Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Second Chances: GENERATION 2 [UPDATED: 3/13/19]

Comments

• WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    All of Eli's mother's faces during their talk crack me up you could really feel her rage! Well now Eli can write a very graphic detailed letter to his younger brother about life in the big house!
  • orangeplumboborangeplumbob Posts: 1,102 Member
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    All of Eli's mother's faces during their talk crack me up you could really feel her rage! Well now Eli can write a very graphic detailed letter to his younger brother about life in the big house!

He sure can! Hopefully he scares him enough to keep Anthony out of prison. Ha.
    _____

Okay, I need some ideas and help. I really don't like how EA named their four districts. I want to rename them for my story so it seems more natural. I'm thinking of keeping Uptown, because that's pretty normal and could work for this story. And the Art District I am just calling Downtown, because that's where I use all my "downtown" photos. I hate the name "Spice District" sounds like a place where you get Galactic drugs from Star Wars or Dune. And I need to rename the Fashion District to something that says rich and powerful, but at the same time keeps with the Sim World. The Spice District is more the rugged, opposite side of the tracks type of neighborhood. So I need something that would fit that description. Once I rename them, I'll go back into my old chapters and fix the names to keep with the story. Just, I need some input from my fellow readers.

Also, because this is a urban city and would have more than one High School, I need a name for a high school located in the Spice District, and a good mascot for that school. School colors would also help.
    Okay, with some help in General Discussion, I may have solved my problems!

Spice District is now West Myshuno
    Art District is Downtown
    Uptown is Uptown
    Fashion District is now Roaring Heights based off the Sims 3 world. Thought it was better than Tinsel Heights from Urbz

High School is West Myshuno High in West Myshuno.

What do you guys think? If you have any better suggestions let me know, I can always edit names.

Um, so I usually don't do a lot of photography shots with my Sims, or do any editing. Yet, for the next chapter I'm working on this cool little project, and I thought I'd share with you a photo I edited for it. No, this is not Eli, but someone else that will be coming into the story.

01-27-17_10-30-53c2a0pm.png?w=840
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I hate the name "Spice District" sounds like a place where you get Galactic drugs from Star Wars or Dune. And I need to rename the Fashion District to something that says rich and powerful, but at the same time keeps with the Sim World.

That's hilarious, now I'll never not be able to think of that when I'm in the Spice District. I remember thinking along similar lines and wondering how many back-alley spice deals were going on behind the karaoke bar--I've played too many Star Wars games, I guess. I like the new names you've chosen, and it's nice to see Roaring Heights live on in Sims 4, even if in name only.

That's a beautiful photo.

uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Okay, with some help in General Discussion, I may have solved my problems!

Spice District is now West Myshuno
    Art District is Downtown
    Uptown is Uptown
    Fashion District is now Roaring Heights based off the Sims 3 world. Thought it was better than Tinsel Heights from Urbz

High School is West Myshuno High in West Myshuno.

What do you guys think? If you have any better suggestions let me know, I can always edit names.

Sounds good to me! Can't wait to see them in your world.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Hey all! Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Anyway, the next chapter, Chapter 3: Education is up!
    The toddler is so adorable! Glad things seem to be going better for Eli. Well I guess the letter worked :D When I first saw Aaron I thought he was going to be snobby I'm glad he just likes to dress all studious!
    edited January 2017
    When is Eli up for parole? He acts like he won't be out for 20 years. That would make him ancient to start a family when he does get out. (Of course I'm thinking toddlers since I saw his little sister...)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    The toddler is so adorable! Glad things seem to be going better for Eli. Well I guess the letter worked :D When I first saw Aaron I thought he was going to be snobby I'm glad he just likes to dress all studious!

LoL, he is a bit of a perfectionist, but not a snob. That, and I don't write snobby characters really well.
    When is Eli up for parole? He acts like he won't be out for 20 years. That would make him ancient to start a family when he does get out. (Of course I'm thinking toddlers since I saw his little sister...)

latest?cb=20130214162212
    Soon. Right now he's at five years. Next chapter will be at 7 years. I'm thinking at 10 years he'll get parole, which puts him at 28-29 years of age. So, he'll still be young enough to start a family.
    edited January 2017
    And the next chapter is in! Chapter 4: Death in Prison

Also, I need input. Do you like the style of my normal photos, or would you much rather see something like this for all my photos?

