Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you rename your books?

Just curious... when in the Creative/Bestselling Author aspiration (or whenever your sim decides to write a book...), do any of you actually rename/re-title the books that your sims write, or do you just accept the random title generated by the game?
cat01.gif
My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
#keepitfree

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    If I am inspired, I give them my own title. If not, I accept the random title. They are actually super funny.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    Yep. I write my own descriptions too.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It's funny, I never play writer Sims but I'm a writer in real life.
  • ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    I love to give them a good title and synopsis about the plot. I just wish there were more room for the synopsis/description. Sometimes my Sims end up writing sequels/prequels. It's fun to see how succesful each book in a series turn out to be. :)
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Always. I might name a biography 'The Rise and Fall of Sarevok Anchev'. A romance novel might be 'Weeping of the Spoony Bard'. I might have a sim who has completed the Renaissance Sim aspiration and is writing an athletic skill book name it 'QFC + P: A Primer'.
  • TriX0099TriX0099 Posts: 850 Member
    Yes. Otherwise they end up with too many repeats since I never remember who wrote what, as I play rotationally. I am not very imaginative though and usually end up doing some variation of the suggested title - until I run out of ideas for those. I just don't like seeing the long list of published books and noticing several books with the same title on it.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    Always. I always title them and write a description.
    giphy.gif
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Yup I do lol

(Some children books in Ts3 were called Jimmy Sprocket, so paid homage to them with some Ts2 references)

....Jimmy Sprocket and the flying Pig.
    ...,Jimmy Sprocket and the the Mystical Cheese
    .....Jimmy Sprocket and the Great Sissors Run.

In my darker days of Ts4 launch ....

......The sims 4, what is it?
    ......Where are the toddlers?
    ......Silence, A game developer guide to keeping quite.

Lol and many others, it's funny to see the royalty cheques come in for some of those titles

My later one have been more lite hearted

....The secret lives of 3,4 and 5 year olds (reference to a BBC show about toddlers )

But yes I always rename the books.
  • JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Always put my own names on them! Much more fun that way :smiley:
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Really interesting responses... many thanks! :)

I never used to bother, but recently I've started playing 'themed' characters, each with their own specific agendae and methods for achieving them. I suppose if I could write, then I'd compose some storylines around playing time.

My current sim has writing aspirations, and the books he writes are 'a la' lawyer/courtroom dramas (think Earl Stanley Gardner), and some titles have been 'Anna Terney and the Amorous Avocado', and 'Anna Terney and the Bloated Banana'. I have to admit I haven't been adding descriptions, but it seems such a great way to go, to add a short summary of the 'plot'.

Thank you for your ideas! :D
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    If the mood strikes me. Otherwise, I just use the randomly generated titles. I will change the title if I get a duplicate, however.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Not often. I wish there was a randomize button. My writers are there to churn out many books and bring in as much money as possible. Books seem to bring in less than they did in TS3, but at least you can get them out faster. I just wish the royalties were more on par with what you can make from painting.
  • Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    I always name mine. If I can't think of something I use a movie title
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member

"It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    I usually keep the randomly generated names because they're awesome! Haven't had one where I thought I could do better yet!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Depends on the genre and title. I have a standby Romance series I've written since Sims 3 (Spring Horizons, Summer Passions, Autumn Harvest, Winter Delight) so I'll usually use those first for Romance novels. I'll come up with some interesting names for children's books (like Toddlers and Other Mythical Creatures -- guess I have to retire that one :D ), science fiction (The Great Space Race) or fantasy (Which Witch Is Which? A Wizard At Pause).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

^This. ^
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    If I can't think of a name when writing it, then I ponder it and name it later before publishing.

I usually base them on what's happening in my sim's life. E.G.

One of my sims, Mia Moré, wrote several children's books based on her kids and their favourite activities.

Amy Caught a Fish
    Anna at the Library
    Albert's Greatest Joke

Etc.

She also wrote a series of romance novels which were titled Brazen ____

Brazen Fire
    Brazen Lust
    Brazen Hussy

Etc.

My alien author is writing a non-fiction series on alien child-rearing. :p
  • REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    I try to write my own titles and descriptions, but when I'm going for the aspiration I sometimes get a bit lazy, or I'm not feeling creative, or both.

Sometimes it seems impossible to reach the level of humor and creativity of the game creators. (Who writes these?) Some of them are absolutely brilliant to the point that I now find a small pleasure in reading the book titles and descriptions that I find in the game.
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I almost always rename the books. I try to make it something personal to that sim. My sim that I made after my daughter recently wrote the bestseller romance, Don't Touch Me! When I told her about it she laughed and said that sounds like the type of romance novel she would write LOL. I did however let her keep the auto titled sad book Mama Doesn't Love You Anymore because that was a perfect title too. It all depends on the sim and what they are like or have lived through. :)
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    Anyone know if it's possible to have your sim write toddler books and put them in the book shelf?
  • poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Anyone know if it's possible to have your sim write toddler books and put them in the book shelf?

I haven't had an option to write toddler books. That would be fun though!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I used to, but I almost always used random title generators, anyway. In the end, I got tired of coming up with new titles, so I just use the default ones. The only exception is if I can actually think of something good to name my book--for example, in my Legacy family, I had my founder's daughter write a novel called "From Ninja to Detective: The Story of Ayame Adamson." :D
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Except for one exception I always put my own titles and descriptions. The exception was a sim who had to churn out books for money and didn't even keep a copy for himself.

I also default replaced the ingame books so that I'll have the good old favourites like Grim Fairy tales in every save without having to constantly write them myself. Most of the replacement titles refer to stories that I played in Sims 2 and 3.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Writer is my favorite career. I always change the name of the book and usually write something in the description. Altough, it's annoying when you run out of characters :(