Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @KaikoMikkusu Welcome and thanks for the comment. :)

What? You don't think I'd leave everyone hanging like that do you??? ;)

It's just taking me some time to pull the next part together.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

Will he leap into a premade sim from another town? Or, he could leap into young Emmaline Rhoen and live Emmaline's life from her side? Or does he leap into Catarina's new baby?

@KaikoMikkusu One of those is correct. ;) You will just have to see. :mrgreen:

I started writing the next part last night and today I need to take a few more screenshots and make sure I get the dialogue written out just right. :)

Thank you everyone for your patience. <3
    edited April 2018
    Alrighty! The moment you've all been waiting for. ;) Enjoy!

"My Ways Are Not Your Ways..."

****Meanwhile back on Earth****

Gushie burst into Al's office at the Project site. "AL!" he cried.
    Having dozed off in the rather uncomfortable sofa across from his desk, Al's eyes shot open at the sound of his name.
    "He's leaped!" Gushie informed, "Sam leaped!"
    "What!?" Al asked in disbelief, abruptly sitting himself up.
    "We're all just as surprised as you."
    "How could that happen?" Al asked, standing up and tucking his shirt back into his pants. "He didn't stop that Rhoen lady!"
    "I know," Gushie acknowledged, "Ziggy's trying to figure it all out."
    "Is he back on Earth?" Al asked, throwing his suit coat around his back and putting it on.
    "No," Gushie replied mournfully, "but," he continued, drawing in a breath, "there's a man in the imaging chamber right now and he's...not very happy."
    Reaching for the box of cigars on his desk, Al grabbed one and whipped past Gushie, through the doorway and toward the chamber without saying a word.

****Present time after the leap****

It was a feeling he hadn't experienced in years, but he was reminded exactly of what it had been when the bright, bluish light faded and his eyes could fully open. Sam Beckett had leaped once again.

Heart beating rapidly and panic setting in, the realization of the event hit him to the core.
    "NOOOOOOO!" he screamed, throwing his clenched fists up to his temples.

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_1.jpg

"No!" he cried again, looking around from one direction to another. "Oh God no!" God. The very mention of the supreme Being's name caused Sam's blood to boil. He stomped his foot, threw his hands down to his sides and shouted towards the Heavens, "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!? I was SO close to making it possible for me to return to Hidden Springs!"

SB_added_pics_1.jpg

The overflow of tears welling up in his eyes felt so heavy that it caused Sam's body to sink to the ground, upon his knees. He coughed and spluttered amidst the whirlwind of emotions, tears coursing down his face "How could You do this?" he asked again.

Unbeknownst to Sam, Al appeared just then, a few feet away from him. Al was anxious to speak with his dear friend, but noticing his present state, Al decided to give him a few minutes.

SB_added_pics_2.jpg
    SB_added_pics_3.jpg

Sam could no longer utter anymore words. What's the point? he thought, what's done is done. I have no control over it. He thought he was used to dealing with this by now, but this time it was the hardest to accept. For many, many reasons.

Sam...

The faint voice shot his head up. "God?" he instinctively asked.

No Sam...

"Kid?" Al asked concernedly, stepping closer. "You alright?"
    The sight of Al provided great relief, but at the same time it made the tears fall again. "Al!" Sam exclaimed, carefully standing up. "Oh Al, I leaped again!"
    "I know," Al said, wishing he could help Sam to his feet. He still kept a distance out of respect.

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_2.jpg

"What the h*** happened to cause this?"
    "We don't know."
    "I mean, how could this have happened?" Sam asked again. "I didn't right any wrongs! Certainly not the one we thought I was supposed to."
    "No," Al acknowledged, placing his hands in his pocket.
    Sam tried hard to calm himself as he looked around again. "Well, it's obvious I'm not back on Earth. Am I still in the same world as Hidden Springs?" His hopeful eyes bored into Al's soul.
    It made Al hesitate. "No, but--"
    "No!? Al this place looks JUST like it!"
    "You didn't let me finish Sam. You're in the same Galaxy. On another planet of their Solar System."

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_3.jpg

Sam squeezed his temples with his forefingers and thumb. "Oh boy!"
    "But you know that's a good thing," Al added, stepping closer. "It made it much easier for us to track you down so I could be here right away to help. Ziggy's got some information." He glanced down at the Hand-link.

Sam paid it no mind. "So God is just going to throw me around this Galaxy until I've done everything I need to do on each world and then throw me into another Galaxy? Is that how my leaping, how my LIFE, is going to work now!?"
    "Sam," Al paused, "I don't know...and I understand you being upset kid, I really do, but you gotta admit things could definitely be worse."
    "WORSE!?" Sam cried, "Nothing's been more worse than this Al! God knew I was THIS close," he motioned with his fingers, "to making it possible to leap back to Hidden Springs! The place I've grown to love with all my heart, the place I have called Home for the last three years and then BAM! He leaps me. With not a care in the universe about MY feelings!"

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_7.jpg

Al sighed. He was never good with words in situations like this. "Sam...I know it's not what you want to hear but," he paused, "you seem to forget who's in charge here."
    "It was supposed to be ME! The 'String Theory' and Quantum Leaping were MY discoveries!"
    "Yes. They are, but we both knew from the beginning that travelling through time might also mean you'd be at the mercy of God's will and not your own. He has and always will be the creator and moderator of time."
    "I don't ever remember discussing that."
    "Well I do!" He stepped closer.
    "That doesn't matter right now anyway Al," Sam added, "besides, my 'String Theory' obviously isn't relevant anymore. I've travelled WAY past my own lifetime!"
    "Not necessarily, these could be events that DID happen in your lifetime. We just don't have the ability to know if they are."
    "Gosh Al," Sam faltered, kicking a little rock off the driveway towards the street. "I don't want to be stuck in different places in time for the rest of my life...I just want a place to call Home. A place to settle down." He looked down and shook his head. "I didn't sign up for this."

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_4.jpg

When Sam's shoulders shook with emotion, Al couldn't help getting closer to him and patting his back, even though he knew he couldn't feel it. "It's going to be ok Sam," he comforted, although Sam could hear another voice saying that along with Al. It was strange. "And you never know," Al continued, trying to look on the bright side, "you might just leap back to Hidden Springs to stop that Rhoen lady. Obviously something important needs to be done here first."

"I do hope you are right Al," Sam said with longing.

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_5.jpg

"I'd give anything to go back...I mean, I left Donna there...just after we'd gotten together." Then his eyes widened as he thought more about it. "Donna!" he cried, "Al! She was meeting me for our date!"
    Al's eyebrows shot up.
    "I-I was going to tell her the truth about me and...I leaped. She's going to think I stood her up!" His heart pounded again.
    "You remember all that?" Al asked unexpectedly to Sam.
    "Yes!" Sam answered, "I...remembered." Sometimes he couldn't remember what he did in his previous leaps. "I remember it ALL!"

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_6.jpg

"Well that's great!" Al exclaimed.
    "Or it's a curse...," Sam said, looking down sadly again. "Especially if I never go back."

He then buried his face in the palms of his hands. "Oh Al I can't BEAR to think...
    What if Donna thinks I just up and left her? I'll lose her! This is all my fault for not telling her the truth about me sooner!"

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_8.jpg

"Kid," Al said, stretching forth a comforting hand again. "All is not lost. You told me that Emma gal was going to cover things up for you when you leaped right?"
    Slowly lowering his hands, Sam replied, "Yes." Emma. The thought of leaving her as well pained his heart.
    "Then we just have to trust that she will take care of Donna for you. She'll come up with a convincing story about your disappearance."
    Sam nodded. "I hope Donna will understand...whatever Emma tells her."
    "I hope so too kid."

Giving Sam a few more seconds to pull himself together, Al whipped out the Hand-link and said, "Alrighty Sam...Ziggy's got all the information about the guy you just leaped into and I had a rather interesting chat with him myself in the--"

"Thornton?" a woman's voice interrupted him.

Sam and Al looked up in the direction of the voice. A woman, dressed in scrubs, stood by the railing of the front door deck.

SB_added_pics_6.jpg

"That's his wife, Morgana," Al quickly said to Sam, "and you're Thornton."
    Sam slightly turned his head towards him and whispered, "Yeah, I think I got that."

"What are you still doing here?" Morgana asked Sam. "I thought you'd gone to work already! You're late!" She began heading down the stairs.
    "Oh..uhh...," Sam stammered, thinking. "I decided I...I'm not feeling well."
    "Good one Sam!" Al cheered.

Morgana stopped for a few moments right before Sam to say, "Well that doesn't surprise me after all the partying you did last night." Her tone sounded reviled. Immediately she headed for her car.

SB_added_pics_7.jpg

"Geez, what crawled up her--"
    "Al!"
    "What?" Morgana asked, turning towards them.
    "Nothing," Sam answered with a grin. "I'll just...head back inside and lay down."
    "Umm, you need to move your car first so I can get out."
    Sam stared in admiration at the luxurious car that was "his." "Right," he said.
    "Hurry up or I'll be late," she said and opened the car door, swinging herself in.

