Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round Robin Build Exchange

Comments

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited May 2017
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker It all looks wonderful!!

Those curtain worked out great, I do love them. The girls room looks really good and I don't mind the shelf outside the door.

The master bedroom looks nice. I like the shades of green and the chairs look great in front of the fireplace, how romantic.

The tables I like are B K M N P or Q, I can't decide so I leave the choice to you.

The outside looks good, I like the brick with the cream color siding, it blends nicely. The little side porch is good too. I like the hanging chairs and a place to play chess.

I wasn't expecting a laundry room so that's a bonus :)
    Ok, glad you like it all. :)
    I have only two changes, one we talked about before and that is tile in the kitchen, but maybe you didn't get that far yet and since you added that laundry room would you use the same tile there too please.

So far so good :) Feel better soon <3

BTW, I am loving the extension because I am sooooo faaaaar behind myself.
    No, tbh, I think I forgot about that. My brain feels like it's full of mud. I haven't closed out of the game yet, so I'll do some stuff with that now. Er... what DID we talk about with that? Large tiles like the master bathroom? A subtle pattern, or just a solid color?

Edit: I did another screenshot of just the tables you liked from the top, so you can see their legs. Just in case one of them you look at the bottom half and think, "Yuck. That's not what I wanted!" I've placed the screenshot at the beginning of the top slideshow, so you won't have to scroll to get to it.
    @Kgaff:
    Just ran my testing Sim through everything in the house. Each chair, sofa, bed, skilling object, etc. The only thing that failed was... that nice, L shaped set of stairs. :( I tried and tried, but couldn't get her to go up and not give routing tantrums. Finally switched it out for straight stairs (had to move a few things first), and now it's fine.

What I THINK the problem was, are the fireplaces. Even though I MOOd the back part away, apparently the L stairs still think that part is there. The straight stairs don't. Well, that bites. But it is, what it is, and now it works, which is far more important than if it looks EXACTLY like the original. :)

Fortunately, everything else works... so far. Will work on it more tomorrow, once you let me know what tables you like, now that you can see the legs. If you like all of them, that's fine. I think my own favorites right now are B, C, and D. (Of the new picture.) It's up to you, though.

I just realized, I should have asked you about dining chairs at the same time as tables. Oh well. Not in game right now, so will do tomorrow. My brain feels like mud right now.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I wonder if the orientation of the L stairs makes a difference. Maybe they have to face the front of the lot. There was a problem with stacking stairs that was that way. If the stairs were parallel to the lot front, then sims always had problems going down stairs that were stacked exactly over each other. The solution then was to offset the lower stairs so the first stair was NOT underneath the overhead stairs. However, if the stairs faced the front of the lot (or had a north-south orientation in the town), then you could stack them exactly with no issues. I think it was Pes that figured that out. I just wonder if the same coding fluke exists in the L-stairs. However, you are probably right and they were just too close to the fireplace space, just because doors and stairs are picky that way.
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Kgaff:
    Just ran my testing Sim through everything in the house. Each chair, sofa, bed, skilling object, etc. The only thing that failed was... that nice, L shaped set of stairs. :( I tried and tried, but couldn't get her to go up and not give routing tantrums. Finally switched it out for straight stairs (had to move a few things first), and now it's fine.

What I THINK the problem was, are the fireplaces. Even though I MOOd the back part away, apparently the L stairs still think that part is there. The straight stairs don't. Well, that bites. But it is, what it is, and now it works, which is far more important than if it looks EXACTLY like the original. :)

Fortunately, everything else works... so far. Will work on it more tomorrow, once you let me know what tables you like, now that you can see the legs. If you like all of them, that's fine. I think my own favorites right now are B, C, and D. (Of the new picture.) It's up to you, though.

I just realized, I should have asked you about dining chairs at the same time as tables. Oh well. Not in game right now, so will do tomorrow. My brain feels like mud right now.

I also like either B C or D, any one of them will work, I like the glass tops.

The tile in the kitchen, you said you like the large solid color tile in a light color with a tile backsplash also in a solid color.

