Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited September 2018
    @emorrill oops. Forgot to hit awesome, was I’m a hurry last night. Thanks @mycami21 for reminding me. :) Have a great time at Comic con! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Gee, the Remingtons are messed up, but Sam can fix them. Even though he's a fictional character, I'm glad Al's ok. I'm enjoying your story.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    Earcat wrote: »
    Gee, the Remingtons are messed up, but Sam can fix them. Even though he's a fictional character, I'm glad Al's ok. I'm enjoying your story.

I've not heard of the Remingtons. Maybe that's why I think I may have missed something. :D
  • Options
    @simscognito I had not heard of them. I checked the Sims wiki for their background story.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member

Thank you @Earcat :blush: And welcome to the thread!

I'm glad you're enjoying the story. <3

@ZeeGee and @simscognito As I said on another thread it's EA's fault the Remington's are so messed up! :p Showing a different depiction of death in each of the family member's ghostly state. I just had to creatively put the whole story together. :mrgreen:

<3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    edited September 2018
    emorrill wrote: »

Thank you @Earcat :blush: And welcome to the thread!

I'm glad you're enjoying the story. <3

@ZeeGee and @simscognito As I said on another thread it's EA's fault the Remington's are so messed up! :p Showing a different depiction of death in each of the family member's ghostly state. I just had to creatively put the whole story together. :mrgreen:

<3

I did love the chapters. Can't wait to find out more about them. XD
  • Options
    EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Actually, the Remintgon family doesn't "live" anywhere. Their graves are in Riverview, in the Jones' house at 1 Remington Point.
  • Options
    TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited October 2018
    Now that I'm back from the farm, and my 2000-word essay is out of the way...

It is time!

For a mega catch-up!

I might just split this into two posts though, since I want to use the time I have now to also leave some feedback on the "what happened in your game today" thread. But first, since you've been sharing all that lovely 90s music over on that thread, I thought I'd share a little 90s music of my own :tongue:

I'll be honest here, I never played any of the Oregon Trail games, but I've watched videos of others playing. And I totally think the soundtrack is under-appreciated. I know this is a folk song (a lovely one!), but when I heard this rendition, I instantly thought of Sam. Just replace "mother" at 0:37 with "Emma" and we're good! :>
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bY07s5VcPo

On to the good stuff now...
    being a married "woman" this time around, it was going to make things all the more uncomfortable.
    Part of me is concerned for Sam, the other part just wants to grab a bucket of popcorn and watch how this unfolds. Heh.
    Trust Sam to find happiness in everything... Sam, I don't know if you realise this, but you're a lot more capable than you think. You're being thrust into new places all the time, being forced to meet heaps of new people (not all of whom are nice), yet you manage to stay so calm and collected!
    I would be such a hypocrite for calling Cody out. That's all I'm going to say about that. :tongue:
    Just then he felt a slap on his bu'tt cheek
    I feel like Al would've done the same thing, actually :tongue:
    43597377364_6799f08978_z.jpg
    Sam looks soooo uncomfortable there... poor guy. But I'm willing to bet he's thinking of Emma, and how he'll (hopefully) be able to get back to her once this all blows over.
    Eileen's eyes really stare right through you, don't they? Something's just not right. I'm with Sam, I want to get to the bottom of this!
    30447141708_8039203384_z.jpg
    Awww, that's just too cute! :) Sam must be happy to finally have an escape from all this lunacy, even if it's only a temporary distraction...
    As he proceeded to undress and into the most decent pajamas he could find - he certainly wasn't going for the lingerie - he could feel the husband's eyes locked on him and that caused him to turn his head feeling abashed.

"Oh don't mind me," the husband said with a grin. "You just keep doing what you're doing."
    Sam turned back away squeezing his eyes shut and grimaced. He would admit he couldn't blame the man, drooling over his wife undressing, but at the same time this was the most awkward feeling he'd experienced in a long time!
    I'm sorry Sam, it looks like the "grab popcorn, and sit back and watch" side of me is winning! xD
    Well, I think Sam handled that really well! Good thing the husband listened, he handled things well too...
    "I told you this would happen Jasper," he said in an evil, higher pitched voice. "She no longer loves you."
    "No!" he whispered loudly back to himself. "You're wrong. We have kids and dreams of a happy, prosperous future!"
    ...oooor maybe not. I'm scared now, but at the same time intrigued. Poor, poor Jasper...
    44266508482_8580ee4c56_z.jpg
    I swear I can see a little furrow in Sam's brow there. Love that little detail!
    I think we all get instances of "mom brain" from time to time, whether or not we actually have children!
    "No. You see, some of us, including his wife, had been bugging him to go see the doctor earlier, but it wasn't until he came into work the other day limping and he couldn't sit down without crying out in pain."
    Yeesh! We get it Al, you're devoted to your work, but this is just too much! I hope he learned a lesson too, Sam! At least Sam must feel a little bit of relief knowing his friend is going to be okay.
    Sam's head shot up as his eyes fixated on Gushie's. "What?" he asked in disbelief. "They seem like the normal, happy family to me. They have a tragic ending? You're kidding right?"
    "I wish I was."
    I wish you were kidding too, Gushie, how I wish.
    "Jasper was so unstable and out of control that...they did shock therapy on him and," he looked away. "It went wrong and...he died."
    "Oh G** Gushie!"
    My thoughts exactly, Sam. Promise us you won't let this lovely family succumb to such tragedy! But heh, you're the writer emorrill, and I know things can't be sunshine and rainbows all the time.
    Oh maaaaan.... I feel like Kirsten especially is being so sweet to her mom because she knows about her mental issues and doesn't want to burden her even more.
    Besides, it's better they know than to be in the dark and not understand.
    Sad but true, I guess. I just hope Cody and Kirsten still have some room to be kids in spite of what their parents might be going through.
    Nice timing there Jasper, Sam probably needs a little something to take his mind off what Gushie just told him!
  • Options
    Awww, thank you for popping in again @TinySpaceFox <3 (Glad you got that 2000 word essay out of the way :p )