Once Sam moved his car, his "wife" took off in a flash. She most likely didn't see him waving goodbye to her from the rear-view mirror.

SB_added_pics_4.jpg

Still punching buttons on the Hand-link Al said, "I think I can explain her attitude Sam, but first let's go inside." He chuckled. "You gotta get a glimpse of yourself!"
    "I'll be there in a minute," Sam said, turning to look back down the road again.
    "Ok." Al punched a couple of buttons and disappeared, transporting into the house.

Thoughts of leaving Hidden Springs tugged at Sam's heartstrings once again. A couple of light tears fell from his eyes and he immediately wiped them away. He still couldn't believe what happened. "You better send me back there," he ordered God.

SB_reacts_to_first_leap_9.jpg

"Or I'll never trust You again!"

And with that he entered the grand, modern, beach house that was his "home." For now.

The+Sims+3+-+Sunset+Valley+-+Lone+Wolff+Manor+-+1br,+4ba.jpg

As always...to be continued.
    :p
    Post edited by emorrill on
    edited April 2018
    Hey everyone. :)

This was a tough update for me to write. I think a good part of it is because it's the first time I am writing about Sam leaping into someone else and that takes a bit of creativity and coming up with a whole new story. Also, trying to explain how the details of "leaping" works and remembering that Al is a hologram is a toughie too. :p

Please forgive the changes in lighting in the pictures...a few of them I took before adding the lighting mod to my game. :p
    There's a bit of dialogue and not as many pics, just as a forewarning. ;)

I read through this update like 10 times and corrected/added things so...I hope it turned out great and is enjoyable for you all. :) Thank you for reading. <3
    Enjoy!

Mirror Image

Once Sam entered the grand home he took a look around and didn't have the slightest clue where the nearest bathroom was. There wasn't even a mirror in sight. He lifted his hands in frustration.

"Get up here already Sam!" Al called from upstairs.
    Sam rushed up. At the top he was faced with an open office room, with very nice views of the ocean through wide wall to ceiling windows.
    Al poked his head out through the wall to Sam's right. "The bathroom's in here Sam."
    Noticing the door not far from Al's head, Sam opened it and immediately made his way to the mirror.

For a few seconds he just stood there, staring at his reflection dumbfoundedly.
    "Oh boy..." he said, his breath trailing off.
    "I know, right?" Al agreed.

SB_leaps_Thornton_3.jpg

"No I mean seriously," Sam paused, leaning in closer, "Look at these mutton chops!"
    "Heck yeah!" Al exclaimed, with a chuckle, "you're looking strappy my friend!"
    "Shut up Al," Sam muttered.

SB_leaps_Thornton_2.jpg

After poking and caressing his face a bit, Sam asked, "So what's this guy's story Al?"
    While pulling out the Handlink Al replied, "I thought you'd never ask me." He punched a few buttons and said, "Alright...your name is Thornton Wolff. You're married to Morgana, whom you met earlier."
    "How could I forget?"
    "You've got a job in Business," Al continued, "and I'll fill you in on the details of that later."

More sounds erupted from the Handlink as Al pushed buttons and read. "Morgana works at the Hospital, the two of you have only been married for a few months and don't have any kids...yet."
    Sam glanced at Al questionably.
    "You, Thornton, seems very career driven. Not exactly the ideal family man."
    Sam nodded, noting that for future reference.
    "From what I could tell chatting with the guy in the imaging chamber he's a bit of a schmuck," Al stated, lowering the Handlink, "I tried to get as much information out of him as I could, but it was a doozy. For starters he was demanding and rude. When I asked about him and Morgana's relationship he hesitated a bit and admitted rushing into their marriage, but appeared like he regretted it and refused to go into anymore detail on the matter."
    "Oh boy..." Sam whispered. "So once again I leap into a guy who's personality is the exact opposite of mine? Lovely." That was always complicating.
    "It would seem so."

SB_leaps_Thornton_1.jpg

Now Sam turned to face Al. "So what does Ziggy have to say about why I'm here?"
    "Well," Al began, glancing at the Handlink again, "before I get into that let me give you the original history Ziggy uncovered on this troubled couple."
    Folding his arms, Sam gave Al his undivided attention.
    "In just a week from now, Thornton asks Morgana for a divorce, runs off with another gal and Morgana...," he stopped, gulping.
    "What?" Sam asked in concern.
    Looking him in the eye, Al answered, "She...kills herself Sam."
    Sam's eyes widened. "What!?"
    Al nodded.
    "How?"
    "Does that really matter?"
    "Well no, I guess not," he paused, looking down and thinking, "so Ziggy predicts I am here to stop that from happening?"
    "Yup. About 99 percent."
    Sam shook his head. "That might take a while to do Al," he said, "I mean, you saw the way she treated me earlier. I need more information on what's happened between them before I leaped in!"

SB_as_Thornton_with_Al_5.jpg

"Well, like I said, I practically had to wrangle any personal info out of that nozzle," Al complained, "but...he did mention that the two of them were fighting over having children before he found himself in the imaging chamber."
    "Fighting over having kids?" Sam asked with an absurd look on his face.

SB_as_Thornton_with_Al_2.jpg

"Well, don't look so shocked Sam," Al said, "many people nowadays don't want to have kids."
    "I'm not shocked Al, I just...think it's a sad thing to argue about."
    "I'm with ya on that kid, but...not everyone feels the same way."
    Sam just shook his head again. He loved children and would give anything to have some of his own one day. It really was going to be difficult to "play" as Thornton.
    "My guess is," Al added, "Morgana wants kids and Thornton doesn't. That's why she's so upset with you right now."
    Sam nodded.
    "It's definitely a sticky situation Sam, but you gotta convince her that you DO want children to save their marriage. AND her life!"
    "But Al, since this guy really DOESN'T want children and comes back here after I leap, even after all my efforts, how is that saving anything?"
    "C'mon Sam, you know how it all works!" Al expressed. "When they return back to their life after you leap, they retain all the feelings and memories you experienced for them."
    Oh yeah... "But Al I can't just CHANGE this guy's mind about something as big as not wanting to have children!"
    "You've GOT to Sam! Morgana's life depends on it! Ziggy's 85 percent sure that's the main reason he asks for the divorce."

Sam turned away in anxiety. It's not like he hadn't been in similar situations before, but this time it was much harder to do what needed to be done. For personal reasons. "I'm not sure how to do this Al," he said, facing his friend again.
    "Sam, it's simple," Al said, counting with his fingers, "apologize, make up and show her how much you love her."
    "But I don't love her Al," Sam said sadly, "how can I show her that if I have a girlfriend? How can I kiss her and not feel like I'm cheating?"

SB_as_Thornton_with_Al_3.jpg

"Or make love to her," Al mumbled, glancing away.
    "That's not going to happen!"
    "Hey! She might want it...then what are you going to do? If you shaft her then her suspicions about you and this other gal might come back and ruin everything! You know women have this innate sense--"
    "Al! The point is I'd come into these leaps before not remembering much from my past and especially not being in a serious relationship with anyone. Now I am! I just don't see how I can accomplish this!"

SB_as_Thornton_with_Al_1.jpg

He threw his hands in the air and turned away again.

For a moment Al didn't know what to say. He could certainly understand Sam's feelings, but it was another one of those moments where he had to be the encouraging mentor. Often times that meant telling Sam a lot of what he didn't want to hear.

"Kid," Al started, "You've been through a h*** of a lot these past three years, I get it. I sympathize. You finally found happiness and a place to call home when suddenly you're leaping back into other people's lives again. It's OK to be upset, it's normal to feel discouraged, but," he stepped closer, "I know you were leaped into this situation because you're the only person who can change this man for the better. Yes it means showing love and affection to his wife as if she were your own, but it's not an act of cheating. It's saving a life. MANY lives! That's what you have to focus on and not let your other emotions get in the way."
    Looking down, trying to hold back tears Sam slightly nodded. It was true. He reluctantly turned back to face Al.
    "Sam...leaping and changing the world is your destiny," Al continued, "there's no escaping it anymore. I know you didn't ask for it, but you were called to do it. No matter what you're required to do, God will give you the help and courage to accomplish it. And you know that I and everyone else on the Project will be right here to help."
    "I know Al," Sam said with a sniff and wiped at his nose.

SB_as_Thornton_with_Al_4.jpg

He really did appreciate the words of encouragement, but still h'at'ed being in the current predicament. "I just wish I knew if I'd be returning to Hidden Springs. I must Al...," he said, looking his friend in the eye, "my heart aches for it!"
    "I know kid," Al said, then shrugged. "But we'll never know unless you leap again...so that means making things right with Thornton and Morgana."

Hearing that gave Sam more motivation than he expected. The desire to leap Home had always been the driving force to do what needed to be done before. He could only hope and pray, each day, that this next leap would TRULY...be the leap Home. To Hidden Springs.

*****Meanwhile in Hidden Springs*****

It didn't take long for Emma Simself to figure out that Sam had leaped. Rumors were flying around everywhere about his sudden disappearance, some even started to wonder if he'd been abducted my aliens. Emma rolled her eyes at the thought as she stepped into her car to go to Sam's house. She had a promise to keep.

