Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 1 plus all expansion packs on Origin on the House

DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
I believe that The Sims 1 and all expansions should be On The House with Origin for 1 month, goes for PC and Mac, after that for 3 months you can buy it for $15.
The Sims 1 Collection On The House should have special pictures to hang or some item that shows sims from TS2, TS3, and TS4. TS4 should get those too, and one that is TS1, but not some highly edited pictures that look fab, just regular pictures say that could have been painted by a Sim at a high painting skill, it should show the playable Goth Family of that game against the house that they are in, and that games logo.

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited January 2017
    Is it optimized to run on newer versions of windows? As it stands the game will not play on PC and Mac . I have the ultimate collection on disc and you need an old computer to play it.

EDIT Never mind I thought you said it was on the house. EA would have to optimize the game to play on newer PC and Mac. I don't see that happening
  • AliraAlira Posts: 169 Member
    lol this is really funny, it's kinda hard to find an old pc like that! :D
    tumblr_lmunod9VCw1qhfp08o1_500.gif
  • chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    I've been wanting this to happen, too. I miss The Sims. :-(
    Alira wrote: »
    lol this is really funny, it's kinda hard to find an old pc like that! :D

Not always. Some people keep their old computers. I have one that will run the game in my closet.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited January 2017
    this got me excited because i thought it was on the house...
  • EnginoEngino Posts: 4 New Member
    It would be awesome to have sims1 on the house. I managed to acquire a copy of ts1 vanilla, and I quite like it. having the whole shebang on origin would make my day! As to the statement of sims1 not running on modern machinery, I have actually gotten my game to run on my laptop, which uses windows11; I don't remember how I did it though...
  • NerdyMcNerdPantsNerdyMcNerdPants Posts: 49 Member
    Come on EA, Get on it ;)
    This is my wishlist! I'm on mobile so I can't link it properly loool. Thanks everyone for having a Look! Xx <3

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=NerdyMcNerdPants
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Is it optimized to run on newer versions of windows? As it stands the game will not play on PC and Mac . I have the ultimate collection on disc and you need an old computer to play it.

I agree with this. You pretty much need an older computer to play The Sims because many newer computers include Windows 10 so running The Sims is going to be impossible, same thing if you want to play Age of Empires II, SimCity 4, or any other SafeDisc game. Even people without Windows 10 aren't safe as Microsoft released the KB3086255 update for Windows Vista, 7, and 8.1 which also blocks SafeDisc but you can enable the driver or remove the update.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

I agree with this. You pretty much need an older computer to play The Sims because many newer computers include Windows 10 so running The Sims is going to be impossible, same thing if you want to play Age of Empires II, SimCity 4, or any other SafeDisc game. Even people without Windows 10 aren't safe as Microsoft released the KB3086255 update for Windows Vista, 7, and 8.1 which also blocks SafeDisc but you can enable the driver or remove the update.

Thanks . I may have to remove that update and see if I can get the sims 1 ultimate collection to play on windows 8. I would rather not use my old xp computer. I don't have a screen for it and I would need an old square screen monitor .
  • casseyshazeracasseyshazera Posts: 89 Member
    edited January 2017
    I actually played sims 1 on windows 10 over a year ago, I just had to run it in administrator mode or something. It kept closing down every now and then, but it loads so fast it doesn't really matter... and after all those years trying to get a dragon.... i finally got one :)
    Post edited by casseyshazera on
    Aka..... Flaming Husky
    Sims Kennel Club - Delta Aquilae Siberian Huskies

Games Played :
    Sims 1/2/3/4/Castaway,
    AC 2, Dirt, SOD, Star Wars .... May The Force Be With You :)
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    PLEASE
    giphy_1.gif
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    that title tho
  • SoniaSimmerSoniaSimmer Posts: 85 Member

I have played the Sims 1 in a modern laptop that I upgraded to Windows 10, so that's not true. Now I'm playing it on Windows 8.1 and yeah, that update should be removed because for some reason the game didn't work if you had it installed. Anyone with a modern computer should be able to run it if they follow these steps (I'm quoting myself because I helped someone here to make it work in this forum):
    I've been able to Play the Sims 1 in Windows 8 and also in Windows 8.1. I'll tell you what steps I followed in order to make it work, and if you feel like it, you could try to make it work, okay?