I always enjoy reading your lovely comments and appreciate that you take the time to read Sam's story and give them. {{{Hugs}}} I love to read how much people enjoy my stories. <3

I never played the Oregon Trail either ;) but I did play something similar to it in my younger days. Can't remember the name of it now...
    I've totally heard that song before! :smiley: It's been years though! I can see how it would make you think of Sam. :blush:

Reading your comments like:

tenor.gif?itemid=3579864

Thank you again. <3

• Options
    Hey there, sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit down lately. I just hope this makes you feel better. Hang in there, I'm sure things will get better soon :) It's time for mega catch-up part 2! Sadly though I've only got time for the first part of the chapter tonight :/

Ahh, how I wish lawns IRL were just like lawns in the Sims, no need for trimming no matter how long you leave them! xD
    That does look like a lovely spot for a dream home! :) What a view!
    "But...it's so large," he observed, thinking like the wife he leaped into. "Can we afford it?"
    Hahaha :D that's it Sam, you're doing great! Have you been taking pointers from Emma by any chance? :tongue:
    Suddenly Jasper gripped the hair on his head with both hands and cried out, "Ugh! These da'mn voices in my head!"
    "They're back?" Sam found himself asking.
    "They never left!" he seethed, hunching over as if in physical pain. "Oh Eileen! Please make them stop! Please...make me happy!"
    "Ok! Shhhh," Sam hushed, taking the man into his arms. He didn't know what else to do. "It's going to be alright. You're a strong man Jasper. You can fight your inner demons! Don't listen to those voices. They aren't real. And what they say isn't true."
    "You don't know all that they say..."
    Sam sighed, still holding him. "No. I don't. But what I do know is there's a man right here in my arms who'll fight to provide the best for his family despite his mental disabilities." Was this him or Eileen talking? He couldn't be sure.
    Jasper's shoulders shook.
    "Look at all you've accomplished Jasper," Sam went on. "We're a happy family, with a lovely home, food on the table, and money in the bank. We are SO blessed! You gotta give yourself credit for that!"
    "So...you believe I can make our dream home a reality then?"
    "I do," Sam replied, rubbing the man's back. "I really do."
    "Oh Eileen, thank you!" he sniffed. "I won't let you down!"
    Once again, you've left me speechless. The good kind of speechless :) Though now I feel like I need a Sam in my life :tongue:
    44308158172_294d96526b_z.jpg
    I just love this screenshot <3 Really gives me this sense of Sam and Jasper taking on the world together :)
    Uh oh, Yvette's calling. Here comes trouble... but I love that Sam doesn't back down, he knows exactly why he's here. Go Sam! :>
    It's a good thing Gushie can watch Kirsten (without being seen) while Sam deals with Yvette... man, that lady can talk the legs off a chair!
    Llama butter is one thing, but fermented llama butter? Not sure I'd want to discover that unique taste either! Why not just use fermented cow butter like a normal person, huh?
    Sour tea? Uh... no thanks... Hmm, but what does Sam's choice of drink (okay, not really a choice) have to do with the strength of the hologram?
    No! Kirsten! What a time for the signal to get all choppy! Good thing Gushie still managed to warn Sam! Gosh that was a lot of exclamation points! :tongue:
    And Sam saves the day! :smiley: Hah, not even a "thank you" from Kirsten? :D Maybe Sam can say he owes it all to maternal instinct :tongue:
  • Options
    One more catch-up! :)
    "How do you do this all the time Doctor Beckett?"
    Sam let out a deep sigh while saying the first thing that came into his mind, "Because I have to. I don't have any other choice."
    Gushie lowered his head with a nod.
    "It's rewarding for the most part, but indeed...it can get to be pretty scary. You get used to it after a while though, and many things just become second nature to do."
    "Well...I admire all that you're doing here Doctor - I mean - Sam."
    I admire all that you're doing too, Sam :) Hero by choice or not, you did the right thing and you should be proud!
    Not only did you save little Kirsten, you saved the whole family....
    "You saved the kids' lives, so that's good, but it says here that in a few days Jasper...kills himself."
    "What!?" Sam tried not to cry out too loudly. "WHY!? What happens?"
    "What?!" I try not to shout out loud. "WHY?! What happens?" :open_mouth::tongue:
    The simplest event could set Jasper off... oh man, I just imagine he'd be feeling awful about not being able to be there for his daughter.
    Oh geez... those mental issues of Eileen's must be pretty dang harsh, if they can disrupt Gushie's connection and make the valiant Dr Sam Beckett break down like that :( Sam might be Sam but he's only human at the end of the day, he still has his limits.
    Oh Yvette, I sure hope everything's going to be okay! Sam's just gonna have to push his limits... that's the only way to expand them!
    Kirsten's fear of the water soon disappeared as she entered the tub and delved deep into her imagination, having the most enjoyable time in the bathtub then she'd had in years!

