Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Round Robin Build Exchange

Comments

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    ADWilson wrote: »
    Thanks, @Kgaff :)

Between your kind words along with those from @creativemetaphor and @MiaSkywalker I am now breathing easier. I was concerned that I'd totally walked down the wrong road and would have to do a major do-over. Sooo relieved that isn't the case after all.

I don't know why I have two posts. The first one didn't show up for some reason, then it did. But Hey, it's just too awesome for one post!!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's looking nice Addy. I love the plants around the hot tub. That's a room we'd all love, right? I also like the rich colors and the mix of Indian dream pieces with the Moroccan.

I like the solid colors too, Mia. And I also love to use stone as my texture and add color to that! :smiley: Your home will be awesome!

On the home front, I'm still waiting for that last SP - Movie stuff! I've been going in to the pre-made worlds and editing them to delete community parking spaces, fencing that can trap animals, and, my pet peeve... lots of stairs. So, I use CFE to flatten the lot. Then I put one foundation piece close to the front right and another close to rear left and use CFE to level from one to the other. That way my sims only have four stairs to climb instead of the exaggerated eight stairs (or none at all). I usually think of stairs as a waste of time, unless it's going upstairs to bed. ;)

I am so anxious to play with my new houses and hope that my legacy game will run okay!
    @MiaSkywalker

I give you the stamp of approval on the girl's room :)

The couches look good that way and as you say some pictures on the walls will add to the color pops.

As far as doors go for the interior you can use the first, second or fifth door in the first set. Light wood tones please :) OR totally white :)

The bathroom tile is good, the floor is good, I like the diagonal tile in the shower, can you put that in the toilet area too. :) As for rugs there is the small rug from University Life that fits well in bathrooms, plus there is one that is blue and white rectangles or the one that is a yellowish and green stripes. They all seem to fit well in the smaller space. That half moon one always looks wonky in my game, all shiny and weird so I avoid it whenever possible.

I don't know what that weird line is, I've never seen it before :/

Windows, ah, they never seem to go where you want them. Don't worry about symmetry with them. Sometimes they end up in the strangest places like the shower and closets if you try to do that. :o

If you look at real life houses most of them only have one window per bedroom and two windows in rooms that face the front of the house (at least here).

I think I got everything. See you tomorrow, I spent the day doing yard work and I'm beat. Sleepy time now, zzzzzzz

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker

I give you the stamp of approval on the girl's room :)

The couches look good that way and as you say some pictures on the walls will add to the color pops.
    Oh, good. To both. :)
    As far as doors go for the interior you can use the first, second or fifth door in the first set. Light wood tones please :) OR totally white :)
    Oh, I'm SO glad you picked those! I had the others there just in case you might want one of them... but I was hoping not. :) There was one in the second set that I also liked for this, but it's two spaces wide, and that's often a problem.
    The bathroom tile is good, the floor is good, I like the diagonal tile in the shower, can you put that in the toilet area too. :) As for rugs there is the small rug from University Life that fits well in bathrooms, plus there is one that is blue and white rectangles or the one that is a yellowish and green stripes. They all seem to fit well in the smaller space. That half moon one always looks wonky in my game, all shiny and weird so I avoid it whenever possible.
    Ok, I agree with you on the diagonal tile. I'll look for the UL rugs; I am not recalling them right now. (And I'm not in game to look for them atm.)

I've never had the shininess problem with the half moon rug, but I could always use deco sompa to remove the specular. Sometimes that works, sometimes that doesn't.
    I don't know what that weird line is, I've never seen it before :/

Windows, ah, they never seem to go where you want them. Don't worry about symmetry with them. Sometimes they end up in the strangest places like the shower and closets if you try to do that. :o

If you look at real life houses most of them only have one window per bedroom and two windows in rooms that face the front of the house (at least here).

I think I got everything. See you tomorrow, I spent the day doing yard work and I'm beat. Sleepy time now, zzzzzzz
    Hm... true, most rooms only have one window. But most rooms irl are smaller than Sim rooms; if you made Sim rooms as small as many real life bedrooms, we'd get routing problems up the wazoo.