Aww, sorry about the stairs but what ever works is good with me. I have never had a problem with stair orientation using the pre-made L stairs, I even had them on the diagonal once and they worked - but I always place stairs before adding other things to the build.
    ciane wrote: »
    I wonder if the orientation of the L stairs makes a difference. Maybe they have to face the front of the lot. There was a problem with stacking stairs that was that way. If the stairs were parallel to the lot front, then sims always had problems going down stairs that were stacked exactly over each other. The solution then was to offset the lower stairs so the first stair was NOT underneath the overhead stairs. However, if the stairs faced the front of the lot (or had a north-south orientation in the town), then you could stack them exactly with no issues. I think it was Pes that figured that out. I just wonder if the same coding fluke exists in the L-stairs. However, you are probably right and they were just too close to the fireplace space, just because doors and stairs are picky that way.
    :dizzy: head... spinning... :mrgreen:

I think I've heard about problems like that with the L stairs, but I've used them before and not had a problem. Can't recall offhand the orientation. I was following the floor plan which showed stairs coming up from the direction of the front door, and winding to the right. Since I wasn't stacking them, I didn't think there would be problems. Obviously, I was wrong. :smirk:
    I also like either B C or D, any one of them will work, I like the glass tops.

The tile in the kitchen, you said you like the large solid color tile in a light color with a tile backsplash also in a solid color.

Aww, sorry about the stairs but what ever works is good with me. I have never had a problem with stair orientation using the pre-made L stairs, I even had them on the diagonal once and they worked - but I always place stairs before adding other things to the build.
    Actually, I had to place the fireplace first, because of the flue in the back. Then I MOOd the flue away, and added the stairs without using MOO. They added just fine, so I had assumed they would work as well. They didn't. I would say that EA did something wonky with those stairs, and they probably should have been tested more. Then again, it's not like this is life threatening, so it's simply not that big of a deal. :)

Believe it or not, I had forgotten what we had talked about with the kitchen walls and floor. I remember that we HAD spoken of it, just couldn't remember what. I vaguely remember that we were sticking with green. I'll try a few things today and run them by you.
    @Kgaff:

Sorry I didn't get this in earlier. I didn't even get to launching my game until after dinner today. I got quite a bit done, though.

Once again, screenshots are on my website. I've given up on tinypic.

Some choices for wallpaper in kitchen. Wasn't sure if you prefer lighter tile or darker, or which you prefer for the below (and top) areas; green or white. Maybe you would even prefer me using a style that doesn't have those borders. If you do, just let me know. If you would prefer larger or smaller tile, let me know and I'll try more stuff.

Also, dining chairs. Lots of choices, I know.

I've decided to go with B of your original choices for tables; I liked the sleek lines of it. It also has glass legs, did you know that? I think that's pretty cool. :) Just keep it in mind when deciding which chairs you like best. If you pick multiples, I'll try them out with the table, and let you see how they look together. I didn't CASt the dining table; I could lighten the wood, if you prefer. It is a little dark.

Desks for you to choose from. Lots of 'em. Funsies. :) I'm not entirely sure how modern/contemporary you want to go with things like this, so I'm leaving the choice up to you.

Now, since we're doing desks, I thought I would ask about desk chairs. You can always select something from the dining room chair category if you prefer, but I thought I would offer these as well.

I was starting to feel intimidated by the size of the entry way, so I checked with the floor plans to see what they put there. Guess what? There were two rooms that I hadn't taken into consideration for the ground floor. So, I added a downstairs bathroom, and a study downstairs. I figure this one will be the father's work study. The upstairs room might be more for everyone to hang out together, rather than a study per se. I'm quite relieved, actually. That big entry was just a bit too big for me to want to work with.

Because of this, I removed the hall bathroom upstairs. We didn't need it, since each bedroom had an ensuite bathroom. I ended up stretching out the girl's playroom to take over that area, and then expanding the other study to make it slightly larger. I'm including updated floor plans so you can see how I changed things.

I've also started placing lights in each room. I normally start off with the buydebug lights, because those don't squawk at you if you have to move a wall over part of one, and then I replace them with real lights when I've got the rooms more set into stone. Most of the rooms have lights now. Not all, but most.

This is the update on the little girl's playroom. The three remote control toys can be put into inventory, and played with from there, so they don't need to stay in that corner. It seems that an adult can't play with them, although they can put them into their inventory.

