Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I Deleted My Toddlers >.>

So I was having fun with this adorable family of 3 and their even more adorable Spice Market apartment I decorated all colorful. The toddler was too cute and I was working hard on getting her skills up with thoughts of her becoming a famous singer someday. Then I was like, gee I wonder how toddlers interact with each other? And how do children interact with toddlers? So I had the mother and father go try for baby.

Well wouldn't you know it, 3 days later she gives birth to twins. Suddenly their tiny 2 bedroom apartment was way too small and mom and dad had no time to devote to teaching little Kess all her skills. They were busy taking care of the screaming twins. I moved the whole family into a larger apartment they could really not afford and I didn't like it nearly as much. In order to squeeze in a third bedroom all the other rooms had to be smaller and they were no longer in the spice market where I had pictured Kess growing up learning how to eat spicy food from a young age.

When the twins turned into toddlers it was me pausing every 10 seconds to stressfully micro manage my family of five. I quit to desktop because it wasn't fun anymore, so i was sitting here thinking - man I wish I could go back to when they just had one kid...

Then the little devil on my shoulder reminded me about manage households. So I did it. I took them into CAS, deleted the twins and moved them back into their old apartment. I feel a little guilty but mostly I'm just happy to have my cute little family back. >:)

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Try not to worry too much; I'm sure that by deleting them they've gone to another family somewhere in simNation who will love and cherish them, we just don't know where.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    you could have just split the household and gave the kids to some poor unsuspecting NPCs :D
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Aww.. poor babies. :o

But I did something similar a bit go so I can't judge you!

My family had 3 children already, and I must have accidentally clicked try for a baby one time instead of woohoo because tada! Pregnant. One more couldn't hurt I thought. Guess my surprise when she had triplets!! I had absolutely no room for 3 more sims. So I aged them all up, moved the 2 unlucky ones into another family with manage household and then deleted it!

I felt a little bad, but it had to be done. lol.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    you could have just split the household and gave the kids to some poor unsuspecting NPCs :D
    I agree 110%

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    When the twins turned into toddlers it was me pausing every 10 seconds to stressfully micro manage my family of five. I quit to desktop because it wasn't fun anymore, so i was sitting here thinking - man I wish I could go back to when they just had one kid...
    Many real world families feel this way.
    At least in the game you can go back to just one kid, much harder to do in the real world. :p
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Many real world families feel this way.
    At least in the game you can go back to just one kid, much harder to do in the real world. :p

Hence the motto "when in doubt, don't"
    Never a good idea unless you really want them.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    You do what is right for you, what is right for your gameplay and enjoyment. :smile:

Don't worry; that is what Manage Households is there for: to "manage" the households. :wink:

I am planning to delete one of my tots myself, because I really do want two adults for the tot-raising job. (I had a single sim with SEVEN tots...some of which are Fussy, Wild, and Clingy, lol! Imagine the chaos in the beginning of that challenge. :flushed: )

So don't feel guilty. It's your game and you're in control. Do what you want and what will give you enjoyment. The purpose of a game is to have fun, not be stressed out. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Aww.. poor babies. :o

But I did something similar a bit go so I can't judge you!

My family had 3 children already, and I must have accidentally clicked try for a baby one time instead of woohoo because tada! Pregnant. One more couldn't hurt I thought. Guess my surprise when she had triplets!! I had absolutely no room for 3 more sims. So I aged them all up, moved the 2 unlucky ones into another family with manage household and then deleted it!

I felt a little bad, but it had to be done. lol.

