Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suddenly Unplayable

Twoeta_BirdTwoeta_Bird Posts: 124 Member
I played the game for most of the day yesterday, playing with toddlers and letting the rest of the family just kind of wander around the house doing their own thing. Eventually, everyone went to bed except the family's teenage daughter, who started painting at an easel in her room. She has a job as a bean blender or whatever (the barista job) and it was 5 am, so she had to leave. But instead of leaving she just stopped painting. When I pressed the button to make her go to work, nothing happened. She wasn't frozen-- she was talking and moving her arms and swaying a little bit. I tried resetting her but it didn't work, so I turned the game off.
Today I turned on my computer again and started the game up. The daughter was still standing at her easel, shifting from foot to foot and mumbling to herself as idle sims do. I tried to make her go to work, but she just continued to stand there. She eventually got a call from her boss, at 6 am, when she was an hour late, and I selected the option for her to pick up the phone. It was 6:30 am by the time she finally responded to the command. Then, I tried to make her go to work again. Nothing. Just stood there. I tried resetting her again, but the game suddenly started lagging ridiculously. I didn't have any patience left, and because nothing had happened, I exited the game without saving.
I have never experienced an unplayable sim before! Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Comments