I'm also giving updated screenshots showing the new rooms. I'll do the study once I have a desk choice from you. I wish you had Supernatural and Showtime; there are some things that would be perfect for an astronomer from those expansions. :)
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @creativemetaphor
    Mintborough House and Double-mint Home are lovely! The architectural features add a lot of charm and curb appeal, making it well worth the beyond-starter price. Hooray for the "free real estate" option so I ** cough cough ** I mean my sim won't have to wait before moving here. Looking forward to filling the gallery with collectibles & photographs from his travels. This is going to be fun!!! :smiley:
    @MiaSkywalker

Marbled tile has replaced the wood flooring. What do you think?
    vC0dM9r.jpg

The kitchen cabinets have been placed and those plus the appliances were given a stone texture, but the texture is quite subtle so I'm not sure if you can tell. What do you think?
    cSXsXVP.jpg

Do you like any of the following choices regarding the ceilings?
    No. 1
    Nothing has been done
    mIYxLxc.jpg

No. 2
    Same as the flooring
    6hyAhgv.jpg

No. 3
    Using ceiling tiles to give a line
    C3mx3VR.jpg

No. 4
    Using carpet to give a uniform color
    Y43dYUQ.jpg

If you'd like to see other options, please let me know.
    It's a richly warm build, Addy. Very nice!

And you can see my sims finally enjoying your build here:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/gen4/lily

Mia, your build is looking great too!
    @MiaSkywalker

For the kitchen I like the lighter color of green in the second to last picture. Are the grout lines CASTable? If so would you make them white or the softest gray, then they wouldn't be so prominent. The floor could be a tad lighter too but I like the large tiles.

Dining room chair E please.
    Desk P por favor in a deep rich wood but not red
    Desk chair F S'il vous plaît in a deep rich leather but not red

I like the idea of a downstairs bath

I thought the circular room right of the entry was always going to be a study/library according to the original floor plan.

Having a family room upstairs is a good idea, it would be a good place for a game or painting easel.

I use debug lights all the time :) I am trying to break myself of having lights everyplace and on every wall. One time one critique I got said to use debug lights and then use table and floor lamps as decor items. It sounded like a good idea an I'm trying to do that in my current build but it ain't easy!!!

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    Hey all! Had a hugely busy weekend but I'm back :mrgreen:

@ADWilson So glad you like it!!

Your build just continues to thrill me! Can't wait to see it 'in person' as it were :)
    @MiaSkywalker
    Been playing around with the backyard. Quickly learned that we can't make diagonal angles for pools so I tried curved and it turned out okay ... not quite what I was going for, but it's not too bad. I think. But what's more important is what you think.
    The half wall protects the opening leading down to the basement.
    8OeFGse.jpg

Do you want a seating area between the fountain and the wall with 4 windows? If so, open area or covered with a pergola and some shutters?

Am going to place ladders for easy pool entry/exit. Did you want a diving board or slide? I thought they might be too much.
    jy4habp.jpg

The outdoor kitchen has the pizza oven and a sink for easy clean-up. I chose to go with the Kingdom of Cambodia shutters instead of curtains because I didn't like the placement of the curtains ... even after using MOO and alt.
    RZuUTPw.jpg

Fenced in for privacy? Left open to enjoy the view?
    nLq9z2i.jpg
    @creativemetaphor Mintborough House (perfect name) came out very nice! The way you used the wall covering outside reminds me of the Painted Lady Victorians of San Francisco. That's a lot house on such a small lot! Well done. I really like the extended version as well and how you kept the overall feel of the house.

@ADWilson That house feels so Moroccan I can't stand it!! The pool is great, I love the star shape you did. The outdoor kitchen is perfect, I personally think the shutters go with the style of house. :)

@KaytayRoall I do like the lines of your house. I can't wait to see what goes inside. The wood and the brick you used go so well together both inside and out.