When she arrived, she found the key under the doormat, unlocked the door and carefully stepped inside.
    "Sam?" she called out, just to make sure. She closed the door behind her and pushed the key down deep into her pocket. "Are you home? Sam?"
    Just then the Sixam squawked and said, "Sam!"
    Emma jumped from the squawk and held her hand over her heart. "Good gosh!

The bird was out of water with a scarce amount of food left and the fish and bug were extremely hungry, but Emma took care of them and even tidied the place up a bit. She sighed as she glanced throughout the house...wishing and praying that Sam would come back soon. Hidden Springs was feeling a bit...empty as of late.

The doorbell rang.

Being one who startles easy, Emma jumped again and looked through the peep hole. It was Donna. Great, she thought. She had to think fast before opening the door.

When Donna saw who answered the door, she looked shocked. "What are you doing here?" she asked Emma in surprise. "Where the h*** is Sam!?"
    "Uhh," Emma mumbled, stepping outside and closing the door. "I was just taking care of his pets for him while he's gone."
    Donna's eyebrow raised. "Why would he ask you to do that for him and not me?"

SB_why_you_not_me_1.jpg

"Well...I was here for my piano lessons the other day when Sam got a call from a family member. It was urgent and he told me he had to leave right away."
    "And?"
    "And...he asked if I would take care of his pets while he was gone. I said, 'Yes.'"
    Donna held her hand on her hip and looked frustrated. "I've been trying to reach him for TWO days! Have you been able to reach him?"
    "No," Emma admitted, "but he did want me to tell you that where he was going there's not very good cell phone service so he promised he'd get back with you as soon as he can." Whew...
    Donna seemed somewhat relieved. "So WHEN exactly were you going to tell me that!? I've been worried sick about him Emma!"
    "I'm sorry..."

SB_why_you_not_me_2.jpg

"Well you should be! That would've been really nice to know two days ago!"
    Yes, it would have. "I'm really sorry Donna," Emma apologized again. "But I don't know where you live so I had to look it up--"
    "Just," Donna interrupted, holding up her hand, "forget about it OK? I'm just glad to know why he disappeared."
    "It certainly wasn't because of aliens," Emma said with a chuckle, trying to ease the tension and help Donna feel better.
    But Donna was not amused. "Hopefully I'll hear from him soon," she said, heading back toward her car and without expressing thanks.
    Emma let out a breath of relief.

Emma_watch_Donna_leave.jpg

"Wow. She was rude!" Emma heard a young voice say. She turned to see the papergirl emerging from Sam's carport as Donna drove out of sight.

Emma_and_Evelyn_1.jpg

"My name is Evelyn," the girl said as she approached Emma. "I deliver Sam's paper."
    "Oh right!" Emma said remembering. Then she went back to Evelyn's comment about Donna. "She wasn't trying to be rude Evelyn, she's just worried." She took the paper Evelyn handed to her and continued, "Honestly, I don't blame her. If my boyfriend just up and disappeared without saying a word to me I'd be worried and upset too." Although I thought for sure he would've told her by now...
    "That lady is Sam's girlfriend!?" Evelyn exclaimed.
    "Yeah," Emma said with a nod.

Emma_and_Evelyn_2.jpg

Evelyn glanced back toward the street, trying to remember what Donna looked like and folded her arms. She blew up at her bangs. "I dunno how I feel about that."
    Emma chuckled. She's too cute...
    Then Evelyn faced Emma again and said, "I figured when Sam finally got a girlfriend it would be YOU!"
    "What!?" Emma asked in surprise, her cheeks growing red.

Emma_and_Evelyn_3.jpg

"Yeah! You two have lots in common and spend tons of time together!"
    "We don't spend TONS of time together," Emma countered, trying to hide her face. "He's just my friend, who happens to teach me piano and we sing duets on occasion."

Emma_and_Evelyn_4.jpg

Evelyn smirked at her. "Riiiiggghhht."
    "Oh stop!" Emma ordered embarrassingly. "Shouldn't you be getting back to your paper route?"
    Evelyn kept the smirk as she walked back toward her bike. "I'm watching you and Sam, Emma," she called back.

Emma just held a palm to her face. If anyone else was thinking, Oh boy at the moment, it was her.

Emma_and_Evelyn_5.jpg

To be continued...
    :smiley:
    Dang! @Surreal I was supposed to tag you when I wrote this update like I said. ;) ^^^Here ya go.
    Sorry for such a long delay in the next update, I'm working on it I promise. ;-)

Thank you everyone for your patience and support. ❤
    edited April 2018
    Alrighty everyone. :)

I kept ya'll waiting long enough. Here's the first part of my next Sam update. :mrgreen:

Holding On

The next day Morgana and Sam hardly said a word to each other. With both of them having careers that certainly didn't help. It was Sam's first day on the job as Thornton Wolff. He didn't know much about a strictly business related career, but Al filled him in on everything and everyone he needed to know after pressuring a still very angry Thornton for more personal information.

When dinnertime rolled around, Sam thought that would be the perfect time to apologize and make up, but sensing that Morgana clearly wasn't ready for that yet, he decided to keep quiet. He simply ate the quick, micro waved hot dogs Morgana prepared after getting off work late and respected the time she obviously needed from their past argument.

The typical sound of Al entering the scene caused Sam to look over his shoulder, which appeared strange to Morgana since there hadn't been a single sound at the dinner table for several minutes.

Puffing his cigar and stepping closer toward the center of the large table, Al placed his hands in his pockets and said, "Gee, it's more silent than the dead in this house!" Sam held a palm up to his face and really wanted to say something back, but had to remember that Morgana could not see or hear Al. "I take it you guys still haven't made up yet eh?" Al asked Sam, while pretending to sit at the table with them. Sam shook his head, still with his face in the palm of his hand.

"What's wrong with you?" Morgana asked Sam, with a hint of concern.
    "Oh look! It SPOKE!" Al declared.
    Sam ignored Al's outburst and immediately faced Morgana. "Oh uh...nothing," he replied. "Just a little headache." He picked up his hot dog and continued eating. "This tastes great by the way."

SBSV_5.jpg

Morgana shot Sam an interesting look and continued eating herself. There was once again silence between the two for another minute. All the while Al was watching Morgana with pleasure.

"She sure is a looker Sam," he said dreamily, "that nozzle Thornton is a lucky guy. I don't think he realizes just how good he has it."
    Sam cleared his throat loudly in response to Al's comment.
    "Oh c'mon!" Al shot back, "you know I'm right."
    "So," Morgana piped in again, "When is this Butler showing up that you told me you were going to hire?"
    Sam froze, just before the remainder of the hot dog entered his mouth. He shot a quick glance toward Al, but Al just shrugged. He had to make up something quick.
    His stiff silence caused Morgana to feel annoyed. "Don't tell me you forgot?" she questioned, "You know with the two of us working we need someone to keep this place neat and tidy and cook the meals around here!" She took another bite and added with her mouth full, "I mean, we talked about this."
    "At least they talked about something!" Al muttered, looking away.
    "No," Sam responded to Morgana, with panic setting in, "I didn't forget. They're coming...tomorrow."
    Al looked at Sam questionably.
    "Good," Morgana simply said, sitting up from her chair and taking her plate to the kitchen.
    Al "stood up" from the table as well and gradually stepped closer to Sam while asking, "How exactly are you planning to get a Butler hired and over here by tomorrow?"

SBSV_1st_update_adds_1.jpg

"Just find out how I'm supposed to do that from Thornton ok!" Sam whispered in frustration.

After doing the dishes, which he offered to Morgana, Sam dried his hands off and returned to the large dining/living-room/study area and found Morgana painting near one of the many windows.

SBSV_7.jpg

For a few moments he studied her and each and every stroke of the brush on the canvas. He couldn't quite make out what she was painting, but it was clear she had a few years of experience doing it.

He wasn't sure if throwing out kind comments was exactly Thornton-like, but he had to break the tension somehow and get them talking again. "Looks good Morgana," he said.
    Morgana jumped a bit, startled by his comment. "Thank you," she said stiffly, not turning around to face him. "Didn't think you cared much for my painting."
    Sam thrust his hands in his pockets, thinking there was no way he could pull this Thornton act off. Not to mention it was hard to deal with and understand Morgana's attitude towards him. He sighed and simply responded with, "I just wanted to say something nice." He didn't wait for her to say anything further and strode on past her toward the stairs. "I'm gonna go get a shower," he added as he made his way on up.

SBSV_1st_update_adds_2.jpg

Morgana watched him from behind with a somber look on her face.

Sam spent over an hour in the bathroom. Instead of a shower, he decided to take a long, rejuvenating bath to help him relax and think things over.

SBSV_1st_update_adds_3.jpg

This seems hopeless God, he prayed, I really need your help with this one. Help me know what to say to her...what to do.