I really WISH I lived in some of these Sim homes; they live so luxuriously compared to how we do! :)
    Thanks for the compliment, @creativemetaphor :)

@MiaSkywalker
    Whew! **makes wiping forehead motion** Super GLAD you like how it's coming along. :smiley:

Will add pizza oven to the kitchen.
    I'll try rock or stone with the kitchen appliances.
    The wood flooring ... would you like it changed out to marble or large tile?
    Any other changes?
    Hm.. how about marble? You could keep it white, or whiten it further, or even change the color slightly. There are at least three variants of marble, although I don't care for the spotted one so much. It always seems to look like the area has measles.
    Tentative backyard is a fountain piece and maybe a pergola structure mimicking the porches for the canning station and nectar maker unless you'd prefer that I make a basement w/exterior entry <= if so, I could add a nectar cellar down there as well and possibly a faux food storage area. I figured that your sim wouldn't want a barbecue area or outside dining since desert sand isn't an acceptable condiment. Hmm ... maybe I should do the basement instead of a pergola structure so the canned goods and nectar are sand free as well :wink:
    Haha! Good point on the sand condiment. :) Actually, outside dining is done pretty often, to try to avoid the heat of cooking indoors. You might just put a tent around it if you choose to make an area like that. Or just use netting (curtains) with the pergola area as another option for blocking out the sand.

BUT... you can also put the canning station and nectar maker in a basement. I always think of those as things you'd do in a basement. That might be a bias on my part, though. A larder and faux food storage along with those would also be appropriate.

I love the idea of one or more outdoor fountains. An indoor fountain could even be cool, if there's room for it. The problem, of course, is with too many fountains it will limit where you can put your basement. :)
    With a basement, would you want a pool? If so, I could play around with fountains and pools to make a combination piece.
    Do you want the backyard fenced in? I don't know about your game, but in mine the yard must be fenced because the newspaper delivery kids and the mail carriers always attempt to go for a quick swim after stopping by.
    Fountain and pool combinations sounds fantastic! If you make a pool, make it in the back yard, not downstairs. As I discovered in that DV gym remake, fountain effects in basements don't do well. One interesting thing you can do with a pool and a basement, is make it so the basement can see into the pool using windows. I LOVE doing that! (The big windows that come with ITF are great for that, because they're seamless, so it looks like you're looking into an aquarium.) Maybe it's not totally appropriate for this, but still... it's pretty neat. :lol:

Yes, I've had the same problem with the newspaper kids and mail carriers. Why, exactly, do they think they are allowed to blow off work just to take a dip in MY POOL? Did I invite them? Did their boss say that it's OK to take a break? Then go home! :lol:
    As for the decor category, I try to grab everything I think I might need as well. Yard, upstairs, wherever there is a spot. However ... I have yet to do a build where I haven't either deleted something I later decide I want or I think of something I didn't get on the first attempt. Or the second. I wish we could simply scroll over said item and see an enlarged image or if clicked, get enlarged image with arrows leading to the next item much like the way the store has. If I open the 'all' tab and browse through it, I get scrolling rows which bothers my eyes so I look away while it does its thing.
    Yeah, there is so MUCH stuff in that category, it's easy to miss something, even if you're looking for it specifically. There have been times I've known that something is in that category, and yet I go over and over it, and just don't see it.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thanks for the compliment, @creativemetaphor :)

@MiaSkywalker
    Whew! **makes wiping forehead motion** Super GLAD you like how it's coming along. :smiley:

Will add pizza oven to the kitchen.
    I'll try rock or stone with the kitchen appliances.
    The wood flooring ... would you like it changed out to marble or large tile?
    Any other changes?
    Hm.. how about marble? You could keep it white, or whiten it further, or even change the color slightly. There are at least three variants of marble, although I don't care for the spotted one so much. It always seems to look like the area has measles.
    Tentative backyard is a fountain piece and maybe a pergola structure mimicking the porches for the canning station and nectar maker unless you'd prefer that I make a basement w/exterior entry <= if so, I could add a nectar cellar down there as well and possibly a faux food storage area. I figured that your sim wouldn't want a barbecue area or outside dining since desert sand isn't an acceptable condiment. Hmm ... maybe I should do the basement instead of a pergola structure so the canned goods and nectar are sand free as well :wink:
    Haha! Good point on the sand condiment. :) Actually, outside dining is done pretty often, to try to avoid the heat of cooking indoors. You might just put a tent around it if you choose to make an area like that. Or just use netting (curtains) with the pergola area as another option for blocking out the sand.

