Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chances: GENERATION 2 [UPDATED: 3/13/19]

Comments

• Options
    orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    Wow. Your sets are amazing! So glad Eli found a job. I never liked the start of legacies with the open plot of land. Yours is realistic. Awesome chapter. Can't wait to see what these two get up to. Hopefully, Marv will be a good influence. He seems to be so far.
    Pammiechick is right, your sets are incredible! So glad you managed to get out another update so early. Hopefully Eli is able to make a decent life for himself now. Keep those updates coming!
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Well the apartment is cozy :D His PO seems respectable so hopefully no dirty cops here. And Now Marv as a great alternate for Pops Roy and Nancy for support. And who ever really follows the rules they're more like guidelines anyway! You have a very good eye for detail when it comes to your lots!

Thank you guys! Means a lot. Marv's Auto Shop is actually located in Magnolia Promenade, if you can believe it. I used a lot of fake buildings on the two 20x20 lots. I built Marv's Auto and the subway station from scratch. The Subway train Eli's riding is in the subway station under my newly made Central Park in Myshuno and will be uploaded once I make the entire CC list and get photos of it. It's actually my first ever park I've built.

The two gas stations I can't take credit. Seeing I only needed them for a couple of photos for this chapter and the prologue, I downloaded them from the gallery. I edited the one with a grocery store CC to make it more lively and complete. The apartment building/lobby area I took a shell off the gallery and completely re-built it, and made it as grungy as possible. Eli's actual apartment is located in the small square apartment in the Arts District that Needs TLC.

I never build small stages. I never know how I am going to stage my shots, so that's why I build everything to include all the details--even if only one little part of the lot is in the photo. The park/subway station will probably be used a lot more and you will eventually see the entire thing. Hell, that lot alone took me 3 days to build.

Now off to build one more thing that I totally forgot to build, and then play a couple of days in my legacy save before playing through my story.

Also note, after creating Marv, I am adding him more into my story. I am also adding more chapters into Eli's generation than I originally planned. I have so many story ideas I can do with Eli and his family, and his future family.

Now off to play. I'm in some pain today, so don't expect an update for a couple of days.
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Your attention to detail and all the effort you make really pay off! It feels almost like a prestige TV drama on HBO or something more than The Sims, I love it.

I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain. I hope you make a quick recovery and enjoy your time in-game.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wow. Your sets are amazing! So glad Eli found a job. I never liked the start of legacies with the open plot of land. Yours is realistic. Awesome chapter. Can't wait to see what these two get up to. Hopefully, Marv will be a good influence. He seems to be so far.
    Pammiechick is right, your sets are incredible! So glad you managed to get out another update so early. Hopefully Eli is able to make a decent life for himself now. Keep those updates coming!
    Well the apartment is cozy :D His PO seems respectable so hopefully no dirty cops here. And Now Marv as a great alternate for Pops Roy and Nancy for support. And who ever really follows the rules they're more like guidelines anyway! You have a very good eye for detail when it comes to your lots!

Thank you guys! Means a lot. Marv's Auto Shop is actually located in Magnolia Promenade, if you can believe it. I used a lot of fake buildings on the two 20x20 lots. I built Marv's Auto and the subway station from scratch. The Subway train Eli's riding is in the subway station under my newly made Central Park in Myshuno and will be uploaded once I make the entire CC list and get photos of it. It's actually my first ever park I've built.

The two gas stations I can't take credit. Seeing I only needed them for a couple of photos for this chapter and the prologue, I downloaded them from the gallery. I edited the one with a grocery store CC to make it more lively and complete. The apartment building/lobby area I took a shell off the gallery and completely re-built it, and made it as grungy as possible. Eli's actual apartment is located in the small square apartment in the Arts District that Needs TLC.

I never build small stages. I never know how I am going to stage my shots, so that's why I build everything to include all the details--even if only one little part of the lot is in the photo. The park/subway station will probably be used a lot more and you will eventually see the entire thing. plum, that lot alone took me 3 days to build.

Now off to build one more thing that I totally forgot to build, and then play a couple of days in my legacy save before playing through my story.

Also note, after creating Marv, I am adding him more into my story. I am also adding more chapters into Eli's generation than I originally planned. I have so many story ideas I can do with Eli and his family, and his future family.

