Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chances: GENERATION 2 [UPDATED: 3/13/19]

Comments

• Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Wow...that was dramatic. And now if they get together, I worry for Eli. Someone needs to knock off Sams dad. Ha! ;) Where is Meatball when you need him? :D

HAHAHA, I think you meant Kellogg, but either way, totally agree!!! Grant's such a jerk. I love him. :D>:):D And is Sam back in your good graces? Did she grovel enough for you? LoL
    Aaaa I loved this chapter. I was worried she'd leave without clearing the air at all, but she actually tried, and Eli was honest with her too. And that no-longer-unnamed nooboo! Am I getting my hopes up...? :'(

So happy, and yes, the next gen has a name!!! We'll see what's in their futures, but I'm not going to spoil you either way. You're just going to have to wait like everyone else LadyLobster. Still writing the next chapter so it might be a while...and somebody is making me want to try out vampires.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    What kind of dastardly person would make you want to try out vampires when there are nooboos at stake here?! (Not to be confused with vampire stakes. I hope.)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Sam is not yet in my good graces but she definitely made up some ground. Now she has to do LOTS of nice things for Eli...Kellogg? Yes! He'd be perfect for the job! ;) With his sidekick, Nancy, in the getaway car.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Just started this, and it's great! Looking forward to catching up.
  • Options
    What kind of dastardly person would make you want to try out vampires when there are nooboos at stake here?! (Not to be confused with vampire stakes. I hope.)

LoL. Don't you worry, the nooboos are safe. I would never intentionally hurt a nooboo.
    Sam is not yet in my good graces but she definitely made up some ground. Now she has to do LOTS of nice things for Eli...Kellogg? Yes! He'd be perfect for the job! ;) With his sidekick, Nancy, in the getaway car.

Well, I guess that's a start in the right direction. Hopefully Sam will win you over.
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Just started this, and it's great! Looking forward to catching up.

Take your time. Glad you are enjoying it.

UPDATE: Okay, so I've been building this beautiful vampire Victorian house that has taken me days and days to build, along with a family of vamps to live in it. A friend of mine and I are starting a story together. It will be a collaboration. Annnnd I am also in a lot of pain, and haven't even touched the Sims today. But not to worry, once I finish building this lot I am working on and making my family of Vamps, I will work on Chapter 14. I just am really looking forward to this vampire story.

Here's just a teaser of the build I am making. (I need to get more photos.) This lot will be available for download too. Also, once I gather all his CC, Eli will also be available.

02-27-17_10-39-42c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    That looks INCREDIBLE! I'm eager for more Second Chances, but I can't wait to see your vampire collaboration too. More for me to read from you (and your friend too)!

So sorry to hear that your pain's back, I hope it settles down soon. :'(
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Well, per @pammiechick and @Jes2G 's recommendation in the lounge today I started and caught up to this story. Absolutely love it. I commented on your blog on nearly every chapter. Well done you - screenshots and story are both amazing.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    he he, thanks for tagging me, @cshaner. I'm always late to these thread parties lol. Hello, @orangeplumbob! I'm here lol.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    As I've missed all previous discussions, here is my position for everyone to know lol. I LOVE Eli and Sam together!! I'm usually not one to be so adamant about two people getting together, but I couldn't help it with these two. Yeah, they both were not as forthcoming as they should have been, and yeah, Sam needs to stand up to her father (or else), but dang it I love these two together and that is what I want! :D

Jes2G Out!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    That looks INCREDIBLE! I'm eager for more Second Chances, but I can't wait to see your vampire collaboration too. More for me to read from you (and your friend too)!

So sorry to hear that your pain's back, I hope it settles down soon. :'(

Thank you. It's taken me days to build, but I am nearly finish with the house. In fact that's an old photo. I put rugs down the hallway there, and it's even more amazing now. I'll definitely be posting photos once I am done with the build. My friend and I already have a title of the story, and when we get it all set up with the promo photos, I'll post about it.
    cshaner wrote: »
    Well, per @pammiechick and @Jes2G 's recommendation in the lounge today I started and caught up to this story. Absolutely love it. I commented on your blog on nearly every chapter. Well done you - screenshots and story are both amazing.