29536760137_d17c727d1b_z.jpg
    Awww, Sam would make a wonderful dad! Now I can't wait for that part of the story ;)
    I can't really blame a dad for being concerned about his daughter, but Jasper's not dealing with things well at all :/
    There goes Sam again, picking up on every little detail! Not only is he smart in the academic field, he's also smart in dealing with people!
    Family dance party! Always a welcome distraction :) I love how you captured that everyone was all smiles!
    Sure seems like Jasper's in a better mood now. Good on him for apologising to Kirsten... and good on Sam for making it all happen! :>
    Jasper's face lit up in fascination. "My Eileen you are just full of surprises lately," he said, inching closer. "Especially with the way you were dancing earlier. I don't think I've ever seen you sway your hips so...Come 'ere!" He took his wife by the small of her back, gently laying her down, and hovered his body over hers.
    Oh boy...
    He then used his other hand to pull his wife's head towards his, into a gentle, yet passionate, kiss.
    Oof...you're kissing Emma! You're kissing Emma!
    The kissing intensified, with Jasper running his free hand up and down Eileen's leg and hip in a vigorous motion and then moved on to use both hands to pull open her robe.
    Oh yes, Jasper is definitely in a better mood! :tongue:
    "Like I said Jasper, I don't know. I think," he glanced away. "I think God blessed me to be able to swim in that moment. It was a miracle. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around it myself."
    "Indeed it was! And here I was beginning to think God had forgotten about us a long time ago..."
    I just wanna say, I love when writers make dialogue segue so smoothly like that :>
    Sam quickly thought of a believable excuse, "it's that time of the month right now..."
    I don't know why I find that so funny, I mean, Sam's got a medical degree and all that. So I really don't know why I find that so funny... but I do :joy:
    First Yvette, then the weird tea, then saving Kirsten from drowning, then finding out that the family was still to succumb to a gruesome fate, then dealing with upset Jasper, then the family dance party, then dealing with ho'rny Jasper...
    ...Have a good night's rest, Sam, you need it!
  • Options
    Aww @TinySpaceFox thank you for all those lovely comments again. <3

I often agree on all you say and it's just a joy to read them. :blush: I'm glad you're enjoying the story as much as I do writing it. {{{{Hugs}}}}

So everyone. I know I've been on like this mini hiatus (trying to get over some seasonal depression and also trying to accomplish everything in life that I need to with the said depression...) but I am ready to jump back in and continue writing so I can finish up this leap story. :smiley:

Starting tonight!!!

:star:

Thank you as always for your support. It means the world to me! <3
  • Options
    Yippeeeee!! Can't wait :smile:
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Yippeeeee!! Can't wait :smile:

Thanks sweetie. :kissing_heart:

So it's 12:41 AM and I've been writing this chapter since 8:30. :p I never thought I'd crank it all out in one night like this, but I seem to be back in the zone so the chapter is coming very soon! :smiley: (Gotta reread, edit, proofread, insert the pictures, post, and all that jazz. ;) )
  • Options
    It's HERE!! :mrgreen:
    @mycami21 @TinySpaceFox @simscognito @Earcat :)

The Remingtons
    Part 3

The next morning brought with it an overcast sky, complete with fog resting upon the mountains, releasing a light drizzle of rain, which suddenly turned into hail.

44474757601_8014f2a05a_z.jpg

Sam glanced up at the ceiling while cooking in the kitchen, taking notice of the hard, pattering sound upon the roof. Well, if the smell of these waffles doesn't get the family up for breakfast this hail sure will!

Indeed it must have, because within two minutes of thinking that, Cody and Kirsten instantly made their way to the dining room not dressed for the day. Whether it was the smell, or the hail, or both, Sam would never know. He just shook his head with a chuckle as he placed down a plate of waffles for each of them.

"Alllright," Cody practically cheered, looking down upon the waffles with drool forming at the sides of his mouth. "They're not burned! Yum!"
    "Yeah," Sam said, while taking a seat. "I thought I would give it another try and...success was mine," he expressed with a grin.
    "Yay Mom!" Kirsten clapped. "My teacher always says that practice makes perfect!"
    Sam chuckled at her cuteness while Cody just shook his head and took in a giant mouthful of waffle.

A few seconds into eating Sam noticed Jasper was late to the table...again. "Where's your father?" he asked the kids.
    "Not sure," Cody responded. "The shower wasn't running so..."
    "Do you think we'll have to help him wake up again?" Kirsten asked her brother concernedly.

