The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strange CAS mesh problem

cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
@SimGuruModSquad

Hello. I've run into a very strange problem with an original mesh created by a user of one of my tools. It's a male jacket top. With roughly half the EA pants it looks and works fine. But with the other half the sim's left arm is wrongly positioned:

izkusitelna-jacket.png

I've tried everything I can think of to fix it. It seems to definitely be the mesh since I've cloned an EA top and replaced the lod0 mesh with this one, not changing anything else, and gotten the same problem. Also I don't understand why it works fine with some bottoms and not others.

It looks to me like the slotray intersection data isn't working on the left side. Do you know of anything in a mesh that could disable it in combination with some bottoms but not others?

I'm linking to the original package in case you'd like to see it. The region map is messed up but that didn't seem to make any difference to this problem.

https://sites.google.com/site/cmarnycsite/MTS_izkusitelna_1666917_PreslavaCoat.rar

Thanks very much!
cmarNYC on MTS.

Comments

• TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    slotray issue, try S4 CAS tools or S4S Modding -> Fix Slotray to resolve it.
    [Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    edited January 2017
    That was the first thing tried, didn't help. Thanks.
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member

I agree that this looks like the slot rays aren't being calculated correctly. I just exported and reimported the mesh using Sims 4 Studio (which automatically corrects many slot ray issues), and the item works fine with all the garments I tried. For example, the original garment wouldn't work with the heart underwear, but the fixed one does (original on the left, after import/export with Studio on the right):
    lTEnSOX.jpg
    Also, with the original .package you posted, I noticed that the arm placement is very garment-dependent. This was also true if I just used the same .package and exported/imported the mesh using Studio although none of that garment-dependence caused the arm to shift the wrong way (in the picture above, the arm is moved a bit further away from the body than is usual). However, when I made a new clone using Studio and imported the mesh into that instead of the original .package, this garment-dependence displayed by the arm did not occur:

4CBJg8J.png
    The problem does not seem to be inherent to the mesh itself but rather with how it was handled when it was imported into the .package you posted.
    Thanks. Could you upload and link the corrected package so I can see what changed?
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • _orangemittens__orangemittens_ Posts: 512 Member

Hi Cmar, I don't keep other peoples' content on my computer after I've found a solution to their issue, so I don't have the fixed .packages anymore, but the steps aren't difficult to duplicate. :)
    edited January 2017
    I don't have or use Studio, but I'll manage.
    cmarNYC on MTS.