I saw. Thank you for all the comments. I replied to some of them. Thank you for taking a chance on my blog.
    Jes2G wrote: »
    As I've missed all previous discussions, here is my position for everyone to know lol. I LOVE Eli and Sam together!! I'm usually not one to be so adamant about two people getting together, but I couldn't help it with these two. Yeah, they both were not as forthcoming as they should have been, and yeah, Sam needs to stand up to her father (or else), but dang it I love these two together and that is what I want! :D

Jes2G Out!

I love Sam and Eli together too!!! They are one of the cutest couples I have ever had in my game. They're going to have to work hard to make it work, and yeah, Sam will definitely stand up to Grant. And thank you so much for recommending my story!!! And @pammiechick, thank you!!!

• Options
    Your welcome! Looking forward to your new story! Awesome build, btw!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    So, yeah, should give you all an update. Like really. Okay, so I haven't even opened my gaming laptop since probably a little over ten days. Maybe more. Not sure how long. I've been dealing with a bout of depression. Don't ask why, it happens. I've struggled with it for over two decades. I will get back to it. Just give me some time to battle this hell I'm in. It's like a storm cloud. It's why I write and read a lot. But sometimes...it just hits me, and a lot of times I don't even realize what's going on until I'm out of it. Anyway, that's why I haven't been on. Hell, I haven't been doing much of anything besides reading a whole bunch of books in bed. I'm hoping though that chapter 14 will be out by the end of this week. I really want to get back to Eli and his story. Just bare with me while I deal.
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Don't stress about it! Life happens and your health comes first will be waiting. Hope you feel better! Sending you positive vibes and energy! <3:D
  • Options
    I'm with WitcHazard, please don't feel like you have to apologize! Put you and your mental health first. <3 We'll be happy for the next update, whenever it comes!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    So, yeah, should give you all an update. Like really. Okay, so I haven't even opened my gaming laptop since probably a little over ten days. Maybe more. Not sure how long. I've been dealing with a bout of depression. Don't ask why, it happens. I've struggled with it for over two decades. I will get back to it. Just give me some time to battle this plum I'm in. It's like a storm cloud. It's why I write and read a lot. But sometimes...it just hits me, and a lot of times I don't even realize what's going on until I'm out of it. Anyway, that's why I haven't been on. plum, I haven't been doing much of anything besides reading a whole bunch of books in bed. I'm hoping though that chapter 14 will be out by the end of this week. I really want to get back to Eli and his story. Just bare with me while I deal.

I was wondering about you! So sorry you're having a hard time. Definitely concentrate on your needs, though...we will be here, happily awaiting the next episode. :) Hugs!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Take your time.
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Finally. I am back into swings. Anyway, this took several rewrites and the next two chapters I completely rewrote.

Chapter 14: Another Chance

And just a Spoiler that I thought might interest you all:

BEHIND THE SCENES
    While I was staging photos for the frame in Derek's room, I noticed something. Every time Grant picked up, held, or was near Derek he would scream his head off. I laughed so hard. So the bit about Grant in this chapter is from what I noticed in-game, and thought you'd all like that little behind the scenes tid-bit

• Options
    Also, I want to thank everyone's support. Your words meant a lot to me. It's still hell, but I am trying to fight through it. Hoping to get back on top of my blog, and try to get my friend and I on the same page for our vamp story.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    That was beautiful...but...I'm afraid of Sam's dad. One mess up and he's back in jail. That guy could trump up charges. Eek! I'm cringing with fear for them! Sam is going to have to be strong but I'm not sure it will be enough! That man is abusive!!

Oh and I'm so glad you're back and getting better! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I loved this chapter so much. :'( The story is really living up to its name now! I had faith in Sam all along. <3 And I love the cc you downloaded for little Derek.

Like Pammie, I'm worried about Sam's dad though. I think Sam and Eli have shown a lot of maturity, even after Sam's fear made her withdraw. They were able to talk through this!
    And a wedding! First comes love, then comes nooboo...then comes marriage? I hope, I hope!