BUT... you can also put the canning station and nectar maker in a basement. I always think of those as things you'd do in a basement. That might be a bias on my part, though. A larder and faux food storage along with those would also be appropriate.

I love the idea of one or more outdoor fountains. An indoor fountain could even be cool, if there's room for it. The problem, of course, is with too many fountains it will limit where you can put your basement. :)
    With a basement, would you want a pool? If so, I could play around with fountains and pools to make a combination piece.
    Do you want the backyard fenced in? I don't know about your game, but in mine the yard must be fenced because the newspaper delivery kids and the mail carriers always attempt to go for a quick swim after stopping by.
    Fountain and pool combinations sounds fantastic! If you make a pool, make it in the back yard, not downstairs. As I discovered in that DV gym remake, fountain effects in basements don't do well. One interesting thing you can do with a pool and a basement, is make it so the basement can see into the pool using windows. I LOVE doing that! (The big windows that come with ITF are great for that, because they're seamless, so it looks like you're looking into an aquarium.) Maybe it's not totally appropriate for this, but still... it's pretty neat. :lol:

Yes, I've had the same problem with the newspaper kids and mail carriers. Why, exactly, do they think they are allowed to blow off work just to take a dip in MY POOL? Did I invite them? Did their boss say that it's OK to take a break? Then go home! :lol:
    As for the decor category, I try to grab everything I think I might need as well. Yard, upstairs, wherever there is a spot. However ... I have yet to do a build where I haven't either deleted something I later decide I want or I think of something I didn't get on the first attempt. Or the second. I wish we could simply scroll over said item and see an enlarged image or if clicked, get enlarged image with arrows leading to the next item much like the way the store has. If I open the 'all' tab and browse through it, I get scrolling rows which bothers my eyes so I look away while it does its thing.
    Yeah, there is so MUCH stuff in that category, it's easy to miss something, even if you're looking for it specifically. There have been times I've known that something is in that category, and yet I go over and over it, and just don't see it.

I found several ideas that I'd like to incorporate into this build so we'll see how things turns out! :smiley:

While the pool view in the basement is indeed pretty neat, I'm not sure that it would fit into the plans of a food preparation/storage area so won't be adding that feature here.

Not sure how much will get done on the project this weekend. Hubby is off work today and we're taking daughter to see friends graduate from her old school, tomorrow is a family outing that has been in the works for months (comics convention ~ we're getting a photograph with Stan Lee!!!) and Sunday is just as busy ... grand-nephew's 3rd birthday party as well as a celebration of life gathering for someone hubby knew since high school. Monday as far as I know should be a quiet day at home. We'll see. So yes, I am very glad we have an extension of time regarding this!
    edited May 2017
    Have a fun weekend Addy!

I finally got the last of the discs I needed and so I copied in the store stuff rather than reinstalling and it all seems to be there. None of the old saves work, BUT... and this is a big one, I was able to copy the .nhd file into another save with that world. So, I'm playing my legacy now!!!

I just downloaded all the homes you all made for me and will get my legacy family moved into Mia's build when I come back from grocery shopping. SO excited!!!
    @KaytayRoall Well, I think the new windows and shutters look great! Nice choice.

I worked on the outside of the house again. I took the pool and most of the fencing away. I added a deck and popped a hot tub there with a couple of deck chairs. The deck leads down to a 6x6 garden area.
    Screenshot-33_zpsmhzmlgfj.jpg
    Screenshot-35_zpsllr2rxaw.jpg

Screenshot-34_zpsy8e1kbjc.jpg

The entire right side of the lot is now left wide open for galloping horses to play :)

I started in on the tack/office. There is room for a small bathroom, shower, toilet and sink. I put in a single bed for napping but I think a sofa would work out better, it being an office and all. I need to rethink this area.
    Screenshot-40_zpsxptqqr3x.jpg
    Screenshot-41_zpsalq6xegu.jpg

I changed the cupola on the barn roof. It's a 2x2. I tried a 1x1 but it looked to small and silly, a 3x3 seemed to big. I tried two different wall coverings as well
    Screenshot-37_zpse88sxwl8.jpg
    Screenshot-38_zpsdvcgw3cm.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, I wish I knew more about your "style"
    Do you prefer cozy and cluttered, contemporary and neat, clean lines with some clutter?
    Flowery, geometric or solids?
    Wood, stone or carpeting?