This reminds me, a few times in the past when my sims would get a 'Try for baby with..' to get the points I'd have them go at it, and wouldn't you know it, I didn't want children (at THAT point) and was hoping each time it'd fail and it's always proving to succeed! Sims want it and they don't miss a beat... What rotten sims! lol
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I learned this lesson many times when playing this game, long before toddlers were in the picture. My brain just can't process too many sims in one household and not want to explode. I invariably end up going back and forth between micro-managing them and letting them do their own thing. But when I let them do their own thing, they get all infinite-plum on me, so I go back to micro-managing. Rinse, repeat, until I wear out and go back to a less insane household.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I was in need of a dashing bachelor for my (new) legacy, but all the ones I could find had toddlers. So, I had to delete a little tyke and there was a moment of hesitation and guilt, then I went on my merry way. :D:D
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    @Simsweetie Did you save the family b4 you deleted? That way you could have added them to another family, of your choice and not have to play them but you could have had a little less guilt.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member

*evil laugh* I would have dropped them in on Lily Feng.... she hates kids... :)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Wow. Kind of cold, dude.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Oh my god, that's hilarious. RIP twins.

I've never deleted sims from families before. In TS2, I have the triplets and quads mod, so when my sim has multiple babies, I just suffer until those sims reach childhood haha.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I don't have time for caring for any sim's needs, let alone toddlers.
    Cheats are my friend.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I would look to experiment with a nanny or employ a butler who can be given responsibility for looking after them - after cancelling him cleaning etc., and try to employ a cleaner as well if possible. I always cheat with motherlode though!
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Hehe you can tell EA made toddlers really well when people start forgetting they're just pixels and start feeling guilty deleting them.
  • MorticiaBlack7MorticiaBlack7 Posts: 130 Member
    So I was having fun with this adorable family of 3 and their even more adorable Spice Market apartment I decorated all colorful. The toddler was too cute and I was working hard on getting her skills up with thoughts of her becoming a famous singer someday. Then I was like, gee I wonder how toddlers interact with each other? And how do children interact with toddlers? So I had the mother and father go try for baby.

Well wouldn't you know it, 3 days later she gives birth to twins. Suddenly their tiny 2 bedroom apartment was way too small and mom and dad had no time to devote to teaching little Kess all her skills. They were busy taking care of the screaming twins. I moved the whole family into a larger apartment they could really not afford and I didn't like it nearly as much. In order to squeeze in a third bedroom all the other rooms had to be smaller and they were no longer in the spice market where I had pictured Kess growing up learning how to eat spicy food from a young age.

Then the little devil on my shoulder reminded me about manage households. So I did it. I took them into CAS, deleted the twins and moved them back into their old apartment. I feel a little guilty but mostly I'm just happy to have my cute little family back. >:)

You bad, bad person, you!! :wink:
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Tbh I would've just moved them to a different household and once some time passed by and they aged up you could've brought them back if you wanted.
  • WenniepennieWenniepennie Posts: 61 Member
    I moved two of my toddler to the Pancakes household. I let them raise the kid lol. Kinda like adoption.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Honestly, I can only handle one or two at a time. I think for me I'll have to age a toddler into a child before even considering another toddler. While they are completely adorable and lovable and all that...I'm just not that talented a simmer :( Three babies is headache territory for me.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

I have a question about that: Does it reset their relationship with their actual parents, or will they still count as their children (so it would be like they had been given away for adoption)?
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    Call me a micro manager but splitting the household would bother me because they would still show up on the family tree and be like 'those children they got rid of' rather than me pretending they never existed at all.

I have a question about that: Does it reset their relationship with their actual parents, or will they still count as their children (so it would be like they had been given away for adoption)?

Whichever family you gave them to would be like babysitters, no relation to the child/children. They would still be your sim's children, calling up Mommy and Daddy when they got old enough, coming over, etc.

I would find that more depressing honestly.
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member

put mod time change,it was much better playing ..you dont have to run and you have lots of time on your hand...difoult time is 25 i set time on 75 and actions r not to slow,actualy i love to play now and having time for evrithing..even fy todlers and babys
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2017
    The good thing about deleting sims is that the relationships seem to be deleted when you get rid of the sims. Which is good, because I didn't want any sims mourning the loss of their child or something, just because I deleted them, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)