So glad you felt well enough to post a new chapter today. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Yes Yes Yes! Okay really Sam! I get your reluctance but I don't think the whole time you were dating you asked him what he did to get in jail so I don't see the problem. You knew he was a criminal. That got out on parole and he's not super old which means he didn't murder anybody or at least went to jail for man slaughter. So it had to be something with less charges. I'm actually shocked with her dad being a cop and all she didn't find out what he did to go to jail sooner.

But I'll forgive you cause of the adorable nooboo Derek! I can't wait too see how handy he is. And my brain is still trying to figure out what he'll need a second chance for oh the possibilities! <3

I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't push yourself okay. What's this about a vampire story I'm intrigued!
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    I am soooo happy for this chapter. I'm glad even more you're feeling more in a space to write it. Your health and needs first!!!
    As I mentioned on your blog I really hope that Sams Dad doesn't jeopardize Elis parole somehow. Doesn't seem too far fetched he could come up with some infraction that violates that.

Loved this!!!! :heart:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    That was beautiful...but...I'm afraid of Sam's dad. One mess up and he's back in jail. That guy could trump up charges. Eek! I'm cringing with fear for them! Sam is going to have to be strong but I'm not sure it will be enough! That man is abusive!!

Oh and I'm so glad you're back and getting better! <3

Thank you, I'm glad to be back to playing games myself. Husband said that he was worried about me because I hadn't played a single video game in weeks. Now, I'm feeling loads better emotionally. And yes, Eli's biggest fear is that "one mess up" and how Grant could jeopardize his future.
    I loved this chapter so much. :'( The story is really living up to its name now! I had faith in Sam all along. <3 And I love the cc you downloaded for little Derek.

Like Pammie, I'm worried about Sam's dad though. I think Sam and Eli have shown a lot of maturity, even after Sam's fear made her withdraw. They were able to talk through this!
    And a wedding! First comes love, then comes nooboo...then comes marriage? I hope, I hope!

So glad you felt well enough to post a new chapter today. <3

The only problem with baby cc is that you have to quit if you want to change the baby's clothes, and take out overrides. That's the only thing I hated about staging those photos I did for the frame. But, it is worth it in the end.

And yeah, Sam and Eli grew more mature and are more grounded when dealing with life. We'll see how they come together to overcome the hoops they are bound to jump to stay together, like Grant.
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Yes Yes Yes! Okay really Sam! I get your reluctance but I don't think the whole time you were dating you asked him what he did to get in jail so I don't see the problem. You knew he was a criminal. That got out on parole and he's not super old which means he didn't murder anybody or at least went to jail for man slaughter. So it had to be something with less charges. I'm actually shocked with her dad being a cop and all she didn't find out what he did to go to jail sooner.

But I'll forgive you cause of the adorable nooboo Derek! I can't wait too see how handy he is. And my brain is still trying to figure out what he'll need a second chance for oh the possibilities! <3

I'm glad you're feeling better. Don't push yourself okay. What's this about a vampire story I'm intrigued!

It definitely IS Sam's fault for not asking. They both made mistakes, and are willing to work on fixing those mistakes. And yes, Derek is adorable. And you're just going to have to wait about his second chance.
    cshaner wrote: »
    I am soooo happy for this chapter. I'm glad even more you're feeling more in a space to write it. Your health and needs first!!!
    As I mentioned on your blog I really hope that Sams Dad doesn't jeopardize Elis parole somehow. Doesn't seem too far fetched he could come up with some infraction that violates that.

Loved this!!!! :heart:

Thank you! I'm happy to be back in the swing of things too.
    Oh, I'm sure if Grant wanted to, he could use his power in the police force to make Eli's life hell. We'll see what happens...
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    So glad that they're getting married. Not sure how you're going to manage a reconciliation with Grant, though. I was going to say that Grant would probably have a better handle on his temper than that. But then I tried to imagine what my husband's reaction would have been if his daughter had said she was marrying one of his former inmates (he's a retired prison superintendent) -- "Over his dead body!" about sums it up.
  • Options
    Happy happy joy joy! Happy happy joy joy!! :D
    forum_final.png