I have some cabinets and dining room tables for you to choose from for style only. Also would you like upper cabinets?
    cabinet%20choice_zpsxztds90b.jpg
    table%20choice_zpsufwqnfcg.jpg

That's enough for now :)
    edited May 2017
    @MiaSkywalker I spent some time checking what curtains I have and found these. They are called Faire Meadow Curtain for 100 each. I LOVE them! If you choose the 2nd or 3rd variation there are tons of ways to recolor them. The curtain with the valance you used in the living rooms is still the best option for the three windows.
    Screenshot-27_zpsydrt9jbu.jpg

These are the rugs I was telling you about for the bathroom They each have multiple channels for colors. I like to use one of the weaves and then some thing to make it fit with the room
    Screenshot-30_zpsgib0upon.jpg
    Screenshot-31_zpst06v0kep.jpg

This is what I thought of when you said the front was too bland. These are totally recolorable so you can use the same brick you have now.
    I picked three of the variations. The default is on the left with the recolor on the right. I only changed the brick part but the sides are totally recolorable as well.
    Screenshot-25_zpskxnmdb3m.jpg
    Screenshot-26_zps5cvf81yb.jpg

Oh and the chairs. I don't think the ones with ruffles will fit in, while comfy looking they have a country/farm house feeling to me. The second one that looks like a shell would be nice in the master bedroom.

I went through what I have and here two ideas. I like the first one best because it adds some wood in the decor scheme and also adds some new angles compared to the floppy pillows on the sofa, it feels more contemporary to me.
    Screenshot-28_zpsxkwd1ypc.jpgScreenshot-29_zpswdaq8zeb.jpg

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @Kgaff The extended deck area and hot tub is looking good and the fenced garden is perfect!

I agree about a sofa instead of bed in the barn office space. Maybe a small bookshelf? Like the wooden crate one from the greenhouse set? I like the kitchenette setup and the lockers, though!

I like the lighter wall covering for the copula. Maybe try a 3x2? If that doesn't look right, I like the 2x2.

For style, I like mostly neat, clean lines with just a little clutter.

I crossed off the counters/tables that I don't want. The counter with the green arrow to it is one of my favorites, but you don't have to use it here if one of the others fits better. The tables, I kept changing my mind between two, so... arrows point to those two.
    CounterStyle.png

CounterStyle.png

Also, photobucket is now forcing me to disable my adblocker to view my images. Grrr...
    @KaytayRoall
    Yes, photobucket is being totally weird the last few days. It hasn't made me disable adblocker yet thank goodness, I hate all those "shock" ads they use.

In your last post the counters picture is up twice.

I'm glad you like the deck and garden area. I like your suggestions about the bookcase, that should look perfect.

I'll get started on the interior this weekend and should make some good progress.
    Sorry about that. Guess I got flustered with Photobucket being difficult. Yeah, it's especially bad about ads. I don't mind disabling my adblocker on sites that have unobtrusive ads. But the popping up ridiculous clickbait extra windows in your face and the lag on an already sluggish site... Yuck.

Anyway, here's the table picture.

DiningTable.png
    @ciane Move-in ready version is just about done, pending your approval.

First up, counter choices. Which style would you like? Also, thoughts on surface? Wood, stone, tile? Something else? Recoloring of any of the options is also possible, of course.

Screenshot-73.jpg

And here's how it looks now.
    Starting from the outside. I know you've seen it a lot already, but there have been some minor tweaks and I finally moved in a sim, so I was able to use cameraman mode for better pictures.

Screenshot-74.jpg

Screenshot-75.jpg

Screenshot-76.jpg

Looking in the front door at the entry way.