44474768101_f0d5d4fd86_z.jpg

Sam's hand, with fork in hand, froze in mid air upon hearing that.
    Cody simply shook his head, while taking another large bite. "I don't think so. He's been feeling pretty good lately."
    I hope it stays that way, Sam couldn't help thinking.

In no time at all they were all finished eating and Cody began clearing the table for everyone. Sam figured that must've been one of his jobs, or maybe he was just being the good kid that he is.

The sound of harsh footsteps filled the room from Jasper racing down the stairs and then entering the dining room, panting. "Sorry I'm late for breakfast everyone." When he noticed the empty plates and them all getting up from the table he muttered, "Rats."
    "Don't worry about it dad," Cody consoled, trying to walk past him towards the other plates.

44425001892_d704c2fb13_z.jpg

"Yeah," Kirsten added, "we're just glad you're awake and won't miss work."
    Jasper smiled appreciatively at his children, but noticed that Eileen was refusing to meet his gaze.

Sam still couldn't figure out what Eileen's problem was with Jasper...he wished he could make these feelings of resentment go away. Or better yet, find out why she felt that way.

Once the table was cleared and the kids headed upstairs to get dressed, Jasper approached Sam (Eileen) who still refused to look at him.
    "I'm sorry," Jasper deeply expressed.

30604955078_7e3c68515c_z.jpg

"That's the second time you've been late to breakfast Jasper," Sam said rather harshly. "Family meals are important in keeping our family close together."
    "I know...and I remember what you said to me about it before, it's just," he sighed, "I just can't seem to get my brain going in the morning lately."
    "Well most of the time I can't get myself out of bed either Jasper, but you know what, I push through it because I HAVE to!" Sam snapped, against his will. "I've got responsibilities and lying around in bed all day because I'm depressed doesn't help anything, it just prolongs the inevitable. So why don't you, if you want to keep being the breadwinner in this household, get it together!?"
    Jasper gaped at his wife. "Eileen..."
    "I need to get dressed," Sam declared, avoiding any further conversation and making his way towards the stairs.

When he reached the top he shook his head rapidly from side to side and even pat his cheeks for a moment. "Did I really just say that!?" he whispered disgracefully. It seemed the moment Jasper declared he was late for breakfast, Sam lost all control of his mind and Eileen's rose to the surface. There was no sympathy...even though she'd be one to fully understand. It was all frustration and a feeling of burn out, tired of dealing with the same problems and hearing the same excuses. Even though they were valid ones.

He prayed that what he just said wasn't the beginning of pushing Jasper towards thoughts of suicide. How was he ever going to fix all this if Eileen's deepest and darkest feelings keep resurfacing and taking over his mind?

Oh Eileen...what is troubling you so? I wish you could tell me!

No words were spoken between the couple as they got dressed, separately, and then wished the kids a "good day" off to school. Sam washed up the morning dishes and when he finished, he stepped out of the kitchen and found Jasper standing by the front door, shoulders slumped and slowly pulling the car keys out of his pocket. Sam figured it would be best to see him off and try to apologize.

"You're leaving now?" Sam asked as he approached him, which was kind of a silly question.
    Jasper nodded.
    Sam then nodded too, chewing at his bottom lip.

The deathly silence was killing them both.

"I'm sorry Jasper," Sam sincerely expressed. "I didn't mean to say all that earlier. It was heartless and I deeply--"
    "Thanks Eileen," Jasper interrupted in a non sincere way. "I'm sure it's not easy living and dealing with a crack pot husband."

30604955978_ef2d78bc3d_z.jpg

That took Sam aback. "No," he soothed. "It's not like that. That's not how I feel."
    "Then why did you say it?"
    "I didn't call you a crack pot, I just," he pinched the bridge of his nose, "snapped. It was the wrong way to express my feelings to you and I should've been more understanding when you expressed yours. I'm deeply sorry."

43565085515_7030d368b8_z.jpg

Jasper looked down at the floor with a nod, seeming to accept Sam's apology. "Well," he began, looking up, "I have to go or I'll be late so..." He opened the front door, without so much as giving Sam (Eileen) a kiss which he was expecting him to do.
    "Ok," Sam said, taking a step back. "Have a good day."
    "Yeah," Jasper sighed and with that he closed the door behind him.

Sam watched for a moment while Jasper got in the car and drove off, praying again that this one simple mistake wasn't the one to throw him off the edge. The sun was beginning to peek through the clouds now that the rain and hail had stopped. Perhaps the return of the sun would lift both of their spirits.

A couple of minutes later, Sam started to relax on the couch with a magazine, to await Gushie's return with some news, when there was a knock at the door.

With a look of wonderment, he approached the door and glanced through the window of it. A man, with dark brown eyes and hair, long bangs parted to the side, with a half-goatee stood on the other side and met his gaze. "Who is it?" Sam asked.
    "Eileen, it's Hal. Would you open the door already?"
    I don't know who this guy is but, he seems to be a friend of Eileen's so... and he let Hal in.

Once the door closed, Hal expressed, "Whew! I was beginning to think Jasper was never going to leave..."
    Sam stared at him with a furrowed brow and confusion. "Uh, I'm sorry but," he began, still staring into those dark eyes. "Who are you?"