So now for "you" KaytayRoall

I am finished with the barn
    The Tack Room and office
    Screenshot-43_zpsa0bnomhf.jpg
    Screenshot-44_zpsbmvglbft.jpg
    Screenshot-42_zpsytgiqbnw.jpg
    Screenshot-45_zpsjnq8slox.jpg
    The Break Room
    Screenshot-46_zps6iedmqkx.jpg
    Screenshot-48_zpswdog6bu1.jpg

I spruced up the hot tub area a bit
    Screenshot-58_zpsxusatawp.jpg

And, I got started on the inside
    The Kitchen
    Screenshot-50_zpsiebtpbsr.jpg
    Screenshot-51_zpsx34ksdap.jpg
    Screenshot-52_zpsandt40av.jpg

The Living Room - I was simply spinning the color wheel and this combo of blue and black came up on one of the pillows of the sofa. I like it so I ran with it. What do you think? I needed a new color for accent and I think the black looks good although not "islandy" but sort of ranch. I haven't picked a pattern yet but I like both of them.
    Screenshot-65_zpsiucwq1zj.jpg
    Screenshot-55_zpskvcjuxrf.jpg
    Screenshot-54_zps8t2tnpeq.jpg

The Master bedroom with en suite bath and walk-in closet
    Screenshot-63_zpstlwslt9k.jpg
    Screenshot-64_zpsmtzao6uq.jpg
    Screenshot-62_zps9kkmwmzz.jpg
    Screenshot-60_zpstumifjlg.jpg
    Screenshot-59_zps8aajzlox.jpg

And finally, the Entry
    Screenshot-56_zpswdoed7ua.jpg
    Screenshot-57_zpsdjeuzsjk.jpg
    I too like that fountain shape, Addy!

@Kgaff - LOVE that pretty entry wallpaper and floor AND, of course, the hot tub area! I'm curious why you used bar stools with MOOed table and counter. Wouldn't chairs be better for the table or a bar counter to match the bar stools?
    I too like that fountain shape, Addy!

@Kgaff - LOVE that pretty entry wallpaper and floor AND, of course, the hot tub area! I'm curious why you used bar stools with MOOed table and counter. Wouldn't chairs be better for the table or a bar counter to match the bar stools?

I saw the counter and table set up in a book I have on interior design for modern Victorian (kind of an oxymoron there don't you think). I meant to change out the stools for chairs but I forgot before I took the pictures.
    The next heir was just born, so I rolled for the next gen. Equestrian! I might have to steal that build when you finish with it @Kgaff!
    The next heir was just born, so I rolled for the next gen. Equestrian! I might have to steal that build when you finish with it @Kgaff!

Once we're done here I was thinking of doing a Legacy game. I've never done one and was reading the directions on one of the threads and it sounds so complicated. Is there an easy for a beginner?

@Kgaff - there are a lot of different legacies. I'm doing a random one where you roll each generation to find out how many sims will be in your family and what their careers and additional goals are. Here's a link to the random roller: http://randomlegacychallengeapp.weebly.com/

You just uncheck anything you don't have before rolling. There are some rules like only one free reroll of a single item during the entire legacy (unless you roll the joker, which offers another freebie every time you roll it).

There are legacies which start in an empty world and you have to build up the world buying a rabbit hole each generation and of course the apocalypse one where you go without certain things until someone makes it to the top of all the careers.

So, yeah, some are complicated; others not so much. But just put your own spin on what you like and play usually ten generations where the heir is always a child of the previous heir.
    edited May 2017
    @Creativemetaphor: Let me jump on the bandwagon and tell you how much I love that little Victorian you made! I had no idea that those shades of green and purple would go so well together. I'm going to have to try that house in Moonlight Falls at some point, because I think it would be perfect there.

@ADWilson: So far I really love what you're doing! As for the ceilings... I would actually suggest something more colorful. Yes, I know; usually it's recommended for ceilings to be subtle, but that isn't how that particular style is done. Also, I don't like white ceilings because it makes it seem like the ceilings aren't really painted at all.
    Here are some examples of various ceilings for this style of architecture. If you'll note, even the simpler ceilings have a focal point of some point. I guess they liked looking up a lot. :)

They seem to really like that star shape. I'm not sure how you could get that (since you can't exactly put fences on your ceiling), other than by putting some walls in the spot that you want it, in the shape you want it, then setting the ceiling both inside and outside that star shaped "room", then removing those walls. But since you've already furnished it... I wouldn't bother.

There's a rather ornate tile in the game that would look good, especially if you CASted the channels a bit to match what's there. You might put that in the downstairs main are, and then maybe something simpler upstairs.