Now off to play. I'm in some pain today, so don't expect an update for a couple of days.

Your artistry is amazing. So glad you're having fun with it. I hope you continue it. I will be featuring this on SimsVIP, but it needs many more chapters. I'm so excited to see what you come up with.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I never build small stages. I never know how I am going to stage my shots, so that's why I build everything to include all the details--even if only one little part of the lot is in the photo. The park/subway station will probably be used a lot more and you will eventually see the entire thing. plum, that lot alone took me 3 days to build.

Your artistry is amazing. So glad you're having fun with it. I hope you continue it. I will be featuring this on SimsVIP, but it needs many more chapters. I'm so excited to see what you come up with.

6047f277e27ee590d10d2421a717d3b0.gif

OH MY SIMS Pammie. You just made my day. There will be tons more chapters, promise. I already have all of Eli's chapters written and started on the second generation already. So don't you worry, I am not going anywhere. I am having too much fun with this.
  • Options
    LOL! Cool! I'm excited to hear this!!!! :smiley: (That gif cracks me up! Hee!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I've sort of actually started to plan the first five generations. At least in the simple terms, like careers and the "second chance" they will get, or might get. We shall see where the story takes me though.
  • Options
    Update! Chapter 7: Sam Whoa! That's a girls name! *Snickers* Enjoy!
  • Options
    Well, that was fast. But because it is, it makes me worry. Nothing is that easy. Love the family picture, btw. Eli looks as respectable as his brothers.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    This was such a cute update! But like pammiechick, I'm worried that it might be too much, too soon and that Eli is pinning all his hopes and fantasies on a first date. (I know a lot of us have been there. ;) ) But still, I'd love for him to find some happiness after prison, and ohhh that fantasy with pregnant Sam and the toddler was adorable. Good luck to Eli, whether he ends up with Sam or not!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Eeeeeeeek nooboos! That toddler is so adorable @orangeplumbob don't play with my emotions I get crazy when nooboos ar involved! Also I caught it I knew I heard that name before. I know who Sam' daddy is hopefully he's open minded as I think he is otherwise this is going to be a very interesting reunion :D
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Love the story so far and your shots to go with it are great! This is, I'm guessing, is Sam the daughter of the cop that arrested Eli? That will certainly be interesting when they meet.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Well, that was fast. But because it is, it makes me worry. Nothing is that easy. Love the family picture, btw. Eli looks as respectable as his brothers.
    LoL, he does look respectable in his dream, doesn't he? LoL. Nothing is ever easy, especially when I am the writer. >:)>:)>:) LoL.
    This was such a cute update! But like pammiechick, I'm worried that it might be too much, too soon and that Eli is pinning all his hopes and fantasies on a first date. (I know a lot of us have been there. ;) ) But still, I'd love for him to find some happiness after prison, and ohhh that fantasy with pregnant Sam and the toddler was adorable. Good luck to Eli, whether he ends up with Sam or not!
    I think everyone has been there at least once. Who doesn't want to have a happy ending, especially with a cr*appy beginning in life? I think Eli is like that, he wants what so many others have, and he thinks he can't get because he did some terrible things in his past. We shall see what happens.
    Eeeeeeeek nooboos! That toddler is so adorable @orangeplumbob don't play with my emotions I get crazy when nooboos ar involved!
    I love playing with my readers emotions. HAHAHAHA >:)>:)>:)
    Also I caught it I knew I heard that name before. I know who Sam' daddy is hopefully he's open minded as I think he is otherwise this is going to be a very interesting reunion :D
    kayt45 wrote: »
    Love the story so far and your shots to go with it are great! This is, I'm guessing, is Sam the daughter of the cop that arrested Eli? That will certainly be interesting when they meet.
    latest?cb=20120724132241
  • Options
    Okay, I just went back and read the prologue...
    AHHH!! Eli's goose is cooked. No way in plum will he allow Eli a second chance to date his daughter...egad...
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Well, I am on a roll. No really I am. Anyway, Chapter 8: Family Dinner is out! But whose family? Well, go read and find out. :p
  • Options
    Aww, I really enjoyed the peek at Eli's "normal" family life! And wow, taking Sam to meet his family? Things must be getting serious...I liked how comfortable she seemed with them. I have a feeling Eli meeting her family (and Dad in particular) won't go nearly as smoothly...

