Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Bath For Toddler

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
I have a family I've been playing for awhile with aging off. Recently turned aging back on because I wanted to have a second child. It seems like ever since the second child has been born I can no longer give my toddler a bath.
The mother puts her in the tub and immediately takes her back out. Her hygiene is almost in the red. I've tried different tubs different parent...does seem to matter. I repaired the game in origin and there is no more updates to be applied so I don't know what to do. She ages in 2 days but I would hate for her to age up dirty ROFL

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The baby is probably too close to the bath. It's privacy bug
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Move the bath or baby upstairs to a different level
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • colescoles Posts: 10 New Member
    I had the same thing happen when my sim was pregnant. Once she had the baby it worked again.
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    Yea she was able to bathe perfectly fine until she had a sibling. It's a one story house but the baby is in a completely different room.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    If you only have one story you have to put the baby outside while you bathe the toddler.

This is the funniest work around ever BTW and I can't wait to read the patch notes when they fix this.
  • Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    That happened to me today, and I went out into manage worlds, switched to a different family, and then right away switched back to the same family and it worked, my toddler was able to be bathed. I have tried just going out to manage worlds into the world screen and right back in, but it didn't work for me. You might want to try that first though just in case it might work for you.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    I always wondered what parents in apartments could do when they can't put baby outside or on a different level for their toddler to take a bath. Instead of instantly aging up baby, are we supposed to be practicing planned parenthood?
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    are you sure the toddler isn't wearing a dirty diaper?? maybe that could be making the hygiene low.
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    No dirty diaper and completely potty trained.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I always wondered what parents in apartments could do when they can't put baby outside or on a different level for their toddler to take a bath. Instead of instantly aging up baby, are we supposed to be practicing planned parenthood?

Yeah, makes one wonder!

My suggestion: Have a parent take the smelly toddler to a public bathhouse, the abandoned warehouse would be a great location for one of those. There is no risk of running into a baby on community lots, so the apartment dwellers can bath their toddler there. (On a sidenote my mother often told me how there were public bath tub facilities in her childhood, no idea what you'd call them in english. I need to tell her these bathhouses are making their comeback in San Myshuno 2017 ;) )
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I always put showers and baths in community lots, so those homless sims can take a bath or shower, and my sims don't have to rush home to get clean.