Once he finished his bath, he began drying himself off and turned around to find Al appearing in the room. Jumping and covering himself, Sam yelled at Al for popping in, once again, at the most inopportune time. Al apologized and added, "Well you should find my visit most helpful because it turns out Thornton DID forget to hire a Butler so...here's the contact information he gave me."

When Al left, after a sharp request from Sam, Sam exited the bathroom and found all the lights turned off, with Morgana asleep in bed. It was early in the evening, but Sam figured, I guess there's nothing better to do than join her.

SBSV_1st_update_adds_4.jpg

For a while he stood by his side of the bed, thinking of how awkward and strange it was to lie down next to this woman he hardly knew, let alone sleep beside her. Eventually he got under the covers, carefully pulled them over his body and kept as much distance as he could from Morgana.

SB_Morgana_1.jpg

Then he turned off the lamp on his bedside table and drifted off to sleep.

To be continued...

More intense scenes coming up next. :smiley:
    (If I can get my brain to function and write them exactly the way I want to! :confounded: )
    edited April 2018
    Holding On
    (Part 2)

The smell of Thornton's morning breath right beside her face, woke Morgana up early.

SB_Morgana_2.jpg

Part of her wanted to jump immediately out of bed to get away from the stench, but another part made her stay and stare at her husband in his deep sleep state, with a whirlwind of emotions flying all around her. Gently she stroked his hair and tried to hold back the tears. For a small moment, everything felt wonderful, just like before. No, she thought, I can't do this right now. She rolled onto her other side and sat up.

SB_Morgana_3.jpg

Glancing out the window and then at the clock, it was an hour earlier than she planned on waking up, but figured that would give her plenty of time to bathe and get ready for the day. She turned off her alarm, stood up and headed for her own, private bathroom.

You'll get through this Morgana, she encouraged herself, just like you have with everything else that's gone wrong in your life. You just gotta keep on living. You can do it! It will all be ok....... I hope.

Sam woke with an insane amount of light shining on his face. He shifted in the bed a bit and wondered why on earth those enormous windows at the front of the room didn't have blinds? Sure it was a gorgeous view of the ocean and lighthouse, but quite the rude awakening. As he sat himself up he felt a bit of a chill. He looked down to find he was shirtless. For a quick second he got nervous, but then noticed his pajama shirt lying on the floor by the bed. Odd, he thought. The only thing he could figure was he got hot in the middle of the night and somehow pulled his shirt off in his sleep. Given Morgana's current snubbing towards him it was highly doubtful she pulled his shirt off.

As he stood from the bed, stretched and began heading towards his dresser, he saw Morgana coming out of the bathroom from the corner of his eye. He faced her and innately said, "Hi."
    "Hey," Morgana surprised him by saying. She stepped closer to him. They both stared into each other's eyes in silence, until Morgana's dropped down to his chest. "Since when do you sleep without a shirt on?"
    Sam's cheeks grew a little red. "Well, uh," he began, "I felt a little hot last night and I guess I pulled it off." He shrugged.

SB_Morgana_5.jpg

Morgana continued to stare at his chest. She raised her arm a bit and stroked his peck with her forefingers for a moment, sending chills down Sam's spine. "I can't remember the last time I've seen you shirtless," Morgana said, then she frowned, lowered her hand and looked away.
    "What?" Sam asked lightly.
    "Nothing," Morgana answered quickly, "I need to be going."
    "Wait," Sam beckoned, "Do you think we could just...talk for a bit?"
    Morgana glanced at her watch. "Not now Thornton. I'm going to be late."
    "Oh, for work?" She's not in her scrubs...
    "No, I'm meeting with my girlfriends to run some errands together. It's my day off remember?"
    "Right..."
    Heading for the door Morgana turned and added, "You however DO have work so you best be getting ready before you're late. Bye!"
    And with that, she was gone.

Sam sighed. The clock told him he had just a half hour to get ready. He didn't recall his alarm going off, but then again with those windows who needed one? As he put on his usual work suit, which he honestly thought looked hideous, he couldn't help thinking he was forgetting something. Yes! He needed to call for a Butler!

It was important that this Butler showed up today. Sam wasn't sure how he was going to make that happen, but he figured with a home like his, on a beach front property, Thornton had to have been a man of importance in town. He dialed the number Al gave him,

SBSV_making_call_1.jpg

I love my photographic memory, and somewhat demanded that a Butler begin his/her employment starting today!

SBSV_making_call_2.jpg

"Whatever you say, Mr. Wolff" the voice on the other line said. "We'll dispatch Mr. Potter immediately."

Sam smiled. "Thanks," he said, in more sincerity than that person will ever know and hung up. He needed to finish getting ready for work.

When Sam got home from work that day, he sighed knowing he had to face reality again. This unfortunate reality of his. He immediately headed for the nearest couch, plopped himself down and leaned back with his arm resting on his forehead; STILL trying to figure out how he was going to fix things with Morgana. Why is this so hard? he asked himself in frustration, I've been in MUCH worse situations than this and was able to take care of it in no time. There was an idea that popped into his thoughts the day before, but he brushed it off thinking there had to be a better one. Now the thought returned and usually that meant he needed to act on it.

Suddenly, he heard a thump from upstairs. Glancing up at the ceiling he reminded himself that Morgana wasn't home yet. Could it have been the Butler? He sure hoped so. He didn't hesitate making his way up there to find out.

As he entered the spacious study room, the Butler had been dusting the computer desk. Sam let out a breath of relief and it appeared the Butler heard him because he turned and greeted, "Oh good day sir." He placed his duster down on the desk and approached Sam with his hands resting behind his back. "Daryll Potter at your service sir."

SBSV_4.jpg

"S--Thornton Wolff," Sam greeted in return. "I'm glad to see you here."
    The Butler nodded. "Is there anything I can do for you sir?"
    "No...I just heard a noise from downstairs and wanted to see what it was."
    "My apologies sir..."
    "Oh it really wasn't a problem," Sam assured, "I'm sorry to have interrupted." He turned for the stairs again.
    "Sir?" The Butler called back. Sam turned. "You appear...stressed."
    Sam's eyebrows shot up. Wow, this guy sure is intuitive. He stepped closer to the Butler while responding, "Yes...there's been a bit of a weight on my mind as of late."
    The Butler closed his eyes and nodded again. "I have just the solution sir. Please, turn around."
    Hesitating to do so for fear of what this guy had in mind,

SBSV_3.jpg

Sam found the Butler begin to massage his shoulders. Honestly, it felt incredible.

SBSV_2.jpg

After a couple of minutes of that, the Butler asked, "Feeling better sir?"
    Oh yes! Sam thought, but he certainly didn't verbalize it in that way. "Yes, Mr. Potter, thank you," he answered and stepped away for a bit to stretch. "That's actually just what I needed."

"Oh my!" Sam heard Al's voice say from the corner of the room. There was a bright grin on the hologram's face with a cigar sticking out of his mouth as usual. Sam glared at him. If only he could say something in return without looking like an insane person.

"Sure thing sir," the Butler said, "If you do wish to share your troubles with me, I am all ears and hopefully I can provide you with some helpful advice."

SBSV_1.jpg

"Man...," Al moaned in the background, "I sure was hoping your Butler would be a woman Sam..."
    Sam rolled his eyes and turned toward the Butler. "Well actually, I could use some helpful advice on how to figure this one out."
    "Hey!" Al exclaimed, holding his palms up toward the ceiling. There was a hint of offense in his voice.
    "To tell you the truth," Sam began, "the Misses and I haven't really been speaking to each other the past few days."
    The Butler nodded while Al folded his arms disconcertedly.
    "We had a disagreement and," Sam paused, "It would appear that...we don't know each other as well as we thought we did."
    "You're newlyweds?" The Butler asked.
    Sam nodded. "I mean, I think I have an idea on how to make everything better, but...what might you suggest?"

"I guess I'm not needed here," Al said while pushing a few buttons on the Handlink, revealing the door to the Imaging Chamber, stepping inside and then the door closing. All the while the Butler offered his thoughts and advice to Sam.

SBSV_8.jpg

To be continued. :)

I'm really looking forward to sharing the final part of it with you all. :)
    edited April 2018
    Holding On
    Part 3

Later that afternoon, Morgana returned home from work looking frazzled and when Sam asked if she was ok, she answered, "No! Work was extremely hectic!" She threw her keys down onto the nearest table and declared, "I need to get on the treadmill and work this off!" And with that she stomped downstairs.

Morgana had only been down there running on the treadmill for ten minutes when she noticed her husband come down the stairs in his workout clothes. "Mind if I join you?" he asked her. Shaking her head breathlessly she answered, "No."

Sam made his way to the bench press and thought, It's been a while since I've done this but... He sat down and starting working his arms first. After a few seconds of that, it proved to be much more painful than he thought it would be.

SBSV_9.jpg

Not long after that Morgana let out a cry as she slipped and fell down on the treadmill. Sam immediately dropped the weights and turned his head toward her. "Are you alright?" he asked concernedly.
    "I'm fine!" Morgana hissed in frustration, standing herself back up and continuing.
    Sam looked away and sighed.