I hope his little sister is able to turn things around rather than following in her big brother's footsteps. At least Eli accepts responsibility for his past and genuinely seems to want to change for the better.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member
    Aw, that was nice. It's great that you can tell Eli has learned from his mistakes and is ready do more. I hope that what he said has an effect of Rhya so she doesn't end up in the same position.
  • Options
    Wow. That Rhya...she'd better listen to Eli. I like the friendship Eli has with his brother. Things are rosy for the ex-con...now for a meeting with Sam's father. >:)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Aww, I really enjoyed the peek at Eli's "normal" family life! And wow, taking Sam to meet his family? Things must be getting serious...I liked how comfortable she seemed with them. I have a feeling Eli meeting her family (and Dad in particular) won't go nearly as smoothly...

I hope his little sister is able to turn things around rather than following in her big brother's footsteps. At least Eli accepts responsibility for his past and genuinely seems to want to change for the better.
    Ryha's a brat. LoL. And thanks for the comment. I really enjoyed writing this one with his family. Eli's close to his brother, Anthony and his mother out of all of them, and so I am trying to show that. Hopefully I succeed throughout his generation. As for Sam's dad... yeah, you're just going to have to wait and see.
    kayt45 wrote: »
    Aw, that was nice. It's great that you can tell Eli has learned from his mistakes and is ready do more. I hope that what he said has an effect of Rhya so she doesn't end up in the same position.
    Eli has learned a lot in life, and I think he has come to terms with who he is and who he wants to be, so yes, he really has learned from his mistakes. Let's just hope his sister takes what he says to heart.

Wow. That Rhya...she'd better listen to Eli. I like the friendship Eli has with his brother. Things are rosy for the ex-con...now for a meeting with Sam's father. >:)
    Eli and his brother are total bros, that's for sure. I cracked myself up writing their scenes. Things are rosy for now, but you know how it goes, Pammie, it's the calm before the storm. LoL.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I can't believe how perfect the timing of this is. My next chapter is up for you all, Chapter 9: The Best Thing. Happy Valentine's Day. Wrote this chapter as part of Eli's gen, and then I noticed the date, and couldn't believe how perfect the timing was. Hope you all enjoy!
    02-13-17_9-38-40-pm.png?w=1030&h=587
  • Options
    OMG, what a PERFECT Valentine's Day update. I know things won't be perfect forever (well, even with the curfew/living situation struggles), but this was just so sweet. I'm so glad to see Eli getting a bit of happiness finally. He and Sam are absolutely adorable together.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Sigh...that was an amazing Valentine's gift. :love: Better than my update with a lot of b*tch-slapping, fighting over a guy. Ha!

I ADORE them together. I'm just waiting for something bad to happen...eek! :grimace:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Wait it's been six months and you still haven't met her family? Red flags man something's up! Still such a cute chapter for Valentines Day! <3
  • Options
    Hopefully this update will answer some questions about Sam's Dad. Chapter 10: The Truth is out now, and will be my last update until after the weekend. I'm heading to Gallifrey One in Los Angeles bright and early tomorrow, dressed as the 11th Doctor.
  • Options
    I had a feeling it'd come to this...what an update and wow at that surprise news! I'm really rooting for them to work things out and make the best of their situation, but I know it won't be easy, especially with the Daddy situation. But even more than her father, Sam really needs to be the one to give Eli a second chance. And after he thought she accepted him as he was... :'(
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Is it too early to blame it of pregnancy hormones?! I mean come on you dated for a whole year and you never asked what he went to jail for! That's almost the first thing you ask when dating a excon!

Lets just calm down she worked herself up with the guilt of lying to her father, getting pregnant, remembering how micromanaged her youth was, then finding out you were the reason for it, plus finally coming to the realization that she is dating a criminal a real bonafide criminal! I give her a week or two tops! Maybe three to a month if she decides to tell her father and it goes badly! Don't worry Eli I'm still rooting for mostly cause of your adorable nooboos but all the same for you :D