01-29-17_7-10-46-pm.png?w=1010&h=568

I am looking at different Photoshop filters and presets, and I may change my photos to something more edgy, but I want to know why my fans think.
    I LOVE the enhanced photos...but...if it hinders your progress, I'll take what I can get. I know from experience that when you get too crazy with detail, it can take the fun out of things and you might give up. DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!! (I love your work too much!) :blush:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited January 2017
    I LOVE the enhanced photos...but...if it hinders your progress, I'll take what I can get. I know from experience that when you get too crazy with detail, it can take the fun out of things and you might give up. DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!! (I love your work too much!) :blush:

It actually won't take long. I made an "action" in PSD and all I have to do is edit all the photos and reupload them to Wordpress.

AND DONE! All the posts have been updated and I am pretty impressed with how it came out.
    Post edited by orangeplumbob on
    Pops oh Pops this doesn't help that I'm still not over Pops dying in the finale of Regular Show! But I'm glad Eli is becoming a better person. Who knew all it took was a couple of years with a bunch of criminals :D
    Pops oh Pops this doesn't help that I'm still not over Pops dying in the finale of Regular Show! But I'm glad Eli is becoming a better person. Who knew all it took was a couple of years with a bunch of criminals :D

More like seven years, but yes, he's becoming a more mature and better person.
    Finally. Woot, new chapter! Chapter 5: Parole Granted has been released. I've been working hard on getting the sets and new places built that I need for future updates and this one. Enjoy!
    Awesome update! Looks like the legacy has a much greater chance of continuing soon... And your screenshots are absolutely perfect.
    uduVcAP.png
    Well here's hoping he doesn't take for granted everything he learned in prison and turns his life around! You take great pictures by the way! :D
    Alright!! Now let's get on with things, Eli (and don't sc*ew up!!)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Awesome update! Looks like the legacy has a much greater chance of continuing soon... And your screenshots are absolutely perfect.

Yes, won't be as long as this last update. I had quite a lot of building to do for this story, and I decided to do it all in one go. My husband even gave me input on the builds, which (for me) is totally awesome. He usually doesn't do that with the Sims.
    Well here's hoping he doesn't take for granted everything he learned in prison and turns his life around! You take great pictures by the way! :D

Cross those fingers and toes!

Let's hope he doesn't screw up. Crossing my fingers...

Hehe, don't know if you noticed, @pammiechick but I added Day and Knight to my blogroll.

Yes, won't be as long as this last update. I had quite a lot of building to do for this story, and I decided to do it all in one go. My husband even gave me input on the builds, which (for me) is totally awesome. He usually doesn't do that with the Sims.

Cross those fingers and toes!

Let's hope he doesn't screw up. Crossing my fingers...

Hehe, don't know if you noticed, @pammiechick but I added Day and Knight to my blogroll.

Really? YAY! I'm honored! :smiley:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Sooo, another update! I cranked this one out today. Had fun. Started my regular play as well.

Chapter 6: PO and Job Hunting

Instead of following the Legacy rules, I obviously moved Ryder into an apartment. However to counteract the money, I lowered Eli's money down to $500. Just enough to buy food and a new mattress.
    Wow. Your sets are amazing! So glad Eli found a job. I never liked the start of legacies with the open plot of land. Yours is realistic. Awesome chapter. Can't wait to see what these two get up to. Hopefully, Marv will be a good influence. He seems to be so far.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Pammiechick is right, your sets are incredible! So glad you managed to get out another update so early. Hopefully Eli is able to make a decent life for himself now. Keep those updates coming!
    uduVcAP.png
    Well the apartment is cozy :D His PO seems respectable so hopefully no dirty cops here. And Now Marv as a great alternate for Pops Roy and Nancy for support. And who ever really follows the rules they're more like guidelines anyway! You have a very good eye for detail when it comes to your lots!