Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler glitches.

Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
Does anyone have the problem where the adult sim can't look after their toddler? For instance if I click on the adult sim to read a book to the toddler, they can't. The adult sim gets reset and unable to perform such task. Anything to do with the toddler, they can't perform.
keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
What are they feeding you?
Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
It's not your fault!

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Got any mods installed?

--T
  • Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2017
    @To7m I've got MC Command centre installed. And also a skills mod I downloaded from MTS.
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
    Take them out and try. It's probably them. Make sure you save your games also. Good luck and let us know.

--T
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Mine does that and I don't have the mcc mod. I have hairs.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I'm getting my sims popping or jumping out of an action mid way. This started before I added back in my mods.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

Toblie wrote: »
    Mine does that and I don't have the mcc mod. I have hairs.

Then take out your CC and try. Back up your games also.

@luthienrising, any ideas?

--T
    I'm getting my sims popping or jumping out of an action mid way. This started before I added back in my mods.

I'm actually experiencing this a little, no mods or CC but I've only just started playing again after 2 years so I'm not familiar with bugs and glitches yet. I thought it might be normal lol.

I've also got this thing with super speed, it'll skip back a couple of hours or so when I hit speed 2 or 1. Is this anything?

--T
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    Yes mine does the speed thing too. I also am having the same issue where when clubs are active sims pause and do nothing until you pause the game and they start moving again. only not in clubs just in general. With and without mods.
  • Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    @To7m everyone's got the same problem with the super speed.
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
    Toblie wrote: »
    Yes mine does the speed thing too. I also am having the same issue where when clubs are active sims pause and do nothing until you pause the game and they start moving again. only not in clubs just in general. With and without mods.

Ha! Yes me too. It probably helps that a pause A LOT so I don't get it often, but enough to notice it.

It might just be to do with the new update, hopefully the next patch will tune things up a little.

--T
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    To7m wrote: »

I'm actually experiencing this a little, no mods or CC but I've only just started playing again after 2 years so I'm not familiar with bugs and glitches yet. I thought it might be normal lol.

I've also got this thing with super speed, it'll skip back a couple of hours or so when I hit speed 2 or 1. Is this anything?

--T

lol I know what you mean, I've only started playing again about a week ago when I got CL. At first I thought it was do to some mods - the "jump bug" - but I removed all my mods again and it's still happening.

I'm also getting the speed thing as well. Again, I thought it could be from MC, but if you're having the same thing then I guess it's not. The jumping out of actions reminds me of the jump bug from Sims 2.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    There have been some reports I think. Main bug I'm getting at the moment is the mouth bug which I was getting even with my mods disabled.

If you want to report a possible bug, you can make note of it in the Bugs Forum or here on the EA Answers.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    There have been some reports I think. Main bug I'm getting at the moment is the mouth bug which I was getting even with my mods disabled.

If you want to report a possible bug, you can make note of it in the Bugs Forum or here on the EA Answers.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Ooh ok, I might make a quick thread with some of the stuff I've noticed when I get home. The skipping and jumping doesn't bother me too much, or the speed thing as it's manageable and doesn't cause issues but would be nice if the devs could have a look.

--T
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    They probably are. The QA team is usually on that stuff like @SimGuruNick or @SimGuruArvin (I think).
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yeah, as far as I know at the moment, the speed thing might be hardware-dependent. The other glitch might benefit from a folder refresh:
    1. Move (not copy) Saves, Tray, Mods, Screenshots, Videos, and Custom Music folders and the Options.ini file to your desktop. If there is a folder inside Saves called Scratch, delete it.
    2. Delete the rest of the The Sims 4 folder from your Documents > Electronic Arts folder.
    3. Start the game, and exit the game. Now you have a fresh Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder.
    4. Copy all the folders and the file back and start the game again.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.