SBSV_10.jpg

A couple of minutes later, the sound of Al's appearance rang in Sam's ear.
    "Things still aren't any better between you two eh?" Al asked, while popping his fingers.

SBSV_11.jpg

With the music playing loudly, Sam figured he could get away with whispering to Al. "No," he said, "Unless you got any more info?"
    "None whatsoever," Al replied, "That nozzle started going crazy! Shouting and demanding that he to be returned to his world. None of us could reason with him so we've just left him in there alone for the past twenty-four hours to cool off."
    Sam shook his head. Not because he felt sorry for Thornton, which he kind of did, but because he wondered why on earth he would want to return to his life so badly when the current relations with his wife were so bad?

During his thinking, Al inched his way over towards Morgana and watched her for a bit. "Wow Sam," Al whispered dreamily, "I think I could watch her run like that all day."

SBSV_13.jpg

"Oh would you knock it off!" Sam yelled at Al, in a louder whisper than intended.
    "Did you say something?" Morgana asked Sam.
    "No," came his immediate reply.

Al approached Sam sharply. "Alright kid, what's your problem lately?"
    "You know what MY problem is," Sam barked, "and I should ask you the same question!"
    "What do you mean?"
    "You gawking all over women still," Sam burst, not realizing he was taking out all of his frustrations on Al. "I mean, how would Beth feel if she knew you were still doing that? I figured once you got back together with the love of your life, thanks to ME, you'd knock that womanizing cr'ap off!"
    Al lowered his head in guilt. Those words stung him to the core, but he knew it was deserved and Sam was right.

He sighed and said, "I'm sorry kid. You know I'm eternally grateful for the sacrifice you made on our behalf, but old habits die hard," he paused, "and experiencing leaping with you again has brought back so many fun memories. I guess I've just found myself reverting back to my former self...like the way it was before, you know?"
    Sam couldn't stay angry with at Al after that. "I get it Al," he whispered again to his friend, "and I'm sorry. I just really need your help right now...not hear comments about women in every other sentence."
    Al cracked a smile. "I'll remember that, kid."

"Gee Thornton," Morgana piped in, unintentionally, "with all that wheezing going on over there, it sounds like you need to workout more."
    Sam smiled and stood up from the bench. "You know it," he teased as he approached her. "That's another reason why I have you...to help keep me in shape."
    His comment seemed to have caught her by surprise, but she said nothing and kept running.
    "Hey," Sam addressed lightly, touching her arm, "There's something I want to say to you. Could you...maybe come off the treadmill for a moment?"

SBSV_14.jpg

"I'll leave you two alone kid," Al said and he disappeared from sight.

Reluctantly, Morgana stopped the treadmill and got off. Sam then took her hand and led her off to the other side of the room. "Hey," he began, "We haven't really had the chance to talk these past few days."
    Morgana tucked a strand of hair behind her ear nervously. "Yeah, uh, well," she stuttered, "We've both been pretty busy so..."
    "I know," Sam somewhat interrupted, gently. "But we're not busy now."
    Folding her arms, Morgana sighed and told Sam with her eyes that she was listening.

Sam paused for a bit, trying to make sure he said it all right. "Morgana," he began, "I know I'm not the easiest guy to live with. And I also know that I tend to be a bit...selfish."

SBSV_16.jpg

Morgana pursed her lips while staring up at the ceiling which confirmed Sam's assumptions about Thornton.
    "However," he went on, "I've also realized that I need to man up and admit when I've made a mistake."
    Eyes widening, Morgana looked him straight in the eye.
    "So, I wanted to say," he paused, "I'm very sorry for...everything...I said during our last argument. I...I should've been more considerate."

SBSV_17.jpg

Looking down and releasing a short breath, Morgana said in awe, "Wow," but didn't say anything else for a few seconds.
    Sam awaited more from her with great anticipation.
    "I," Morgana began, "I really wasn't expecting that from you. Thank you Thornton...that was very sweet of you to say."
    Smiling Sam asked, "So, are we ok then?"
    Unable to meet his gaze, Morgana replied, "I don't know Thornton, I--"
    "Wait!" Sam blurted out. "Do you hear that song!?" Holy cow they have that song in this world too? How??? Did Elvis really get abducted...

He had to shake that thought off as he took Morgana's hand. "Here," he said, placing his other hand on her hip. "Dance with me."
    Taken aback, Morgana responded, "Since when do you, or we, dance!?"
    "Please Morgana, just dance with me." Can't go wrong with a dance.
    "Ok," Morgana whispered as they began swaying to the beat. Unbeknownst to Sam, the slower version of "Can't Help Falling in Love," was a song she and Thornton joked about when they were dating.

(Listen here for the exact version of the song in this scene ;) )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9layb9U46OY
    I personally don't care for this version of the song, (and the lead singer sings funny) but if they turned on workout music, you can bet this is the version that would play :p

SBSV_20.jpg

For the next few moments Sam never took his eyes off Morgana. At first her eyes struggled to meet his, but once he started humming the lyrics, in an amazingly perfect pitch, they fixed upon him. It seemed to her that she was being pulled into a glorious, romantic realm through his eyes and for a moment, she was able to see a side of her husband that she'd never seen before. A side she never knew existed. Reality became completely lost to her and when he smiled at her, she smiled in return with her heart fluttering.

The song was nearing it's end and as the two continued to be lost in each others eyes, Sam stopped swaying and felt the moment was just right for a kiss. As he leaned in closer, Morgana closed her eyes and pulled back.

SBSV_21.jpg

"What?" Sam asked in confusion.
    Releasing herself from him, Morgana looked away. "No," she simply said.
    "Morgana what's wrong?" Sam asked again, reaching for her arm.
    "No Thornton!" Morgana shouted, raising her hands up to block him. "You can't just dance with me and give me a kiss thinking that will make everything better!"

SBSV_23.jpg

Sam didn't expect his heart to feel crushed, but it certainly did. For a while there he was certain he was making progress in their relationship. He just couldn't understand this woman and quite frankly, it was becoming frustrating.
    "Morgana," he started, "I wasn't trying to trick you, I just--"
    "Don't," Morgana ordered. "I can't do this right now Thornton, I just can't!" And with that she ripped on past him and rushed up the stairs.
    Sam simply buried his face in the palm of his hand, letting out a breath and feeling dejected.

SBSV_24.jpg

Stay tuned for Part 4! :smiley:
    edited April 2018
    Holding On
    Part 4

That evening when the Butler served dinner, Morgana promptly took her plate outside.

SBSV_25.jpg

Sam ate in silence, devoid of all emotion. Completely lost as to what to do next. The Butler took notice of his Master's crestfallen state and asked him about it, but Sam didn't say a word. The only words he could utter were a few questions to God. Why have I been sent here? Why won't Thornton speak to Al? If fixing their marriage is so important, why are we not getting anywhere with them? He sighed and took another bite. You gotta take the lead now Lord because...I got nothing. He couldn't deny hoping that in the next few moments Fate and Time were on his side and he would leap, even if it wasn't back to Hidden Springs. Anywhere but here.

After finishing dinner, Morgana made her way to the edge of the balcony, facing the lighthouse. The cool ocean breeze felt refreshing on her heated, flushed face. The emotions she had been suppressing for so long were about to burst and she couldn't hold them back much longer.

SBSV_27.jpg

She tried to come up with a million reasons why her marriage to Thornton was a good idea, that it was meant to be, but she simply couldn't convince herself. Sure we'd be financially secure for the rest of our lives, she thought, but that isn't enough to hold a relationship together. To hold a family together!

SBSV_26.jpg

Coming to terms with the fact that her dreams were actually shattering into a million pieces, her knees suddenly grew weak, her chest tightened and tears began welling up in her eyes. The strong Morgana Wolff finally released all her emotions and fell to the floor, sobbing into her hands uncontrollably.

"Would you like me to take your plate Sir?" the Butler asked Sam. It had been a good five minutes since his Master last took a bite.
    Awoken from his ongoing despondent thoughts, Sam looked up at the Butler and answered, "No. Thank you. I'll take it to the kitchen."
    "As you wish Sir."

As Sam stood from the table carrying the plate, he turned and instantly noticed Morgana on her knees outside, shoulders shaking and crying.

Go to her. A voice encouraged.

Sam instantly set the plate back down on the table and headed straight for the sliding glass doors to the balcony.

SBSV_28.jpg

Once outside, quietly and casually he approached Morgana. He hoped to hear her cry out her innermost thoughts and feelings, which would help him understand everything better, but she didn't. She just sobbed and sobbed.

He inched closer and she still didn't notice. Sam looked down upon her and knew that now was the time they needed to talk. Really talk. To put his plan into action. To make right what has gone wrong. He wasn't sure how he was going to do it, but he quickly prayed to know what to do and say.

SBSV_29.jpg
    Dialogue heavy, sorry...