Here's another suggestion: Why not alternate the ornate tile with simpler tiles on the ceiling? You could even make most of it simpler (say, marble or stone of some sort, or just another type of tile), and then intersperse the more ornate tile with it. Do you remember that star shaped build I made in the last gift exchange you ran? I had a mostly plain wooden floor, and put in strategic points the same type of wood flooring, but with a Celtic knot on it. If the whole floor had been the Celtic knot, it would have overwhelmed. By only placing a few, it had a good effect. Maybe something like that? That way the ceiling wouldn't overwhelm, but would still have that feeling of decadence to it.

Pools ARE difficult sometimes, but I love the way you have it balanced with the fountain on one end, and that little gazebo (or whatever it would be called) on the other end.

Fencing... Hm... I honestly don't know. I love the view, even though it IS very stark (deserts usually are!), but a fence could look nice, also. I don't know! I know, not very helpful to you. :lol:

Seating area? I'm not sure. If there is one, it would definitely need shade of some sort. Hot desert sun beating down on you isn't particularly restful. :) (This I know from experience.) Of course, our Sims won't care all that much, particularly with that nice pool nearby.

I don't think either a diving board or slide would fit in very well, so let's leave them out.

I think the whole thing looks gorgeous so far!

@Kgaff: I love that build you're doing for Kaytay. I absolutely LOVE that tack room, and the hot tub area. The kitchen gives me a better idea how to do the wall coverings for the kitchen in my build for you. I get sort of an idea of what I'm doing wrong, when comparing to what you did in yours.

I was going to answer your questions and suggestions in this post, but I think I'll make it separate, for less confusion. :)
    @Kgaff - there are a lot of different legacies. I'm doing a random one where you roll each generation to find out how many sims will be in your family and what their careers and additional goals are. Here's a link to the random roller: http://randomlegacychallengeapp.weebly.com/

You just uncheck anything you don't have before rolling. There are some rules like only one free reroll of a single item during the entire legacy (unless you roll the joker, which offers another freebie every time you roll it).

There are legacies which start in an empty world and you have to build up the world buying a rabbit hole each generation and of course the apocalypse one where you go without certain things until someone makes it to the top of all the careers.

So, yeah, some are complicated; others not so much. But just put your own spin on what you like and play usually ten generations where the heir is always a child of the previous heir.

I was trying to find one to do but since the forum re-do most of the links are now broken and just lead back to the forum page. I think I'll try one with most of the stuff Un clicked, start in an empty lot and see what happens.

I guess I will have to force myself to have life spans, I always turn that off, and do the marriage and kids stuff. Oh boy this should be interesting. Maybe I'll even start myself a Wordpress page, I've never done that either! :o

Thanks for that link by the way, I always wondered what you were talking about by "rolling" this or that. I live in a vacuum sometimes.
    edited May 2017
    @MiaSkywalker

For the kitchen I like the lighter color of green in the second to last picture. Are the grout lines CASTable? If so would you make them white or the softest gray, then they wouldn't be so prominent. The floor could be a tad lighter too but I like the large tiles.
    Yes indeed, the grout is CASTable. In fact, I darkened it to make it more noticeable! Ironic that. :) Can easily lighten it to make it less so.
    Dining room chair E please.
    Desk P por favor in a deep rich wood but not red
    Desk chair F S'il vous plaît in a deep rich leather but not red
    You got it! When (if) I get in game tonight I will try some CASting of those things for you, and make sure what I do is what you want.
    I like the idea of a downstairs bath

I thought the circular room right of the entry was always going to be a study/library according to the original floor plan.
    It always did, but I totally spaced on it and forgot when placing the inside walls. Had to move the archway to the kitchen, and move the door leading from the entry to the front porch, back to the kitchen again. Had to widen the front porch by one square because I really NEEDED to have the three swinging chairs in the back! :lol:
    Having a family room upstairs is a good idea, it would be a good place for a game or painting easel.
    That's a good idea. I won't put a dominoes table in there, because I think the game forces you to need four people in order to play it, but I may put a foosball table and probably a second chess table. (For, like, when it's snowing out, and even the geeky father doesn't want to go outside just to work on his Logic skill.)