44474770901_a74fb805b5_z.jpg

Hal suddenly burst out into laughter. "Ha! You're joshing me right babe? Is this one of those days where you're out of your mind or something?"

Babe? But before Sam could say or think anything else, Hal began wrapping his arms around his waist and pulling him in close. Oh boy...
    "You asked me to meet you here today after your husband left remember?" Hal asked with a desiring look in his eyes.
    The words struggled to come out. "Uhh...I guess so?"
    "Yes," Hal confirmed, leaning in closer to whisper in Sam's ear. "So why don't we stop wasting time and take this over to the couch eh?"
    Heart thumping while feeling incredibly creeped out and quite baffled, Sam somehow consented. "Okay..."

43565087145_f880ecfdfd_z.jpg

The next few minutes passed by in a blur. Once Hal led Sam (Eileen) to the couch by force of his body, and he was lying down with this muscular man on top of him, Eileen's innermost desires began to surface.

On one hand Sam's subconscious was shouting out, "H*** no! Get this guy off you!" while on the other hand Eileen's subconscious was dominating saying, "Yes. YES!"

(A little bit of YA/Adult Sim content here :p )
    Hal pressed the lower of half of his body hard against Eileen's, while slowly stroking her neck with his lips and light kisses, then moving down to the center of her breast, kissing some more. Sam found Eileen's heart fluttering even more wildly and having this crazy desire to allow this man to make love to her. She rose her breasts up to Hal's lips, moaning, encouraging him to keep going. Then the man started to run a hand up her shirt.

Ch-61-94.jpg

The blur faded and soon all was made clear.

Unexpected to Hal, Sam suddenly threw the man off of him. He stood up sharply to face Hal as the guy tried to regain his balance. "What the h*** are you doing!?" Sam shouted.

43565088545_e8998846c1_z.jpg

Astounded, Hal huffed and replied, "Making love to you! I thought that's what you wanted."
    "I'm a married woman!"
    "Well that didn't seem to matter that night at my place after the bar. Remember that?" he seemed to mock.
    Sam's eyes widened as this new knowledge set within his mind. Oh no...
    "Besides I thought you were thinking of leaving Jasper," Hal went on, "afraid his crazy self was going to expose your crazy."

43565089415_daf361de45_z.jpg

"I'm NOT crazy!" Sam seethed.
    "You know what I mean!"
    "Well," Sam stuttered, hands on his hips, "maybe I've changed my mind...about leaving Jasper."

Hal stepped closer with a half smile. "You can't be serious Eileen. You confided in me, found comfort in me, and when I promised you and your kids a life with me where your secret would be kept safe, you accepted wholeheartedly!"
    I can see why Eileen would fall for that but... "I did," Sam unknowingly admitted, "but now I'm not so sure."
    Hal's half smile then turned flat. "Why? Is it me or something?"
    "No," Sam instantly replied, trying to think of what Eileen would say. "You're...a great guy Hal, it's just--"
    "A great guy? A GREAT GUY!?" he shouted. "No Eileen, I am your Savior. Your ticket out of a mental institution!"

44474773161_2607f49540_z.jpg

Perspiration formed on Sam's brow, obviously as a result of Eileen's subconscious. He wasn't afraid of this guy. "Perhaps," he responded. "But Jasper is the father of my children and I know they would be devastated if I left him. I didn't completely think that through on the night we talked. I must...make this work somehow. For their sake."
    "Oh yes, make it work for the children, blah, blah, blah," Hal mocked changing his voice and using his hand as a puppet. "And then we'll live happily ever after, blah, blah, blah."

44425004382_0b0ddf2c9a_z.jpg

Sam glared at him.
    "LIES!" Hal hissed, getting serious again. "In a normal relationship, with a normal guy, such as myself, that might work, but with someone like Jasper who's crazy could pop out at ANY moment...no. You're better off with me baby and you know it. You told me so!" He then calmed himself a bit and took Sam's hands. "I offer security, peace, and a deep love for you baby. Even though we haven't known each other for long. For all the rest of your days you'll never have to worry about getting put away, I promise. Please Eileen...you know we're great together!"

For a moment, Sam didn't know what to do. If Gushie were here he could run a scan and see just how happily Eileen lives with Hal, or not. However this mission isn't to save just Eileen, it's to save her family and Jasper is family. If he commits suicide as a result of her leaving him, that's not ok! Then again if Eileen leaves with Hal, then she and the kids would be safer with him. Apparently.

But that's not the point! He cried out to his mind. There's a reason why this family has to stay together, a reason for ALL of them to be saved! I don't know all the reasons, but I must have faith in them. So that's why I must do what I'm about to do!

"I appreciate your offer Hal," Sam said as sincerely as he could, "but I'm going to have to decline. My kids come first and I will not put them through the sorrow of me divorcing their dad over such a trivial reason. We've made it work all these years with no problems, so..."
    "Come now babe enough of this foolishness," Hal frankly said, locking an arm with Sam. "You'll come to your senses once we go and pick up the divorce papers."
    "No!" Sam cried, forcefully removing Hal's arm from his. "I want you out of my life Hal! It's over you hear me? For good, forever!"