1) I installed it in C:\Maxis\The Sims (this is very important, since I couldn't make it work if I installed it in C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims.
    And by that I mean that I installed not only the base game, but also every single expansion.

2) Once the installation (of the base game) is finished, you have to create a shortcut of the Sims.exe file, which you'll find in the C:\Maxis\Los Sims folder (it's the typical blue icon).

3) Right click on that shortcut and:
    -Click on run as administrator
    -Click on run this program compatibility mode for Service Pack 3 (some people say they run it selecting the Service Pack 2 option, but in my case that didn't work. You can try both and see which one is the most appropriate for you.
    resubida_zps0kskeuy1.gif

• ECrafters99ECrafters99 Posts: 99 Member
    When I first saw this thread I thought you meant that it was actually on the house. Mabey we will get it considering it is the 17th anniversary?
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited February 2017
    please sim gurus or ea! we need the sims 1 badly. well i do since i never played the pc version. my friend gave my the game cube version but i want the pc one ;n;
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    I have the Sims1 complete collection on a USB somewhere and it would play from the USB on Windows 10 just fine. I think I lost the USB from moving around so much, but I didnt even have it installed on the computer.
  • karasuhimechankarasuhimechan Posts: 41 Member
    I really hope this will happen soon!!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Got to try this one! If can't get the windows 10 machine to cooperate, I've a 20-something year old XP machine that runs my Sims2.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Things I vaguely remember about Sims1 when it first came out.

I remember when I copied the sims folders over to the PC in the old days and used that other sims.exe to play without the disks I was told you had use the command to "show all files" as some of them were hidden and wouldn't copy over unless you did that.

Does anyone remember an argument about an elevator that a Simmer made for Sims 1 in the early 2000's? Something about copyright? I do remember the one tile one that was on the Moni's sim site that I used all the time.

If they can make Theme Hospital work why can't they give us Sims1?

• CoreyTessCoreyTess Posts: 48 Member
    I had downloaded Sims 1 on a link and played it on my new PC lap top fine, but i can't find the link anymore. It worked fine though, other than I got very frustrated with it after a while - just forgot how few things you could do- but actually some things, you could do a lot easier.
    Catch Up with My Sims Stuff Here simfablife.blogspot.com
    tumblr_oa663idSUS1v00mydo1_500.gif

• FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    Sims 1 works just fine when run with compatibility mode service pack something, of course screen size is different, bus nostalgia beats that. I really hope to see them on Origin, best would be to see the game on the house, but if they would tag them with some dollars, I really wouldn't mind. This is the game for people who mostly were kids when they tried it for the first time. When I look back at the game, it's just adorable, despite the fact that no one ages, and you start hating children :joy: but on the other hand, all item design is just gorgeous, so detail, even if there is no possibility to get really close to objects, or turn the view like we can do in Sims 4. I still believe it's nostalgia working, you have to be really patient to play it for a long time, but everyone is worth to get this game, not from friends, dusty drawers, secret internet pages, but the creators :heart:
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited April 2017
    I spent a fortune on CC for Sims 1 (in telephone line charges not per item) and would love to dig it out again for a replay if I could get the game to play properly. I bought all the packs and the complete edition and now it doesn't work for me on Windows 10.

AND to add insult to injury my three year old i7 HP laptop cannot install the Creators Edition of Windows 10 as HP have not the necessary drivers for it AND it takes until 30% of installation to tell me so. :#
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I believe that The Sims 1 and all expansions should be On The House with Origin for 1 month, goes for PC and Mac, after that for 3 months you can buy it for $15.
    The Sims 1 Collection On The House should have special pictures to hang or some item that shows sims from TS2, TS3, and TS4. TS4 should get those too, and one that is TS1, but not some highly edited pictures that look fab, just regular pictures say that could have been painted by a Sim at a high painting skill, it should show the playable Goth Family of that game against the house that they are in, and that games logo.

I actually had the Ultimate collection a few years ago.
    I played for a couple of hours but it was really hard for me to get back into it.

It really made me apperciate how far the game has come.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I got really excited for a moment before I read your post haha.

I would love this, I still play the Sims 1 regularly on my laptop but its starting to die since its 5+ years old. Unfortunately, most new laptops dont even come with a cd/dvd drive anymore so I really wish EA would release a digital copy like they did with the sims 2.