Since the dad is an astronomer, do you want me to put in any other geeky skilling things, like a science lab thing (forget what it's called), a brain enhancer, a chemistry station, or an inventing bench?
    I use debug lights all the time :) I am trying to break myself of having lights everyplace and on every wall. One time one critique I got said to use debug lights and then use table and floor lamps as decor items. It sounded like a good idea an I'm trying to do that in my current build but it ain't easy!!!
    Ironic, but I've been told the opposite! There was a build I did some time ago (quite a while ago), and someone - one of the more prolific builders on the site (can't remember who specifically, at the moment) - PMed me and told me not to use buydebug lights so much, but to use "real" lights instead. I felt very chagrined, but made certain from then on to only use them while building, or in tombs.

I will still use them when I end up with a dark corner that needs it, but I suspect the real problem is that they make it harder for the player to control lighting states. The player can click on a torch or a lamp and set it to dimmer or brighter, or change the color, but you can't do that with the debug lights because you can't see them.

In my medieval builds, I like to set the lighting color to "flame". It gives the light a warmer, slightly dimmer, glow to it, more like a candle or torch really should. And yes, you CAN make the debug lights do that color, IF there's another light in the room for the player to click on. Then the player can select either "all lights" or "this room", and the debug lights in that room will be affected.

I do like using lamps as decor items. The lights in the girl's room are decor; there's a table lamp in the restroom, and ceiling lamps in her bedroom and playroom. They felt like what a little kid would have. So yeah, I use them as decor (so I prefer if they have an environment score), but also for light. :)
    @kgaff - Here's a link to challenges on modthesims.info:
    http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?s=dcfb1007963bbbd3a8c67f82172bb0b4&f=564

I am really disappointed in the inability to find things on the old forums here, so it's nice that other sites have some great forums as well.

There are a couple people I know who are combining the "Random" legacy with the "Nothing is Free" one. (You'll note that both have 5 stars.) I'm thinking about trying that some day myself. But for now, I'll keep going with my random one.
    @MiaSkywalker Oh thank you! :blush: I loved doing it! I find Victorians to just be so charming and lovely and cozy <3
    While I'm here, I just want to again say thank you to @MiaSkywalker for hosting such a fantastic and fun (if a bit frenzied!) learning experience! For three of the five builds I was pushing the last second to finish in time, but I learned so much from the experience and from all of you!

From things I hadn't know, to ideas I'd have never thought of, styles that definitely pulled me out of my comfort zone, and styles that gave me a whole new perspective on things. Just looking at pictures isn't quite the same as having to carefully recreate the aesthetic, catching all those little details. And having feedback from not just another pair but 4 other pairs of eyes (or more!) was always nice to fall back on when creativity or ability was reaching its end.

It was also just so wonderful having the chance to really get to know you all, @kgaff @ciane @ADWilson, and even our stand-ins @aricarai and @KaytayRoall were and are delightfully talented.
    @MiaSkywalker
    Decisions, decisions ...

Backyard
    Added a fence and wondered which color choice you preferred or if you'd want a different palette or even different fencing.

No. 1
    Bj4phkl.jpg

No. 2
    uZjDA1P.jpg

The fence is low enough so the view isn't blocked :)
    G3AKKcL.jpg

Basement
    This is what I currently have in place. Let me know what you like or don't like.

Overview
    uQwqZd6.jpg

Food Preparation & Storage
    Contains: Sink, Canning Station, Bakery Rack, Shelves and a Storage Chest
    LoUzPua.jpg

Nectar Preparation & Storage
    Contains: Nectar Maker, Nectar Racks
    Q9oSwLI.jpg

1st Room ~ Alchemy
    Contains: Alchemy Station, 2 Insect Cabinets, 1 Elixir Cabinet and a Storage Chest
    aQkSqDQ.jpg

2nd Room ~ Gem Cutting
    Contains: Gem Cutting Machine
    ZtcPotc.jpg

Main Floor Ceiling
    Played around and wanted to see if you liked any of these.

No. 1
    Tile from the walls
    JvncWy3.jpg

No. 2
    Ceiling tile w/coordinating colors
    3S316ZD.jpg

No. 3
    Marble using coordinating colors
    Wc3BEPX.jpg