30604961248_2f37246732_z.jpg

If there was any hurt within Hal, it didn't show. "You've lost your mind Eileen!"
    "On the contrary I think my mind is perfectly clear. Now get out of my house!"

At that, Hal raised a threatening finger to his lover with rage in his eyes. "You'll regret this decision Eileen."

30604962898_7b26687694_z.jpg

But Sam stood him down with the rage in his own eyes.

Spinning on his heel, Hal made for the door and left.
    Da'mn right, Sam thought as he watched him go, the door slamming shut.

43565093545_ee9113e21d_z.jpg

Sam carefully watched out the window to make sure Hal disappeared for good. When he did, he locked the door and then pressed his back upon it with a sigh of relief.

He wanted to feel relief, believe that everything is ok now for the Remington's, but...Hal may have issued a threat and Sam was going to have to stay on his toes. He hoped everything was working now back at the Project because he was really going to need some further knowledge from Gushie on whether he changed the family's history for the better, or worse again with him (Eileen) rejecting Hal.

No doubt this was one of the most complicated, and worrisome, leaps he'd ever experienced.

The next hour passed with Sam sitting on the cold bench out in the backyard, the shade chilling his arms, feeling depressed and dispirited.

The sound of the Imaging Chamber door opening awoke him from his thoughts.

"Hey there Doctor Beckett," Gushie casually greeted. Sam really hoped it'd been Al that stepped through this time...he sure needed some guidance from his best friend right now.
    "Where've you been Gushie?" he asked gloomily.

44425006282_e5a681a27d_z.jpg

"Trying to fix things back at the Project. Remember?"
    Sam closed his eyes. "Why does everyone keep asking me if I remember things?"

That tone got Gushie's attention. He stepped closer, studying Sam's countenance carefully. "Are you alright? What happened?"
    Shaking his head, Sam replied, "I was trying to save this family and now...I fear I scre'wed things up even more."
    "How do you figure?"
    "If you'd been here when I needed you Gushie..."
    "Well, I'm sorry! We were trying to fix things on our end for you!"
    "I get it Gushie, I don't want to fight," he expressed, releasing a giant breath and going back to the question. "It seems Eileen's been having an affair with a guy named Hal, and was going to leave Jasper for him since he claimed he'd keep her true mental health status safe, but...once I gave him the boot, he pretty much issued a threat which makes me fear he's going to expose their entire family out of spite."
    Gushie pursed his lips for a moment, processing that information. "So you met Hal huh?"
    "Yes," Sam gazed upon him questionably. "What do you guys know?"

"Well," Gushie began, instinctively pulling out the Handlink, though it wasn't needed, "there's still some interference going on and we haven't been able to work our way through it, however," he paused, "Doctor Beeks did get Eileen to talk, after giving her some medication."
    Sam stood up from the bench and eyed his friend in hopefulness. "Really? That's great! What'd she say?"
    "A few things, but the most important piece of information was her revealing going to a bar one night while feeling down and meeting Hal. She apparently had a few drinks in her and began pouring out her life story and greatest concerns to him. It would seem Hal took advantage of this knowledge as a way to get her to sleep with him, which happened, and Eileen felt terrible about it, but soon she began to develop feelings for him, especially since the security he promised her was very alluring. She then said they'd been meeting each other secretly a couple of times and making plans for her to leave Jasper so that she and the kids could be better protected from a mental institution, since Jasper's emotions can change so drastically and raise a red flag in the wrong setting."
    "Like out in public."
    "Right. She said that's why they don't get out much and she hates it."

Sam rubbed at his neck with a sigh, "Well, did you tell her that Jasper kills himself once he finds out about all this because he somehow does!"
    Gushie gulped. "No...Verbeena advised against it, saying it would probably cause Eileen to become mute again. Besides we're not really supposed to reveal future details to them."
    "Why not? She'll forget all about being there anyway once I leap out and she returns."
    "Well we were hoping that keeping her sane for now would tone down the disturbances, but...it hasn't changed anything." He sighed.
    Sam shook his head. "So you still have nothing for me then?"
    "No," he regretfully answered, "but Ziggy says the mission is still the same Sam: To save the family."
    "I tried to, but now I've failed them. Hal will expose them I know it!"

43565094425_f5667f4f8b_z.jpg

"Then you'll figure out how to deal with Hal and fix this, like you always do." A couple of beeping sounds came from the Handlink and Gushie pressed a button while beginning to read.

"I just got a message from Dr. Beeks," he informed Sam. "She says she asked Eileen what's the last thing she remembers and Eileen responded with, 'I was on a date with Jasper and I wandered off by the pond to think things over. I felt like a horrible human being for even considering leaving the man I love, the father of my children, but I am scared. I never want to be put away. The things they'll do to me... I also want to do what's best for Cody and Kirsten, ease their burdens a bit, but kept thinking is that worth losing their dad over?'"
    "No, it's not!" Sam retorted. "Ziggy said she ends up losing her kids too from making this decision! It's not the right one!"
    "I know," Gushie calmed, putting the Handlink away. "So, here's what I suggest Doctor Beckett."
    "Sam."
    "Sam," he corrected while clearing his throat. "I may not be the smartest fellow among the rest of you at the Project, but I've been married for thirty years and I know a thing or two about relationships and trust. I suggest you gently come clean to Jasper, tell him everything. Apologize, admit you made a mistake, and assure him you've kicked Hal to the curb and want to stay together."
    "But what if Hal exposes them?"
    "Then if this couple is as strong as we think they are, they'll get through the repercussions together. Or better yet, they'll find a way to keep Hal quiet together. The sooner you talk to him the better!"
    Sam slightly nodded in agreement.