"Morgana?" he addressed calmly. She flinched. "What's the matter?"
    "Thornton?" Morgana asked in surprise, then she shook her head. "Leave me alone. You won't understand!"
    "But I need to underst--"
    "Don't touch me!" Morgana shouted, as she felt his hand on her shoulder.
    "Morgana," Sam tried again, taking her hands and kneeling down before her.
    "No, no," she cried, trying to break free and shaking her head more rapidly. "No!"
    "Shhhh, it's ok," Sam soothed, gripping her hands tightly and gently pulling her closer to him. He rested his forehead against hers as she trembled. "Shhhh," he soothed again. "Let's just talk. We need to talk!"
    "I can't!" Morgana mumbled.
    "Just tell me what you're feeling Morgana. Please!" Sam implored, "Help me understand!"
    Feeling her chest rise and fall more rapidly, while coughing and spluttering amongst a waterfall of tears, trying to get the words out...Sam lifted Morgana's head with his hands and gently wiped away her tears with his thumbs. "It's ok," he assured, "talk to me. I'm listening."

Her breaths began to slow down, feeling comforted by Sam's gentle touch. Finally, she came out and said what was weighing so heavily upon her soul. "Thornton," she started, "we're two very different people." She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, trying to block more tears from falling. "I don't think our marriage is going to work. We both want different things." Then she lowered her head. "And have different dreams."

This was the pivotal moment and Sam had to make sure he said this right or there was no way of leaping out of here or saving her life.
    "You're right," he said in agreement, "we are different." That caused Morgana to cry more, but once again he lifted her chin. "But," he paused, "that doesn't mean we can't have the same dreams."
    Morgana gulped, gazing into his eyes with surprise.
    "We made vows to each other," he continued, "and I'll be dam'ned if I'm going to break them without a fight!"
    "But Thornton," Morgana interjected, "we hardly know each other. We rushed into this...and as a result...we're not happy together."
    "But we CAN be!" Sam stressed, squeezing her hands tighter. "I really believe we were brought together for a reason! I dunno," he paused, holding a hand to his heart, "I've just been feeling it the past few days."
    Morgana sniffed and still couldn't believe what she was hearing.
    "I'm willing to give us another chance," Sam continued, "are you?"

Morgana smiled, the first sincere smile he'd seen out of her. "Thornton are you serious?" she asked in shock. "Of course I'm willing to give us another chance! But," she paused, looking out toward the sea. "How do we even begin doing that?"
    Hope started returning to Sam. "Well," he began, "We'll go back to the basics. We'll get to know each other again."
    Morgana raised an eyebrow in curiosity.
    "We'll pretend we're two friends who have feelings for each other," Sam said with a grin, "I'll take you out on dates, we'll do other fun things together and just simply get to know each other better. We won't even kiss or sleep together until we both feel it's time...we'll just start from the beginning."
    "Oh Thornton, that sounds like a wonderful idea, but," she sighed, doubt returning to her. "We are still two very different people...you've made it clear you don't want children, but I do! How will we ever make that work?"
    "Morgana," Sam said, pressing his forehead onto hers again as she cried some more. "We'll figure that out when we get there, but for now we've got to hold on to what we got and fight for it! We can do this!"

SBSV_30.jpg

Morgana nodded with a sniff.
    "So...are you with me?"
    "Yes," she whispered assuredly.
    Sam felt so joyful and relieved, he almost began crying himself. "Then let's do this! Tomorrow is a new day!"

To be continued...
    :)

Ending song for this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXsmGSnq3lE
    @KaikoMikkusu , @KatNip , @HARIBOWS , @ZeeGee Just a friendly tag since I posted a few more updates for ya. :) Hope you enjoy them.

Have a lovely day. <3
    edited April 2018
    Hey everyone. :)
    It was a joy writing this next update so I hope each of you find as much joy (and laughter) in it as I did. ;)

The Nurse Incident

***Back at the Quantum Leap Project site***

Thornton Wolff awoke from what felt like a deep sleep that drifted upon him unexpectedly. There was no telling how long he had been out.

Rubbing his temples he thought he remembered Al telling him that he wouldn't sleep while in this chamber. So, if he didn't fall asleep after all his complaining, what exactly DID happen? He shook his head and looked around for moment. Sure enough he was still in the chamber, sitting on the floor, but instead of getting angry about it like he fully expected himself to do, he felt...calm. Odd, he thought. Something doesn't feel right? What did they do to me?

Thornton_in_IC_1.jpg

It was then that he heard the chamber door open. Al stepped in.

The man held a cigar between his fingers, as usual, and the small room soon became filled with its sweet, earthy scent. "How are you doing?" he asked Thornton, while drawing in a puff.
    Thornton looked down at the floor between his knees, not sure how to answer.
    Al blew out the smoke from his mouth, placed the cigar down on a nearby end table and looked upon Thornton with his arms folded. "I take it all that shouting killed your ability to speak?" There was a slight chuckle.
    "No!" Thornton answered sharply.
    Lifting his hands up, Al said, "Ok then," and stepped back.
    "I feel....strange," Thornton surprisingly admitted. "Different. Like crying." He glanced over at Al with a piercing gaze. "I haven't experienced these kind of feelings in a long time. What did you guys do to me?"
    Al cracked a smile. He'd witnessed this many times before. "Not a d*** thing," he replied.
    Thornton couldn't understand the smile and wasn't convinced of the response, but lifted himself up from the floor to ease his discomfort and planted himself back on the chair. There was an immediate breath of relief and then he asked Al glumly, "When can I go home?"

"Well," Al began, coming closer, "that depends on if you're willing to cooperate and answer all my questions."
    Thornton didn't answer, but just stared blankly at the wall, thinking.

Thornton_in_IC_3.jpg

Morgana? Is she alright? I'm really worried about her. Wait! What about---
    "Kid?" Al asked louder, getting his attention. "Look," he started again with a softer tone, "I know you're scared and confused and you just want this experience to be over but," he paused, "for that to happen you gotta help me out here...and the man who's out there living your life."
    Lowering his eyes, Thornton nodded. I do hope she's alright, he continued thinking.
    "So," Al addressed with a sigh, "are you going to answer my questions now?"
    Thornton still didn't like the idea of answering such personal questions, but if it meant getting him home he was all for it. He glanced back at Al and answered, "Yes. I'll cooperate."

Thornton_in_IC_2.jpg

With a light grin, Al patted Thornton's back and comforted, "Don't worry kid. We'll get you home much quicker now."

***Back in Sunset Valley***

On this particular morning Sam woke up early, from the blinding sunlight coming from the windows again, and got dressed for work. Carefully trying not to wake Morgana, his eye caught a glimpse of the intense beauty of the lighthouse surrounded by the ocean with a light orange backdrop. He stared at the scene for a few moments.

SBSV_Sam_looking_out_window.jpg

It's a breathtaking view to wake up to each morning, he thought, I wish I could see it every morning, but... What he thought about now was how much he longed to return to Hidden Springs, especially to Donna whom he could only imagine was worried sick about his absence! He missed his friends too, particularly Liam and Emma. God please make that possible...if I truly do my part on this end will you please...

"Thornton?"
    Sam turned.
    "Why are you dressed for work?"
    Looking down at his clothes, Sam uttered, "Uh...umm."
    "It's your day off silly!" Morgana informed with a chuckle. "Are you feeling alright?"
    I don't know anymore. "I think so," he replied, then his phone rang. He held up a finger, "Hang on a second honey, I gotta get this."
    Morgana just shook her head with a smile.

Back in another part of town a woman dialed a number.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_1.jpg

She patiently, but anxiously waited for the person to answer.
    "Hello?" Sam asked, making his way down the stairs.
    "Thornton Wolff?" The woman addressed, somewhat intimately.
    Sam didn't notice. "Yes?"
    "You're late for your physical..."
    "My what?" Sam stopped, nearly tripping down the last step.
    "Your physical you have scheduled with me this morning? Don't tell me you forgot?"
    Scratching his head, Sam replied, "Oh, I must have." I guess Thornton and Morgana have their own concierge doctor.
    The woman giggled. "Well, I'll forgive you this one time, but come on over. You know the place."

SBSV_Jamie_incident_2.jpg

The place? Oh boy... "Umm, doctor?"
    "Doctor?" she giggled, "you flatter me, but you know I'm a Nurse."
    "Right. You'll have to forgive me, but I'm feeling a bit forgetful. Umm...where is this place again?"
    The woman laughed out loud. "Oh Thornton you're a gag!"
    She sure is giddy.
    "At my house! The sea green house on Elm street?"
    "Ohhh yes. Uh...right! I'll be there as soon as I can."
    "I'll be waiting," the woman concluded and clicked the "End Call" button with an enormous grin.

Sam stepped up to the front doors dreading what was about to come. Gotta love what randomly pops up during a Leap! Sure he'd gotten physicals from complete strangers before, this wasn't anything new. Heck, he even got one from a gal while wearing only a diaper when he once leaped into a Chimpanzee! However those were all in environments where he expected that to happen, not in the comfort of someone's home. A voice inside was telling him to stand his guard, but another voice asked Why when concierge medicine has been on the rise. At least...on Earth it has been. He shrugged, sighed and rang the doorbell.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_3.jpg

The woman opened the door promptly and Sam was honestly stunned by her beauty. Not exactly what he expected a woman concierge doctor (Nurse) to look like. Her hair was brilliantly curled, makeup beautified her lips, cheeks and eyes which rested behind thin glasses. A red flag started coming up in his mind, but when he noticed she was wearing scrubs he felt more comfortable. "Ma'am," he addressed respectfully, as the woman approached him.
    She nodded with a smile, "Come on in Mr. Wolff."

