Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else doing this?

Anyone else playing with aging off just to enjoy as much time as possible with their toddlers?

I started a new family...single female sim. I also moved next door some single male sim from the gallery. They met, had a quick wedding and got pregnant right away. She had a girl named Karlee. I was so excited waiting for the newborn to age to a toddler. I then immediately turned off aging. I decided to make her toddler trait Fussy because I thought it would be fun...um NOooo lol... She is almost starving getting a notification about starving and while she is sitting in the high chair she is constantly throwing her food on the floor. Her parents are constantly lecturing her about misbehaving but it doesn't matter. Another thing is I instruct her dad to potty train, or change her diaper, or give her a bath...I look away for 2 seconds and come back and he is reading her a story and she has a moodlet about getting her way from fussing...

lol she is a brat!!!

What exciting, frustrating toddler story's do you have?

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I only play with aging off anyways. Lol
  • Options
    Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    I always play with aging off. People get older when I tell them to.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes, I do that too. I still don't have enough <3 Yesterday my toddler (btw my rl daughter :D ) finally mastered the last skill
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Oh yeah and I forgot - she was doing that too even is she has a different trait. Maxing thinking skill helped. Anyways I am not sure if it is called thinking in english. It is the one pictured with cubes
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Yes, I usually have ageing on for active household and rotate round a few different families in my save. However, after giving them all toddlers I ve turned aging off completely for a while as I don't want them to age up yet.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I play with aging off and when I want people to age up I use the birthday cake :) I want to achieve all the goodies in their life, my toddler is at level 3 with most of her skills now, she just started walking pretty fast and mastered potty training, don't know if I would have managed that with aging on ;)
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    to make them eat, get them to grab a meal from the serving plate, then they go sit on a chair and eat it.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I'm doing aging off right now. I'm not ready to do any kind of generational thing right now. I just wanna focus on adorableness and stop and smell the roses.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I've never played with aging off. Do they die on their own or do you have to select something like give up the ghost or whatever? I would rather death come when it may
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I've always played with aging off and age up when I feel ready. @ladybreid, I haven't had to deal with that yet as none of my sims have aged to elder. I'm definitely considering it now that toddlers are here just to see how elderly grandparents interact with the little ones.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    I play either with the long lifespan or a custom one. In the long span the toddler stage was 28 days so that was plenty of time. :smile:
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I did haha :D I'll probably turn it off again soon though because I tend to forget that I have to age my sims up
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Count me in as one of those simmers who have always played with Aging off in all of the sims games that have the aging (so, since Sims 2). I use Birthday Cakes or cheats to age sims up.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I've never played with aging off. Do they die on their own or do you have to select something like give up the ghost or whatever? I would rather death come when it may

They won't die of old age. They only die if they face other deaths.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Long lifespan works for me. :smile:
  • Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    I never thought of trying Long Lifespan, I keep forgetting that's an option. For now I'm playing with aging off but I might switch to long lifespan later.
  • Options
    KrayzieStrykerKrayzieStryker Posts: 2,646 Member
    Well i cheat in Sims 2 so i won't age at all, after Sims 3 i never actually played without aging off at all ^^
    My Sims never died because off old age but some other causes mostly because of fire i really don't like my Sims dying.
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2017
    I play with aging off anyway. I wanted all of the children in my game to grow up together. I put them in a kids club so that they'd build their relationships and do things together, now they all have a full friendship bar with each other, and I'm trying to build the courage to turn aging off and start playing them as teenagers. Lol it's so hard for me because I'm so picky about my sims :D and now that we have toddlers I have even more reason to keep aging off!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Nah, my gameplay is focused on YA, so i usually move the childrem with an extra sim out of the household so i can age them and meet their still-adult parents, if i make a child, i will aways age them over time.
    jr73Y.gif