Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New go to school mod by Zerbu

VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
I know the old one was broken, so I downloaded the new version. But it doesn't work for me either.
Teachers and other school stuff members don't show up at the school (new venue), only the kids show up. who cannot fulfill their tasks as the teacher is not there to give the lesson.
Is anyone having the same problem?
Does anyone know how to solve the issue?

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited January 2017
    @Vikimicike There are stickers you need to place on the lot, nearby computers, for the adults to spawn on the lot. There are two different recolors of the sticker object - one for the principal and one for the counselor. Also you need to place the podium for the teachers to spawn.

If you already have done that, it sounds like you need to repair your game, or that you haven't updated to the latest version of the game. Also it's possible you have reached the max number of sims in the world so the game can't spawn anymore.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    I have a question. In Zerbus description its written to place custom objects. But where do I find the custom podium? I have none, only those from City Living. Please help. :/
  • VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    Did you download his venue list too?
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited February 2017
    Vikimicike wrote: »
    Yes, I did. I only downloaded the newer one as he did not mention to download both. That irritated me. I downloaded the other too and still no podium. There are really nice schools out there! I really want to play...

Do you have Go To College too or the Politicsmod... or the Turbo Career Mod(Dont know if its the same as the politics one)? I saw there a podium and do wonder if its this one I dont have and the reason there is no podium..

I took the mod out of my folder now because for some reason its laggy there(may be because there was no podium when I tested and therefore the teacher couldnt do his modded commands) but also there were "only" 7 other schoolmates so for the moment I stick with no mod. Its not even updated for the new patch but I look forward to play this mod again.. just dont know when and if ever without the podium in my game, lol.

If you download a premade school from the library, there you will find a usable podium for sure. At least that's what I did :D I only had to put a few more stickers to make the teachers do their work.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Yuna wrote: »
    Vikimicike wrote: »
    Yes, I did. I only downloaded the newer one as he did not mention to download both. That irritated me. I downloaded the other too and still no podium. There are really nice schools out there! I really want to play...

Do you have Go To College too or the Politicsmod... or the Turbo Career Mod(Dont know if its the same as the politics one)? I saw there a podium and do wonder if its this one I dont have and the reason there is no podium..

I took the mod out of my folder now because for some reason its laggy there(may be because there was no podium when I tested and therefore the teacher couldnt do his modded commands) but also there were "only" 7 other schoolmates so for the moment I stick with no mod. Its not even updated for the new patch but I look forward to play this mod again.. just dont know when and if ever without the podium in my game, lol.

the poltics mod is not going to be updated due to the poltics career..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Some schools dont have the podium so type in podium in ur search bar and see if its there
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I JUST downloaded the mod and opened the zip. The podium is in the zip file. Make sure you installed it?
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • GraceybaceyGraceybacey Posts: 5 New Member
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
    I really want to use this mod!!!!!!!! Been dying to use it but when the time for my children to go to elementry school... NOTHING happens! I have been trying all day :( In the morning I downloaded it and placed an elementry school and high school from the gallery in my map and then I made a new sims for this. When the time came for all of my children (7) to go to school, NOTHING happened, they just went to the usual rabbit hole and disappeared. I tried to transport the children their after school and the game just started loading and went to the manage world window! I have been searching everywhere and it says that I have to go to build mode, then change lot type to anything, then save and then go back to build mode and change it back to elementary school again. Tried that and when it was time for children to go... They just went to the rabbit hole and disappeared. PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!?
    PS I do not know where to download the student generator so I do not have it
    Also I have city living, Vampire and Get to work (this may be a problem???)
  • luchia03luchia03 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Aine said:
    > @Vikimicike There are stickers you need to place on the lot, nearby computers, for the adults to spawn on the lot. There are two different recolors of the sticker object - one for the principal and one for the counselor. Also you need to place the podium for the teachers to spawn.
    >
    > If you already have done that, it sounds like you need to repair your game, or that you haven't updated to the latest version of the game. Also it's possible you have reached the max number of sims in the world so the game can't spawn anymore.