SBSV_Jamie_incident_4.jpg

As they walked in and Sam began closing the door behind him, the woman blurted out, "Oh I can't play this anymore," and sharply turned in his direction.
    "What--" Sam began to ask, but was interrupted when the woman planted a big, intense kiss on his lips.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_5.jpg

As she released her lips from his, Sam just stood there with his mouth hanging open in such bewilderment that he couldn't speak. A million different thoughts began racing through his head.
    "Oh Thornton!" The woman exclaimed. "I've missed you SO much these past few days! I couldn't WAIT for this moment."
    Sam's eyes drifted away from her in a stare. "Uhh...what just--"
    "Oh that kiss wasn't good enough? How about this?" Sam flinched as she grabbed his back and planted another kiss on him, but this time she threw in a bit of tongue and started removing his coat jacket, whilst her lips still locked on his.
    Sam was powerless to speak.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_11.jpg

He couldn't believe what was happening and he somewhat chided himself for not listening to the voice that encouraged him to stand his guard. He was used to these random kisses during his leaps, but it had been so long since it happened he'd forgotten how to properly react. Lord please don't let Al show up! With all the strength he could muster he pushed the hormonal woman away from him. She stared back at him in shock.
    "What are you doing!?" Sam cried.
    "Excuse me!?"
    "You can't just throw a kiss on me like that when I'm not expecting it! Don't you realize I'm a married man?"

SBSV_Jamie_incident_6.jpg

"What!?" the woman asked, feeling very confused, "Thornton you're acting like you've never met me before!"
    Sam didn't know what to say.
    "Have you gone mad or something!? Since when do you care about being married to Morgana? It's ME Thornton! Jamie!"
    The baffled look on Sam's face just made Jamie all the more furious.
    "YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" She shouted, "My G** what is wrong with you?"

SBSV_Jamie_incident_7.jpg

Oh Boy! Sam squeaked in his mind like a four year old. His fear then turned to anger. He raised his hands up in frustration and called out to the Heavens. "Really!? This is the curve-ball you throw at me? Why must it be so complicated!?"
    Jamie stared at him bug eyed in a daze. "Uh, Thornton?"
    "Every time you do this!" Sam continued to the ceiling, "EVERY TIME! How am I supposed to take care of this!?"
    "Woah! Ok Thornton you're kind of scaring me."

SBSV_Jamie_incident_8.jpg

Sam looked down sharply at Jamie. He didn't care what came out of his mouth now. "Well, maybe I should!" he yelled. "Then that'd get you to stop seeing me!"
    Jamie gaped. "Have you gone nuts!? What the h*** happened to you Thornton!?"

SBSV_Jamie_incident_9.jpg

Sam rushed past her to avoid answering.

"YOU were the one who came to ME!" Jamie continued, following after him. "All those weeks flirting with each other and then after having sex in the on call room--"
    Sam immediately shot a look at her.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_22.jpg

"--You told me you were for sure going to divorce Morgana and that you'd been thinking of starting a new life with ME!" She stopped to catch a breath as her shoulders fell. "I mean, we're you just saying that to lead me on? To have a fling with your wife's hot co-worker? Because if it all meant nothing then I'm about ready to SOCK you!"
    "Woah hey take it easy!" Sam begged. "I can explain!"

SBSV_Jamie_incident_23.jpg

In that moment Sam knew he needed to change his tone...and tune. This certainly wasn't fair to Jamie and he needed to find a way to let her down easy. Which seemed counterintuitive because he knew it wouldn't be easy! He sighed, while Jamie continued staring at him in the eye with face red and teeth clenching.
    "Jamie," he began softly, "let's sit down, relax, and talk for a bit ok?"

Reluctantly, Jamie listened and sat herself down on the couch. When Sam joined her she said, "Well? I'm listening."

SBSV_Jamie_incident_15.jpg

Sam closed his eyes, not praying since he was a little frustrated with his maker, but trying hard to come up with a way to explain why he decided to give him (Thornton) and Morgana another chance. He had to think of something good, believable and that was mostly the truth.

He assured Jamie that the time he spent with her was not just a fling...that there were true and deep feelings for her within him. Somehow he could sense that's how Thornton really felt. (Obviously since his relationship with Morgana was so bad when he leaped in). There was a hint of happiness and relief in her eyes upon hearing that.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_18.jpg

But then he tried to describe how he had this feeling that he should give him and Morgana's marriage and relationship another try. Jamie wasn't truly convinced and stood up in anger, unable to look at him.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_21.jpg

It was just seconds after she stood that Sam received a text from Morgana asking him where he went. He told her he was out with a friend and would be home soon.

After beckoning her to sit down again, it was apparent that Jamie was trying to hold back tears. The compassion in Sam tried to comfort her. Seeing a woman cry always tugged at his heart. He sincerely apologized and told her that it would be better for him to be honest about his feelings than to have a relationship with her that would most likely be based on lies. Jamie nodded, but it didn't make her feel any better about the situation. He concluded by building her up, complimenting her career and encouraging her to date other men, preferably ones that aren't already married.

"So," Jamie began, looking down at her hands, "ff things don't work out between you and Morgana," then glancing back at him, "is there any chance we could get back together?"
    That was a question Sam honestly didn't know how to answer. He thought hard for a moment and replied, "I'm pretty sure this time around things will work out for me and Morgana," he paused, "but...if God or fate decides otherwise," he lightly shrugged, "I guess we'll just have to see."

SBSV_Jamie_incident_16.jpg

It always hurt Sam knowing that he broke a woman's heart during his leaps and it certainly didn't make him feel better when Jamie stopped him from leaving and begged him to reconsider. "We're great together!" she expressed.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_10.jpg

However, once again, Sam had to tell her he was serious about fixing things with Morgana. At that point, Jamie accepted defeat. She cried and Sam gave her a comforting hug.

SBSV_Jamie_incident_13.jpg

SBSV_Jamie_incident_12.jpg

As Sam drove away from Jamie's home he couldn't help worrying about whether Jamie would cause trouble in the future for Thornton and Morgana. Geez, where's Al when I need him? he thought, Ziggy's gotta know something about Jamie's future. Then he realized that he couldn't concern himself with that. He was sent at this defining moment in time to fix the Wolff's marriage and save Morgana's life. Whatever happens as a result of that he knew and trusted that God would take care of the rest.

To be continued...

:)
  • CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    Hey Em!! Gonna start from the beginning again because I'll understand what is going on much better than when I read it the first time with no knowledge of QL...(you remember my confusion I'm sure, I felt bad that you had to explain everything to me).

<3
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Loving it!
    @charlottesmom It's totally ok. :) I was happy to explain it to you...really. <3

@ZeeGee Thank you so much!
    Ooooo, your signature video with Claire and Connor...that's got me curious! :p
    edited May 2017
    @emorrill I'd love to know what you think if you watch it! It kind of stands alone as a music video but you might understand it better if you know the back story so I'm linking the playlists that have the videos leading up to that one if you're interested. :)

The Saga of Sunset Valley playlist
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    @emorrill I'd love to know what you think if you watch it! It kind of stands alone as a music video but you might understand it better if you know the back story so I'm linking the playlists that have the videos leading up to that one if you're interested. :)

The Saga of Sunset Valley playlist

@ZeeGee When I watched your sig video on YouTube I saw the links to the saga and watched all 6 of them! :mrgreen:
    I was hooked!
    I LOVED it! I really did! :smiley: You did an amazing job creating the videos and adding in just the right instrumental music. :star:

I've had thoughts of hooking up Claire and Connor in my game quite a few times. ;)
    edited April 2018
    Second First Date
    Part 1

The next morning Sam whistled his way downstairs and into the kitchen to brew up some coffee for him and Morgana. This is going to be a great day! He told himself positively. I can feel it! Earlier upstairs he informed Morgana that they would be having their official "second first date" this afternoon as soon as he finished work. Morgana genuinely looked excited for the occasion. Since it was another one of her days off she suggested meeting Sam at the Park (where the Summer Festival was currently being held) to save them more time for their date. Sam would've preferred to pick her up in the normal, gentlemanly fashion, but her idea did make sense since the office building where he worked was just across the street from the park. "Then it's a date!" he concluded happily. "Meet you there at three?"
    "I wouldn't miss it," Morgana replied.

Just as the coffee finished brewing, Morgana met Sam in the kitchen. "I could smell that all the way from upstairs," she said, "it smells lovely, but don't you think you put too many coffee grounds in there?" She winked.
    "Nah," Sam replied, filling up his cup. "Bold flavor is what makes coffee good. Would you like a cup?"
    "Oh yes, please!"