Screenshot-77.jpg

Living room

Screenshot-78.jpg

Screenshot-79.jpg

Kitchen

Screenshot-80.jpg

Screenshot-85.jpg

Half-way decent picture of the bathroom with only slight fishbowl effect

Screenshot-82.jpg

Bedroom

Screenshot-83.jpg

Screenshot-84.jpg

Overhead

Screenshot-86.jpg

Everything is of course still open for feedback and changes. Let me know what you think!

PS. @creativemetaphor Thank you for the shower tip. I knew that, but always forget. It is fixed now, although maybe not in the pictures, I can't remember. :)
    edited May 2017
    @KaytayRoall - It's perfect just the way it is! So very awesome! I love it! That fireplace is the perfect choice and so is the kitchen cabinetry and cupboards. I love the bathroom from the tiles to the layout and shape! The entry with the step up at the end, the soft wood and brick coloring and style, the total layout, that perfectly unique patio stair and wall shape, the minimalist landscaping ... it's fantastic!!! I LOVE it so much! This is so perfect for me and the way I play. I'm so glad you stepped in to build for me this round. Thank you so much! I can hardly wait for a chance to play it, but I'll enjoy the anticipation!

Meanwhile, I spent most of yesterday getting that sweet Victorian down into my sims' price range. The sims actually had a bit more money than I thought they had by selling everything at the old house except a few key items like the chef's fridge, teleporter, and fountain of youth; but I had to take almost 100,000 off the price of the new house. So, I took out extra rugs, chairs, lights, paintings, shelves, and even windows and curtains. I was getting desperate trying to get within budget while keeping everything I could. I took out the outside tile and put in terrain paint. I made the foundation and basement wall the free brick. I replaced the gorgeous wood tile on the ceiling in the basement and on the roof floors that you don't see with free wood. I loved everything just the was it was; so it was hard to keep trimming the price; but finally, my sims could afford it. I'll update my legacy story in a bit and show you the pics soon.

Okay, @MiaSkywalker, here is the link to the chapter in my legacy story where they move to your build:
    https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/gen-3/meteors-and-moves

There's a link within the chapter to the page with floor plans and exterior shots that include links to this thread and to your build as well.

I hope you like the way it looks. I tried to keep everything just the way it was, but I had to get that price down so my sims could move in.

Also, I couldn't place the lot on Merchant Way where you had built it. Maybe something spawned on that lot in my game that prevented it. But I put it close by. I think I just changed a commercial lot to a residential one.

Post edited by ciane on
    @ciane Yay!! I'm go glad you like it! <3

A couple more questions as I get it ready for uploading.

1) The current cost is just a hair under $16,500 with only the depreciation that happened from moving in a sim, almost no in-game time has passed. Would you like me to depreciate it some more so you can at least afford a few furnishings (like a bed lol)?

2) How do you feel about upgraded appliances? I usually go for self-cleaning on plumbing and fireproof for stoves and fireplaces. Do you have other preferences? Or do you prefer them not upgraded?

3) Ideas for a name? I'm not great at naming. I'll come up with something if no one does, but might as well ask.

4) Do you want a fully furnished version as well? If so, any sort of budget or specific requests?

It has been a pleasure building for you, thank you so much! I had no idea about Scandinavian architecture before this, so I got to discover a new style that I like a lot thanks to you and had fun along the way. :)
    Fortunately, there are always sleeping bags. ;) Probably, my sim can carry a bed in the family inventory during the move.

That said, feel free to depreciate the price and/or upgrade however you like. If sims need more handiness, they can always just choose another upgrade to place on something. I think fireproof and self-cleaning are great upgrades (and often, a nice selling feature)!

If you still have your original layout for this build, it would be awesome to see what you did with it as well.

If you do a fully furnished version, I'd still prefer a minimally furnished home with a reasonable budget (around 30k).

I love Scandinavian Simplicity! (But maybe someone else will come up with something you like better.)
    I've been playing with that mod by Icarus. I've just changed a painting into a t.v. The writing paper and quill have to be set right to use as a computer, but I have Linda playing chess on it now! It was easy to change the bottom bunks into high energy single beds as well. LOVE that mod and so easy to use after you reread the instructions about using it in buy/build mode and using cntl-shift click on it!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekends.
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ADWilson Welp, since this is the end of the two weeks - even with an extension - I'll go ahead and call this done and ready for you!

