Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Vampires: Live stream questions

Comments

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    When in bat form can a sim fly freely from one floor to another without using stairs? Or are they limited to wherever a normal sim can walk to, like in TS2?
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Jerrello wrote: »
    Any plans for gamepacks for the other supernaturals?

This is also something that I would like to know, if you're at liberty to say...
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Do Vampire's keep their powers after they die and become ghosts?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Why call is plasma and not blood?

ESRB reasons. We need to stay within the T rating of the basegame.

Sidenote: Did you know if an expansion gets a higher age rating that its basegame, the basegame rating also gets adjusted and goes up as well?

OT; Wicked Cool Avie, can't wait til this pack comes out.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just wondering.....would more potions be available to make with the herbalism skill? Such as "sunscreen" or other elixirs?
    Teens can vampire hunt right?! Teens need to be able to hunt all supernaturals!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Will toddlers/kids be able to have the glowing eyes from the parents? Or will they come in at all when they get into their teens?
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    When in bat form can a sim fly freely from one floor to another without using stairs? Or are they limited to wherever a normal sim can walk to, like in TS2?

Yeah, I want know it
    I have plans for a vampire only club, where has no door. Only an arch at 2nd floor
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member

Sidenote: Did you know if an expansion gets a higher age rating that its basegame, the basegame rating also gets adjusted and goes up as well?

Why cant raise The Sims 4 to the next level?
    Origin automatically disable M games when your account say it is under 18?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    leo3487 wrote: »

I thought I read somewhere that M-rated or maybe it's Adult Only rated games don't sell as well as some T games sometimes, and sometimes M/AO games are not sold in certain countries, depending on the content.

Sims is a wide appeal type of game and is sold in different countries beyond the US, and some people don't like certain M/AO material, so I am guessing/theorizing that maybe the company wouldn't want to limit their audience (or lose the audience who are not fond of M or AO games as well)?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited January 2017

I thought I read somewhere that M-rated or maybe it's Adult Only rated games don't sell as well as some T games sometimes, and sometimes M/AO games are not sold in certain countries, depending on the content.

Sims is a wide appeal type of game and is sold in different countries beyond the US, and some people don't like certain M/AO material, so I am guessing/theorizing that maybe the company wouldn't want to limit their audience (or lose the audience who are not fond of M or AO games as well)?

They don't need to raise the rating to M they just need to give us more romantic interactions like more kiss types and slowdancing. I won't say anything more as I don't want to get this offtopic.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017

They don't need to raise the rating to M they just need to give us more romantic interactions like more kiss types and slowdancing. I won't say anything more as I don't want to get this offtopic.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think this rating needs to be raised either. :smile:

I like the sims game being a sweet/gentle (but hilarious and outrageous at times, lol) series.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    Will there be any new lot types? It's not a huge deal, but I do wish that I had cemeteries in the game - even if it's just a community lot and not officially "cemetery" - where I can have specific ghosts tied to the lot and where I can build my vampire Sims' lair.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
    Any chance the photobooth is returning in this pack?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

For one, it's not only the GP that would end up M rated - it's the whole game, basegame included, according to @SimGuruNinja. And that would likely be retroactive, so all those players under 18 who are playing now would at the very least lose their access to the Gallery, and might lose game access entirely. They would have to restrict these forums to 18+ as well. The consequences are pretty high for a game that's been out this long and for the goodwill of players who bought the game as a T rated game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Hi! I love that people are being passionate about things, but I have to ask that comments on this thread remain on topic so that everybody gets a chance for their questions in the stream to be seen and answered. Feel free to start your own threads, thanks :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    Luke wrote: »
    Will there be any new lot types? It's not a huge deal, but I do wish that I had cemeteries in the game - even if it's just a community lot and not officially "cemetery" - where I can have specific ghosts tied to the lot and where I can build my vampire Sims' lair.

I'd like to know this as well. The last 3 Gamepacks have all had new lot types.
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Will there be a way to protect yourself against hunters? Besides hiding and locking yourself in, I mean.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have one!

Will vampires have a "lineage tree" similar to family trees so we can look back to see who sired whom?
    #Team Occult
    edited January 2017
    Is the Eerrie Music at the beginning of the powers trailer on the spooky station?
    Humans can sleep in a Coffin like a vampire, right? So If I Gave a sim 3rd degree burns and make them sleep... I could possibly stage Wake and funeral.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• meganalyssa94meganalyssa94 Posts: 199 Member
    I apologize if this was already asked - there is way too many submissions to read through.

Probably an obvious question, but when vampires have children and they are vampire babies - will they only age from the birthday cake or will they age like normal? Or an extended amount for their lifespan like in TS3?
    Genetics, when A Human and Vampire have a baby together, Obviously Supernatural genes are more dominant, but what are the chances the baby would be born human?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2017
    Do vampires need permission to enter houses? Can sims deny them permission, if they'd like (since sims have to be in anyway to let people in.) If they do, is there a reward/power to enter without permission (even if sims are out?) Is it a power to walk in the sun?
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Do vampires need permission to enter houses? Can sims deny them permission, if they'd like (since sims have to be in anyway to let people in.) If they do, is there a reward/power to enter without permission (even if sims are out?) Is it a power to walk in the sun?

1) Low level Vampires need permission to enter houses. High level vampires? Maybe not; based on your Powers.
    2) There are Sunlight Powers & Weaknesses. Choose wisely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top