"I don't know what other options you have Sam," Gushie continued. "Unless you have a better idea?"
    He shook his head. "No...I really don't."
    "And you have to remember there's a reason for all this...the interference, trying to figure all this out in the dark, Hal's threat...God's really laying it on thick, but there's always a reason things happen Sam and you'll figure it out. You can fix this. Just like you always do," he winked. "Never once have you failed during a leap and you won't now."

Sam smiled, admiring Gushie's faith in him. Now he needed to have that same faith in himself...and in God.

:)
    So seriously, what are your thoughts on Hal? :neutral:
    I wanna hear it! ;)
  • Options
    Well let's see if I can express my thoughts on Hal with this being a family friendly forum :wink: Low down, dirty rotten scoundrel beast that needs to be put out of his misery. How's that?!

Another excellent, well written update, Emily. And even though I've said it after every update *probably* it's amazing how much you hit the mark of the original show. It really feels like Quantum Leap is back. :)<3
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , Gonna leave feedback here...

The marriage seems to be falling apart, they need to talk not accuse. Dang, if my husband ever left for work without kissing me good bye...that stuff would hurt!! I KNEW she was cheating on Jasper...and with mister yucky chin fur...hate those soul patch things or whatever, they’re gross, I call them female repellant as I’ve never met a female who likes them. Wow, that dude sure is pushy! I almost wanted to see Sam/Eileen go for it with him, but that would have solved nothing. I don’t know...if Hal had not been so childish in his delievery of that offer it would probably sound tempting but leaving a husband is tough especially since Sam it trying to save the whole family. Hal has every right to be miffed he assumed Eileen would be lesving Jasper for him, then to have her change her mind out of the blue is not going to make him happy...

I agree with the advise given she needs to fess up, and hope Jasper forgives her.

Hal....well he’s kinda jumping the gun wanting to get married and take over as daddy if they have only been out a few times. Has he even met the kids, he’s willing to take them in but not sure if he understands what goes along with that. The kids will most likely resent him for busting up their parents marriage. Cody especially could give the guy a run for his money....teen boys are protective of their moms (ask me how I know! :wink: ) and he would mostly likely give Hal tons of grief.

:smiley:
  • Options
    ZeeGee wrote: »

Another excellent, well written update, Emily. And even though I've said it after every update *probably* it's amazing how much you hit the mark of the original show. It really feels like Quantum Leap is back. :)<3

Awww! @ZeeGee you're gonna make me cry here. :'-)
    That's the sweetest compliment EVER and *sniff* that's really been my goal - or whatever it's called. To bring it back!
    To show that Sam's story did NOT end just because he never made it home. :star:
    Thank you. <3<3 {{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

@Charlottesmom Yeah, if hubby doesn't kiss me goodbye when heading off to work it hurts me too. :( I wonder, "What did I do wrong?" :cry:
    Yes, you DID call Eileen cheating on him. :smirk:
    giphy.gif
    ^I love this gif so much right now! :joy:
    Soul Patches are totally woman repellents! :grimace:
    Yeeeeeah, it will be very interesting to see how Hal reacts to this sudden change in Eileen's feelings....
    Hal....well he’s kinda jumping the gun wanting to get married and take over as daddy if they have only been out a few times. Has he even met the kids, he’s willing to take them in but not sure if he understands what goes along with that. The kids will most likely resent him for busting up their parents marriage. Cody especially could give the guy a run for his money....teen boys are protective of their moms (ask me how I know! :wink: ) and he would mostly likely give Hal tons of grief.
    ^Good point. :star:
    And I believe you that teen boys are protective of their mommy's. ;) (I know my brothers were <3 )
    Thank you for the comments. :kissing_heart: {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

There's so much speculation going around about Hal, his intentions, and reasons for wanting to be with someone like Eileen and...I LOVE it! :mrgreen:

I can't reveal anything, of course, but I will say I heard this song on the "Pop Rocks" radio station and my mind instantly went to him. :smirk:

Foreshadowing? I dunno...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xmmfCrIz8Q

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    @emorrill He didn't kiss you before work cause the pancakes you made tasted like cardboard.Learn to cook your man a decent meal and you might get some loving. :# Now go watch food network and absorb it's message.

:D

I am kidding

But just in case here is a good pancake recipe

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018180-perfect-buttermilk-pancakes
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @emorrill He didn't kiss you before work cause the pancakes you made tasted like cardboard.Learn to cook your man a decent meal and you might get some loving. :# Now go watch food network and absorb it's message.