no entiendo lo que quiere decir no se que tengo que hacer te entiendo pero no se como hacerlo
  • Wither1000Wither1000 Posts: 72 Member
    I've been able to go to school as a child or teen just fine, but the career doesn't work. The young adult got the warning it was time to go to work in the new education career as a janitor, but she stayed home in her jammies! I tried to click on 'go to work', but nothing happened.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I downloaded the School Mod and use it for awhile but my Sim wouldn't go to work I then make her travel to the school, she only accomplished the first part but I couldn't get her to advance to a Teacher she just taught but remained a Janitor never advanced.
    Yes I also placed the Stickers but had the same problem.
    Zerbu updated his mod since cats and dogs so new version is available. Another thing I always have to do because of a problem: 1) the teacher shows up but only stand there in front of the school. 2) I have the sticker placed very close to the podium. 3) I use my child/teen to call over and over the teacher closer to the sticker and the podium. 4) when the teacher stand close enough to the sticker and the podium he realises and starts the lesson, so finally it works. That is how all my school days start :)
    Oh and yeah the career part has been broken for me too. Even with the updated version they don't go to work. So I use Neia's education career instead.
  • kaitp517kaitp517 Posts: 1 New Member
    Please someone help! So I downloaded the get to school mod a couple days ago, and added in an elementary and high school. When it came time to send my child to school, I was able to go with her. I showed up to the school and there was a teacher there giving a class and a counselor, principal, and a bunch of other kids that were classmates. I am able to complete some of the tasks, however when it comes time to study a skill online or ask the counselor for counseling, I am unable to do so. I will click on the computer or counselor and the options to complete these activities don't come up. I searched the internet and found a mod that supposedly allows you to study a skill online and I just downloaded it so I have yet to try it out, but does anyone else have any suggestions about the counselor or the studying online if the mod doesn't work????
  • Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    So I have the mod and it works except for a few issues.
    1. The kids are immediately bored when the show up.
    2. I can't find a way to shut-off the student spawning, and use only the kids in my worlds.
    I know there is a file to remove to fit it but I'm not sure which.
    3. there is never enough time to get any where near 2 bars let alone 3.

any help would be great
  • BlackQueen12BlackQueen12 Posts: 51 Member
    For Tenchi2A, I have used that mod for a while and I am not aware of a way to just choose your own sims, they just randomly spawn. If you pause, click on what you wish to do, do it, then repeat, you should be able to get through most of your day with more accomplished. The bored thing??? Maybe some artwork, or change your lot traits. Hope that helps.
    This is one of the best Mods but I just can't find a way to advance my Teacher she is friendly with the kids but she is still a Janitor how long does it take for her to become a Teacher or Teacher Assistant.
  • mariaznymariazny Posts: 1 New Member
    > @kaitp517 said:
    >I am able to complete some of the tasks, however when it comes time to study a skill online or ask the counselor for counseling, I am unable to do so. I will click on the computer or counselor and the options to complete these activities don't come up. I searched the internet and found a mod that supposedly allows you to study a skill online and I just downloaded it so I have yet to try it out, but does anyone else have any suggestions about the counselor or the studying online if the mod doesn't work????
    >
    Did you ever solve this? I'm having the same problem but I can't find any answers!
  • ifloresiflores Posts: 1 New Member
    I recently downloaded the Go To School mod and I can't seem to attend class? Whenever I click the Attend Class on the teacher talking at the podium, it won't allow my Sim to do so. The foot icon pops up (which I think means doesn't have space or whatever?) but I tried making my Sim go near the teacher but the foot icon still pops up and it still won't work. Help
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    iflores wrote: »
    I recently downloaded the Go To School mod and I can't seem to attend class? Whenever I click the Attend Class on the teacher talking at the podium, it won't allow my Sim to do so. The foot icon pops up (which I think means doesn't have space or whatever?) but I tried making my Sim go near the teacher but the foot icon still pops up and it still won't work. Help

Most likely there is an obstacle somewhere. Perhaps try rearranging furniture or even a different build.

If that doesn't work, maybe ask on Zerbu's discord.