I've tinkered just slightly here and there - the build is exact but I've done a bit of recoloring on one or two items and added an item here or there. With only two days of depreciation it's just over 23,000.

Mintborough House

Exterior
    1%20Exterior%201_zpsvevrrdvw.jpg
    1%20Exterior%202_zpsvltjiyhy.jpg
    1%20Exterior%203_zpsvjxcmo0b.jpg
    1%20Exterior%204_zpsfvu25e60.jpg
    1%20Exterior%205_zpsbjbkxn1m.jpg
    1%20Exterior%206_zpspnqrajx3.jpg
    1%20Exterior%207_zps6wuwjiq3.jpg

Floor plans
    1%20FloorPlan%201_zpswjj1dho1.jpg
    1%20FloorPlan%202_zps7vjwz8k8.jpg

Main Floor
    Entry
    2%20Entry%201_zps3olduuey.jpg
    2%20Entry%202_zpsjvbk3nvs.jpg
    2%20Entry%203_zpsnopdbiuy.jpg
    2%20Entry%204_zps1olttzwj.jpg
    2%20Entry%205_zpsdxa8kwm3.jpg

Parlor and Dining
    3%20Parlor%201_zpskil6zdae.jpg
    3%20Parlor%202_zpsoye58lcd.jpg
    4%20Dining%201_zpslb7wqaud.jpg
    4%20Dining%202_zpscr3hrfx7.jpg
    4%20Dining%203_zpsa9jmhkof.jpg

Kitchen and Outhouse
    5%20Kitchen%201_zpsvaf4l3py.jpg
    5%20Kitchen%202_zpsymar9sog.jpg
    5%20Kitchen%203_zps8gjdschu.jpg

Upper Floor
    Bedroom and Bathroom
    6%20Bedroom%201_zpskptgqcd7.jpg
    6%20Bedroom%202_zpsnshuhrdl.jpg
    7%20Bathroom%201_zpsearcjrtz.jpg
    7%20Bathroom%202_zpsysnvweqa.jpg
    7%20Bathroom%203_zpsgnfmgrbn.jpg

Gallery
    8%20Gallery%201_zps9wodtxan.jpg
    8%20Gallery%202_zpsc8siwtxu.jpg
    8%20Gallery%203_zpsd0ppdbgo.jpg
    8%20Gallery%204_zps7kogokdh.jpg

Now of course I did promise the extended version to give some ideas how to expand the house while keeping the architecture and feeling intact. In this case I didn't even need to put it on a larger lot - adding directly out the back and following the existing roofline created by the gable in the back. This extends the upper floor as well and I showed an option to have a second bedroom if you like - or at least a second room for whatever you may want.

The kitchen, back porch, and toilet room didn't really change, they just kinda rotated 90 degrees. A small study fills in where the kitchen vacated.

These additions were surprisingly cost effective, bringing the house to only just a bit over 33,500, so not a huge jump from what it was. It wouldn't be too long before it could be enlarged.
    Screenshot-1_zps9oqgvgm4.jpg
    Screenshot-2_zpscdtjzgpu.jpg
    Screenshot-3_zpsvse1oj3h.jpg
    Screenshot-5_zpsllpfliny.jpg
    Screenshot-4_zpscxvsb2yj.jpg

This is, of course, only a suggestion. There are many other ways to add on, including down. You could, for example, add a spiral stair stack to a dug-out basement inside the foundation, or move the house to a larger lot for greater expansion off the back and side.

Love the way you extended the home, @creativemetaphor! It's just as pretty as the original and very well laid out.

@MiaSkywalker - Thank you so much for that lovely home and all the goodies you packed up for them in the treasure boxes. I love the 400 bottles of awesome nectar as well as all the great potions and everything else!

Here's pics of the last of the generation in your home:

https://iamciane.wordpress.com/legacy/random-legacy/gen-3/birthdays-graduations-and-good-byes

Next up, will be back a return to Aurora Skies but this time in the build that @ADWilson made for me.