:D

I am kidding

But just in case here is a good pancake recipe

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018180-perfect-buttermilk-pancakes

@CravenLestat Leave it to you to give me a good laugh. ;)

Well, hubby usually kisses me 98% of the time he's heading off to work, but the once in a blue moon when he doesn't I'm like: :worried: (And I knew at the time why he didn't...)

Thanks for the recipe. Sounds delish! :yum:
    And no worries, I cook well for my man. :smirk: (At least I do when I'm not feeling super depressed. )

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    @emorrill , Did J really do that to you?? That would freak me out. In all my 31 years with C he has always kissed me goodbye, even after some doozy fights the night before. I’d probably stalker text him asking what I did wrong... :'(
  • Options
    Yay, new chapter! Just in time for the weekend :>

I was just about to say, thank goodness Sam didn't burn the waffles this time! I imagine Cody's still drowning them in syrup though :tongue:
    Aw, Kirsten is just too pure <3
    "Do you think we'll have to help him wake up again?" Kirsten asked her brother concernedly.
    No lie, my face just fell upon reading that sentence. The word "again" implies that it's happened before :worried: I already know from your last few updates about Jasper and his mental health issues, but it isn't any less saddening when you bring them up again...
    I'm with you Sam, I hope Jasper stays in his good mood for a while!
    I knew it! That snapping was just so out of character for Sam, it just had to be Eileen! That poor woman though, to think her issues are serious enough to make even the great Dr Beckett falter!
    I can only imagine Jasper is blaming himself for what Eileen did :(
    Okay, I know better than to judge someone by first impressions... but just from looking at Hal, I think he looks like a first-class d-bag! If that's the feel you were going for, then mission accomplished! :tongue:
    43565087145_f880ecfdfd_z.jpg
    Oh dear. Sam looks so very uncomfortable there! But this time, instead of sitting back with a bucket of popcorn, I want to reach in and pluck him out of there, because Hal is bad news...
    Keep fighting Sam, remember you were sent here for a reason! You're gonna make this work for the good of Eileen, Jasper, and the kids! Besides, I wouldn't trust Hal one bit, it totally sounded like he was trying to exploit Eileen's vulnerability (and Jasper's as well)! He wasn't even capable of having a civil conversation with Sam/Eileen, and we all know how important that is in any kind of relationship!
    "Come now babe enough of this foolishness," Hal frankly said, locking an arm with Sam. "You'll come to your senses once we go and pick up the divorce papers."
    "No!" Sam cried, forcefully removing Hal's arm from his. "I want you out of my life Hal! It's over you hear me? For good, forever!"

30604961248_2f37246732_z.jpg
    Don't you dare mess with Eileen, Hal, because she just remembered she's a black belt in martial arts :D
    No doubt this was one of the most complicated, and worrisome, leaps he'd ever experienced.
    Oh yes, the tension is real in this one! What Sam wouldn't give to just be back home in Hidden Springs with his lovely Emma...
    Gushie, you're back! Give us allll the intel! This oughta be a juicy one...
    I knew it all along! That dirty sleazebag Hal was just trying to take advantage of a vulnerable woman! Who knows what he might do now, after this little episode... one thing's for sure, Sam's gotta protect the family at all costs!
    "Then you'll figure out how to deal with Hal and fix this, like you always do."
    Think of your Emma, Sam! :smiley:
    So Eileen wasn't totally guiltless about possibly abandoning Jasper! I can only imagine she was going through a lot of internal conflict that day, down by the pond. There you go Sam, that's why you were sent here!
    Gushie's suggestion might just be the best option that Sam's got at the moment, I just hope Jasper doesn't take things too harshly.
    Totally enjoyed that, and I'm looking forward to the next part :)
  • Options
    @TinySpaceFox I love your comments on the chapters. :blush: They are a real joy to read! :smiley:
    Okay, I know better than to judge someone by first impressions... but just from looking at Hal, I think he looks like a first-class d-bag! If that's the feel you were going for, then mission accomplished! :tongue:
    ^LOL! :joy:
    I guess the mission has been accomplished. :p;)
    Don't you dare mess with Eileen, Hal, because she just remembered she's a black belt in martial arts :lol:
    ^Da'mn skippy! :smiley:
    (You know your Quantum Leap! I love it! :star: )

Yes! Sam needs to think about getting back home with Emma...and SOON! :mrgreen:

Yup, Sam is really out of any other options, but you can see the dilemma he's wrestling with if Jasper doesn't respond well to the truth...it could complicate things (alter the time line negatively) even MORE! :worried:
    Sam's definitely got his work cut out for him and a lot of this he will just have to do out of great faith...

Thank you for the comments. <3

• Options
    @emorrill , Did J really do that to you?? That would freak me out. In all my 31 years with C he has always kissed me goodbye, even after some doozy fights the night before. I’d probably stalker text him asking what I did wrong... :'(

^It's only happened once or twice in our marriage and I don't remember what it was now, but I did know what the issue was at the time.
    Oh and you bet I stalker texted him to make sure everything was ok!
    (We worked it out, we always do. ;)<3 )
  • Options
    @emorrill , That is great to hear, I know you guys have a great marriage. <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top