLizie0star Posts: 3 New Member
    I agree! EA, please make this a thing! Pleeeeeeease! Ps, thanks for Strangerville - love the plane fulelage!! Making tons of builds!
  • Lizie0starLizie0star Posts: 3 New Member
    It can be just like you can opt out if celebrity spreading in Get Famous. I dislike not being able to disable vampires so much I made a different account just to buy it so it didn’t mess with my account, to try it out. I hated the vampires. Wish I had access to the build items! :(