I hope you've all had a fun time this weekend.
    ciane wrote: »
    @MiaSkywalker - Thank you so much for that lovely home and all the goodies you packed up for them in the treasure boxes. I love the 400 bottles of awesome nectar as well as all the great potions and everything else!

Here's pics of the last of the generation in your home:.
    You're welcome! :)

I haven't tried using the Greave's set to be a laptop. I wasn't sure it would work. Can the Sims pop that into inventory the way they can a laptop?

It was very cool seeing your Sims living in that home. I really enjoyed that!
    To tell the truth, I didn't try to put it in their inventory. Icarus had mentioned that trying that with the rug would need MC to get it out, so that kind of kept me from experimenting too much.

I did delete the script cache to see what would happen before loading up my game. The twins were still in their lower bunks sleeping, but couldn't get out of them. They had to be reset. So, I'm not sure if deleting the script cache messed those up or not. The "laptop" code wasn't deleted, so I think you can make a bed a more expensive one UNLESS it's a bunk bed. Bunk bed coding is different.
    @Kgaff:
    I'm sorry I've been so quiet the last couple of days. I haven't been sick - so far as I know - but I also haven't been able to stay awake. I think I've only been awake for about 3-5 hours each day for the past two days.

I worked on this a bit today, but I'm getting that same exhausted feeling, so I may not be able to work on it any more today. That said, I did make some changes, and I have some more options to submit to you. I'm still having problems with tinypic (maybe I've gone over my limit, even though they don't state that there's a limit, nor do they tell you how close you are to it), so once again, it's on my website. The pictures are here. The newest pictures are towards the top of the page, and the oldest are now at the bottom.

First, the outside brick. I changed it out to one you suggested, which also happens to be one of my favorite bricks. (Not necessarily for medieval builds, but just in general.) I like it because it doesn't look as straight and perfect as regular bricks. It also gives less of that "little brick schoolhouse" feeling to me. I didn't add the... I can't remember what it's called, when it has a vertical board on one side, because the siding already has that. That said, I can change that so that the vertical part of the siding is a different color than the rest of the siding. Let me know what you think.

Next, tables. Which one(s) would you prefer? I avoided any that seemed to fluffy, and I wanted to keep it to mid-sized, so I didn't put in any of the one space or three space tables.

Outside porch area, multiple angles.

Little Girl's room, with the new curtains, and a few minor things I had forgotten before. (Towels, toilet paper... you know.) Added some hooks for her backpack and jacket. I couldn't get that into her bedroom, so I put it right outside. If you hate it, I will delete. I think I'll let you CASt it though.

Master bedroom and master bathroom. I don't know if you like that end table or not. There's a similar one that's round, that I liked as well. Or if you'd prefer a completely different style, let me know. I haven't decided if I want to leave the closet area as it is, or if I'll wall it off and add a door for a walk-in closet. As it is, they can't step up to the dresser and use it, because of the shoe rack in front of it. But if you use Nraas, then that's completely irrelevant.

Finally, the mud room. It's not really a usable room, it's more for deco. :) Well, you CAN use the washer and dryer; I was careful not to block those.

I'm getting to the point where I feel that other than a tiny bit more clutter or deco, the master bathroom and bedroom are done. The kitchen also doesn't have much to it. The little girl's bedroom is done.

I need to do the dining room, and finish the living room. I also haven't worked on the adults' study at all. The playroom also needs a lot of work. Good thing we all have an extension on this round, huh?
    edited May 2017
    @MiaSkywalker It all looks wonderful!!

Those curtain worked out great, I do love them. The girls room looks really good and I don't mind the shelf outside the door.

The master bedroom looks nice. I like the shades of green and the chairs look great in front of the fireplace, how romantic.

The tables I like are B K M N P or Q, I can't decide so I leave the choice to you.

The outside looks good, I like the brick with the cream color siding, it blends nicely. The little side porch is good too. I like the hanging chairs and a place to play chess.

I wasn't expecting a laundry room so that's a bonus :)

I have only two changes, one we talked about before and that is tile in the kitchen, but maybe you didn't get that far yet and since you added that laundry room would you use the same tile there too please.

So far so good :) Feel better soon <3

BTW, I am loving the extension because I am sooooo faaaaar behind myself.