SBSV_2nd_10.jpg

Suddenly the two looked up toward the ceiling as they heard some very unusual sounds coming from upstairs.
    "I would imagine that's the Butler cleaning again," Sam said, returning to filling up Morgana's cup.
    "Are you sure?" Morgana asked nervously, still staring at the ceiling. "What kind of a Butler cleans like that!?"

SBSV_2nd_11.jpg

"He does," Sam answered, handing Morgana her cup. "He's very thorough." The two exchanged smiles. Then Morgana looked back up at the ceiling while taking a sip.
    "I mean seriously Thornton," she couldn't help saying, "it sounds like he's getting it on with someone and rattling the bed up there!"
    Sam nearly spit out his coffee.
    "Oh my," a man's voice said, along with the sound of a door closing. Sam immediately recognized it as Al. He shot Al a glance, wiped off some coffee that slipped through his lips and motioned for Al to be quiet.
    "What?" Al objected, "she can't hear me."
    Sam then pointed a finger at Al and used the same finger to motion him off to the side, implying that he'd talk to him in a minute. Al understood, he'd gotten pretty familiar with Sam's body language over the years.

Morgana noticed the last bit of hand motioning. She snorted, holding back a chuckle. "What are you doing Thornton?"
    Sam froze for a moment while Al folded his arms in the distance, awaiting his response to Morgana with pleasure like he always did in these situations.
    "Nothing," Sam responded, turning to her, "I was...practicing...a presentation I am doing at work."
    "Ooo, nice one Sam!" Al expressed with a nod and a thumbs up.
    Placing down her cup, Morgana stepped closer to Sam and adjusted his tie. "Well, good luck with that," she said. When she finished, she took his hands and swayed them back and forth. "I really am looking forward to our date this afternoon. I love this plan you've come up with."

SBSV_2nd_9.jpg

"I'm looking forward to it too," Sam said with sincerity. Then he changed the subject because he really hoped he could get Morgana out of the way so he could talk with Al. "Didn't you mention hanging out with your girlfriends again this morning?"
    "Yes!" Morgana replied happily. "We were going to check out the new art museum!"
    "Yuck!" Sam expressed as a joke, because he knew that's what Thornton would've said.
    "Yeah yeah I know," Morgana said, lightly punching his shoulder.
    A car horn sounded outside.
    "That's them!" Morgana exclaimed, heading for the door.
    Great timing, Sam thought.
    "Have a good day at work," she wished, "and I'll see you later at the park. I can't wait!" And with that, Morgana left the house.

Sam watched her through the window, making sure she wouldn't be coming back to the house for any reason while Al came to his side.
    "Huh," Al observed, "that's the nicest I've seen her act towards you. You really are making progress Sam!"
    Once the car drove away, Sam turned for the kitchen. "Yes," he agreed, "it's been a relief." He placed his cup down on the counter.
    Al stretched his arms out in front of him, popping his fingers at the same time. "You know," he said, "You were always the one who'd brew up the strongest coffee back at the Project, especially when your stress level was high."

SBSV_Al_6.jpg

Sam stood still for a second. "Huh. I don't remember that." Then he turned and stepped closer to Al while saying, "Al, please tell me you have some more information from Thornton."
    "Oh yes!" Al exclaimed proudly, "the guy finally decided to cooperate, but above anything else," he paused, changing his tone to a more serious one, "I have something very important to tell you that he mentioned."
    "What's that?" Sam asked, his anxiety resurfacing.
    Al glanced toward the far corner of the room. "Just when we thought the situation couldn't be any more complicated," he said with a sigh.
    "What!?" Sam demanded.

SBSV_Al_informs_4.jpg

Returning Sam's gaze Al answered, "It turns out Thornton was having an affair."
    Whew! Sam thought, is that all? He folded his arms and pretended to look surprised. "Really?"
    "Yes," Al confirmed, "her name is Jamie Jolina. She's got blonde hair and glasses. She sounded pretty hot from his description." He paused, seeing Sam's face expression and cleared his throat, continuing. "She works alongside Morgana at the Hospital and she and Thornton just starting having sexual relations a couple of weeks ago."
    Sam nodded. Yeah...and?
    "So...if I were you Sam I'd steer clear of her. Or," he shrugged, "she might just approach you. If she does, then you gotta figure out a way to get rid of her before she messes anything up before or after you leap out of here!"

At that moment, Sam pretended to laugh, pointing a finger at Al. "Ha ha thank you for that valuable information Al," he chortled.

SBSV_Al_informs_1.jpg

Sam's reaction took Al by surprise. "What's so funny about that?" he asked obliviously.
    "That's the kind of information that I really could've used YESTERDAY!" he practically shouted, glaring.
    Al's eyes widened. He understood. "Oh boy...did you run into her already?"
    "Yeah I did!"
    "Well what did you do?"
    Sam pinched his forehead, "What I had to do! I got her out of the picture," he paused, "at least, I hope I did."
    "In ONE day!?" Al exclaimed. "How did you manage that?"
    "Well," Sam started, placing his hands in the coat pockets, "it was difficult at first but--"
    "Is she one of those naughty nurses that tried to seduce you Sam?" Al asked, eyebrows bouncing along with a bright grin.
    Sam returned a smile mockingly. "Sort of," he admitted, "but I told her the honest truth. That I (Thornton) wanted to try and work things out with Morgana and had a good feeling that things would be better between us this time around."
    Pursing his lips, Al looked thoughtful. "You really think that's going to keep her away for good Sam?"

SBSV_Al_informs_2.jpg

"I dunno Al!" Sam blurted, "I mean what else am I supposed to do? My mission here is to save Thornton and Morgana's marriage which in turn will save Morgana from taking her own life. Then I'll leap. That's what Ziggy said. Whatever Jamie does now is out of my control. I can't waste time worrying about it."
    Al nodded, folding his arms.
    "I took care of it the best way I could Al," Sam expressed, feeling sorrowful. "I can't fix everything." Then he lowered his head. "Or everyone."
    Al smiled, ever admiring Sam's character. "I don't doubt that you did kid," he said, wishing he could pat his friend's shoulder. "You're terminally good Sam. If it was up to you, you'd save everybody."
    Sam's head shot up as he grinned. "You've told me that before."
    "I wasn't sure you remembered," Al said with a wink.

SBSV_Al_informs_3.jpg

For a moment the two smiled at each other, trying not to get too emotional while the memories of their past heart to heart talks came flooding back.
    Clearing his throat again, Al pulled out the Handlink and said, "Anyway, I thought you'd like to know that ever since you found a way to get 'Miss Impudent' to treat you decently again," he pressed a couple of buttons, "Ziggy says the chance of her and Thornton staying together has now jumped to 92 percent."
    Sam's face beamed for a moment. "Wonderful," he expressed, "now let's get that up to 100 percent."
    Al nodded resolutely. "And that's when you'll leap."

To be continued. :)

*Bonus pic here from the show ;)
    you_re_terminally_good.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »
    @ZeeGee When I watched your sig video on YouTube I saw the links to the saga and watched all 6 of them! :mrgreen:
    I was hooked!
    I LOVED it! I really did! :smiley: You did an amazing job creating the videos and adding in just the right instrumental music. :star:

I've had thoughts of hooking up Claire and Connor in my game quite a few times. ;)

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your compliments. As much as I love doing them just for the fun of it, it sure feels nice when others appreciate them. :)

The latest episode is great as usual. You have really captured the spirit of that show. It was always one of my favorites.
    ZeeGee wrote: »

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your compliments. As much as I love doing them just for the fun of it, it sure feels nice when others appreciate them. :)

@ZeeGee Umm, Amen to that! ^ <3 My thoughts exactly.
    When others appreciate my stories it's what inspires me to write more. <3
    And you're very welcome. :)
    The latest episode is great as usual. You have really captured the spirit of that show. It was always one of my favorites.

^Aww, thank you. <3 That's so sweet of you to say. :)
    I never thought I'd grow to love the show so much. ;) (The Pilot Episode didn't really suck me in, but...I gave it another chance by watching the 2nd episode and I was hooked!!! :grin:
    I never realized that Scott Bakula was SO talented! I had only previously known him from Star Trek: Enterprise. His role on QL blows his Captain role AWAY!!!! :star: He is just simply an amazing actor, a sincerely good person in real life and I am SO dying to meet him! I WILL make it happen someday! :p )

Anyway, sorry to go off like that. ;) (Fangirl here, as you've noticed :p )
    Thank you again. <3
    emorrill wrote: »
    I never thought I'd grow to love the show so much. ;) (The Pilot Episode didn't really suck me in, but...I gave it another chance by watching the 2nd episode and I was hooked!!! :grin:
    I never realized that Scott Bakula was SO talented! I had only previously known him from Star Trek: Enterprise. His role on QL blows his Captain role AWAY!!!! :star: He is just simply an amazing actor, a sincerely good person in real life and I am SO dying to meet him! I WILL make it happen someday! :p )

Anyway, sorry to go off like that. ;) (Fangirl here, as you've noticed :p )
    Thank you again. <3

You're sure welcome and I hope you get to meet him someday and if you do, get an extra autograph for me cause I've been fangirling over him for years!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top